PDA

View Full Version : Pathing New Pathing problems

Jimjam
03-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Recently I have noticed in Splitpaw:

If fighting mobs at the zone in sometimes when they run they will warp into the void space outside the tunnel.

The second two static mobs sometimes don't always properly reset to their spawn points. They seem to be hiding in the void either above or below their room so give the appearance of not being there but will aggro on anyone who passes without invis.

In the next big room there are two mobs guarding a set of double doors. Sometimes when pulling the one on the right it will just disappear then come running back with loads of friends. I think this may be related to the next point.

More long standing:
As you go further into the zone there is a set of double doors that open into a room that is intersected by a bridge passing horizontally through the room. If there is a mob on the bridge at it aggros someone in the room instead of jumping off the bridge it will run the long way round through the zone alerting all the other gnolls. I'm not sure if this is bugged pathing (perhaps he is intended to raise the alarm to the zone?) but I thought it would be worth reporting.

Supaskillz
03-26-2014, 10:31 AM
I will add some pathing problems to this. Yeti caves in dl, the yetis on occasion fall the though the floor where they can still attack you but you cannot attack them. Sometimes when they flee they walk though walls .

Also in dl pulling mobs up the platform on the east wall of kc they sometimes go under the platform. Running back out onto the dirt generally fixes it.

bulbousaur
03-26-2014, 12:22 PM
I believe the Splitpaw mob on the bridge agro bringing a train is classic.

anotherfiz
03-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Adding to this, pathing problems in guk and sebilis.

Jimjam
03-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Here's another one that I don't think is intended.

I rolled a barbarian shaman, there is a Snow Orc Trooper pathing around through the newbie canyons in Everfrost. Literally right outside the city. Terrifying.

Rogean
03-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Moving this to resolved since there was a patch to resolve pathing issues that were introduced with the previous patch last weekend.

Open a new thread if there are still issues.

Jimjam
03-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Forgive me, I'm a bit tipsy. So my comprehension is a little shot.

Rogean, what date was the patch you are referring to?

If it was 23rd March you'll note the OP was made on 26th which is when I observed the issues (I was noting them on that day as they arose). If the patch you refer to is after the 26th I guess you can ignore this squiffy post.

Edit: otherwise the issues I mention are probably still live.

Jimjam
03-31-2014, 05:20 AM
The server was down this morning, was this the patch you were referring to Rog?