PDA

View Full Version : Great Divide Ports

Daldaen
03-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Should be level 44 until 6 months into Velious: http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

The Great Divide portal spells are now 39th level instead of 44th level.

kanras
05-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Uton
06-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Why is P99 trying to follow live timeline to the T? the point of p99 is to correct the major fuck up that happened with 25 expeansions and game ruining bullshit. If things make sense thats cool, but why must so many things be a duplicate of what SOE did?

6 months after velious? how about whenever it makes sense to... if immediately makes sense then cool, if never makes sense then thats cool too.

like target color for example, thats a handy thing to see what lvl your pet is to know if you need to resummon.

Sense heading... if i am a character with magic powers or w/e and i can see the sun come up in the east and down in the west, why the fuk does it take 20 attempts to know what direction im going in? Why does p99 have to copy that bullshit?

regarding pvp windows. if i am in a 45+ zone and a lvl 5 bard mule runs by, i should be able to kill and loot them. the windows should also scale with zone lvls, THAT is realistic.

nilbog
06-26-2014, 12:54 PM
A weapon when dropped will always point north. We replicated that behavior as well.

Thulack
06-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Why is P99 trying to follow live timeline to the T? the point of p99 is to correct the major fuck up that happened with 25 expeansions and game ruining bullshit. If things make sense thats cool, but why must so many things be a duplicate of what SOE did?

6 months after velious? how about whenever it makes sense to... if immediately makes sense then cool, if never makes sense then thats cool too.

like target color for example, thats a handy thing to see what lvl your pet is to know if you need to resummon.

Sense heading... if i am a character with magic powers or w/e and i can see the sun come up in the east and down in the west, why the fuk does it take 20 attempts to know what direction im going in? Why does p99 have to copy that bullshit?

regarding pvp windows. if i am in a 45+ zone and a lvl 5 bard mule runs by, i should be able to kill and loot them. the windows should also scale with zone lvls, THAT is realistic.

You're incorrect in what you think p99 is about that is your problem. p99 isnt about correcting mistakes. P99 is about recreating classic everquest period and that includes stupid spells or requirements that eq had during the classic timeline.

Ladytron
06-28-2014, 03:24 AM
A weapon when dropped will always point north. We replicated that behavior as well.

to the north, oh my goodness nilbog I love the work you guys do. however I also have the same question as obviously SOE came into issues and patched them as they would appear and noticed as bugs. if we now know the issues that they repaired as time went on why not fix them all now so theres not people taking advantage of those so called errors just because we want to stay on the same path and timeline as live

nilbog
06-28-2014, 10:13 AM
I don't consider them bugs. It's like.. rubicite dropping until soltemple was released. Had I preemptively 'fixed' it prior to that point, rubicite would have never dropped. This is just one example.

Buellen
06-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Uton and Ladytron

Nilbog has stated before and ill quote it again Nilbog : "I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."

Uton
07-02-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm not going to quit...

My point is that while being classic, this project has its own opportunity to make things in eq better. saying "issue X or Y wasn't fixed until 6 months after velious release" seems pretty stupid when its a known issue from 15 years ago.

For example, if this project ever opened Planes of Power (which I did enjoy alot) I would hope that Plane of Knowledge and those damn port books would be removed from p99 files. It was a game/port class ruiner.

Now that I can no longer see a light blue pet, (now green) I reclaim energy on a light blue (perfectly acceptable) pet because I no longer have the ability to know the strength of my own pet. Light blue was an IMPROVEMENT to classic. So in the effort to be more classic, the functionality of the game goes backwards?

Why not cunduct a community poll on border line issues like this? One Criteria for polling an idea:
Is it classic? Not really.
Does it positively impact the functionality of classic EQ without detrimentally effecting nostalgic eq? Yes.

Love the server and the tight community. Please keep it going. Considering that its a tight and microscopic community in the grand scheme, I think collaboration within this community should be a driving factor. Rather than simply saying "Verant did this 15 years ago so we will too".

this user was banned
07-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Fuck you, I want the full classic experience, bad shit and all. You're lucky they haven't found a way to force us to use the shitty old UI, stare blindly at our spell book to meditate, and implement night blindness (I want this one added in so bad)

Thanks for all your hard work Devs!

Knots
07-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Why not cunduct a community poll on border line issues like this?

You're still missing the point. P99 isn't a community project, its Nilbog's project that he lets people play on.