PDA

View Full Version : WTB Kosher to pay for multi-quest Jboots?

Shiftin
08-13-2010, 03:32 PM
If so, what's the going rate for the MQ of the AC ring?

ammut
08-13-2010, 03:35 PM
can't MQ here

Atennu
08-13-2010, 03:35 PM
MQing does not work on this server. The only thing you can pay for is someone to kill AC for you; while you wait afk with whatever money you have arranged with them

Shiftin
08-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Really, you can't MQ? That seems... very non-classic? Ty for the info though :)

guineapig
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Really, you can't MQ? That seems... very non-classic? Ty for the info though :)

It actually doesn't have anything to do with an MQ rule made by the server. It has more to do with the database not being able to handle MultiQuesting.

In other words It's an EQemu limitation.

Shiftin
08-13-2010, 03:40 PM
i figured as much. thanks :)

Tenurn
08-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Search for the origin of Aeolwind saying "I'm not rewriting 12000 quests. Die." and you will find the explaination why.

Lazortag
08-13-2010, 06:07 PM
To be clear, MQing is stupid anyway.

citizen1080
08-13-2010, 06:43 PM
So MQing is stupid..but buying an item you yourself didn't camp isn't? I don't follow the logic =p

I better not catch you in EC sir !

Lazortag
08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
So MQing is stupid..but buying an item you yourself didn't camp isn't? I don't follow the logic =p

No, I mean MQing would be a stupid thing to allow since it makes the "No Drop" tag on items meaningless. Unless I misunderstand how MQing worked on Live, which is possible since I never actually did a quest.

Wenai
08-13-2010, 07:09 PM
It actually doesn't have anything to do with an MQ rule made by the server. It has more to do with the database not being able to handle MultiQuesting.

In other words It's an EQemu limitation.
Has nothing to do with database :p just to give you guys an idea of how quests works. So I will write a generic quest script to show you what it looks like and how it works.

Quests are handled through PERL (.pl) files which are labelled via name or NPC ID#. When an event happen it will check it's PERL file to see if there is a reaction or event that should happen in response.

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::say("Hail, traveler! You look as if you could use a [drink]!");
}
if($text=~/drink/i) {
quest::say("Ahhhhh... You do need a drink! If you bring me a muffin I am sure I could spare you some of my milk!");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13014 => 1)) {
quest::say("Ahhhh! Thank you so much for this delicious muffin! Have a bottle of this quenching milk!");
quest::exp(9001);
quest::ding();
quest::summonitem(13087);
}
}

So basically how this works is... Anything within EVENT_SAY is what determines how and NPC will react when you talk to it. If you say a /keyword/ then it will respond with the quest output specified within quotations after quest::say. The, i, after the /keyword/ does nothing other than make it so that it is not case sensitive.

Anything within EVENT_ITEM is how we determine how the NPC reacts when handed an ITEM(s). In this case he accepts item 13014 (http://eq.magelo.com/item/13014) (muffin) in exchange for 13087 (http://eq.magelo.com/item/13087) (milk).

quest::exp determines how much experience you gain from that turn-in.
quest::ding is the sound effect that you hear when you complete the quest.
quest::summonitem is the item reward that you see.

Now that you hopefully understand the basics of how the quest scripts work I can explain why MultiQuesting currently does not work.

When an NPC is handed an item(s) it does a check that if ALL conditions are met. If ALL conditions are not met.. then the quest is failed. The NPC does not flag itself as receiving an item for partial completion of the quest.

Would be be possible to have multiquesting? I believe so. I am no PERL expert by any means but I believe you could somehow set a flag for the NPC to show that part of the quest had been completed. This would result in having to re-script every quest that we have... which just isn't going to happen. :p

Noleafclover
08-13-2010, 07:10 PM

The "No Drop" stamp shows you were at least there when it droppedand went out and played the game to get the item, instead of farming plat off endless seafuries or fools in EC.

Farming plat that way is fine, but the fact that that does not buy you everything is a plus to me.

citizen1080
08-13-2010, 07:18 PM
No argument here =) I just took his post as well if u didn't get it yourself then its stupid =p

thxer
08-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Wish more people knew this so they didn't do retarded shit like killing AC on their 50 bard.

Anaiyah
08-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Wish more people knew this so they didn't do retarded shit like killing AC on their 50 bard.

Lol because this is such a common event...

mgellan
08-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Would be be possible to have multiquesting? I believe so. I am no PERL expert by any means but I believe you could somehow set a flag for the NPC to show that part of the quest had been completed. This would result in having to re-script every quest that we have... which just isn't going to happen. :p

I was thinking we could just adjust plugin::check_handin to persist anything handed in, load in that along with anything else that had previously been handed in, so someone could hand something in (like, 3 honeycombs for Honey JumJum) which Kizzi would just eat like now, except when someone handed in 30 gp they would complete the quest and get the JumJum. It would only work with quests that don't return items handed in if they don't complete a quest but many don't (ie right now they eat the items) so they'd work - other critical ones could be modified, most we don't care about.

Alas, I've been learning PERL very slowly so some of the more esotheric code in the plugin::check_handin code still confuses me, but I'll get there and give it a go )

Regards,
Mg

Itchybottom
08-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Incremented qglobal value wouldn't need to be in every PERLXS script you have, it'd just need to be in the ones that are verified multi-questable. It's actually quite trivial.

keen
08-13-2010, 10:48 PM
What if you only edited quests that contained multiple items and/or money, and at least one of the items had to be No-Drop?

The only reason we need MQ's are because at least one item is No-Drop.

That would probably eliminate thousands of quests.

Just a thought..

Itchybottom
08-13-2010, 10:52 PM
What if you only edited quests that contained multiple items and/or money, and at least one of the items had to be No-Drop?

The only reason we need MQ's are because at least one item is No-Drop.

That would probably eliminate thousands of quests.

Just a thought..

I'd like to see the clusterfuck awk/grep shell script to even begin to identify those quests reliably!