PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: CPU Slowdown - Back with patch

Dalomar
03-23-2014, 07:55 PM
The CPU Slowdown issue that makes the game basically unplayable (even just /camping takes about 100 seconds instead of 30) was not happening at all up until this morning after the patch.

On the plus side jumping off of EC tunnel entrance gets me about 10 seconds of air!

I have played a few months with no problem and no changes to pc before/after patch. Although I believe this is more of a game issue than P99 side. Anyways:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300

In case anyone else is suddenly experiencing the same problem wanted to put this up.

baloen
03-23-2014, 08:04 PM
When you get weird timing issues, I always suspect multi core CPU issues. Have you tried adjusting the affinity for EQ to only use one core?

You can adjust it buy opening your task manager, right clicking on the eqgame.exe process and choosing "Set Affinity" and then uncheck the 2nd core.

May or may not be the problem, but well worth eliminating as a culprit.

Dalomar
03-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Hi Baloen,

Thank you for the help, yeah I had tried the set affinity trick to no avail unfortunately.

I would just write it off, but I played all last night as well as the last two months with no problem, logged on a few hours later after patch and bam there it was.

If more people are having the problem, may be worth looking into for the team. If not, sucks to be me!