PDA

View Full Version : NPC Charm Priority

Vandy
03-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Seems that Charming NPCs that should have the ability to cast Charm do not. Possibly due to the priority of the spell or other AI mechanisms.

I couldn't get a single Siren to cast a charm spell on me. These are the spells that were cast from Enticers, Seductresses, Enchantresses:

You resist the Suffocate spell!
You resist the Curse of the Simple Mind spell!
You resist the Strip Enchantment spell!
You resist the Tepid Deeds spell!
You resist the Immobilize spell!
You resist the Gravity Flux spell!
You resist the Anarchy spell!
You resist the Dementia spell!
You resist the Gasping Embrace spell!
You resist the Discordant Mind spell!
You resist the Shiftless Deeds spell!
You resist the Cripple spell!

P.S. also a post in server chat about the Enchanter NPCs in Mistmoore not charming either.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144088

Nastinate
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
From what i recall on live the sirens would spam tash and charm.. they were pretty hardcore.

bulbousaur
03-25-2014, 02:00 PM
The devs on live admitted that for years the enchanter mobs were able to charm player characters far above the level that they should have and they finally fixed it. I recall being charmed by GREEN sirens and the frustration with something I should have resisted easily.

nilbog
03-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Pending update,

Enchanter class npcs will now actively charm players.

There are additional specifics that will be investigated. For example, I don't believe they are currently able to charm summoned PC pets. This should be possible, and they should keep them. Classically in live, if you lost control of a summoned pet to an npc, the npc retained it indefinitely.

Wrench
03-25-2014, 03:23 PM
There are additional specifics that will be investigated. For example, I don't believe they are currently able to charm summoned PC pets. This should be possible, and they should keep them. Classically in live, if you lost control of a summoned pet to an npc, the npc retained it indefinitely.

would this block them from casting charm again?

nilbog
03-25-2014, 04:36 PM
would this block them from casting charm again?

No, it should allow them to keep the pet until they have a new target to charm. At that point, if they landed charm on a new target, their charmed summoned pet would poof and be replaced with the new target. I think npcs considered charmed summon pets just a replacement for their own summoned pet, which could be replaced by another. That's the way I remember it working at least.

baalzy
03-25-2014, 05:35 PM
If an Enchanter mob had an Animation up, they wouldn't attempt to charm though.

Vandy
03-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Some interesting Charm mechanics talk in this thread in relation to charmed casters
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6107

edit: This was fairly early in the timeline so not sure if changes were made later down the line.