PDA

View Full Version : News and Patch Notes: Sunday, March 23rd, 2014

Rogean
03-23-2014, 04:36 AM
Loginserver Changes
EQEmulator has completed a move to a new Loginserver system. In addition to many new features, our security has been vastly improved. The old system that was in place had been built over a decade ago with encryption methods that have since become insecure. Due to this system overhaul we recommend all players change their loginserver passwords. We may enforce a password change at some point so I suggest everyone perform this as soon as possible to prevent any delays in account access. If you plan to use the SMS System detailed below to recover access, it could take a week to process and should be done immediately.

The new system is accessible directly from the Project 1999 website. New players are no longer required to create an EQEmulator forum account. Instead, you can create a forum account on Project 1999, and manage your loginserver accounts from there.

Existing players can link their EQEmulator Forum Account to their Project 1999 Accounts, and then also manage their loginserver accounts from here.

The SMS System has been added, which will allow players to attach an SMS Number to their loginserver accounts. This can be used to recover loginserver passwords in any situation where they are not accessible.

I realize that there are some players who have lost access to their accounts, who may not be able to utilize this system to recover. We are looking into further methods of account recoveries. We are interested to hear these situations though. If you are one of these players, please post under the petition section (Use the Account Recovery prefix) and explain your situation in detail. Please include the following information at minimum: Do you currently have access to your EQEmulator Forum Account?

Do you currently have access to any of the Loginserver accounts associated with the EQEmulator Forum Account?

There may be further questions we will ask after you create your post.If you are having problems logging in, please verify your eqhost.txt file contains the following:

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998RMT Activity
As many of you know, Project 1999 takes our rules very seriously, from boxing, to cheating, to RMT.

3 Months ago, I wrote the following paragraph:

I briefly mentioned some recent RMT bans, and I wanted to elaborate on that. We have done multiple waves of bans in recent weeks for RMT activity.

Contrary to popular belief, we take RMT seriously. We have a vast arsenal of utilities at our disposal to identify and track suspected activity. Once a particular player has been identified, it is very easy for us to match all associated accounts, and flag all possible transactions. More staff members have been given access and trained on these utilities.

It is not always immediate, but our logs exist forever, and you will be found. There are no way to hide the trades and it is just a matter of time.

DO NOT Buy OR Sell platinum, items, or characters for money. It is not worth it to lose your characters over.When I wrote this message, I wasn't kidding. We noticed, in particular, a new RMT site claiming to never have a customer banned. We silently tracked accounts we found affiliated with their operation, and now today we are permanently banning over 400 accounts that have participated in these activities. Don't bother petitioning unless you have a strong defense.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get the message across.. I said in the last update that we have the logs, and that you will be found. You are THROWING money away. Throwing it at someone who does nothing beneficial to the server other than get you banned, instead of SUPPORTING the server, and helping the staff that pours our own money and free time into providing this for you. It's insulting to us.

I digress. Here's some patch notes.

Patch Notes
Code

Haynar: Removed distance checks from pet non-melee damage messages.
Haynar: Fix for restoring FD aggro when hit by a spell. It was completely clearing FeignMemory, instead of restoring the hate/aggro.
Haynar: Sneaking was using BehindMob_180 improperly, as were all most rogue skills. This was making sneaking horribly ineffective.
Haynar: Fixed spinning mobs again. (found the real issue, so fixed the true problem)
Haynar: Pathing fixes. Pathing end nodes will now check against actual z coord and bestz if cannot find a node near z actual. If path is only a 1 node, it will go direct if LoS present (no longer checks obstacles). This applies only to 1 node path. This fixes the pathing transition between node/no-noded zone areas. Also fixes some ways that z could be exploited with pathing.
Haynar: Added some fixes for changing mob/pet speeds. This also helps fix snared mobs when they go into flee mode. They should no longer warp all over. Pets follow better too.
Haynar: Starting a trade, while sneaking and hidden, will now break both. Starting a trade while sneaking only, will not cause sneak to drop.
Haynar: Instill Doubt/Intimidation skill should now behave more "classic".
Haynar: You can now get skillups using Intimidation/Instill Doubt skill from a distance.
Haynar: A successful intimidation/instill doubt at a distance, will now show that you are too far away.
Haynar: A successful intimidation/instill doubt will now drop sneak and hide.
Haynar: Getting hit with a detrimental spell, will now break sneak and hide, whether its resisted or not.
Haynar: Many various pathing fixes / improvements.
Haynar: Turning off sneak, while hide is still on, will keep hide up if you haven't moved. You cannot have moved from your original hide location though.
Haynar: Sit aggro fixes. Only will add to the hate list now, if they have enough sit aggro for mob to go and hit them. This should do away with faction hits, unless you actually get aggro.
Haynar: Fix for double hit message on killing shot, when have exactly same # of hit points as damage.
Haynar: Restricted disarm skill to only work on weapons.
Haynar: Altered behavior of when mobs flee, when other mobs of same faction are nearby.
Haynar: Added lore item checks for items within bags, when the whole bag is being looted from a corpse.
Haynar: Slight tweaks to spell fizzle checks, when considering skill specializations. Bard missed notes rate should now take dex and cha into consideration.

Content

Nilbog: Antonican Javelins are no longer stackable. They will stack again in ~July 2001 on the timeline.
Nilbog: Ashenbone Drake's poison spell particle effect corrected.
Nilbog: Hoshkar no longer drops Green Dragon Scales. He will drop them again in ~June 2001 on the timeline.
Nilbog: Equestrille will path in much larger areas of the zone. Added a few grids for non-roaming npcs.
Alunova: a ferocious hammerhead now has pathing
Alunova: Ferocious hammerhead will now always drop an item
Alunova: Estrella now has a chance to drop 2 items
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in City of Mist.
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in Sebilis.
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in Gukbottom.
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in Chardok.
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in Veeshan's Peak.
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in Mistmoore.
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in Howling Stones.
Alunova: A few fixes to pathing in The Temple of Droga.
Alunova: A few minor fixes to pathing in Highkeep.
Alunova: Anson McBale in Highpass Hold should now return to his spawn point correctly.
Alunova: Fixed some pathing connections in Beholders.
Alunova: Created pathing for Neriak Commons Quarter.
Alunova: Corrected pathing for the Darkpaw's in Qeynos.
Alunova: Corrected pathing for Yeti's located in caves in Dreadlands.
Alunova: Fixed roamer pathing in Howling Stones south wing.
Alunova: Fixed roamer pathing in Beholders.

khanable
03-23-2014, 04:52 AM
JUSTICE BONER

Lanzellot
03-23-2014, 04:54 AM
swing the bannhammer big man.
war to the cheaters ;)
iam behind you ;)

quido
03-23-2014, 04:54 AM
pras

chugaboochu
03-23-2014, 04:56 AM
Recently new... curious how long these patches normally take?

Also, Thanks a ton to all who make proj1999 work!

Lanzellot
03-23-2014, 04:59 AM
400 account bann take time have patience ;)
new patch also thx staff

dauk
03-23-2014, 04:59 AM
epic

Rogean
03-23-2014, 05:01 AM
400 account bann take time

Query OK, 621 rows affected (0.06 sec)

quido
03-23-2014, 05:01 AM
name and shame please and thanks

Lanzellot
03-23-2014, 05:04 AM
why you interested in names guido ,i dont need names from these scums,away with this cheater folks:p

Portsche
03-23-2014, 05:05 AM
today we are permanently banning over 400 accounts that have participated in these activities.

SyanideGas
03-23-2014, 05:06 AM
O shiiit son

khanable
03-23-2014, 05:08 AM
Just signed up for the phone thing - real slick

Good work guys, thanks!

Maneras
03-23-2014, 05:10 AM
Im going to guess that people in the top guilds(TMO) will be affected. Just a random guess based on no actual facts but the odds are ever in my favor.

Beovvulf
03-23-2014, 05:12 AM
hey, how long will the server be down? just reinstalled and i can't play! :(

Mezzmur
03-23-2014, 05:14 AM
hey, how long will the server be down? just reinstalled and i can't play! :(

It's up, but wtb spell files?

Lazie
Yeah need those spell files

Roofie
Where are the spell files? :D

Amontillado
03-23-2014, 05:15 AM
uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh.................. new spellfiles please?

Zoesha
03-23-2014, 05:16 AM
and its down

MaksimMazor
03-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Aaaand it's gone.

miso1337
03-23-2014, 05:21 AM
Does this mean I have to actually talk to my in-laws now?

Bakaris
03-23-2014, 05:21 AM

Ergomas
03-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Does this mean I have to actually talk to my in-laws now?

No tell them your grandma is on fire..

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 05:25 AM
heyyyyyy fuck you guys

Zoesha
03-23-2014, 05:28 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2vuzosy.jpg

this reminds me..

Beovvulf
03-23-2014, 05:29 AM
where can i find the updated spell files? thanks

Beovvulf
03-23-2014, 05:31 AM
nm, got it.

Tasslehofp99
03-23-2014, 05:31 AM

hahaha stroke of a finger, click of a mouse!

gg

Jenithia
03-23-2014, 05:37 AM
A bunch of us not able to get past character select or when we do, we get kicked to log in. It seems Permafrost is down for mostly everyone trying to get in but somehow there's a raid force able to get in there and is clearing for Vox.

Deemo
03-23-2014, 05:37 AM
Going LD on login..

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
03-23-2014, 05:40 AM
I can log in my warrior just fine, but my mage (logged out in North Karana) fails to log in.

khanable
03-23-2014, 05:42 AM
Yea, everfrost is down

can't log in any of our toons there

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 05:43 AM
Why not ban the dude that is selling instead of the people that are buying because they actually want to play the game?

Some people may not have read this post you made over three months ago, spent money and are now banned. You just let people waste their money while the "RMT seller" cashed in on your player base for over three months and the only victims are the players.

You essentially were a cop waiting outside of a bar at closing time.

miso1337
A bunch of us not able to get past character select or when we do, we get kicked to log in. It seems Permafrost is down for mostly everyone trying to get in but somehow there's a raid force able to get in there and is clearing for Vox.

Sounds like a banned cheater to me.

khanable
Why not ban the dude that is selling instead of the people that are buying because they actually want to play the game?

Some people may not have read this post you made over three months ago, spent money and are now banned. You just let people waste their money while the "RMT seller" cashed in on your player base for over three months and the only victims are the players.

haha this guy got banned

Pan
03-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Makes the race to FFA Vox no race at all. Must be 10x loading toon in EF at PF zoneline booted to login screen.

miso1337

Sounds like we found ourselves a cheater!

Yoite
logged and got DCed, logged back in to char select to find toon now dead but cannot logging past char select. Get server is not responding and you have reached the IP limit msg sometimes.

Jenithia
Sounds like a banned cheater to me.

Nope, just can't get into Halas/Perma. I'm on my bard in OT. Some zones are down.

Wudan
03-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Due to this system overhaul we recommend all players change their loginserver passwords.

It does not allow me to change the password :confused:

Im logged in, click change password in home/account system/change password, I put in old password, set a new one and confirm it in other box and all I get is a message: Invalid Current Password. Multiple invalid attempts may block your access to this system.

Im putting in same cuurent password I used to log in...WTF

Lanzellot
03-23-2014, 05:45 AM

the staff warn and warn do not RMT or something like that or you get banned .Who can read is a winner ,all others can now whine alone at home .

Villia
03-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Can't log in either still D:

Yoite
03-23-2014, 05:50 AM
cant even get to char select now

Villia
03-23-2014, 05:50 AM
Same ^

Tankdan
03-23-2014, 05:52 AM

By playing on P99 you agreed to have read the rules.

Zoesha
03-23-2014, 05:53 AM
Error 1017:Cannot Login to the Everquest Server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repreatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the patch server. Sorry this is temporary... getting this error but there are no patch notes downloads anywhere so there's no fix for this currently.

Sifka71
03-23-2014, 05:53 AM
I am very sorry if my question is noobish, but I am new here. I did everything said in the post, but the game says it probably needs to be updated. Is there a patch/new files that I need to download? And if so, where can I find them?
Thanks in advance.

Never mind now, I was able to log in and play - yay level 4 ;)

Jenithia
03-23-2014, 05:54 AM
nm

Yoite
03-23-2014, 05:54 AM
was able to login to THF server using eqemu login but cannot connect to p99 anymore

Edgetiq
03-23-2014, 06:11 AM
heyyyyyy fuck you guys

http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachments/forum-games/98164d1387846400t-ban-post-precedes-you-fun-game-play-ban_hammer_by_skarcious.jpg

Looks like this button was pushed....

Dude Rogean can do what the fuck he likes...

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 06:11 AM
By playing on P99 you agreed to have read the rules.

Cause everyone reads EULA.

Regardless, you realize that the server admins knew the plat seller was taking money from 600+ peoples accounts for over three months instead of just banning one account and ending it they decided to wait and fuck with people.

You think that just because you were not banned you are not affected? You have now lost 600+ players that play this game, that you have grouped with and have possibly helped you in some way.

Because they waited three months that now raises the cost on everything. Think about how many items are now lost - items that cannot be looted anymore like Manastones, Locket of escape, and many other items that people purchased that are now removed from the game that no longer drop.

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 06:13 AM
im banned and i dont know why. i read this and am confused. guess this is the end of everquest for me.. =\

Yeah me too, not sure if some mistakes were made here..

jhimmy
03-23-2014, 06:18 AM
logged in to play and mine says banned, will GM's be double checking the logs? because i havnt purchased any items or money at all for cash, ever! ive only been here a month!

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 06:25 AM
http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachments/forum-games/98164d1387846400t-ban-post-precedes-you-fun-game-play-ban_hammer_by_skarcious.jpg

Looks like this button was pushed....

Dude Rogean can do what the fuck he likes...

Hahah Looks like Rogean has a girlfriend.

Lanzellot
03-23-2014, 06:29 AM
the whining start, will be a interested sunday now ,popcorns out and the laught begins ,ahhh and a weedcigarette for the ultimative feeling:p

fuck you cheaters,
the justice has arrived

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 06:32 AM
the whining start, will be a interested sunday now ,popcorns out and the laught begins ,ahhh and a weedcigarette for the ultimative feeling:p

Dude, you realize you sound like a fuckin retard when you talk right? Your english is so broken you sound like a 3 year old with downs. hahahah.

mroletta
03-23-2014, 06:33 AM
Haynar: Altered behavior of when mobs flee, when other mobs of same faction are nearby.

FYI, something seems wrong. I've been in Sol A/B and I have had no instance of any mob type fleeing when <19%hp.

quido
I am all about weedcigarettes for the ultimative feeling

Nocsucow
Dude, you realize you sound like a fuckin retard when you talk right? Your english is so broken you sound like a 3 year old with downs. hahahah.
really?... gonna make comments about 3 year olds with downs .... you got fucking problems dude

Lanzellot
03-23-2014, 06:34 AM

you can laught about my english how long you ll.
i know for you is your eq carrier over cheater.:p

jhimmy
03-23-2014, 06:36 AM

wow taking the piss out of people with downs, you might be affected by that someday!

Blasted
03-23-2014, 06:37 AM

Just a shot in the dark, but I'd guess his english is far better than your [whatever his first language is].

I.E. stfu

quido
so why do pillows with downs cost more??? :confused:

Mattdog64
really?... gonna make comments about 3 year olds with downs .... you got fucking problems dude

I would like to make a /petition on [51 Vicar] Healuminati King (halfling)<Illuminati>

His last name is ruining my RP experience by calling himself King.

Lanzellot
03-23-2014, 06:45 AM
I would like to make a /petition on [51 Vicar] Healuminati King (halfling)<Illuminati>

you are not longer in the position to petition, cheater. search another game ,where you can bring the cheat plague!diablo is good for cheaters

Nocsucow
03-23-2014, 06:58 AM

QQ

Asap
03-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Mad bad sad etc etc

blondeattk
03-23-2014, 07:54 AM
wheres the spells files dowload link plz?

YendorLootmonkey
03-23-2014, 07:56 AM
You think that just because you were not banned you are not affected? You have now lost 600+ players that play this game, that you have grouped with and have possibly helped you in some way.

Because they waited three months that now raises the cost on everything. Think about how many items are now lost - items that cannot be looted anymore like Manastones, Locket of escape, and many other items that people purchased that are now removed from the game that no longer drop.

I'm sure we'll be fine. Thanks for thinking of us, bro.

Daldaen
03-23-2014, 08:03 AM
[/LIST]Content
Nilbog: Antonican Javelins are no longer stackable. They will stack again in ~July 2001 on the timeline.
Nilbog: Ashenbone Drake's poison spell particle effect corrected.
Nilbog: Hoshkar no longer drops Green Dragon Scales. He will drop them again in ~June 2001 on the timeline.

Did the Kedge Keep changes go in as well These (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140730)?

Matriarch will no longer drop Wand of Ice. (Patriarch still does)

Ferocious Hammerhead now paths.
Ferocious Hammerhead will now always drop an item.

Estrella now has a *chance* to drop 2 items.

In addition, I've removed a few spawns from Frenzied room and one from Patriarch room that were not classic.

Fixed, pending update.

SamwiseRed
03-23-2014, 08:07 AM
Excellent work. I love a good purge.

SamwiseRed
03-23-2014, 08:08 AM

Had no idea it was illegal to walk outside a bar.

Ravager
03-23-2014, 08:26 AM
so why do pillows with downs cost more??? :confused:

This made me laugh.

Lazie
03-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Gonna put this here as a question to the GMs. In VP atm going up the ramps in picture room there is a point you get to that warps you back to the bottom of the ramp. Was this intentionally implemented to stop camping on the balcony when mobs are in window or is it a bug ?

myriverse
03-23-2014, 09:12 AM

Ignorance is no excuse. These are rules that have existed for years. If you ever wanted to play here, then you should have known this rule. "No RMT" means none. No buying. No selling.

They didn't catch these people "outside a bar." They observe them swerving down the streets of town.

Good riddance.

And thx Devs!

Otur
03-23-2014, 09:23 AM
How many TMO's were banned this round? :)

Lazie
03-23-2014, 09:26 AM
How many TMO's were banned this round? :)

It's early but it seems none so far that have spoken up about it.

Doze
03-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Gotte love being banned for doing nothing illegal :confused: and being called a liar by the GMs as well on top of that! :mad:
/golfclap :(

Let this be a warning to anyone still playing: Don't ever accept gifted/loaned items from anyone without providing the listed wiki pp value in trade. It is apparently a bannable offense to do so.

Otur
03-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Don't ever accept gifted/loaned items from anyone without providing the listed wiki pp value in trade. It is apparently a bannable offense to do so.

If that was the case, I think most of the server would been banned.

Quineloe
03-23-2014, 09:48 AM
nm, got it.

care to share, because I'm just not finding it today..

Doze
03-23-2014, 09:53 AM
If that was the case, I think most of the server would been banned.
Carefull what you wish for - to quote Rogean:
"It is not always immediate, but our logs exist forever, and you will be found. There are no way to hide the trades and it is just a matter of time."

Aeaolena
03-23-2014, 09:54 AM
http://imgur.com/6accX7A.gif

Not my best work, since I just ninja-edited an old gif.. but for 5 minutes of quick monopoly-man updating, it'll do :)

isiah
03-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I'm all about justice for the people actually doing the RMTer thing, but here is a BUMP for justice for those innocent people effected by this incident.

Please continue with the JUSTICE and help the people who have somehow been scooped up in this wide-range net.

Laugher
03-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Pras big Rog and staff, champs of GMvRMT slaying

LS looks fresh and a lot more clear for the first time since I came to emu in 2007, thanks for the hard work!

Xerxez
03-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Sooooo, will I be able to log on eventually? not guilty of any RMT nonsense but it keeps telling me I have no internet connection or theres server inactivity. Thanks

edit: A connection to the server can't be reached.. I haven't logged into my eqemu account in forever, do I need to link these 2 together in order to play?

Thulack
03-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Sooooo, will I be able to log on eventually? not guilty of any RMT nonsense but it keeps telling me I have no internet connection or theres server inactivity. Thanks

edit: A connection to the server can't be reached.. I haven't logged into my eqemu account in forever, do I need to link these 2 together in order to play?

If you go into your Eqhost file does it have the 5998 port or whatever listed in it. Rogean made a post about EQemu changing and make sure your EQhost file was correct.

Thulack
03-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Carefull what you wish for - to quote Rogean:
"It is not always immediate, but our logs exist forever, and you will be found. There are no way to hide the trades and it is just a matter of time."

Truth^. One of my accounts was just now banned for the original transaction to get him back in July. I have logs showing i paid so not worried but the Timeframe for banning it not just within the last few months.

Edit: Account unbanned. Pras Justice :)

Xerxez
03-23-2014, 11:22 AM
If you go into your Eqhost file does it have the 5998 port or whatever listed in it. Rogean made a post about EQemu changing and make sure your EQhost file was correct.

indeed it does =/ I know my server log in but i don't know my eqemu information.. I'm wondering if I have to link the p99 and eqemu accounts together somehow or something.. hmmm

Wanyo
03-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Pras box integrity !

Faerie
03-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Rogean: If red server is changed, why is this not included in the patch messages?

Rika
03-23-2014, 12:29 PM
wow taking the piss out of people with downs, you might be affected by that someday!

Says the guy who's toon is named after one of the biggest pedophiles is British history, who molested a bunch of disabled kids.

I hope you got banned for that tbh

Awwalike
03-23-2014, 12:29 PM
pras!!!

post the names

Zeshtling
03-23-2014, 12:34 PM
there's no download for this patch?

Pringles
03-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Is it possible to link multiple EMU accounts (under different EMU forum accounts) under 1 account here? Would be great to consolidate.

JayN
03-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Could you please name and shame the guild who had the most accounts lost; since you did it last time; it would only be fair!

Derubael
03-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Could you please name and shame the guild who had the most accounts lost; since you did it last time; it would only be fair!

Players banned from all guilds. Was pretty equal. Apparently having a dirty whistle holds no guild affiliation (big shocker).

Vexenu
03-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Am I missing something? Why aren't new spell files needed for this patch? I was able to login normally without patching anything.

Thulack
03-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Am I missing something? Why aren't new spell files needed for this patch? I was able to login normally without patching anything.

Because everything that was changed was Serverside changes. Nothing that needed new files on the Client side.

Xerxez
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Still can't log in. Keeps telling me unable to connect to server. I've reinstalled to try and see if that works and still no luck. My host file is how its supposed to be, I'm using launch titanium.bat to run my game, and I've tried to use the eqgame.exe as well... Somebody help me preez

Shinko
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM

nilbog
03-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Did the Kedge Keep changes go in

Yes, added Alunova's changes to OP.

shdwdrake8
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you so much for the login server changes! I have my account back! I'll surely be donating. You guys are the best. Love p99!

MC Epic
03-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Nice patch, good results all around.

Thx for the firm stance on RMT!

Haynar
03-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Need to tweak distances on mobs fleeing checks some. Used old distances, but no longer requires mob to be engaged to stop fleeing.

Shiftin
03-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Yes, added Alunova's changes to OP.

VP sooooper broken too. top 3 dragons aren't accessible at all due to Z axis change.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144258

Laledorie
03-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Not to be a suck up, but thanks for the time and effort that goes into P99! You guys are the best and I appreciate all the hard work! Much love and support! =D

FindCorpse
03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Question about account verification:

My original forum account has become unverified and I have gone through the SMS verification process on the P1999 forums for this account I am posting on but I have two EQemulator accounts I would like to link to this Project 1999 forum account and it only allowed me to link one. Can you link more than one EQemu account to your P99 account?

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 04:19 PM
you sound pretty mad. did your account get banned?

and clearly English is not his native tongue

I was new to the server, I also brought 8-10 friends with me. Most of us are old EQ players and decided to give it a crack again but this time we are all actually adults that work for living so we don't have the time to sit farming plat or in the EC tunnel making minor transactions so we purchased plat. We would log in playing each night together for a couple hours and play in some random zone.

You people can now rejoice that players that had nothing to do with you - are now banned instead of doing their minor level 20 group with twink gear.

I realize you all feel like the world is a better place now that Mods (drunk with power) have made these bans, mods that would rather sit in the shadows "silently tracking" like the fuckin NSA instead of just banning the two fucks selling everyone plat on the server and killing the source.

But when you really think about it, how is buying plat anymore cheating than getting power leveled 20 levels in one day? Or donating to the devs and getting exp potions for real life money?

Give me a break with your self-righteous bullshit when you allow the exact thing for donations.

nilbog
03-23-2014, 04:23 PM
like the fuckin NSA instead of just banning the two fucks selling everyone plat on the server and killing the source.

The sellers' accounts are obviously banned.

Or donating to the devs and getting exp potions for real life money?
I assume this is referring to donations to the Pantheon development. P99 didn't receive anything for that, because it went to Pantheon, through kickstarter. The kickstarter failed anyways, and people were refunded their donations.

Ravager
03-23-2014, 04:31 PM
I was new to the server, I also brought 8-10 friends with me. Most of us are old EQ players and decided to give it a crack again but this time we are all actually adults that work for living so we don't have the time to sit farming plat or in the EC tunnel making minor transactions so we purchased plat. We would log in playing each night together for a couple hours and play in some random zone.

You people can now rejoice that players that had nothing to do with you - are now banned instead of doing their minor level 20 group with twink gear.

I realize you all feel like the world is a better place now that Mods (drunk with power) have made these bans, mods that would rather sit in the shadows "silently tracking" like the fuckin NSA instead of just banning the two fucks selling everyone plat on the server and killing the source.

But when you really think about it, how is buying plat anymore cheating than getting power leveled 20 levels in one day? Or donating to the devs and getting exp potions for real life money?

Give me a break with your self-righteous bullshit when you allow the exact thing for donations.

If grinding out a set of cloth armor and racing three noobs to the decaying skeleton holding a cracked staff doesn't appeal to you, I think you're missing the point of this server anyway.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
The sellers' accounts are obviously banned.
I assume this is referring to donations to the Pantheon development. P99 didn't receive anything for that, because it went to Pantheon, through kickstarter. The kickstarter failed anyways, and people were refunded their donations.

I am well aware of the kickstarter, I and my friends backed it with decent amount of money, and have since backed their project at the source since it failed.

The sellers should have been banned instantly. You don't let a crack dealer show up in your neighborhood and wait and see what happens, you snuff it out and move on. Instead you chose to let them THRIVE on your player base, knowing yourself that they were essentially stealing the money since everyone would be banned in the future. This is why you guys will never do this professionally. Because anyone with half a brain would not cannibalize their player base instead of just killing the weed amongst them.

FindCorpse
03-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Rules are clearly stated, you may or may not have read them. It doesn't matter if you can afford to RMT don't do it. Seems like a very simple concept to understand. Sorry you lost your time and money though. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Ennewi
03-23-2014, 04:38 PM
The sellers should have been banned instantly. You don't let a crack dealer show up in your neighborhood and wait and see what happens, you snuff it out and move on. Instead you chose to let them THRIVE on your player base, knowing yourself that they were essentially stealing the money since everyone would be banned in the future. This is why you guys will never do this professionally. Because anyone with half a brain would not cannibalize their player base instead of just killing the weed amongst them.

So everyone's responsible for your actions except, of course, you.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 04:39 PM
If grinding out a set of cloth armor and racing three noobs to the decaying skeleton holding a cracked staff doesn't appeal to you, I think you're missing the point of this server anyway.

What you are missing; is the feat of getting new players you are now "friends" with that may have never played Everquest at launch to play it with you. Sometimes you need to use a little lube to make it a pleasant experience for more than just yourself.

Ravager
03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
What you are missing; is the feat of getting new players you are now "friends" with that may have never played Everquest at launch to play it with you. Sometimes you need to use a little lube to make it a pleasant experience for more than just yourself.

Then level up and farm gear to give to your friends if that's what it takes to get them here. Honestly, though, if they aren't going to play here unless they're twinked off the bat, they probably won't have much fun here anyway.

Danth
03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
You don't let a crack dealer show up in your neighborhood and wait and see what happens

Actually you do. Monitoring traffic to and from a dealer's house or place of operation is one of the standard ways of building a case.

Danth

Faerie
03-23-2014, 04:43 PM

I think there are other emu servers out there where you can use GM commands and summon whatever items you want. If you want to show your friends the game and need to give them gear to do so, why not play one of those servers for a bit?

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Rules are clearly stated, you may or may not have read them. It doesn't matter if you can afford to RMT don't do it. Seems like a very simple concept to understand. Sorry you lost your time and money though. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Two very simple solutions:

1.Ban the sellers.

2.Send out a 1 time warning. (to accounts that were made in the last three months)

This would have been easy and much healthier for the server, it would have kept 600 more people playing the game.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Actually you do. Monitoring traffic to and from a dealer's house or place of operation is one of the standard ways of building a case.

Danth

A case against what? The dealer? YOU KNOW FOR A FACT WHO THE DEALER IS, IT IS LOGGED. Wake up, life is not the same as EQ. If you are someone that would allow a crack dealer to stay selling to people in your neighborhood then you have bigger issues and I am happy you are jobless and stay at home playing EQ.

FindCorpse
03-23-2014, 04:47 PM

1.Ban the sellers.

2.Send out a 1 time warning. (to accounts that were made in the last three months)

This would have been easy and much healthier for the server, it would have kept 600 more people playing the game.

I understand you didn't want to waste your time and purchased in game money to speed up the process. I am completely impartial to your actions. Rules are clearly stated, the developers reserve the right to ban whom ever they want when ever they want. This is their server not yours. All I am saying is follow the rules. It is indeed a healthy server still look at the numbers.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 04:50 PM
I think there are other emu servers out there where you can use GM commands and summon whatever items you want. If you want to show your friends the game and need to give them gear to do so, why not play one of those servers for a bit?

It comes down to time, we don't want to put the little time we have to invest into a server we would not continue playing on.

SamwiseRed
03-23-2014, 04:51 PM
all this time forumquesting could have gotten you some levels and plat.

Rararboker
03-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Lol this RMT'er is mad. And apparently can't comprehend that [accounts =\= players].

1252 players online right now. Server looks just as healthy as ever. Great job staff!

Faerie
03-23-2014, 04:53 PM
It comes down to time, we don't want to put the little time we have to invest into a server we would not continue playing on.

I've always wanted to marry rich so I could spend my days traveling the world eating fancy new foods.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 04:54 PM
I understand you didn't want to waste your time and purchased in game money to speed up the process. I am completely impartial to your actions. Rules are clearly stated, the developers reserve the right to ban whom ever they want when ever they want. This is their server not yours. All I am saying is follow the rules. It is indeed a healthy server still look at the numbers.

I have looked at the numbers, 1100 on at the peak. That is at least 25% less people than it could have been if you just count half of the accounts banned.

FindCorpse
03-23-2014, 04:57 PM
I have looked at the numbers, 1100 on at the peak. That is at least 25% less people than it could have been if you just count half of the accounts banned.

To that I say in 2010 when I started playing on this server there were about 600 - 800 people playing. Population has about doubled. Especially Since the new PnP has gone into effect. I do understand you are upset but you broke the rules. I don't know what else to say accept sorry and please start again if you like, it is truly a fun server to play on.

YendorLootmonkey
03-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Am I supposed to feel sorry for Mattdog64 that he started playing on a server without apparently reading the rules of conduct on the server, broke the rules, and got busted for it? I can't tell from his posts.

I mean, damn, when you visit www.project1999.com and you're like "Hells yeah, I want to play me some old-school EQ!" and you're like "How do I get this started?" and you see the link over on the left that says "Getting Started", you click it and come to this:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

3) Global Server Rules

2+ Boxing
Third Party Tools, Exploiting
Language, Profanity, Harassment
Training
RMT (Real Money Trade) Sales
Naming Policy

It's like you had to purposely ignore the global server rules. So you're saying it's okay for someone to exploit or 2-box if they say "Oh, I didn't know it was against the rules."? Come on, man.

Aviann
03-23-2014, 05:00 PM

1.Ban the sellers.

If you just began the server and needed help figuring out how to install it, considering you have a slim chance of figuring it out on your own, usually you go about doing so by using the guide in this link:

Now, mind you, I hear what you are saying, and it isn't that I don't care, but if you look at the bulleted list at the BEGINNING of the guide, it has somewhat of a 'Table of Contents' that gives you an idea of how to navigate the thread and find the information you are looking for. Clearly, you can see a few of the listed points as a LINK, which used to drop you down to said portion, but alas the links are just leading back to the forum homepage... but regardless, let's all assume you aren't an idiot, because we like to give new friends the benefit of the doubt.

Let us scroll down to the second post made by Rogean in the thread, which is the post highlighting our current conversation.. it is listed and bolded/underlined as

3) Global Server Rules

Underneath it, you can find a list of the server rules, one of which includes:

If you take a moment to read the couple of sentences underneath it, I believe you will find your warning you are looking for. This:

"Any trading of any in-game objects for real life currency, including but not limited to coin, items, and characters, is not permitted. People caught performing these transactions will have all characters involved banned."

Now for my thesis, I know I said earlier that it wasn't like I don't care, but I think I can safely say that the majority of us playing on this server DO NOT CARE.

Have a good one... In fact, let me rephrase it. Maybe you can buy yourself a good one, because you clearly do not want to take the time to earn it.

Derubael
03-23-2014, 05:06 PM
This announcement and the subsequent bannings sends a much more clear message than silently wiping out a few seller-holding accounts along with their respective buyers every week. There are a lot of people waking up this morning and realizing there is no such thing as a safe site or a safe way to buy items or platinum on p99.

Also,

Project 1999
Players: 1226
.:: Server Info ::.

Server seems to be pretty healthy.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Am I supposed to feel sorry for Mattdog64 that he started playing on a server without apparently reading the rules of conduct on the server, broke the rules, and got busted for it? I can't tell from his posts.

I mean, damn, when you visit www.project1999.com and you're like "Hells yeah, I want to play me some old-school EQ!" and you're like "How do I get this started?" and you see the link over on the left that says "Getting Started", you click it and come to this:

3) Global Server Rules

2+ Boxing
Third Party Tools, Exploiting
Language, Profanity, Harassment
Training
Naming Policy

It's like you had to purposely ignore the global server rules. So you're saying it's okay for someone to exploit or 2-box if they say "Oh, I didn't know it was against the rules."? Come on, man.

No, I am saying that silver bullet the cause, not wait "secretly monitoring" your player base for three months. You ban the seller instantly killing the cancer. You do not wait for the seller to make loads of cash over three months, this in itself is so backwards I can't even think of a logical reason for doing it except that you can and you want to flex your "digital muscles" at your players expense.

Ravager
03-23-2014, 05:14 PM
No, I am saying that silver bullet the cause, not wait "secretly monitoring" your player base for three months. You ban the seller instantly killing the cancer. You do not wait for the seller to make loads of cash over three months, this in itself is so backwards I can't even think of a logical reason for doing it except that you can and you want to flex your "digital muscles" at your players expense.

So, you know that buying plat is against the rules. You know that you can get banned for it. You're not upset that you got banned for it, you're upset that they waited so long to do it?

odiecat99
03-23-2014, 05:18 PM
all you people that got banned:

fuck you ;)

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 05:21 PM
If you just began the server and needed help figuring out how to install it, considering you have a slim chance of figuring it out on your own, usually you go about doing so by using the guide in this link:

Now, mind you, I hear what you are saying, and it isn't that I don't care, but if you look at the bulleted list at the BEGINNING of the guide, it has somewhat of a 'Table of Contents' that gives you an idea of how to navigate the thread and find the information you are looking for. Clearly, you can see a few of the listed points as a LINK, which used to drop you down to said portion, but alas the links are just leading back to the forum homepage... but regardless, let's all assume you aren't an idiot, because we like to give new friends the benefit of the doubt.

Let us scroll down to the second post made by Rogean in the thread, which is the post highlighting our current conversation.. it is listed and bolded/underlined as

3) Global Server Rules

Underneath it, you can find a list of the server rules, one of which includes:

If you take a moment to read the couple of sentences underneath it, I believe you will find your warning you are looking for. This:

"Any trading of any in-game objects for real life currency, including but not limited to coin, items, and characters, is not permitted. People caught performing these transactions will have all characters involved banned."

Now for my thesis, I know I said earlier that it wasn't like I don't care, but I think I can safely say that the majority of us playing on this server DO NOT CARE.

Have a good one... In fact, let me rephrase it. Maybe you can buy yourself a good one, because you clearly do not want to take the time to earn it.

I have a level 100 SK with over 10,000 AA's on Live, he was created during Kunark and was the only character I ever played. So yes, you are correct that I do not feel like starting over from scratch especially when I am attempting to get new friends to play with me.

As for buying a fun time, we have all just purchased Wildstar. Is it EQ? No, but I can't talk anyone into staying on a server run by devs that make rash decisions.

odiecat99
03-23-2014, 05:23 PM
75% of the banned accounts were 4th and 5th tmo alts

YendorLootmonkey
03-23-2014, 05:24 PM
a server run by devs that make rash decisions.

Please tell us again how the devs enforcing rules that are clearly detailed in the Getting Started post you would have had to click on to get started here is "making a rash decision"?

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
This announcement and the subsequent bannings sends a much more clear message than silently wiping out a few seller-holding accounts along with their respective buyers every week. There are a lot of people waking up this morning and realizing there is no such thing as a safe site or a safe way to buy items or platinum on p99.

Also,

Project 1999
Players: 1226
.:: Server Info ::.

Server seems to be pretty healthy.

Your comment clearly projects what is wrong with your decision making skills. I hope you grow up, and realize it is much more fun to be someone that gives second chances than an executioner.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Yeah, grow up Deru wtf.

Derubael
03-23-2014, 05:36 PM
ermagawhd. I must be power tripping again :eek:

How dare I enforce these rules we have that are clearly spelled out all over the forums, the getting started guide, and even hinted at on RMT sellers websites. Such bullshit. Who do I think I am!

Thank you for playing, mattdog. I encourage anyone who got banned to try again with a clean whistle. You can find a comprehensive list of the server rules in this handy thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 05:37 PM
So, you know that buying plat is against the rules. You know that you can get banned for it. You're not upset that you got banned for it, you're upset that they waited so long to do it?

I am really not that upset about the money, it was just money. I am more upset about the time lost and that if I was sent a warning within the first couple weeks I would have stopped, and so would have my friends and they might all still be playing.

The events could have been handled much more professionally with a much better battle plan. Hopefully they learn from it for future players.

YendorLootmonkey
03-23-2014, 05:45 PM
I am really not that upset about the money, it was just money. I am more upset about the time lost and that if I was sent a warning within the first couple weeks I would have stopped, and so would have my friends and they might all still be playing.

The events could have been handled much more professionally with a much better battle plan. Hopefully they learn from it for future players.

The warning in the Getting Started section was just a "suggested guideline" then?

I don't even...

You have GOT to be trolling us at this point.

odiecat99
03-23-2014, 05:53 PM
mattdog64 gg.. now please log out of this forum and never come back, sir.

FindCorpse
03-23-2014, 05:57 PM
He is upset and perhaps trolling at this point. I have no sympathy but I am an empathetic man Mattdog is genuinely upset. I understand what he is saying. Locate the source and eliminate it and massive 400 account bans may be averted. I do stress may. Just to play Devils advocate say the source is eliminated, other than making a strong statement such as this how would you deter someone else from following in their predecessors footsteps?

Aviann
03-23-2014, 06:00 PM

If you had read the rules, maybe you wouldn't have RMT'd. Its a chance that you took, a gamble, and you lost big. Now leave with your shitty RMT friends.

Mortiis
03-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Was fun though, thanks for keeping my winter occupied till bike season! Good luck all!

Lazie
03-23-2014, 06:29 PM
I have a level 100 SK with over 10,000 AA's on Live, he was created during Kunark and was the only character I ever played. So yes, you are correct that I do not feel like starting over from scratch especially when I am attempting to get new friends to play with me.

As for buying a fun time, we have all just purchased Wildstar. Is it EQ? No, but I can't talk anyone into staying on a server run by devs that make rash decisions.

Didn't seem like a rash decision. Looks like they took their time about it which you complained about earlier. Make up your mind.

archy
03-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Mattdog64 seems a bit upset and irrational.

Volkier
03-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah me too, not sure if some mistakes were made here..

Likewise. Guess you shouldn't accept any form of gifts or plat from people since you don't know where that plat is traced back to. Happy to provide bank and credit card statements if they want proof that I didn't pay anyone or whatever system logs and registry entries as proof for whatever cheating they think happen (only thing I have in the background, is normally browser and winamp, and really wouldn't have a clue what to look for) - though I admit, I HAVE changed the texture files to *gasp* have Luclin models and textures instead of "classic". Perhaps that was my crime.

Either way, doesn't worry me that much - I've only been here for a month or two, so really haven't dedicated enough time to the char to matter. Feel a lot more sorry for people who have been here way way longer and got wrongly accused and banned through this.

Peace.

Dredxzer
03-23-2014, 07:00 PM
The fact that Rogean and crew allowed this in the first place, and now it got out of control like this, is no one's fault but their own. Like i've heard alot of others say on different sites, RMT will never be stopped, you can ban, ban, ban, but you started the fire, and now its too hot to put out, sorry.

Like I heard from another member on another site, I wonder how many of those who got banned donated to the p99 server, site, etc? thats a good question, im sure there were quite a few. Oh well another loss on your end.

SoE runs their games better than these circus clowns, and thats a bad , bad thing lol.

You guys can reply, flame me all you want, but I always get the last word, I always do, so reply, say this, say that, I will not be reading it.

you cant STAND RMT, well , good luck stopping it lol. Cute though, Very cute.

Aviann
03-23-2014, 07:04 PM
The fact that Rogean and crew allowed this in the first place, and now it got out of control like this, is no one's fault but their own. Like i've heard alot of others say on different sites, RMT will never be stopped, you can ban, ban, ban, but you started the fire, and now its too hot to put out, sorry.

Like I heard from another member on another site, I wonder how many of those who got banned donated to the p99 server, site, etc? thats a good question, im sure there were quite a few. Oh well another loss on your end.

SoE runs their games better than these circus clowns, and thats a bad , bad thing lol.

You guys can reply, flame me all you want, but I always get the last word, I always do, so reply, say this, say that, I will not be reading it.

This may have not stopped it, but damn, it felt great to log on today and see the progress.

Xerxez
03-23-2014, 07:06 PM

such anger in this.... someone got banned

csc2153
03-23-2014, 07:13 PM
This server will spend more in resources in chasing RMT than running an adequate emulation of a game they never created themselves.

Great allocation of resources. I pity the poor idiots who trust these guys with the responsibility of their well-being.

Nisei
03-23-2014, 07:15 PM

I got the last word, HAH.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 07:25 PM
If you had read the rules, maybe you wouldn't have RMT'd. Its a chance that you took, a gamble, and you lost big. Now leave with your shitty RMT friends.

Dude, I gotta say this, are you the same girl in the picture in your signature as the one on your profile? Weird.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Didn't seem like a rash decision. Looks like they took their time about it which you complained about earlier. Make up your mind.

Wow, all these little lemmings.

Mattdog64
03-23-2014, 07:30 PM
mattdog64 gg.. now please log out of this forum and never come back, sir.

Hahah what a dbag, you quote yourself in your signature hahahaahahahah.

Shannacore
03-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Password recovery! SMS authentication rules. 51 druid lfg

Danth
03-23-2014, 07:38 PM
A case against what? The dealer? YOU KNOW FOR A FACT WHO THE DEALER IS, IT IS LOGGED. Wake up, life is not the same as EQ. If you are someone that would allow a crack dealer to stay selling to people in your neighborhood then you have bigger issues and I am happy you are jobless and stay at home playing EQ.

Calm down there buster, I simply commented on something you said (my perspective being that of a former certified LEO) that has little relevance to what does or doesn't happen on EQ-Emulator. Guess you're upset and lashing out at anyone....not generally a useful thing to do. Better than kicking your cat down the stairs I suppose.

Danth

Lazie
03-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Wow, all these little lemmings.

You seem to be the one who can't make up his mind if it was rash or a staged trap. You really should try to decide which you are going to stick with before getting angry. It still won't make a difference. You broke the server rules and got banned. The rest is you just looking for justice for losing your time spent on the game. The person to blame is yourself.

Rogean
03-23-2014, 08:06 PM

So, allow people to break the rules because they donate?

I'd rather pay out of my pocket to keep the server running than compromise integrity and accept money from people breaking our rules. Don't bother donating if you think it helps you in the slightest. Donate because you enjoy playing the server while following the rules.

csc2153
03-23-2014, 08:41 PM
I'd rather pay out of my pocket to keep the server running than compromise integrity and accept money from people breaking our rules.

It may not be this project. But it will certainly be one of them. People can remain irrational longer than you can possibly remain solvent. Remember that.

And if you haven't already gotten a time-frame for an exit, I suggest you start building one.

Marqus
03-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Interesting thing happened on Red this morning. XP bonus was put back in place. People came out of the woodwork. The server was flooded with people who had quit.. then they took it away. The people left. Interesting how within hours of the XP bonus how many people came back. Just imagine if they had left it in.. we might have had a viable server.

Nuggie
03-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Hey maddog. You don't seem to understand the serious results of what you were doing. If RMT were allowed freely and dev crew didn't combat it SOE could shut the project down.

So please respect the fact that they fight vigorously to catch RMT people because not doing so would mean the end of P99.

Also, if you were only level 20 you didn't lose much that you legitimately obtained for yourself. Start over. If not, well I'm sorry you got caught breaking the rules. Have fun with your future endeavors.

Hijynx
03-24-2014, 12:14 AM
=/ IDK how to change my password anymore, my old yahoo accountgot hacked because of Guildwars 2, and there was no way to recover it, as I made it in like 1998. IDK what to do =/ please don't change my password if you can't find a way to figure this out. EQ emu has a limit on how many times you can try to figure out your password, gah I should have seen this coming. I can still log in fine now, but not if you reset everything.

Leeyuuduu
03-24-2014, 01:31 AM
This server will spend more in resources in chasing RMT than running an adequate emulation of a game they never created themselves.

Great allocation of resources. I pity the poor idiots who trust these guys with the responsibility of their well-being.

Awwww did someone get banned?
QQ come closer let me taste them salty tears, mmmmmm nom nom nom

csc2153
03-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Awwww did someone get banned?
QQ come closer let me taste them salty tears, mmmmmm nom nom nom

Lol yeah. I am a bit upset. Oh well. Its not like it was expected that the offenders would have gone away painless.

On another note, if you really want something salty I can facilitate you...

Nocsucow
03-24-2014, 02:35 AM
I can facilitate you...

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Lol yeah. I am a bit upset. Oh well. Its not like it was expected that the offenders would have gone away painless.

On another note, if you really want something salty I can facilitate you...

Oh you're the only one feeling pain right now.

central scrutinizer
03-24-2014, 07:27 AM
It may not be this project. But it will certainly be one of them. People can remain irrational longer than you can possibly remain solvent. Remember that.

And if you haven't already gotten a time-frame for an exit, I suggest you start building one.

What the hell are you even talking about? It's a private server, it was probably never intended to be solvent, and I doubt that the admin needs to worry about an "exit".

Wanyo
03-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Honestly , if there is a big need for purchasing items or plat, especially those who want to play but do not have the time to invest grinding 60 hours a week for loot, should have some kind of pay for plat option. This problem will continue as long as you have casual people playing this server trying to compete with people who have the time to grind. The gms should consider some kind of donation for plat program so anyone who has the desire to play and doesn't have the time have an option. This would also help the server pop. I understand this isn't classic, but most of us were kids during classic as well and had the time and energy to grind.

Rika
03-24-2014, 09:52 AM
The server population is just fine. Pay to win won't solve RMT at all. It doesn't stop people cheating with other games and it wouldn't stop it here. Enforcing server rules and banning people works just as well.

On live you can practically pay for plat by purchasing a Krono from SOE and selling it in game which is perfectly fine as far as soe are concerned. But there's still people RMTing em cheaper.

Thulack
03-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Honestly , if there is a big need for purchasing items or plat, especially those who want to play but do not have the time to invest grinding 60 hours a week for loot, should have some kind of pay for plat option. This problem will continue as long as you have casual people playing this server trying to compete with people who have the time to grind. The gms should consider some kind of donation for plat program so anyone who has the desire to play and doesn't have the time have an option. This would also help the server pop. I understand this isn't classic, but most of us were kids during classic as well and had the time and energy to grind.

No. If you don't have time to enjoy EQ the way it was ment to be then maybe it's time you move on. If your can't handle coming to a game late and being behind people then just turn around and head out the way you came in. Not everyone here who is rich started in the first year of p99. Some were late to the show and still were able to level up and enjoy it without cheating.

Estu
03-24-2014, 10:04 AM

I don't understand all you people who don't have time to play the game for hours and hours a day but still can't fathom enjoying it without "competing" with people who do. Who cares? Just play casually and have fun. Why does it matter so much to people whether the other guy in their group is twinked? It seems like you have to have some serious self-esteem issues if someone else having bigger pixels means you can't enjoy yourself. I generally only get online for a couple hours a week and I have a ton of fun on this server, and some of the most fun I had was starting from scratch, with no gear, and leveling up from there. If that doesn't sound like a good time to YOU, you should understand that not everyone else is like you, and the server doesn't need to change for you. The server is doing great the way it is.

People also talk about how they already leveled characters on live and they don't want to do it again. Then don't play! One reason that leveling takes so long on EQ is that the journey to level 60 is a big part of what's fun about the game; it's not just a big mindless race to max level like in WoW. Enjoy the journey or find a different game, but don't call the server flawed because you don't understand what the point of it is.

Danth
03-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Come now Estu, wanting to win at a game without putting forth the effort hardly strikes me as new. Cheating is as old as humanity itself. So's the associated anger with getting caught red-handed. Least this is just arguments on the internet rather than shoot-outs in the saloon.

Danth

csc2153
03-24-2014, 02:27 PM
What the hell are you even talking about? It's a private server, it was probably never intended to be solvent, and I doubt that the admin needs to worry about an "exit".

Let me clarify my comment for you. I was addressing the specific statement Rogean made that implied he stands ready to underwrite all efforts to protect the playing integrity of the game.

Just cause its private doesn't mean that it absolves it of all cost/benefit analysis with respect to addressing things with the EMU other than just running it. Its like a car. You buy a car to get you to and from. But sometimes the costs of maintaining the car exceed expectations or exceed the benefit of paying for a new one.

So my comment was fitting because it pointed out the fact that protecting the integrity of the game will be an ongoing cost associated with running the EMU. And this cost will remain a constant or will even increase.

So my suggestion was that IF and ONLY IF he thinks that he will eliminate the problem then he should run something else. (buy a new car as in the example)

So this whole thing about whether its profitable or intended to be profitable and all that does not address the essence of my post. Everyone has their own threshold of marginal rates of substitution.

Example, So, I rather play EQ than engage real life activity. There are no profits, but I assign value to every incremental minute I spend my time on them differently. Every extra minute spent on the game is less time spent in real life activity, thus I place higher value on the game rather than real life time. But if my time is valuable or my productivity level is high and I get paid alot of money, then every incremental minute playing the game is costing me a lot of money.

So again, it is fitting here because it seems obvious in this case that the "RMT" issue is one they are spending more and more resources to address.

The fact that the GM is willing to give up his own money to protect the integrity of the server sends a "signal" (in the game theory sense) to RMT offenders that money is NOT a constraint with respect to ensuring RMT rules are enforced. My argument is that while it is a signal, the crowd will test him anyway and call his bluff till the end.

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 02:30 PM
How do people with limited time to play have to compete with rich powergamers? I have limited time to play, I don't even have a level 40 character. How is not having a lot of money at hand restricting me?

csc2153
03-24-2014, 02:56 PM
So funny.

There are people STILL willing to bid accounts on RedGuides.com even AFTER the SWEEP of bans.

Here it comes Rogean. No sleep for the restless! You cannot win the fight against the crowd!

And while you may flex your muscles and no matter how hard. This crowd will push and push till you can no longer or shut this server down!

You cannot stop it. SONY could not stop it.

Rogean
03-24-2014, 03:01 PM
So funny.

There are people STILL willing to bid accounts on RedGuides.com even AFTER the SWEEP of bans.

Here it comes Rogean. No sleep for the restless! You cannot win the fight against the crowd!

And while you may flex your muscles and no matter how hard. This crowd will push and push till you can no longer or shut this server down!

Your stance is amusing, but it won't deter us.

Another 30 accounts banned today for association with another RMT Website.

Rhambuk
03-24-2014, 03:04 PM
So funny.

like somehow paying hundreds of dollars replacing accounts/items is winning

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 03:05 PM
hey uhm... what about the NPC issue? Dark Terrors spawning on unrest lawn makes it pretty tough to exp there :)

csc2153
03-24-2014, 03:12 PM

It isn't my stance. It is the crowd's stance. As you evolve, RMT will evolve, and it will force you to evolve on and on and on. A vicious self-reinforcing cycle.

You are making a mistake with your underestimation of the crowd's irrationality.

dre
03-24-2014, 03:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7hseIqW.jpg

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 03:18 PM

any comment on the completely innocent people banned [not myself, wasn't banned] who got banned simply because a RMTer logged into their account once?

Nuggie
03-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Here is how I think the anti-rmt effort goes. The PSA team finds stuff and reports it to rogean. Rogean issues the bans. Not a lot of time spent by rogean. Time spent by volunteers isn't expensive (figuratively speaking).

drktmplr12
03-24-2014, 03:27 PM
So funny.

http://i1.wp.com/www.avoiceformen.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/05/White-Knight.jpg?resize=750%2C420

rmt white knight sweeps in to ensure we know what we already know!

csc2153
03-24-2014, 03:29 PM
http://i1.wp.com/www.avoiceformen.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/05/White-Knight.jpg?resize=750%2C420

rmt white knight sweeps in to ensure we know what we already know!

That may be one perspective. But calling the bluff is certainly another.

Derubael
03-24-2014, 03:37 PM
any comment on the completely innocent people banned [not myself, wasn't banned] who got banned simply because a RMTer logged into their account once?

Anyone who didn't break the rules won't remain banned.

The situation you are specifically referring to was a special case, and is being addressed as we speak.

drktmplr12
03-24-2014, 03:54 PM
lol pretty sure it isnt a bluff.

Aviann
03-24-2014, 03:55 PM
It isn't my stance. It is the crowd's stance. As you evolve, RMT will evolve, and it will force you to evolve on and on and on. A vicious self-reinforcing cycle.

You are making a mistake with your underestimation of the crowd's irrationality.

Who is this 'crowd' you speak of? We, the press, must know!

csc2153
03-24-2014, 03:56 PM
lol pretty sure it isnt a bluff.

What makes you so sure?

Sony couldn't beat it
Blizzard couldn't beat it

Rogean can?

drktmplr12
03-24-2014, 04:09 PM
What makes you so sure?

the fact that 400 accounts just got banned. you can't expect to stop it, you can certainly deter it with no tolerance.

also, your time spent here is irrational as are your arguments that are peppered with fallacies. you are mad that you lost an income stream, and you took to the forum to make yourself feel better by trying to convince others of your viewpoints. your viewpoints are in the infinitesimal minority here. sorry you lost an income stream. and sorry to the people that bought from you cause you still have their money, but they have nothing to show for it.

csc2153
03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
the fact that 400 accounts just got banned. you can't expect to stop it, you can certainly deter it with no tolerance.

also, your time spent here is irrational as are your arguments that are peppered with fallacies. you are mad that you lost an income stream, and you took to the forum to make yourself feel better by trying to convince others of your viewpoints. your viewpoints are in the infinitesimal minority here. sorry you lost an income stream. and sorry to the people that bought from you cause you still have their money, but they have nothing to show for it.

I'm not trying to convince. It's only stating a perspective. Everyone on this forum has a right to discuss that with others on this forum as long as the discussion is within the constraints provided as per the rules of the forum. While you may not have the same perspective as I do, thats ok too. One thing I've learned is that it is a fallacy to believe there is no fallacy.

I never stated I lost an income stream. So I don't know where you got that. What I think you haven't gotten which I have actually HAVE provided with previous statements is that deterring RMT is unlikely to STOP RMT. Even more so in this case.

Again, I'll repeat this so that short-term memory does not fail you again. Is that it is a viewpoint. It is your RIGHT to agree and disagree but certainly not your obligation.

I am only stating that bigger players (Sony/Blizzard) have encountered this RMT issue before in order to maintain game play integrity and have been trampled by the stampeding RMT crowd. The only options in this case are:

1. Continue spending resources fighting it until your resources have exhausted

2. Bring the EMU project to a halt. Cut your losses and walk away.

3. Build a system within the EMU that CO-OPTS the RMT activity

Another note: The mere fact that the player base hasnt actually been cut down drastically as I see how many have been on lately is only a worrying sign that the people banned have more than likely reinserted themselves back into the program only to commit the offense again. This not only evidenced by the people still hungry to buy accounts on Redguides.com and other RMT sites and also the server numbers remaining robust. This, to be netted across the net inflows of new players. Rest assured that the returning "banned" players have learned their lesson and will be looking for even keener ways of exploiting the policing.

Its like trading in the financial markets. There are algorithmic programmed software machines that identify patterns in prices and exploit them, but at the same time these algorithms are also being identified and THEIR patterns will be exploited by real-life traders.

drktmplr12
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
im assuming you lost out because you have never contributed to discourse on the forum. all your forum history is selling very high valued items. suddenly, after a wave of RMT bans, you feel the need to be heard? i call bullshit on that statement.

you are the equivalent of the bum on the corner preaching doom and gloom repent jesus is coming because you figured it out with math. you say it has to come to A or B and while, in this case, both are plausible..they are not the only possible outcomes. the problem with your conclusions is that your evidence and logic is flawed.

you are asserting that the staff's efforts are futile. i think you are dead wrong. im sure they dont expect to stop RMT.. but i bet someone will think twice before clicking send on paypal. kudos to the staff for not standing around and doing nothing. to you.. im not quite sure what else to say because i don't even know what you are trying to accomplish here.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5OpeY2ipMGPZqV8O1dv8x4ZXOpOuKw CDDpfm9MpE-nVUrediCeA

csc2153
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM
im assuming you lost out because you have never contributed to discourse on the forum. all your forum history is selling very high valued items. suddenly, after a wave of RMT bans, you feel the need to be heard? i call bullshit on that statement.

you are the equivalent of the bum on the corner preaching doom and gloom repent jesus is coming because you figured it out with math. you say it has to come to A or B and while, in this case, both are plausible..they are not the only possible outcomes. the problem with your conclusions is that your evidence and logic is flawed.

you are asserting that the staff's efforts are futile. i think you are dead wrong. im sure they dont expect to stop RMT.. but i bet someone will think twice before clicking send on paypal. kudos to the staff for not standing around and doing nothing. to you.. im not quite sure what else to say because i don't even know what you are trying to accomplish here.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5OpeY2ipMGPZqV8O1dv8x4ZXOpOuKw CDDpfm9MpE-nVUrediCeA

Again. The fact that you exclude the possibility of your assumptions about me are wrong is wrong in itself.

I never said the efforts are futile. I am only stating that the current static model is unsustainable (Ceteris Paribas).

You have a lot of other jargon in your post. But what I just said is about all I really deem relevant to address at this point.

Another note: Is that Rogean's confidence in and of itself is interesting to note. Notice that out of all 3 possibilities listed above none of them included the RMT phenomena from coming to a halt. I stand strong behind that assumption. By speculation it seems that Rogean's confidence arises from the fact that by the time any and all of his RMT policing resources have finished the P1999 project will have by then completed its intended purpose. That is also another possibility. HOWEVER, I want to note that this fact has absolutely no effect on whether new or existing players RMT or not.

I remember in the movie Jackie Brown where Samuel Jackson said, " I don't have to trust Melanie, all I got to do is trust that Melanie will be Melanie"

It's a waste of time to trust that people wont find clever ways to find an edge, all you have to do is trust that people will always find ways to gain an edge.

And as for your last sentence, "to you.. im not quite sure what else to say because i don't even know what you are trying to accomplish here. "

Just read the very first line of my previous post. Short-term memory again..

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Where are Alecta's changes on Red with level 4 pvp range, item loot, resist updates and exp bonus?

What has that guy been up to for the last 5 months, not one notable line item of work done?

baalzy
03-24-2014, 06:14 PM
For 1k plat a person can twink ANY character well enough to get them through levels 1-40 and have an easier time of it than people who leveled twinks during classic. Throw-away Kunark weapons have better ratios than most vanilla weapons.

The NyBright sisters in LFay drop probably 2p on average (accounting for the daggers which aren't worth much and the occasional no-weapon spawn). There are 4 of them on a 6 minute timer. They can be started at level 12-14 for most classes without twinking. This is about 80p an hour starting at a low level. In 12 hours time a person can farm enough plat to start a decent twink of any class they want and even at level 20 be wafflestomping mobs in that set.

All ya gotta do is put in the initial 10-15 hours getting a mage or necro up to level 12.

A casual person playing 5-10 hours a week would be able to do this in 5-6 weeks tops.

Or, if you're so desperate to not start out on the bottom you could post in the newbie section and someone will likely hand you a couple weapons and some starting plat that will let skip the mage/necro farm character build all together.

I don't see why anyone should have a problem starting over from scratch on a populated server when items with 80% the power of BIS can be had for 100p or less.

Dacuk
03-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Where are Alecta's changes on Red with level 4 pvp range, item loot, resist updates and exp bonus?

What has that guy been up to for the last 5 months, not one notable line item of work done?

drktmplr12
03-24-2014, 07:05 PM
words

lol are you serious?

good luck with your dissertation on the causes and effects of rmt on small scale mmo economies. im sure your program director will be proud to publish it and i hope the scientific community considers it a breakthrough in academia.

im just going to be over here playing the game. good day.

Edgetiq
03-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Anyone who didn't break the rules won't remain banned.

Guilty until proven innocent (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwjMbs39Nm8)... that's how we workin'

430 accounts you're bound to catch a fair few innocents. I saw someone quit in EC the other day.. gave all his droppable gear to some no mark, not seen him since.

Hypothetically speaking If I went onto a RMT site whilst in game should I be worried?

Haynar
03-24-2014, 07:59 PM
I think the bannings are kind of funny.

Nope, had no clue they were coming. I just code. Never heard of redguides until today.

I chat with Rogean on almost a daily basis. What we talk about? Optimizing code, fixing bugs, and catching cheaters.

Will RMTs stop? Nope.

Will there be less of them? Yes. But only if they keep banning them. The banning must continue.

Do I care about RMTs? Nope, they were classic.

Do I care about Boxing? Nope, was classic.

Do I support the staff here. Yep.

I blame all you little RMT bastards, for making me waste half my day Forum Questing.

H

Ergomas
03-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Do I care about Boxing? Nope, was classic.

ANY chance of allowing a SINGLE 2 box anytime soon? I did in fact 5 box before and I paid for those accounts, so no one cared, but here I understand the difference, but I LOVE PLing my chars. It was part of the fun when I hit max level.

I dont even know the reasons this was originally prohibited since I just joined recently.

Thanks

Leeyuuduu
03-24-2014, 08:35 PM
ANY chance of allowing a SINGLE 2 box anytime soon? I did in fact 5 box before and I paid for those accounts, so no one cared, but here I understand the difference, but I LOVE PLing my chars. It was part of the fun when I hit max level.

I dont even know the reasons this was originally prohibited since I just joined recently.

Thanks

Have you played on Live in the last few years? Or even on Mac (RIP) or other servers with boxing.
There is hardly any interaction between players because everyone just boxes themselves, it's like playing a single player game online. It really messes up communities.

And if you think fighting over mobs/loot is bad now, wait until there's boxing then there will be at least 2x the people fighting over the loot because now you only need half the players to lock a spawn down (if you have 2-3 people 2-3 boxing, rather than 6 actual people in one group, for example).

Ennewi
03-24-2014, 08:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCnj-Bm18c

Haynar
03-24-2014, 10:16 PM

Thanks
I have asked.

Answer is no. Its always no.

I remember putting in my 2nd phone line in 99 so I could get on with two 56k dialups.

H

oldhead
03-24-2014, 10:37 PM
I have asked.

Answer is no. Its always no.

I remember putting in my 2nd phone line in 99 so I could get on with two 56k dialups.

H

I did the same. Paid for two phone lines. Worked at the ISP so got the dial ups for free.

I had two 56k's in my laptop and could dial them both in for double bandwidth. Thing was crazy looking with two phone lines, one on each side. :D

I'll just leave this right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAkmFDz4Hgg

Muleworth
03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
10/10, the hot tears of all the cheaters coming out to cry over wasted RMT were so delicious and an unexpected bonus.

Keep up the great work staff!

oldhead
03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
unable to change my eqemu password.

keeps telling me I can not change my email. I dun wana change my email and its blank.

Haynar
03-24-2014, 11:13 PM
I did the same. Paid for two phone lines. Worked at the ISP so got the dial ups for free.

I had two 56k's in my laptop and could dial them both in for double bandwidth. Thing was crazy looking with two phone lines, one on each side. :D

I'll just leave this right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAkmFDz4Hgg
Phones weren't cheap back then. It was like $45 per phone line, then $20 for each dialup.

oldhead
03-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Phones weren't cheap back then. It was like $45 per phone line, then $20 for each dialup.

and $15 per month for two accounts.

I was making $25 per hour and living with my mommy :D Wasn't a thing.

Tameth
03-25-2014, 01:28 AM

this is still happening, wtf?

Robben
03-25-2014, 07:08 AM

Thanks

It will be heavily abused, especially since you can create accounts for free. No boxing keeps the group element intact.

I boxed a warrior and shaman on live, but not boxing here is fine by me

Haribo
03-25-2014, 08:00 AM
We noticed, in particular, a new RMT site claiming to never have a customer banned. We silently tracked accounts we found affiliated with their operation, and now today we are permanently banning over 400 accounts that have participated in these activities.

So you pretty much allowed these guys to sell to over 400 people before taking action, well I'm sure they're very grateful with the insane amount of money YOU allowed them to make before banning them.

drktmplr12
03-25-2014, 08:19 AM
So you pretty much allowed these guys to sell to over 400 people before taking action, well I'm sure they're very grateful with the insane amount of money YOU allowed them to make before banning them.

0/10

Erati
03-25-2014, 09:08 AM
I have a question regarding the SMS recovery.

Is it that big of deal if I have several emulator accounts linked to 1 phone number?

Maybe its just me that feels weird about linking two separate accounts to the same phone number for pw recovery purposes but I also dont think it makes sense to link it to some other less used phone number just so its different.

Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Just link as many emulator accounts I own to the same phone number ( my cell )?

Aeaolena
03-25-2014, 09:40 AM
10/10, the hot tears of all the cheaters coming out to cry over wasted RMT were so delicious and an unexpected bonus.

Keep up the great work staff!

^

baalzy
03-25-2014, 11:39 AM
I have a question regarding the SMS recovery.

Is it that big of deal if I have several emulator accounts linked to 1 phone number?

Maybe its just me that feels weird about linking two separate accounts to the same phone number for pw recovery purposes but I also dont think it makes sense to link it to some other less used phone number just so its different.

Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Just link as many emulator accounts I own to the same phone number ( my cell )?

Only thing I'd maybe suggest is registering for Google Voice and using that number. That way you don't have to worry about it if you change carriers and lose your current cell #

Artaenc
03-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Loginserver Changes
EQEmulator has completed a move to a new Loginserver system. In addition to many new features, our security has been vastly improved. The old system that was in place had been built over a decade ago with encryption methods that have since become insecure. Due to this system overhaul we recommend all players change their loginserver passwords. We may enforce a password change at some point so I suggest everyone perform this as soon as possible to prevent any delays in account access.

Does this mean anyone that had access to a friend's account that quit or out until velious will be lost?

Looks like there are similar questions here.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144198

gprater
03-25-2014, 08:10 PM
lol are you serious?

good luck with your dissertation on the causes and effects of rmt on small scale mmo economies. im sure your program director will be proud to publish it and i hope the scientific community considers it a breakthrough in academia.

im just going to be over here playing the game. good day.

Nice one. Csc2153 definitely uses more words than the situation calls for. I can almost follow his thinking, but to pick out his errors and bring them to light would just cause him to keep talking, and none of us want that.

Barnes
03-26-2014, 02:23 AM
Skimmed this enite thread and found nothing i wanted to know, like how do i link multiple accounts to one p99 acount??? seriously.

phacemeltar
03-26-2014, 02:41 AM
where do i click to add my phone number?

Barnes
03-26-2014, 05:15 AM
So much drama on this server, so much life wasted.

Quineloe
03-26-2014, 05:29 AM

The idea is to hurt the people who actually lose their real money in the process. RMT people aren't going to go away, especially on a completely F2P game, because they only invest their time, which might be worthless itself and even if they get banned, they'll try again.

You RMTers on the other hand, who bought, I don't know, a fungi tunic and a lot of excellent monk gear to level your iksar monk as fast as possible with your RMT plat are now banned after two months of non-stop playing and have nothing to play and a hole in your pocket where the money you paid the RMT guy with used to be. What are the odds those guys will just try RMTing again?

Only thing I'd maybe suggest is registering for Google Voice and using that number. That way you don't have to worry about it if you change carriers and lose your current cell #

until you no longer have access to your google voice number for whatever reason, then that shit falls on its face as well. Either way, you're trusting another company to maintain the service for you.

baalzy
03-26-2014, 11:43 AM
until you no longer have access to your google voice number for whatever reason, then that shit falls on its face as well. Either way, you're trusting another company to maintain the service for you.

True, but I'm pretty sure your voice number will remain unchanged as long as google is in business. Your cell phone # can change for a variety of reasons.

My wifes Aunt got a new phone # (they moved from one coast to another) and her previous number was reassigned. That person was able to access her banking info because it was tied to her previous phone # and the bank sent her an alert with a link to click.

Quineloe
03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
My wifes Aunt got a new phone # (they moved from one coast to another) and her previous number was reassigned. That person was able to access her banking info because it was tied to her previous phone # and the bank sent her an alert with a link to click.

That shit would be impossible in Germany. New cell phone number because you moved? Are your land lines tied to your cell phone contracts?

Thulack
03-26-2014, 02:51 PM
That shit would be impossible in Germany. New cell phone number because you moved? Are your land lines tied to your cell phone contracts?

If you moved far enough to change area codes (probably dont have in germany) then there is a chance that your old number(7 digits) was in use. Also he said his aunt. i would guess that she is a older woman so probably talking about landline. Just a guess though.

Malrubius
03-27-2014, 11:38 AM
So much drama on this server, so much life wasted.

Only on the forums. Very little drama in-game in my experience.

Barnes
03-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Only on the forums. Very little drama in-game in my experience.

Yeah that is what i ment to say. =)

Barnes
03-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Is it mandatory to link the EQemulator account to the p99 site?

Barnes
03-27-2014, 02:06 PM
where can i find the updated spell files? thanks

Great question, where are the files found?

Thulack
03-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Great question, where are the files found?

There are no update files for this patch. All the fixes were serverside stuff.

phacemeltar
03-27-2014, 02:20 PM
would be nice if there was a link to the most up-to-date spells file on front page. i spent 15 minutes yesterday searching forums for new patch just to figure out i didnt need one.

Derubael
03-27-2014, 09:47 PM
would be nice if there was a link to the most up-to-date spells file on front page. i spent 15 minutes yesterday searching forums for new patch just to figure out i didnt need one.

The latest (downloadable) patch file will always be sticky'd at the top of this thread.

khanable
03-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Just made a new loginserver account through the forums

Seriously, this system is 1000000x better than the old

Awesome fucking work on that, pat yourselves on the back and have a friend breathe heavily on your neck to emulate me doing so

Jorgam
03-29-2014, 02:30 PM
So you are requiring us to change our PW to login to the server select and play. Brace yourself for a dumb question.. but, where does one go to change that PW? I've gotten confused by all the various accounts/pw's that are needed to play on P99 and can't seem to locate the correct screen to update as needed.

Thanks for the help.

baalzy
03-29-2014, 05:01 PM
The ones used to access the game are the 'loginserver' accounts. When you connect your p99 forum account with your EQEMU account, you'll then be able to manage your loginserver accounts.

Pringles
03-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Is it possible to link multiple EMU accounts (under different EMU forum accounts) under 1 account here? Would be great to consolidate.

Any word on this? I have a handful of EMU accounts I would love to link up here, but don't see anyway to add more than 1 here. Maybe something thats in the works?

ripwind
04-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Any word on this? I have a handful of EMU accounts I would love to link up here, but don't see anyway to add more than 1 here. Maybe something thats in the works?

I'm in the same boat. I just went through the process with one of my two EQEmu accounts only to find out that I can only link one. Doh!

Barnes
04-03-2014, 01:14 AM

Do we even need to link the accounts? i mean why bother? if we can't consolidate all our emu accounts to 1 p99 account?

Lagaidh
04-03-2014, 11:13 AM
My thanks are late (I've been away from EQ a while), but I offer them all the same.

This creation of the past is truly treasured by many. Thank you again.

LulzSect
04-16-2014, 09:38 AM
How long does it take to link your EMU accounts? Every time I click the Link accounts it says

There is already an active link request for this Project 1999 Forum Account.

Been about a week already... halp

baalzy
04-16-2014, 11:46 AM
How long does it take to link your EMU accounts? Every time I click the Link accounts it says

There is already an active link request for this Project 1999 Forum Account.

Been about a week already... halp

You should have got an email to finish the linking process.

LulzSect
04-16-2014, 01:50 PM
figured it out

forgot this current forum acct is on a completely different email addy

xD

thank you for the help

wintersedge3
04-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Is this patch why my shaman frost/cold/ice spells are no longer blue but now blue purple and pink mixed? I tried re-installing and did everything right. I just don't understand why my spirit strike and such spells look different. If this was posted in another section please let me know so I can look it up. Thank you.

odiecat99
04-24-2014, 01:55 PM

.06 seconds to get rid of these douches..

oh how I love it so.