PDA

View Full Version : Holgresh Elder Beads.

Fysts
03-23-2014, 10:09 PM
These seem way to rare, infact, After 12 hours of killing today, and 4 hours yesturday, and 3 hours the day before, I have yet to see 1 pair drop. On live they were found to drop atleast every 5-6 hours.

07-04-2001, 07:48 AM
I keep on seeing people ask again and again about Holgresh Elder beads, and Eye of Zomm. Here is my experience. Although not exhaustive, hopefully it's a start. This is from a monks perspective, and no other classes. Please anyone, if I say anything wrong here, or you have anything to add feel free to do so. I’m doing this from work (bored) so my memory may be a little stale.

WHAT ARE THEY:

There are a few items that cast Eye of Zomm, but the one I will concentrate on is the beads.

Holgresh Elder beads

Races: ALL - Classes: NEC WIZ MAG ENC (LORE)

Stats: AC: 0 - Wt: 0.2 - Slot: neck

Attributes: SV COLD+1 SV FIRE+1 SV MAGIC+1

Effect: Eye of Zomm

Comment: Found on a Holgresh Elder in the Wakening Land.

Even though they are only equipable by the above classes in the neck slot, the effect (Eye of Zomm) can be used from main inventory by ANY class !! Drop into inventory, right click and they cast !

Holgresh Elders are nasty little flying monkies in Wakening Lands, that are casters, have DS's and have friends ! A small group in their low 50’s will do well with these and it's possible to solo them in the later 50's if your careful (take Pumice!!). The beads are the rare drop off the Holgresh Elders. It takes most people 5-6 hours of killing elders to get a drop. People do sell them, but very rarely, and for around 1.5 - 2K from what I have seen. Some may be able to get them cheaper if the seller does not know the true potential worth of them to a monk !!.

Tuffpuppy
03-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Got mine 2nd kill first time running through the zone to get my key in Skyshrine. I know that's just random. However when camping them with friends it never took a long time.

Fysts
03-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Over 50 elders, no beads......

Spacebar
03-24-2014, 02:08 AM
I camped them on about 5-6 separate occasions. Sometimes just an hour, other times 4+ hours. All in all, I'd say I spent a good 15-20 hours or more. Either way, yesterday I logged on and saw one elder up and they dropped off of it.

Still need to transfer them to my monk, though. Hopefully beta lasts long enough for me to actually experience them, since I know when Velious goes live all of these people who were too busy for beta will come out of the woodwork and camps will be taken 24-7.

Fysts
03-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Not saying I do not believe you, but i was there 14 hours yesterday. So far another 2 today and counting. Maybe you were extremely lucky and got it right after I logged but point being, drop rate is way way to rare.

Erati
03-24-2014, 11:03 AM
what about the spawn %s of Elders in that cave?

it seemed every 2-3 rnds only 1 maybe 2 elders would show up

anyone experience/researched a better spawn chance of elders which could help w rarity of beads?

Ele
03-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Fysts, you really need to start including links to your sources if you want these changes to be looked into.

Fysts
03-24-2014, 03:12 PM
I did include a post stating that you would see a set every 5-6 hours. I finally had a set of these drop today after 4 hours, so in my experience it was 1 set for about 25 hours, sorry im not the most technical, i just try to post what I have experienced. Sorry I will try to do a better job from here on out.

Xadion
03-24-2014, 04:02 PM
They are indeed not meant to be rare- the comment section on ala etc should be good to judge the rarity from

Tuffpuppy
03-24-2014, 05:10 PM
When they were added to the game I doubt the devs thought they would be such a powerful item. I would get 1 elder bead for every 2 of the vizier beads or so.

Erati
03-24-2014, 05:42 PM
maybe they have a custom drop rate here to account for their power and eventual scarcity

Xadion
03-24-2014, 07:52 PM
It was not done like that for any other item of such utility and rarity such as pre nerf cos and doing so would start a trend to customized server rather than an attempt at getting as close to live as we can. Slippery sloap.

Nuggie
03-31-2014, 03:59 PM
There is already a post on this.