PDA

View Full Version : Necro solo 50+

littlebobby3
03-24-2014, 03:52 AM
I have looked at all the guides, went to all the places. Is there a decent place for a 51+ necro to solo at? Mind you I know root rotting is something we need to learn and stuff but I am most comfortable with fear kiting. BW the giants seem to have tons of hp, SF well I'm screwed if I pull a fairy. Just doesn't seem like there is a good place in kunark to go to. Right now I have been in OOT doing seafuries and that's decent for now. Still slow but safe and very rewarding. HHK I dislike the insanely close quarters but I can do it. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please be open minded and no flames :)

baalzy
03-24-2014, 07:32 PM
LOIO bloodgills will take you to 53. They start light bluing at 51 but enough of them are still dark blue and the speed you're able to kill them is insane. Paralyzing earth + splurt for 340 mana on each one. Send your pet in to finish them off (Don't think splurt quite kills them). Should be able to do 4 at a time while liching your mana. Occasionally hit one with Bond of Death to keep your HP up.

Was better back when I did it because the 49 pet can solo them so I'd just hit them with Engulfing Darkness when they were at 40% and then use pact of shadow on my pet while BoD'ing to keep my HP up but you should be able to root rot these guys non-stop still and use your pet to mop em up.

I then did BW from 53+, the giants are a bit easier at 53 with backstabbing pet but you just gotta get used to the fact that mobs will have a lot more HP now.

Uteunayr
03-24-2014, 08:43 PM
My recommendations can be found here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Uteunayr%27s_Necromancer_Soloing_and_Strategy_Guid e

littlebobby3
03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Uteunayr thanks I love your guide! And baalzy thanks as well I might try the gobs again ... I might have to make another trip to HHK and try again but I didn't like the tight quarters feel nor not using my pet. Only reason I been doing the seafuries was for some plat 2 days got about 5k so I enjoyed it. Manakin at 52 and I can't wait for it nor for my backstab pet

Uteunayr
03-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Uteunayr thanks I love your guide! And baalzy thanks as well I might try the gobs again ... I might have to make another trip to HHK and try again but I didn't like the tight quarters feel nor not using my pet. Only reason I been doing the seafuries was for some plat 2 days got about 5k so I enjoyed it. Manakin at 52 and I can't wait for it nor for my backstab pet

That's one of the big reasons for it. You should get comfortable with both close quarters soloing, and soloing without a pet, in which you, and you alone, are what maintains your survival.

Break out of the comfort zone, you'll be a better necromancer for it. :)

Potus
03-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Bloodgills are super easy because they have a whopping 1300 hitpoints. Darkness + one Ignite Bones is 51% of the mobs hp so you can let the pet do the rest of the damage.

littlebobby3
03-24-2014, 10:39 PM
And splurt is like almost 100% but I get what ya mean ... The downside is LOIO has a low ZEM. I'll try the HHK again but I think I'll have my pet out this time the first few times I thought I didn't need my pet but I guess he can be out to guard me from the green guard pats. The other reason why I didn't like close quarters fights or root rot was because I started live late(2001) so by the time I was 51+ PoP was out and I fear kited. Lol