PDA

View Full Version : deity KOS-ness

deadlycupcakez
03-25-2014, 05:37 PM
anyone know what deities cause KoS'ness where?

primarily interested in Tunare's impact in cities and Innoruuk in the same regard.

thanks!

Estu
03-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Tunare is a standard 'good' deity and Innoruuk is a standard 'evil' one. Your race and class still play a big part, but generally speaking, Tunare worshippers will be hated in Grobb, Oggok, Paineel, and Neriak, and Innoruuk worshippers will be hated everywhere except Grobb, Oggok, Paineel, and Neriak (but may be OK in evil parts of cities, e.g. Freeport evil area, Qeynos sewers). And obviously Cabilis hates anyone who's not an iksar.

Sylexis
03-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Are you asking of the effects of killing Tunare in PoGrowth on say your druid/rng in the future? It will screw you up with some mobs you need faction for, for your epic. Killing Innoruuk however,, his negative faction hit is only against the faction inside the plane of hate.

PoGrowth gives you negative faction for the druids and ranger guilds in kelethin, the high elf cleric guild in Felwithe, and the mobs of PoGrowth.

Edit: Oh you're asking about class diety KoS results. Ugh I need more coffee.

Laugher
03-26-2014, 10:52 AM
as a DE I was allowed in NFreeport as agnostic (mage) (give or take the cleric's guild) as a follower of inny (cleric) however I got owned. Both inny and agnostic DEs I think are dubious by default in west freeport.

*edit* the bards guild might also be hostile, but agnostic DE mage can bank

another notable one is regardless of deity you will be hated by the West Freeport mages guild as a DE

agnostic rogue gnome allowed in OT and FV and can bank/sell, thought that one was pretty cool:)

Claytonhowell
03-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Chose a combo that sets you neutral if you really want to not deal with faction. Ie good race, neutral class evil god.

deadlycupcakez
03-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Thank you all so much for the insight...

I was wanting to play a tunarean High Elf Enchanter because tunare is clearly the best deity out there and it would allow the usage of the deity HE cultural chain (which is aesthetically pleasing // makes it more fun for me to play) but I ultimately want my illusions to work for entering cities and encompassing the full utility of the enchanter class.

Ive assumed if I intend to utilize my illusion for any real use other than aesthetics (which as noted from above are ALSO important) I need to be agnostic. :[

Oh well I guess there are worse things than not being able to dance naked under the treetops of kelethin singing to the goddess herself.

Faerie
03-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Innoruuk on a neutral class/race (warrior half elf, for example) won't push you into KoS territory with too many of the good cities. I'm pretty sure you can still hang out in Kelethin/Felwithe/Ak'Anon, but I remember Rivervale being KoS. Some places in Qeynos will hate you, and the high level human/half elves hanging out in the Karanas will hate you.

This might have changed though, as Arzak messed around with factions to make things more classic. My bertox gnome cleric is KoS in Rivervale but fine in elf cities.

Faerie
03-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Thank you all so much for the insight...

I was wanting to play a tunarean High Elf Enchanter because tunare is clearly the best deity out there and it would allow the usage of the deity HE cultural chain (which is aesthetically pleasing // makes it more fun for me to play) but I ultimately want my illusions to work for entering cities and encompassing the full utility of the enchanter class.

Ive assumed if I intend to utilize my illusion for any real use other than aesthetics (which as noted from above are ALSO important) I need to be agnostic. :[

Oh well I guess there are worse things than not being able to dance naked under the treetops of kelethin singing to the goddess herself.

Whoa. Stop right there.

Tunare deity is perfect for the enchanter class, don't listen to these crazy fefs. It won't impact your gaming experience much at all, and with everyone making their enchanter agnostic you'll actually be one of the cool kids that went against the grain and gave Mother Tunare the praise and admiration that She deserves.

My bard on live was Tunare, and I wasn't KoS in Neriak with dark elf mask. At least not with most of the city, some parts deep in there were KoS.

For enchanter class, the two biggest downsides to being Tunare will be difficulty completing the Stein quest, and trouble buying spells in Neriak. Which isn't a big deal at all, especially if you're on blue server. There are people in Neriak 24/7 that are more than happy to help you out with your spell purchases.

Worshipping the one true goddess isn't hard, but it is going to take a small amount of sacrifice on your part. That's a small price to pay for Tunare's undying love, honestly. Do the right thing.

deadlycupcakez
03-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Yay thank you for the support and encouraging nude Faerie! Done and made Tunarean as she should be!

Thulack
03-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Wood Elf warriors who follow Rallos Zek cant goto pally guild in kaladim :(. No bone chip quest for my alt lol.

Faerie
03-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Yay thank you for the support and encouraging nude Faerie! Done and made Tunarean as she should be!

Glad to have helped!

XDrake
03-27-2014, 06:36 PM
I follow an evil god (Cazic Thule) as a Erudite, but I am still good in most places. Was amused to see both Outpost and FV allowed me in with little trouble. Freeport didn't mind me. Oggok does, but Grobb didn't.