PDA

View Full Version : Gynok

Insidious
12-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Is gynok spawning correctly?

As of now I've spent over 50 hours camping him with various alts.

That's nearly over 140 spawns, at 22min spawn timers.

That's saying he has less than a .7% chance of spawning.

Or am I just extremely unlucky?

I know he was working a few weeks ago or a month ago but I haven't even seen him in weeks.

Bigcountry23
12-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Somone posted the Plat ring dropped yesterday if that helps...

Wenai
12-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Extremely unlucky. I have done three Paw of Opolla so far. The longest camp I had was 8 hrs.

Zhao
12-15-2009, 01:15 AM
No Wenai, this spawn is broken. I have also camped this for over 50 hours this week alone and not a single spawn. the spawn rate needs to be increased.

Zhao
12-15-2009, 01:16 AM
I dont know when or how this was changed, but it is broken right now. I know many others trying to get a plat ring right now having the same problem.

Insidious
12-15-2009, 01:57 AM
It really is a problem that needs to at least be looked over to make sure. A LOT of players are having problems.

Zhao
12-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Someone needs to fix this already. I also need to be compensated for this.

douglas1999
12-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Haha, because you pay so much money to play on this server and everything.

karsten
12-15-2009, 03:24 AM
i wouldn't cross zhao if i were you dude, he'll go to your house and murder you

Joebrew
12-15-2009, 04:30 AM
I can vouch for Zhao, was in befallen the last few days and seen him there constantly, Oh yeah and thanks for helping me get my corpse from the third floor Zhao lol.

Sincerely Spike

quido
12-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Let it be known that Gynok spawned and dropped a plat ring.

Wenai
12-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Lol. Guys. He works fine.

I have camped him three times, it is all about getting lucky.

I camped him just the other day for over 9 hours straight. Guess what... I didn't get the ring. I am in the same boat as you guys. I need a ring and I can't get it. The spawn is rare, as it should be.

lyyfeleech
12-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Someone needs to fix this already. I also need to be compensated for this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

entilza
12-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Vouching for Insidious and also Josh, saw even Gauktalos(sp?) not sure if he got one. I also camped it for quite some time.

I do know it dropped before, when I was level 12 a high level killed him and left the corpse, I looted the ring not knowing it's preciousness and sold it to a vendor!! Now just like the one ring it's calling me back...

Takshaka
12-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I do know it dropped before, when I was level 12 a high level killed him and left the corpse, I looted the ring not knowing it's preciousness and sold it to a vendor!! Now just like the one ring it's calling me back...

OUCH!

Dartagnan
12-15-2009, 01:02 PM
It took me forever to get one but he did spawn. Took me about 3 or 4 days camping (not all at once though).

Doakes
12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Gynok spawned last night, Zhao got him~

Zhao
12-15-2009, 03:37 PM
The spawnrate on this sob is still majorly screwed up. Theres no way this can be right. When I camped him originally he was spawning all the time, now people have to spend a week there just to get him to pop.

Tengo
12-15-2009, 04:33 PM
If anything the spawn rate at first was messed up. Gynok was always rare on live.

Bigcountry23
12-15-2009, 04:36 PM
If anything the spawn rate at first was messed up. Gynok was always rare on live.

The spawn rate for a LOT of nameds was messed up at launch. I heard of people seeing Rahotep multiple times a day (this for a mob that was rummored to spawn once an EQ year).

Malrubius
12-15-2009, 04:57 PM
In classic, it was pretty common knowledge (as far as I recall) that he popped about 1 in 12 times (ghoul ph at bottom of stairs?). It sounds like it's more like 1 in 50 or more atm. (Plat) ring dropped 25-50% or so?

Just my 2 cents. I have not camped this sucka yet.

JohnPublic
12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
From doing it a few times myself and also hanging out with Josh while he camped it I have a theory on the spawn. It seems to me that this iteration is much more likely to spawn if the ph is allowed to naturally de-pop rather than killing him right away. All three times that I have seen Gynok on the server it was from zoning in and him already standing there with 0 people in zone.

Just my two copper.

P.S. On live it was completely common to camp him for 20+ hours before getting the ring.

douglas1999
12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Are you sure that the PH despawns at all? I tried leaving him up for about 10 minutes and he didn't. Camped him for 16 straight hours yesterday and didn't get a spawn. When you consider that the gold ring is also pretty hard to get, this quest is just not worth the reward.

Of course I DID get a ton of work done in that 16 hours cause there isn't much else to do, so it's not all bad.

douglas1999
12-18-2009, 02:33 AM
Gynok trip report:

28 total hours, two installments. 16 hours followed by 12 hours, got it on the 12 hour run.

Auvdar
12-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Taking your camp now Sabbra, thanks :P

Hasbinbad
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
This is working as intended. Gynok was always a SOB to camp.

Wyeth
01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
So I have done this quest several times on live, but not in many years like most of us who play here. I do remember the extremely long Gynok camps though, so I told myself I wouldn't do it here. But today, seeing as how I couldn't find a group, I thought I might as well camp Gynok for a little and maybe I'll get lucky. Awesome thing is I did. After two hours he spawned and dropped the plat and gold ring. Odd thing I did notice is that no PHs spawned at all. Just 2 hours of sitting there and eventually he spawned.

The trouble I am having is with Vin Moltor. I never remember having to actually camp him. Maybe kill PHs once and he would spawn. I told myself that maybe it was because people more often killed the PHs and that's why he was usually up. So I decided to sit it out. Well it has been 4 hours and I am still sitting it out. I have been killing all wandering mobs, in case of being PHs. The worst thing of all is close to 2 hours he did spawn, but he didn't drop the container. As far as I knew it was a 100% drop. Never happened to me before, nor have I heard of it happening before.

I now people on the server have the paw, so I'm just wondering what the deal is with Vin. Is this a normal camp or is something messed up? A camp this long and longer was expected with Gynok but not with Vin.

douglas1999
01-04-2010, 11:08 PM
It's weird that there weren't any PH's with gynok... I did have to camp vin but only for maybe an hour. Spawned twice, dropped nothing the first time and dropped the container the second time.

Bigcountry23
01-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Zoned into QSewers last night and saw Vin on track. Had my Rat Ear pie and kalish in hand and as I'm getting near him, I see "you have lost your target". I come around the corner to see Gandolf (or something like that) standing over his corpse. I shake my fists furriously at him as he zones out and then go off and do something else.

This morning I log on with about 20 minutes to spare so I check again, and sure enough Vin is there. I hand him the pie and booze and he hands me the paw case. We have a few laughs and I'm on my way with a new Paw.

Guess my mele-druid days are done until the epic.

Wyeth
01-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Thought about giving him the pie and beer to get the paw container, but I logged on today and he was up. Seeing as how I camped him for 5 hours and I had no pie and beer, I killed him. Made me feel great, even better that he dropped the container.