PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: An Elf Skeleton

Daldaen
03-23-2014, 10:59 AM
An Elf Skeleton in Befallen, should have a respawn time of 6min, not its current 19min:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=146

Hits between 36-38, bashes for 8

Spawn time is 5 minutes 54 seconds (59 ticks). Has a PH of a dread bone. The elf skeleton spawns about twice as much as the PH does, so chances are you'll get the elf more often than not.

Approx. drop rates after 21 kills:
Mallet Head - 25%
Mallet Hilt - 20%

it is still 6minutes(or less) he has a PH either a dread skelle or a putrid, but i killed him 4times in less than an hour

Be warned, if you want to do this quest, that you have to kill Cmdr Windstream, which was red to me (lvl 23 at that time) and blue to a 34 rogue.
That would make him level 26 or 27, certainly not 24-25, as it is said in the bestiary.
( http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3514 )

Getting the other stuffs are ok for lvl 20+ ppl, and you could solo everything at 23, maybe less if you are a paladin or a cleric.
I was very lucky to have the two Mallet parts from just two elf skeletons, that spawned in 5 minutes. :)
I then made a DE Necro puppet for getting the note from Gix, bring him to Befallen, logged my main to clean the road to Lrodd, log again my puppet, handled the note to Lrodd and finally logged back my main character to finally see on track (Ranger) that I couldn't kill Cmdr Windstream.
I was lucky to find two ladies from a nice guild (/hug *Knights of the Griffin* of Drinal) who killed that mean zombie for me.

All in all, it's not an easy task and I am not sure the reward is appropriate for the pain.
Maybe in PvP or if you want to resist those painful "fear2" casted by every single necro in Befallen.
I will also try again some evil eyes with this mallet on, just to see if they can waste me again.
(I hate Evil Eyes ;) ).

I think the first quote is all the info you need to change the spawn time and drop rates if needed.

nilbog
03-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Fixed, pending update.