PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Faerie
03-23-2014, 11:57 AM
I know not to expect a response from Rogean, so this is for the GMs again. Sorry to bother you so much, but I'm sure you understand.

1. How exactly are pvp-specific dev decisions made, and implemented? The various devs seems to have distinctively different roles in this process, so maybe if you could walk us through the process from ideas phase to implementation that would help us better understand. Who makes the various decisions, like changing rates, and who is the person that has to actually make the changes?

2. Can we get an official word on why we're now "preferred" status? It's Rogean's (or Nilbog's? how does this work?) server and he can do what he pleases with it, but it would be nice just to get a single sentence expressing the reason here.

3. nm xp fixed

4. Heartbrand is telling us that we're rumored to be moved to blue after they've had 3 months of Velious. This is crazy, right?

Thank you

Tecmos Deception
03-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Deru's sig says I should have faith, and dark blues are giving me 2% of 51 a pop.

I'm content with that!

Squire
03-23-2014, 12:05 PM
I know not to expect a response from Rogean, so this is for the GMs again. Sorry to bother you so much, but I'm sure you understand.

1. How exactly are pvp-specific dev decisions made, and implemented? The various devs seems to have distinctively different roles in this process, so maybe if you could walk us through the process from ideas phase to implementation that would help us better understand. Who makes the various decisions, like changing rates, and who is the person that has to actually make the changes?

2. Can we get an official word on why we're now "preferred" status? It's Rogean's (or Nilbog's? how does this work?) server and he can do what he pleases with it, but it would be nice just to get a single sentence expressing the reason here.

3. What's up with the most recent xp change? Does this mean that because everyone is so focued on Velious that the devs don't have time just yet to implement the super secret population++ plan?

Thank you

1. idk

2. See this: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144132

3. XP seems good.

Swish
03-23-2014, 12:17 PM
3. XP seems good.

Bone successfully thrown.

http://i.imgur.com/tEGw0iD.jpg

Faerie
03-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Be wary, friends; and always be sure to check /who constantly. You never can be too sure what's lying in wait just ahead.

Squire
03-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Be wary, friends; and always be sure to check /who constantly. You never can be too sure what's lying in wait just ahead.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/wat-png.94437/

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
go away

Clark
03-24-2014, 06:08 AM
Bone successfully thrown.

http://i.imgur.com/tEGw0iD.jpg

:cool:

Tassador
03-24-2014, 07:13 AM
Deru's sig says I should have faith, and dark blues are giving me 2% of 51 a pop.

I'm content with that!

Don't worry bro their so many exp groups going on right now. Also 50 mobs for one level I'd take that right now.

Azure
03-24-2014, 08:56 AM

3. nm xp fixed

4. Heartbrand is telling us that we're rumored to be moved to blue after they've had 3 months of Velious. This is crazy, right?

Thank you

Answers per what I have gathered via Sirken via livestream.

1. Sirken, Zade, and Ambrotos discuss changes and beg Rogean to implement them. Content changes happen via player submission thru ambrotos approval. Red server has it's very own player/content dev who rocks that shit hardcore. Rogean does not deal directly with the red server community (though he has posted once or twice here and during massive server outages, during the Sundawg event dropped us a thread)
2. They would have given it to us already if they wanted to. Naw. They are re-organizing multiple servers so R99 isn't the only one affected. Looks mostly organizational. Tin foil body armor unnecessary.
3. ... we need a lowbie pop, how the hell we do this?
4. heatbrand is better at making shit up than me

*I believe Alecta now implements actual changes/updates/fixes, but still must be blessed off on it by Rogean in order to do the work. And anything alecta does needs to be approved/turned on in game by Sirken/Ambrotos/Zade (EXP rates, resists)

**Alecta has been MIA for a bit, most likely helping with Velious. (Much needed IMO for both servers)

Kergan
03-24-2014, 11:29 AM
I seem to remember Alecta or some other staff member saying Alecta does nothing with Velious, to the point he doesn't even have access to the code to make changes. He is PVP ONLY, and nothing else.

I think he has just had a lot of real life stuff going on. Every update he makes people rejoice, but they are few and far between. But it's a volunteer job I guess.

Derubael
03-24-2014, 12:17 PM
1. How exactly are pvp-specific dev decisions made, and implemented? The various devs seems to have distinctively different roles in this process, so maybe if you could walk us through the process from ideas phase to implementation that would help us better understand. Who makes the various decisions, like changing rates?

Depends on the change. Usually its a collaboration between the CSR Staff interested in red (Sirken, Zade, myself), Nilbog, and Alecta. Nilbog and Rogean have ultimate veto power on any change.

Who is the person that has to actually make the changes?

Again, depends on the change. Most things that are specific to the PvP server only are done by Alecta. PvP specific content changes will usually be done by Nilbog. Depending on what the change effected, Rogean can implement it by either a server reset or a new patch file.

The concurrent population on Red 99 was not high enough to justify "Legend" status, and it would be unfair to show favortism in the server list to Red 99 just because it's Nilbog and Rogean's box.

3. nm xp fixed

Oops.

This is indeed crazy.

Thank you

You're welcome.

Faerie
03-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Thanks Deru, you're awesome :)

Sorry we're so mean to you guys all the time. It's because we love this place, is all. What's the cutoff point for Legends status? I'm sure we have more unique players than those other servers...

guess we need to work on bringing the population up.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 12:34 PM
I don't see how it shows favoritism to have the highest populated PVP server show up in legends. Maybe just make a 3rd section called PVP servers so we actually stand out in that crowd, might actually help pull in a player or two.

Squire
03-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Couple things to note in that regard...

All of the other legend servers, and frankly the Preferred servers too, have people 9 boxing.

Red had a 200+ pop (Which seems to be the arbitrary threshold for Legend status) at the time of the downgrade.

Faerie
03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm sure it doesn't matter, but somehow I feel less enthusiastic about playing here since the downgrade. It feels like Rogean hates us, and wants us to die out to save him some headache.

Squire
03-24-2014, 12:51 PM
^

Azure
03-24-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm p sure Alecta is working on verrious. Regardless of what the prior agreement was.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e1/e1bb2397fdfdaf5ab49a377cb9a823624b2a21195ab35f7bb9 a2f5eb33c60931.jpg

Sirken
03-24-2014, 01:42 PM

3. nm xp fixed

Thank you

1) we grab whatever staff member is up in our private rotation, blindfold them, and then have them throw 3 darts at our "idea board".

2) i personally dont understand what designates a server as gold status or green status. color blindness being investigated.

3) Hi!

4) i'll put a bullet through my head if they merge red into blue. but would it really be the craziest thing thats happened?

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 01:47 PM
1) we grab whatever staff member is up in our private rotation, blindfold them, and then have them throw 3 darts at our "idea board".

2) i personally dont understand what designates a server as gold status or green status. color blindness being investigated.

3) Hi!

4) i'll put a bullet through my head if they merge red into blue. but would it really be the craziest thing thats happened?

looking forward to this spreading paranoia through red players

Squire
03-24-2014, 01:47 PM
i'll put a bullet through my head if they merge red into blue. but would it really be the craziest thing thats happened?

since drumming up wild speculation is the name of the game lately, can we have that story behind the exp nerf's implementation now? i mean lets get crazy with it. go big or go home :D

JayN
03-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Pvp in EQ is stupid; if teams was smart they wouldnt waste funding on another pvp box.

Squire
03-24-2014, 01:52 PM
please reform your question in the form of faerie asking your question if you want GM response

lold. he/she/it does seem to magically get it.

Faerie
03-24-2014, 02:17 PM
lold. he/she/it does seem to magically get it.

http://i.imgur.com/8mNNQaC.jpg

Faerie
03-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Eat meat

Gross no.

Still need to get to the store so I can cook soup for you guys.

Faerie
03-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Caveman totally did gather berries.

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Caveman is an offensive term

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-at-night/files/2011/09/geico-caveman.jpg

Clark
03-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Caveman is an offensive term