03-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Is dis tru?

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 10:19 AM
reports in guild saying so. havent tested it out much myself

Swish
03-23-2014, 10:31 AM
They'd announce it...wouldn't they?

Maybe that's the "big changes coming to red"... they're putting it back in ;)

dethbringre
03-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Playing on my lvl 6 Troll SK, I can confirm that the EXP is back, pras

Lojik
03-23-2014, 10:44 AM
400% bonus in honor of the toons who are no longer with us.

dethbringre
03-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Yeah I dunno how much the bonus is but its quite nice.

Squire
03-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Confirmed, its back in.

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 11:03 AM
another change for the cry babies

Azure
03-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Glad u guyz got it back. Even though it's not classic. Clearly box needs it and this is the way it has to be.

mostbitter
03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Good work Squire. I think your detective work is what did it.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Hmm, I wonder why. Anyone test for group xp?

Squire
03-23-2014, 11:23 AM
I do what I can.

Infectious
03-23-2014, 11:24 AM
I quit my damn troll sk and now this shit... PRAS MOTHERFUCKERS!!

Tassador
03-23-2014, 12:00 PM
I quit my damn troll sk and now this shit... PRAS MOTHERFUCKERS!!

Can I have your ebon mace fucker? I am lvl 45 :///

Doors
03-23-2014, 12:15 PM
not classic

Neither is the server pop

Thanks devs

Squire
03-23-2014, 12:17 PM
What is odd is how zealously it was stated that this was non-negotiable, exp was not coming back, stop asking for it because its gone. Then it returns as mysteriously as when it left. So, somebody flipped the switch back on without consulting or overstepping at the very least, Deru, who was the principal maker of such statements.

mostbitter
03-23-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm scared as fuck to say what I really think.

Squire
03-23-2014, 12:23 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9eae951ac89d703ad97c0467d9d0b50a/tumblr_myayp8jY9O1shzr6lo1_500.jpg

mrproudbeard
03-23-2014, 12:46 PM
If it's on it's another accidental 'oops something got checked in incorrectly' error is my guess.

Not_Kazowi
03-23-2014, 12:48 PM
It needed to be put back in until they setup the xp group bonus. Everyone stop crying about it and play the game.

Anything that = higher pop is a great thing

Tecmos Deception
03-23-2014, 12:59 PM

I had a "only half-way tinfoil-hat hypothesis" that turning off the bonus for a while kept anyone on the fence from starting and chased off some of the lower-level players that were here. Now turning the bonus back on MIGHT cause a fairly significant number of lower-level players to start/return at the same time... kind of giving the lower-level community they wanted?

Faerie
03-23-2014, 01:02 PM
It will sting all the more when they remove it again. Unless they don't intend to remove it again, which is bad news in itself because of what it means for server longevity.

Not_Kazowi
03-23-2014, 01:06 PM
It will sting all the more when they remove it again. Unless they don't intend to remove it again, which is bad news in itself because of what it means for server longevity.

Look bro. This isn't eq live. We can't implement things that cut server pop at all. Removing xp bonus completely was a bad move. Even if it's removed and they just put group bonus in that's fine. But 0 bonus is just not going to fly.

All these people who like slow xp, feel free to suicide in game and not get a Rez every 20% you gain. That way you experience "classic" xp progression without causing the rest of us the same grief.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Look bro. This isn't eq live. We can't implement things that cut server pop at all. Removing xp bonus completely was a bad move. Even if it's removed and they just put group bonus in that's fine. But 0 bonus is just not going to fly.

All these people who like slow xp, feel free to suicide in game and not get a Rez every 20% you gain. That way you experience "classic" xp progression without causing the rest of us the same grief.

The devs giving in to player demands like this almost never leads to anything good. It may be a sign that they've given up on the server completely, and don't care anymore. That's what they seem to be expressing lately, with the server move away from Legends coupled with silence.

Hopefully it doesn't mean that. But in the case that it doesn't, I foresee a lot of whining in the future when group bonus goes in and solo xp is nerfed again. If they keep giving us what we complain for, we're only going to continue doing it. This will perpetuate the cycle of Rogean hate.

mostbitter
03-23-2014, 01:20 PM
In your opinion it was a better move to nerf exp, deny nerfing it, and watch pop plummet? maybe you should shut the fuck up and post on a forum for a game that you actually play.

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 01:20 PM
whole guild is logged on today, obv xp makes a difference wether its classic or not its a improvement for this box

Faerie
03-23-2014, 01:25 PM
In your opinion it was a better move to nerf exp, deny nerfing it, and watch pop plummet? maybe you should shut the fuck up and post on a forum for a game that you actually play.

A clear plan and a message generally consistent with developer action would go a long way, imo.

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 01:33 PM
I saw people log on today in red dawn that I hadn't seen in over a month. Anyone arguing for exp bonus to be nerfed again is arguing for pop to die again.

Squire
03-23-2014, 01:34 PM
people online, feeling good and positive, people i haven't seen in weeks prasing rogean and sirken in ooc

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 01:34 PM
I hate to agree with mostbitter twice in a month but

Thats good news, but personally i need something a little more solid, some kind of clear communication that they understand it was a mistake and wont happen again.

EQ needs a pop. Its very fun to play, if there is a pop. If theyre going to mess with pop like this again when pop hits 200, wtf. Its alot of time to invest and then suddenly, your game isnt fun anymore because youre playing on a dead box.

I know its like that for alot of games. You "invest time in it" and then you get bored and leave it. Im just saying server could be great for a long time with careful grooming, like a fragile plant, i just wish that for the server, that it stays fun for a long time.

A clear plan and a message generally consistent with developer action would go a long way, imo.

Its way better to know the devs can actually correct a mistake they make vs letting a mistake cripple the server because of not wanting to lose face and being consistent

Kergan
03-23-2014, 01:47 PM
The devs giving in to player demands like this almost never leads to anything good. It may be a sign that they've given up on the server completely, and don't care anymore. That's what they seem to be expressing lately, with the server move away from Legends coupled with silence.

Hopefully it doesn't mean that. But in the case that it doesn't, I foresee a lot of whining in the future when group bonus goes in and solo xp is nerfed again. If they keep giving us what we complain for, we're only going to continue doing it. This will perpetuate the cycle of Rogean hate.

Your posts probably went a long way to showing that the exp nerf was bad. When it's just a few forum trolls arguing for it pretty good indication it's a bad idea.

Humerox
03-23-2014, 01:48 PM
I could care less about the why. It's free and the xp is back.

Pras whoever the hell did it.

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Faerie is sort of our George Constanza for the server

You have to do the opposite of what shes saying, and generally its gonna work out great

I could care less about the why. It's free and the xp is back.

Pras whoever the hell did it.

I guess its what im going to do, because i was itching for some EQ. But if they fuck up again on xp nerf before we have a viable pop, i mean... wtf. Im not saying i would quit forever because you know how that goes but i think we should stick together as a server and let it be known by not logging in when we understand something is bad for the server and staff just doesnt get it. They dont actually play and invest the time we do on the server so lack our perspective on it, lets stop being manchilds and stick together for the one or two things we know for a fact is going to fuck up the server we love playing on.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Your posts probably went a long way to showing that the exp nerf was bad. When it's just a few forum trolls arguing for it pretty good indication it's a bad idea.

I'm not a forum troll. I care about this server and the people who play here.

Anyway. I'm sure this xp change isn't going to run the server into the ground, and I look forward to hearing more from the GMs.

Telron
03-23-2014, 02:01 PM
not classic

Thumbs up hahah

Humerox
03-23-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm not a forum troll. I care about this server and the people who play here.

Anyway. I'm sure this xp change isn't going to run the server into the ground, and I look forward to hearing more from the GMs.

Anybody that doesn't like you doesn't know you, Nell. You actually do care...but waiting for explanations? Don't hold your breath.

:D

Faerie
03-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Anybody that doesn't like you doesn't know you, Nell. You actually do care...but waiting for explanations? Don't hold your breath.

:D

You're pretty great yourself.

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Im sure youre allrite on voice Faerie

You just have weird ideas on where to take the server

Shit like "theres already too much pvp" when xp loss was on

Vile
03-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Dang, I will log on tonight brews.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Im sure youre allrite on voice Faerie

You just have weird ideas on where to take the server

Shit like "theres already too much pvp" when xp loss was on

Do you guys want a big population, or not? Bluebies flocked to RZ server because pvp was a bad word.

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Rumor going around at the moment is that Velious won't launch on red, and then three months later they will transfer red players to blue, so that at that point the gear won't matter. Just a rumor.

Squire
03-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Rumor going around at the moment is that Velious won't launch on red, and then three months later they will transfer red players to blue, so that at that point the gear won't matter. Just a rumor.

red TO blue?

http://www.thoughtrod.com/images/thoughtoffice-investigator-private-eye-software.jpg

I'm on the case.

Vile
03-23-2014, 03:31 PM

lol wut

Drakaris
03-23-2014, 03:53 PM

It's pretty easy for them to do that, they share the same db server.

If it was a choice between perma losing characters on the server or playing them on blue, I would rather be able to still play on blue.

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Do you guys want a big population, or not? Bluebies flocked to RZ server because pvp was a bad word.

Yeah 85 people in EJ im sure its because people hate PVP

The aim shouldnt be to attract bluebies, it should be either bluebies interested in PVP or brand new people interested in PVP

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 03:57 PM
It's pretty easy for them to do that, they share the same db server.

If it was a choice between perma losing characters on the server or playing them on blue, I would rather be able to still play on blue.

Not me, raiding rotating wut

That would be the end of my P99 career

If theyre dead set on doing this, for respect of peoples time investment, they should just come out and say it, so that people like me who are not gonna carry on playing on a blue server can quit right now

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 04:02 PM

not sure if srs or even played rz, there was anti pk and pk, bluebies never flocked to RZ because of "anti pk" they just grew bored of same old shit and wanted to try pvp

Telron
03-23-2014, 04:06 PM
It's like Christmas mother fuckers.

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 06:16 PM
another change for the cry babies

pras glad they put it back to classic exp

Squire
03-23-2014, 06:20 PM
It's like Christmas mother fuckers.

lol nightmare before christmas

Clark