PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Wolf Form Factions

drplump
12-14-2009, 11:19 PM
None of the wolf form factions are in place. I know many animals such as werewolfs are not supposed to be KOS. Another few I recall from memory are Halas is KOS to wolfform and Brownies in lfay are supposed to not be KOS.

messiah_b
12-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Undead in unrest should be indifferent to wolf form as well.

Virgis
12-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Most of the non-race illusion/form factions were removed by Sony in 2003, I believe. None of the enchanter elemental illusions cause me to be attacked by freeport guards like they used to, and Earth Elem does not change my faction with the Brownie Village a bit like it used to, for example. Illusion: Skeleton used to make indif to basic skellies, which it no longer does, either.
Unsure if any of this is addressable, just what I've gleaned from pouring over older Alla posts and Therunes.net.

Wenai
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Illusions as a whole are kind of messed up but I don't know how to fix them, and I am also not sure the way I think they are supposed to work.

Basically for faction we filled out a spreadsheet and then imported that data into the db. The thing is that Illusions are not following the values outlined in the spreadsheet that we created. (Example: I tested Iksar illusion during the beta and conned Amiably I beleive to Freeport guards. This means that it is obviously not pulling the -1500 value that makes iksars deeply KOS.) Not exactly sure how to go about fixing/changing this.

Takshaka
12-17-2009, 01:21 PM
For these things do you guys use the same base eqemu code as other servers? or have you written special code for stuff like this?

I ask only as people who are interested in helping out could easily get the EQemu code and look at that. If you are using special code not available in the EQemu code repository then people would have to ask for permission to look at the code, correct?

guineapig
12-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Is the cause of the illusion faction issues the same as the issues with the Alliance/Benevolence line?

Or is there a fix in the works for that one?

Malrubius
12-17-2009, 03:36 PM
This is a biggie for chanters. I am holding off on playing mine for now - illusions and faction are giant piece of the chanter skillset.

fwiw - here is an overview of how it worked in classic (still accurate today), along with the numbers...
http://www.therunes.net/faction.htm

guineapig
01-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Bump:

Is this why Illusion: Spirit Wolf still isn't enough to let me purchase spells from the brownies?

Can anyone give me a hint as to how they are purchasing these spells? Is there a trick of some sort? A druid illusion?

Jete
01-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Guin, maybe someone can charm one for you and you buy... I dont know how difficult that is.. but its a suggestion.

guineapig
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Guin, maybe someone can charm one for you and you buy... I dont know how difficult that is.. but its a suggestion.

Maybe that's the only way? I know people have been able to purchase from them before.

Anyone want to give the rest of us a hint? (It's not a spoiler if the proper ways to do it are all broken).

Scrooge
01-20-2010, 06:24 PM
It's like Jete said.

aresprophet
01-22-2010, 11:49 PM
There's another way.

guineapig
01-23-2010, 03:40 PM
There's another way.

Is this like a big secret or something?

The way it's supposed to work doesn't so unless it's an exploit I don't see why you shouldn't share with the community.

Secrets
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
It's fixed regardless now on the test server.

Bigcountry23
01-25-2010, 06:22 PM
I seem to remember being able to purchase from them in wolf form on my halfling druid. I also may have just used the secret handshake (get behind, hit sneak untill you con indif, then buy).

Secrets
01-25-2010, 11:42 PM
I seem to remember being able to purchase from them in wolf form on my halfling druid. I also may have just used the secret handshake (get behind, hit sneak untill you con indif, then buy).

Yeah, wolf form and enchanter illusions are getting a fix soon, I just coded it ;p

Nilbog and I just debugged the code on the test server, it works great. We had our wolf form selves running around unrest indifferently, was pretty great, except for the 2 issues I missed which I fixed ;D

nilbog
01-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Illusions being fixed is big news. Hope you guys enjoy.

/thank Secrets

Virgis
01-26-2010, 12:14 AM
/prostrate Secrets

Malrubius
01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I think I love you Secrets. Does the illusion fix include a fix to the Alliance spell line?

guineapig
01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Thank you so much Secrets and Nilbog!!!

We are very happy indeed!

aresprophet
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Is this like a big secret or something?

The way it's supposed to work doesn't so unless it's an exploit I don't see why you shouldn't share with the community.

It's not an exploit.

Besides illusions, what's the other way to get a dubious vendor to sell to you?

The Situation
01-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Secrets is pretty awesome.

drplump
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Is this in or is it next server restart? Faction doesn't change for oggok in Form of the Great Wolf.

From Alla post about faction:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=9
2B Team up with a friendly druid. Invis; zone into Oggok. Have your druid friend cast wolf form on you.

guineapig
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
It's not an exploit.

Well, other options include possibly charming the vendor? But I don't think that would work. Alliance spells should also work, but they are broken.
If this was a quest NPC that I need to hand anitem to the invis trick might work if there was somebody with me, however since this is a merchant that I need to interact with invis is not an option.

If you know the answer, I would love to hear it. It shouldn't be a secret. All the known methods that I would have used by myself as an enchanter are broken.

As an enchanter I shouldn't need another person tagging along with me in order to communicate with NPCs, that's what chanters do on their own.

Ghesta
02-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Hiyas, i just wanted to mention wolf form still isn't working. I'm still kos to everything in unrest.

Rael
02-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Yep, still scowl in wolf form

Wessubba
03-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I would like to bump this issue so hopefully within the next few patches we can have this rectified.

Zasc
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
has this been resolved as of yet?

Zasc
05-02-2010, 11:59 PM
bump - does anyone know if this has been fixed?

does unrest still aggro in wolf form... anyone confirm?

Omnimorph
05-03-2010, 07:40 AM
It's not an exploit.

Sneak works behind the merchant.

Tallenn
05-03-2010, 05:09 PM
bump - does anyone know if this has been fixed?

does unrest still aggro in wolf form... anyone confirm?

Would like to know as well. I haven't checked unrest, but Oggok guards are still KOS to wolf.

Zasc
05-05-2010, 10:01 AM
undead are still threatening in unrest in wolf form.

Tudana
05-08-2010, 11:18 AM
being Dubious as a druid to the Brownie Merchants is not enough to buy from them.

Their comments about it are "I will not deal with one such as you"

I got this response in wolf form, greater wolf form, no illusion at all, and in tree form.

In all forms I am conning Dubious.

I have not tried sneak yet from behind.

Olorin
05-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I can confirm that sneak works, i used it to resupply when i was hunting in MM

Tallenn
05-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Sneak has worked all along. The issue is that in most places, wolf form does not seem to alter faction at all. Several places: unrest, Oggok guards (actually Ithink pretty much all guards, and lfay brownies at least, should /con as indifferent to wolf form. That is the way it was in classic from opening up until the day they nerfed it, making wolf form KOS to some guards (Barbarians and Firiona Vie guards in particular). Was still indiff in a lot of places after that though (the above mentioned for sure) for a long time after that (though eventually changed).

dali_lb
05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Problem is if its really good for the game exp. that It's too easy to get able to buy everywhere or do quests in places your normally hated.

I know the screwed even enchanters too later on, but It propably werent there intentions that people should be able to safe pull in places like Unrest or PoH in wolfform. I remember some very hard wipes in Poh when we discoverd you couldn't single pull anymore in wolfform :p

Zephys
05-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Wow, illusions dont offer faction changes?

That's a big deal. Haha.

Malrubius
05-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Wow, illusions dont offer faction changes?

That's a big deal. Haha.

Illusions do affect faction. Not sure where you got this idea.

Wolfform appears to be the only one (out of many) with an issue.

Zephys
05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Illusions as a whole are kind of messed up but I don't know how to fix them, and I am also not sure the way I think they are supposed to work.

Basically for faction we filled out a spreadsheet and then imported that data into the db. The thing is that Illusions are not following the values outlined in the spreadsheet that we created. (Example: I tested Iksar illusion during the beta and conned Amiably I beleive to Freeport guards. This means that it is obviously not pulling the -1500 value that makes iksars deeply KOS.) Not exactly sure how to go about fixing/changing this.

This is what set me off. So it's just wolf form? Whew.

Malrubius
05-11-2010, 03:13 PM
This is what set me off. So it's just wolf form? Whew.

That was from last year. Secrets fixed most of those issues awhile ago.

Kainzo
05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, wolf form and enchanter illusions are getting a fix soon, I just coded it ;p

Nilbog and I just debugged the code on the test server, it works great. We had our wolf form selves running around unrest indifferently, was pretty great, except for the 2 issues I missed which I fixed ;D

I would assume that it has been fixed since the last post was 4 months ago, though who knows, I'm not a druid.

Malrubius
05-11-2010, 03:49 PM
A druid can correct me if I'm wrong (I play a chanter mostly) - but my understanding is that all illusions currently work fine *except* wolf form.

Zasc
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Correct.

Wolf form does not affect faction at present. Unrest mobs still aggro.

Dersk
06-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Illusions do affect faction. Not sure where you got this idea.

Wolfform appears to be the only one (out of many) with an issue.

Minor illusion is not raising faction with anything I've come across, and used to work on everything as far as I recall.

Daldaen
06-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Wolf form still not working in Unrest, any chance this is being worked on or has this been forgotten? Didn't work on brownies in LFay like it used to either :/

Nagash
12-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Edited: didn't see this was in the resolved issues forum although it still doesn't look resolved. I will post in the bug forum.

Nagash/Petitpas