PDA

View Full Version : Feel good sunday

Zalaerian
03-24-2014, 08:16 AM
3 way PvP, slewn dragon. More PvP, more slewn dragons and then CT PvP to end the night. Awwww yiis

Thriving

Smedy
03-24-2014, 08:19 AM
can i get rundown on the pvp

who actually fought who

pop hitting 6, i think a wipe is imminent

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 08:21 AM
nilly az fight to start, nilly winning by a lot, az bind rushing hxc, red dawn ports in and claims the dragon while nilly/az grudge match continues

Awwalike
03-24-2014, 08:21 AM
many good pvp fights recently! pras RD for wolf forming on the spires that was p surprising.

pras RD on sev
pras Azrael on fay
pras Nilly on inny

Zalaerian
03-24-2014, 08:23 AM
RD waits for fireworks in ej. Ports in. Cleans up nihi and az near wizard portal. Az goes for nihi. Rd snipes sev

Smedy
03-24-2014, 08:29 AM
but what about ct

all of the other mobs were unimportant

also i piloted random wizard 003 for the sev fight, pretty sure azrael was beating the shit out of nihilum, atleast when i was mastering the buttons behind oppressor u kno

vouss
03-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Max claims bind rushing even though He died in two différent sets of gear on Maximiliien and on Miria lol

Zalaerian
03-24-2014, 08:34 AM
RD had 25 ish..Nihi came w 30. We threw down but us peasents went down in a blaze of glory

Smedy
03-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Max claims bind rushing even though He died in two différent sets of gear on Maximiliien and on Miria lol

yaw his dum levels are beyond to even comment or read anymore, who gives 3 fucks what he posts

Smedy
03-24-2014, 08:48 AM
RD had 25 ish..Nihi came w 30. We threw down but us peasents went down in a blaze of glory

you're telling me 25 red dawn beat 30 nihilum for CT? i refuse to believe this if its true nihi really in trouble when the big duke is banned but my six sense tells me the jew probably worked out some deal

Smedy
03-24-2014, 08:48 AM

i just realized you posted there was pvp for ct, my reading comprehension failed, sry

Nocsucow
03-24-2014, 08:49 AM
So is the duke banned?

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Why ya'll mad ? You have a guild bind in field of bone, would be dumb to not bind rush. Trying to deny it b/c you lost the mob and the pvp despite it maybe?

Zoolander
03-24-2014, 09:25 AM
the duke is dead, long live the duke

Silent
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
You know the best part of it was that our wizard accidentally evac'd us while we were still doing loot/buffs, Somehow porting in ontop of ~20ish people no one managed to die before an evac safely got off in time catching everyone. But not before people took off and ported to save us, Turns out by time we got to KC and re-evac'd we turned the tide of the battle some. But I dunno as soon as Azrael started heading to EJ TT ZL for the 2nd time I saw em all coming at me, next thing I know a mez finally landed on me. then entire azrael raid stopped, and i see opressor and someone else casting. Then I hear sunstrike hit you, Draught hit you, dispelled, dispelled, dispelled, dispelled. backstabbed backstabbed. Thank god for partials otherwise I would have been instantly dead. Sunstrike for 487 pras jesus. I switched characters but I THINK the rough tally was about 32 azrael kills to 28 nihilum kills.

Though despite what people are saying, I think the azrael bound in FoB only a handful of them actually made it back to do anything. The rest were rezzed back in I am pretty sure so either way....Chasing bamzal into a tree for ~30 seconds was neat. I saw so many people calling out issues with their discs, like colgate saying he popped voiddance or something instead of innerflame I figured he just clicked wrong thing, then another person said they popped evasive instead of mighty strike. Go figure, didn't look at my hotkeys and bam go to duelist someone OH WAIT I JUST POPPED COUNTER ATTACK. GG

Most fun ive had on server in long time next to the seb fight for trak last week. Pras

LostCause
03-24-2014, 10:16 AM
pit reply

people actually read walls of text? just saying to much for my eyes

vouss
03-24-2014, 11:10 AM
So getting corps camped for three hours Is winning pvp thèse days? Lol

Kergan
03-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Day started with PVP in EJ after we got VS uncontested. All three guilds showed up, and Azrael and Nihilum went after each other. It was a good battle and Nihilum held the advantage after the initial skirmish, but Azrael regrouped quickly and eventually held EJ/TT. Shame neither Az or Nihilum got the dragon because one of us deserved it. The funniest part was Chopper /shout'ing that RD would side with whoever gave them the most pixels. Props to Az and Nihilum leadership for not giving into the demands, and although it worked out perfectly for RD it would be interesting if Az/Nihilum decided next time to take the 40-60 seconds required to remove RD from the equation before fighting for the profits.

Az sat on some Nihilum corpses for a 1-2 hours and the strategy for the most part paid off as they were able to engage and kill Fay literally as we rolled up on them in TD. This was a pretty decisive Nihilum PVP victory, although Azrael had dragon engagement going as we hit them initially and they won the PVE. Not trying to whine but we got hardcore f'd by the broken ass OT boat, thing was late and took like 10 minutes to get from the OT dock to the TD zone. Even 1 minute would have made a ton of difference.

I was pretty wiped out and didn't raid the rest of the evening so I'm not sure what happened after that.

TLDR:
VS goes to Nihilum uncontested
Sev goes to RD uncontested. Big fun PVP fight between Az/Nihilum initially won by Nihilum but eventually zone control went to Az.
Fay goes to Azrael uncontested (barely). Hell I'll call it contested as the mob was at about 20% when we rolled up. PVP skirmish won by Nihilum.

Very little shit talk for the most part, some good battles. It was a fun day and I'd like to thank all the Azrael and Nihilum that participated.

Someone else try to impartially fill in the rest. I'm trying my best not to spew propaganda. :)

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Day started with PVP in EJ after we got VS uncontested. All three guilds showed up, and Azrael and Nihilum went after each other. It was a good battle and Nihilum held the advantage after the initial skirmish, but Azrael regrouped quickly and eventually held EJ/TT. Shame neither Az or Nihilum got the dragon because one of us deserved it. The funniest part was Chopper /shout'ing that RD would side with whoever gave them the most pixels. Props to Az and Nihilum leadership for not giving into the demands, and although it worked out perfectly for RD it would be interesting if Az/Nihilum decided next time to take the 40-60 seconds required to remove RD from the equation before fighting for the profits.

Az sat on some Nihilum corpses for a 1-2 hours and the strategy for the most part paid off as they were able to engage and kill Fay literally as we rolled up on them in TD. This was a pretty decisive Nihilum PVP victory, although Azrael had dragon engagement going as we hit them initially and they won the PVE. Not trying to whine but we got hardcore f'd by the broken ass OT boat, thing was late and took like 10 minutes to get from the OT dock to the TD zone. Even 1 minute would have made a ton of difference.

I was pretty wiped out and didn't raid the rest of the evening so I'm not sure what happened after that.

TLDR:
VS goes to Nihilum uncontested
Sev goes to RD uncontested. Big fun PVP fight between Az/Nihilum initially won by Nihilum but eventually zone control went to Az.
Fay goes to Azrael uncontested (barely). Hell I'll call it contested as the mob was at about 20% when we rolled up. PVP skirmish won by Nihilum.

Very little shit talk for the most part, some good battles. It was a fun day and I'd like to thank all the Azrael and Nihilum that participated.

Someone else try to impartially fill in the rest. I'm trying my best not to spew propaganda. :)

We earned the dragon because we made the smart tactical play of sitting on the sidelines to wait to engage. You can be self righteous all you want and not accept offers of help, but in Velious when you're being continually wiped by Azrael on 15 minute dragon fights, we will see how far your self righteousness over a video game goes.

Zalaerian
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Day started with PVP in EJ after we got VS uncontested. All three guilds showed up, and Azrael and Nihilum went after each other. It was a good battle and Nihilum held the advantage after the initial skirmish, but Azrael regrouped quickly and eventually held EJ/TT. Shame neither Az or Nihilum got the dragon because one of us deserved it. The funniest part was Chopper /shout'ing that RD would side with whoever gave them the most pixels. Props to Az and Nihilum leadership for not giving into the demands, and although it worked out perfectly for RD it would be interesting if Az/Nihilum decided next time to take the 40-60 seconds required to remove RD from the equation before fighting

Looooooool

You know your rustling jimmies when people start thinking if allying against RD

quido
03-24-2014, 11:34 AM
lol

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM
I don't think anyone would dispute that Red Dawn has the highest number of underleveled and undergeared players, yet we continually show up to fight regardless. We got ass raped by the EXP bonus but we still come, and will continue to do so. I see nothing dishonorable in offering assistance to guilds seeking pixels in exchange for pixels. While right now it may be tempting to say "fuck red dawn", because you've been farming 700 trakanons and don't need the gear anyway, when you are in Velious and you have 100 members desperately seeking those pixels that are out of reach due to pvp, offers of assistance will be far more attractive. And if they're not? Who cares, we will still show up to PVP regardless, like we did @ CT, and will continue to do so.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
it worked out perfectly for RD

Your strategy worked, as I clearly stated. But you have to admit if either force went after you guys, you would have got nothing. So what's stopping Nihilum and Azrael from agreeing to wipe you guys out first before we battle for the dragon? I think it's safe to assume at this point we'd rather see loot go to RD than Azrael, and Azrael would rather see loot go to RD than Nihilum, so I think your move was good strategically. I just don't know how long both sides will let you continue doing it.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Your strategy worked, as I clearly stated. But you have to admit if either force went after you guys, you would have got nothing. So what's stopping Nihilum and Azrael from agreeing to wipe you guys out first before we battle for the dragon? I think it's safe to assume at this point we'd rather see loot go to RD than Azrael, and Azrael would rather see loot go to RD than Nihilum, so I think your move was good strategically. I just don't know how long both sides will let you continue doing it.

Because what's to stop Red Dawn and Azrael from going after Nihilum to deny you loot and then us fight it out? Or Nihilum and RD to kill AZ and then fight it out? I could turn the scenario a variety of ways also. We can easily also wait to port into any fight until it's already under way. At the end of the day EverQuest is a game about pixels. Right now both guilds, Nihilum & Azrael, are basically BiS Kunark outside of VP, so these fights are primarily for pvp bragging rights only. In Velious, these mobs will all be dropping needed upgrades. Shrug.

Nirgon
03-24-2014, 11:39 AM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2akmbsi.jpg

You think ya'll cute puttin' this in ya'll's sigs?

Kergan
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM
People throw around the word alliance way too easily. Azrael and Nihilum go after each other with borderline irrational levels of disdain. There is and will never be any form of alliance, what fun would that be?

99% of my guild would disagree with me here, but I honestly would have rather seen Azrael get the dragon over RD. Ideally (for us) we'd have taken out Sev while Azrael recovered from the initial loss and before they regrouped and forced us out. The PVP seems somewhat hollow to me when we're fighting over something and neither of us gets it because we let a third group walk up and take it uncontested. We don't need jack shit from that dragon, that isn't the point. I don't know if Azrael even needs anything from that dragon but I doubt it.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 11:43 AM
People throw around the word alliance way too easily. Azrael and Nihilum go after each other with borderline irrational levels of disdain. There is and will never be any form of alliance, what fun would that be?

99% of my guild would disagree with me here, but I honestly would have rather seen Azrael get the dragon over RD. Ideally (for us) we'd have taken out Sev while Azrael recovered from the initial loss and before they regrouped and forced us out. The PVP seems somewhat hollow to me when we're fighting over something and neither of us gets it because we let a third group walk up and take it uncontested. We don't need jack shit from that dragon, that isn't the point. I don't know if Azrael even needs anything from that dragon but I doubt it.

And that one sentence is why people vehemently hate Nihilum on this server. They farm dragons they don't need to deny fun and progression to other people on this server which in turn, moves people to either app nihilum or quit the game, and they do it in the name of "pvp" when in effect doing so really just kills competition. They would log on @ 4am to kill a Talendor so someone doesn't get an orb of tishan, rather than let other people have fun and go for it. Shrug.

Nirgon
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM
I blame the guy awarding full DKP for continuing to show up to said not needed dragon.

But hey, that's me.

And when he emerges from his tomb on Easter Sunday, ya'll're done.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Because what's to stop Red Dawn and Azrael from going after Nihilum to deny you loot and then us fight it out? Or Nihilum and RD to kill AZ and then fight it out? I could turn the scenario a variety of ways also. We can easily also wait to port into any fight until it's already under way. At the end of the day EverQuest is a game about pixels. Right now both guilds, Nihilum & Azrael, are basically BiS Kunark outside of VP, so these fights are primarily for pvp bragging rights only. In Velious, these mobs will all be dropping needed upgrades. Shrug.

I'd be disappointed if Azrael went that route. It just doesn't seem their style, with all the talk of PVP dominance. I think you're overestimating RDs potential impact. Neither guild needs your support, the only reason to pay for it is for the other side not to have it. If both sides decide not to pay for your services, then you're outta bullets man.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM
I'd be disappointed if Azrael went that route. It just doesn't seem their style, with all the talk of PVP dominance. I think you're overestimating RDs potential impact. Neither guild needs your support, the only reason to pay for it is for the other side not to have it. If both sides decide not to pay for your services, then you're outta bullets man.

I disagree, plus I think you aren't reading correctly.

1) We got Sev without any deals whatsoever. No "bullets" required.

2) Sim repops will mean RD will always be able to scoop up numerous targets.

3) 25 Red Dawn to either side basically guarantees victory over the other side. Again, right now neither side really cares over things like Sev because neither Nihilum nor Azrael need anything from Sev. But what if instead of Sev this was for Vulak`Aerr and it was 55 Nihilum and 30 Azrael. Do you think Azrael would turn down RD's help to take Vulak? What if it was 55 Azrael and 30 Nihilum for Vulak? You think Nihilum would just log off and say "oh well, another day I guess." Of course not. Now, out of principle on ForumQuest I'm sure you'll say "yes we would" but don't kid yourself. Just like if RD was in the pole position and we were outnumbered or in a situation we couldn't win, I would gladly accept help if it meant securing a dragon for my guild that I wouldn't otherwise win. It's because this is a video game, not real life, and I see zero shame in doing what is needed to win.

4) I think you're also underestimating how much people hate Nihilum. I think a lot of people would have zero issue with just killing Nihilum first then fighting it out Az vs RD, even if it meant RD would lose. Enough pressure from this over time would force Nihilum to rethink things.

At the end of the day, this is a game about pixels. Right now the top two guilds don't need them. When they do, and they start losing said pixels repeatedly [especially Nihilum], you'll see plenty of deal brokering. Heck, Nizzar was ready to split trak loot with just 4 members of Dentists to beat Azrael. To me, this is the fun of a 3 guild server. We will have some FFA royal rumbles, some deal making, some underhanded play etc. It's what makes the server exciting. Red Dawn is "neutral" and doesn't really care about politics of your elf guild vs the other elf guild. Perhaps if you approached the server the same way, it would be better as well.

tl;dr it's ez to claim fuck rd when u dont need the pixels

Kergan
03-24-2014, 11:58 AM
And that one sentence is why people vehemently hate Nihilum on this server. They farm dragons they don't need to deny fun and progression to other people on this server which in turn, moves people to either app nihilum or quit the game, and they do it in the name of "pvp" when in effect doing so really just kills competition. They would log on @ 4am to kill a Talendor so someone doesn't get an orb of tishan, rather than let other people have fun and go for it. Shrug.

There are literally hundreds of players on blue who will never see an end game raid but still enjoy themselves (and don't whine about it), what about playing on R99 entitles you to dragon loots?

You act like the crap drops from dragons like Talendor are useful to RD, but they aren't. The same stuff useful to you guys still has use to us, like the scales, bracers, COFs and shields. I have yet to see a dragon hero bracer go to the guild bank in 6 months of raiding. I've yet to see a dragon shield go to the bank either, let alone a CoF. Even RBBs are awarded most the time and those that make it to the bank are instantly purchased for alts. We have constant new recruits, the burn out factor is very high on this server. So please for a minute stop acting like we're just destroying all this shit. We need it as much as you do. The vast majority of rots/banked items fit into two categories. One is total garbage (spined dragon claws, etc). The other is VP weapons (keyed zone, hard key access). I don't see you advocating for us to just leave VP up for people because you know that's insane. The fact of the matter is Talendor drops more useful loots to us than any VP dragon not named Phara Dar/Druusk.

It's a big wall of text, but I'm just getting a little sick of you playing the little engine that could card. Like if RD crumbles the server will circle the drain. You're trying to use sympathy to get loot just like Nihilum and Azrael are trying to use force. Honestly between you and I, I was one of the more vocal supporters of RD within our ranks. I was warned but chose to wait and form my own opinion.

Opinion formed.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Red Dawn is "neutral" and doesn't really care about politics

Honestly, laughable. You pull more political shenanigans than the rest of the server combined. I don't blame you for it, you're doing what you have to do. But if you're hoping to whore your guild out for Vulak loots you're going to be pretty disappointed.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Actually, your analogy is awful, because blue has an enforced mob rotation which actually ensures everyone WILL see the end game. It also had variance and multiple guilds, which meant even during TMO dominance, it wasn't 100/0 on raid mobs. People would stick it out because they knew they still had a chance @ character progression, albeit a slower one.

Everything else you write is just lol. I played in the top guild on my server on Xegony. No one had the same drive to kill shit for minimal progression that exists on this server, or blue99 for that matter. Had you told us back then on Live to log on to cock block Talendor @ 4am from the Asian guild, people would have cracked up. No one would have cared. But here, it's a matter of life or death to get that RBB for your 17th alt. It's just a different mentality that I would argue is limited to p99 which seems to attract power gamers unseen in any other MMO.

Everything else you wrote is just blah. Newsflash, the server is already circling the drain, it's a pvp server with 80 people on it prime time, that very likely might be shut off soon. No one is using sympathy to get loot, we showed up and fought for dragons. Do I think the server would be worse off if RD went away? Absolutely. Do I think the same 50 /play committed people would log? Yup. RD has no impact on Nihilum, because core Nihilum members don't care if Velious is contested, if there's PVP or not, they just want to log into Velious, slay dragons to deck out their chars on a naked server, and then I guess retire and link their wiki magelo? Not sure tbqh. But for those of us genuinely interested in a fun exciting server, then yes, I would argue RD matters a great deal.

On live, uber guilds were incredibly selective with their members. People like Qazzaz / Devastation / Lokii / Maximillien, etc., etc., would never have gotten in. Reputation mattered. On red99 it doesn't. There's nothing "elite" about being in a top guild here. There's no loyalties, etc. When you made it into a top guild on live, it meant something, at least "something" within the context of a video game. You could be a top tier cleric but if you were a faggot, you weren't getting in. Being a faggot doesn't matter on Red99. I mean for crying out loud, Maximilien brags about craigslist bombing people on the forums, was perma banned, and he's a member of Nihilum. I could say the same about Azrael members as well. So cut the crap about "deserving" and "earning" and all this other stuff. P99 is a strange community with almost zero resemblance of what EQ actually was like. It's a numbers game pure and simple on a server with almost no pop.

Smedy
03-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Honestly, laughable. You pull more political shenanigans than the rest of the server combined.

Exactly what i though when i read that statement heh, spot on

Not that it's anything wrong with it, gotta do what u gotta do

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Honestly, laughable. You pull more political shenanigans than the rest of the server combined. I don't blame you for it, you're doing what you have to do. But if you're hoping to whore your guild out for Vulak loots you're going to be pretty disappointed.

Spoken like someone who joined the server two years in and hasn't seen the politics game 1000 times here. People who hate each other join guilds, ally, deguild reguild deguild reguild, ally kos ally kos, over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Literally no bridge is ever burnt on red99 if pixels are on the other side of it. I appreciate your desire to be "principled" or something over a video game, but I assure you that ethics and what not have no sway over red99.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Maybe if we just renamed Nihilum every time we hit 51% turnover in the regular raid force we could dispense with this "farming shit for your 17th alt" nonsense. You've stated in several posts how hardly anyone that was in Nihilum in the early days is still around. Aside from a core group of about 5-10 people the rest is in constant churn. We have guild officers who haven't even been around on the server for a year.

And if my blue analogy was bad, your live analogy was worse. I don't remember any live servers stuck on Kunark for two years, knowing there was one single expansion left. Had you known in your top guild on Xegony that the dragon dropped BiS items that they'll never replace you'd be up at 4AM killing that shit. Or if you wouldn't, someone would and you wouldn't be the top guild anymore.

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Maybe if we just renamed Nihilum every time we hit 51% turnover in the regular raid force we could dispense with this "farming shit for your 17th alt" nonsense. You've stated in several posts how hardly anyone that was in Nihilum in the early days is still around. Aside from a core group of about 5-10 people the rest is in constant churn. We have guild officers who haven't even been around on the server for a year.

And if my blue analogy was bad, your live analogy was worse. I don't remember any live servers stuck on Kunark for two years, knowing there was one single expansion left. Had you known in your top guild on Xegony that the dragon dropped BiS items that they'll never replace you'd be up at 4AM killing that shit. Or if you wouldn't, someone would and you wouldn't be the top guild anymore.

God damn this guy blows.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Spoken like someone who joined the server two years in and hasn't seen the politics game 1000 times here. People who hate each other join guilds, ally, deguild reguild deguild reguild, ally kos ally kos, over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Literally no bridge is ever burnt on red99 if pixels are on the other side of it. I appreciate your desire to be "principled" or something over a video game, but I assure you that ethics and what not have no sway over red99.

It has nothing at all to do with ethics. Like I stated before, I was one of the few people supporting the arrangement with RD. I thought it would be good for the server to have a casual raiding guild as an entry point into the end game. I still think that would be a good thing, I just don't believe RD is that guild anymore. I hope RD is able to stick around and grow and contest, but my belief is at some point both Nihilum and Azrael will decide it's in their best interest not to "hire" you guys. I could be completely wrong, time will tell. All I know is I've had a lot of fun in these recent PVP battles and those go away if it goes from 30v30 to 30v60 because RD is on one side or another. 30v30v30 sound a lot better to me.

hagard
03-24-2014, 12:32 PM
God damn this guy blows men.

couldn't agree more

Colgate
03-24-2014, 12:35 PM
You know the best part of it was that our wizard accidentally evac'd us while we were still doing loot/buffs, Somehow porting in ontop of ~20ish people no one managed to die before an evac safely got off in time catching everyone. But not before people took off and ported to save us, Turns out by time we got to KC and re-evac'd we turned the tide of the battle some. But I dunno as soon as Azrael started heading to EJ TT ZL for the 2nd time I saw em all coming at me, next thing I know a mez finally landed on me. then entire azrael raid stopped, and i see opressor and someone else casting. Then I hear sunstrike hit you, Draught hit you, dispelled, dispelled, dispelled, dispelled. backstabbed backstabbed. Thank god for partials otherwise I would have been instantly dead. Sunstrike for 487 pras jesus. I switched characters but I THINK the rough tally was about 32 azrael kills to 28 nihilum kills.

Though despite what people are saying, I think the azrael bound in FoB only a handful of them actually made it back to do anything. The rest were rezzed back in I am pretty sure so either way....Chasing bamzal into a tree for ~30 seconds was neat. I saw so many people calling out issues with their discs, like colgate saying he popped voiddance or something instead of innerflame I figured he just clicked wrong thing, then another person said they popped evasive instead of mighty strike. Go figure, didn't look at my hotkeys and bam go to duelist someone OH WAIT I JUST POPPED COUNTER ATTACK. GG

Most fun ive had on server in long time next to the seb fight for trak last week. Pras

yeah lot of peoples' discs were fucked up, maybe some ninja patch they did or something?

i went to press my voiddance hotkey when 30 man nilly assist train was on me, turns out it was somehow replaced with thunderkick, promptly died 10 seconds later

Kergan
Well you can't really blow a chick can you?

Kergan
yeah lot of peoples' discs were fucked up, maybe some ninja patch they did or something?

i went to press my voiddance hotkey when 30 man nilly assist train was on me, turns out it was somehow replaced with thunderkick, promptly died 10 seconds later

Elderan mentioned the same thing, that the disc's got moved all around.

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Elderan mentioned the same thing, that the disc's got moved all around.

Confirmed mine did too.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 12:40 PM
It has nothing at all to do with ethics. Like I stated before, I was one of the few people supporting the arrangement with RD. I thought it would be good for the server to have a casual raiding guild as an entry point into the end game. I still think that would be a good thing, I just don't believe RD is that guild anymore. I hope RD is able to stick around and grow and contest, but my belief is at some point both Nihilum and Azrael will decide it's in their best interest not to "hire" you guys. I could be completely wrong, time will tell. All I know is I've had a lot of fun in these recent PVP battles and those go away if it goes from 30v30 to 30v60 because RD is on one side or another. 30v30v30 sound a lot better to me.

I think everyone would agree 30v30v30 is the most fun. But, I also suspect that Nihilum's numbers will swarm to 80+ in Velious, whereas Azrael and RD are probably capped @ around 30ish each, which will force those two guilds to work with each other in some capacity in Velious to contest, or to kill the dragon together. I could also see scenarios where because it's so easy to wipe a guild engaging a dragon in Velious, that the guild requests PVP help to secure the mob. I don't think a permanent alliance would form, but I don't see why a guild wouldn't on occasion depending on the circumstances split some loot to win the day. I think we'll see a mix of three way FFA's and deals being brokered, depending on the mob and numbers. But maybe I'm completely wrong, but I'd bet good money that you'll see either many deals being made in Velious OR a merge of guilds / alliance. I just don't think the server can sustain 3 raiding guilds in Velious, without a significant population boost. Again, I think EVERYONE would rather it be three guilds all competing against one another. I just don't know if it will be viable in Velious. Time will tell.

Rushmore
03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
I don't think anyone would dispute that Red Dawn has the highest number of underleveled and undergeared players, yet we continually show up to fight regardless. We got ass raped by the EXP bonus but we still come, and will continue to do so. I see nothing dishonorable in offering assistance to guilds seeking pixels in exchange for pixels. While right now it may be tempting to say "fuck red dawn", because you've been farming 700 trakanons and don't need the gear anyway, when you are in Velious and you have 100 members desperately seeking those pixels that are out of reach due to pvp, offers of assistance will be far more attractive. And if they're not? Who cares, we will still show up to PVP regardless, like we did @ CT, and will continue to do so.

I'm cheering for RD keep up the good work! So far loving Azrael even though they are racist scum. Nihilium is a good choice for anyone as well! Server would be thriving x 10 today if it weren't for the bad decisions on XP bonus.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh what we could do with 300+ sustained population...

I think we'll see a bigger boost than anyone else, yes. Azrael has seen a big boost the last month or so, but I agree they are probably capped at 30-40. If exp is fixed RD might see a big bump too, at one point you guys had 60+ for some raids (albeit a lot of low levels).

But without anyone to recruit inertia is probably going to rule the day, unfortunately.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Oh what we could do with 300+ sustained population...

I think we'll see a bigger boost than anyone else, yes. Azrael has seen a big boost the last month or so, but I agree they are probably capped at 30-40. If exp is fixed RD might see a big bump too, at one point you guys had 60+ for some raids (albeit a lot of low levels).

But without anyone to recruit inertia is probably going to rule the day, unfortunately.

Which is why you'll probably see some sort of deals brokered in Velious, because the clamored for three way will probably be no longer viable. Now whether it's a "let's ally to kill Nihilum than we fight each other for the mob" scenario, or a full on raid alliance, or a "fuck it let's just grief Nihilum" approach, I don't know. But that would be my honest hunch for Velious currently since I fully expect you guys to have close to 100 people, and I'm fully aware that it takes 50ish people to slay big dragons with correct class composition. Though I hope that instead there's a massive pop surge with blue copies/transfers and that all three guilds are completely viable on their own in Velious, and perhaps even four or five! One can dream.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Derubael seems to think we'll have people coming here in droves soon. :)

I hope they have a rabbit up their sleeve man. Getting people to try is one thing, getting people to stay is another thing entirely.

daasgoot
03-24-2014, 12:52 PM
I want to be a part of this PVP action so bad.

Staff plz giff back exp plz.

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Derubael seems to think we'll have people coming here in droves soon. :)

I hope they have a rabbit up their sleeve man. Getting people to try is one thing, getting people to stay is another thing entirely.

Blue copies, only way I think they will get pop up and inject new blood. I wish they would just wipe it.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 01:01 PM
I would never support a wipe. Too many people with too much time invested to just wipe it out. A soft restart maybe with teams, new server everyone levels up equally then an eventual merge.

Azure
03-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Well you can't really blow a chick can you?

yes you can :)

daasgoot
03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
If they implemented blue copies i would copy over to Red in a heartbeat.

Elderan
03-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Let me sum this up..

Nihilum - VS, CT, Draco, Inno, PD, Siverwing
Red Dawn - Sev
Azrael - Fay

Thanks to Azrael training us in VP we could not finish it up.

HippoNipple
If they implemented blue copies i would copy over to Red in a heartbeat.

If this happened there would literally be 0 activity levels 1-59. If they do allow this, which I am not against, they better include a fat exp bonus for players that actually play on this god forsaken server.

Azure
IMO blue copies would be nice. With or without items at this point.

Tassador
03-24-2014, 01:19 PM
You really think time on eq could be considered time invested in any real life argument with a sane body? I feel so bad for the staff I stopped praying for you all. I now pray for them.

LostCause
03-24-2014, 01:22 PM
You really think time on eq could be considered time invested in any real life argument with a sane body? I feel so bad for the staff I stopped praying for you all. I now pray for them.

Zalaerian
03-24-2014, 01:25 PM
All bickering aside, 3 way competition is fun and adds another element to pvp . When we zoned into ej, we ran up to the ruins next to the stairs and started setting up camp there. We expected Az to be at fob line and nihi at TT. All sides were on edge not knowing what the other 2 were going to do. Was great

daasgoot
03-24-2014, 01:27 PM
If this happened there would literally be 0 activity levels 1-59. If they do allow this, which I am not against, they better include a fat exp bonus for players that actually play on this god forsaken server.

I see what you're saying, although i would bet more than just level 60's would transfer.

I have only been on project1999 for 2 months. Started on blue because that's where my RL buddies were... They don't play much, and PVP has always been where i wanted to be. My bard is only lvl 42, and that's the character i would transfer to RED.

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 01:41 PM
I see what you're saying, although i would bet more than just level 60's would transfer.

I have only been on project1999 for 2 months. Started on blue because that's where my RL buddies were... They don't play much, and PVP has always been where i wanted to be. My bard is only lvl 42, and that's the character i would transfer to RED.

A bard is fine because they can level by themselves and it isn't too painful.

If any melee other than bard joined the server at level 42 they would quit within a couple log ins.

mikemandella
03-24-2014, 04:18 PM
]Which is why you'll probably see some sort of deals brokered in Velious[/B], because the clamored for three way will probably be no longer viable. Now whether it's a "let's ally to kill Nihilum than we fight each other for the mob" scenario, or a full on raid alliance, or a "fuck it let's just grief Nihilum" approach, I don't know. But that would be my honest hunch for Velious currently since I fully expect you guys to have close to 100 people, and I'm fully aware that it takes 50ish people to slay big dragons with correct class composition. Though I hope that instead there's a massive pop surge with blue copies/transfers and that all three guilds are completely viable on their own in Velious, and perhaps even four or five! One can dream.

I can't speak for Lite or all of Azrael, but I get the feeling there is more dislike for you than Nizzar or Tune. Just sayin...

- Oppressor

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 04:21 PM
I can't speak for Lite or all of Azrael, but I get the feeling there is more dislike for you than Nizzar or Tune. Just sayin...

- Oppressor

Disgusting. Don't flake out on your true hatred.

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Careful saying things like that oppressor your fungis might go missing

vouss
03-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Keep focused oppresor. Heartbrands trickery is Childs play compared to what nihilum has done to this server

mikemandella
03-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Keep focused oppresor. Heartbrands trickery is Childs play compared to what nihilum has done to this server

I am focused pal... Just lot's going on ya know? The Duke may be gone forever.. I didn't realize how much I loved him till he is gone ya know? All those corpse camps trying to get my wizard in rags to 50. Wheelchair would grief me non-stop.. but in a way made the game worth playing..

- Oppressor

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Ya dunno, I'm not one of trickery tbh, I consider myself one of the nicest people on the box which has always been my downfall. 2 each their own tho.

lite
03-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Let me sum this up..

Nihilum - VS, CT, Draco, Inno, PD, Siverwing
Red Dawn - Sev
Azrael - Fay , Druushk , Xygoz , Talendor , Nagafen + most yellow text

Thanks to Azrael training us in VP we could not finish it up.

FTFY

PS VP Yellow Text should count double.

lite
03-24-2014, 11:57 PM
We expected Az to be at fob line and nihi at TT. All sides were on edge not knowing what the other 2 were going to do. Was great

RD and Nilly have a history of teaming up... Was a simple decision to go fuck up nilly as we had much bigger plans for the rest of the day.