PDA

View Full Version : New SK, old raider from luclin/pop era

Tsunami21k
03-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Hello P1999
I have been lurking these forums for a long while now. EQ was my first mmorpg. I'm here for the same reasons that many others are. I miss the old school risk of a real mmo. I miss the community, I've played about two hours so far and I've actually talked to more real people than I did in the last six months that I played wow.

I'm starting out completely fresh as dark elf sk, up to level 3 so far. I may reroll Iksar or ogre though. But if any low level characters want someone to kill spiders with shoot me a tell! No aggro spells yet obviously, but I've raid tanked (mostly off tanked) ToV, VT, Emp, planes. Plenty of experience pulling, sitting in corners waiting for Knight loot to drop (ToV era hahaha) and pulling kobolds to the corners of kc (on live)

I'm a grownup now with a family and responsibilities, but when I play I try to maximize my time being productive. I play late night est us time and would love some fun and capable group mates.

See yas in game!

Graysilk
03-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Hello Tsunami21k. My story is almost identical. EQ my first also, launch '99. I too miss old school risks and fun.
I joined in Feb. and barely have had time to play, but I hope to get into it on a more steady basis by the end of the month - mid April.
I'm in Neriak myself. I'm a slow leveler, having fun reliving all the old experiences.

lecompte
03-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the server, both of you. I'm smelling a mighty fine group forming up here.

Tsunami21k
03-24-2014, 04:19 PM
It does! Currently lvl 5 and rising. Won't be on much in the next few days but maybe we can hit up once or the zombies in nek together.
Had some help from a few friendly higher level players last night. Really makes the low level grind as an SK more bearable. Super cool community so far.

Dragonmist
03-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Welcome

Tsunami21k
03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Just an update, I've decided to ditch the dark elf SK and really punish myself to level an Iksar SK :-)

Name is Sheldyn

Wanted to thank Sylexis, and Pron, and Fleck, for helping a nooblet out with some coin and gear. Hopefully I can make it up someday, and I will definitely pay it forward when I'm in a position to do so. Thanks again!

littlebobby3
03-30-2014, 11:53 PM
Sweet welcome ... SK's are tough due to the xp pen but I hear they are great at high lvls. I myself have a 52 necro and wouldn't mind helping out hmu in game

Sliren

sanforce
03-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the server, and good choice on the Iksar SK! I just dinged 60 on my Iksar SK, it was a long journey but well worth it. I'll look ya up and see if there is anything I can do to help ease your initial no-gear grind.

Tsunami21k
03-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the server, and good choice on the Iksar SK! I just dinged 60 on my Iksar SK, it was a long journey but well worth it. I'll look ya up and see if there is anything I can do to help ease your initial no-gear grind.

Im really excited about playing an iksar. Love the lore, the ability to do the khukri quests etc.

I'm not doing bad at all on gear, I was given a set of banded at cost, a dark reaver for free, and a bit of coin over the past few days by generous higher level players. (This amazed me btw, because I never asked for anything! in other games you never see that. I can't wait to help lowbies out when I level up!!!)

Congrats on level 60 on your SK! I played a DE SK on live up to 65, and the class truly shines in the higher levels.