PDA

View Full Version : EXP

Exed
03-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Gms promote Pantheon by allowing us to pay IRL cash for XP pots for Velious. 1 month later XP is dropped when server had highest pop in over a year. Conspiracy?? Discuss.

For real though bump this xp.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 02:39 PM
remember a month ago before this when we had 200 pop.

Juhstin
03-21-2014, 02:42 PM

Galacticus
03-21-2014, 02:52 PM
:(

Dacuk
03-21-2014, 02:55 PM

Juhstin
03-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Working as intended

hagard
03-21-2014, 03:04 PM
server needs xp boost or people will start jumping ship for easy xp on loz, even if the loz server is terribly flawed

Exed
03-21-2014, 03:06 PM
some sort of update from gms would even be appreciated at this point. Just makes no sense. Three times now Gms have nerfed xp and server on the verge of dying is always the end result.

Doors
03-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Good intentions really bad fucking decisions.

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 03:09 PM
The economic watch group reported that 10% of big brother population is a healthy spot.

I reported a 10% pop standing on the 19th; beta was at 7 and red was at 70.

Today Beta is at 12%.

Does this mean beta numbers are rising? If Red held steady then yes this would be a correct assumption, however it's not.

Red is at 67 and beta is at 8. Red shrunk and Beta increased.

Red is a mere 8% of big brother blues 805 currently.

I hope administration sees this crisis and acts swiftly.

Project 1999s version of the monetary policy right there. Looks like we are almost due for a stimulus package of sweet sweet exp bonuses.

Nocsucow
03-21-2014, 03:10 PM

lmao in your dreams dude

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 03:11 PM
server needs xp boost or people will start jumping ship for easy xp on loz, even if the loz server is terribly flawed

this. also, a group bonus is not enough. there aren't enough people to have a reliable group going all the time 6 strong. there needs to be a 100% global bonus, then, in addition to that, the group bonus that favors grouping.

red99 is NOT ABOUT THE JOURNEY. sorry, it's not. red99 is about getting to 60 as fast as possible so you can join one of the 3 guilds and start raiding and doing mass pvp. I understand blue is about holding hands and making life long friendships @ orc 1, but that's not red.

Macc
03-21-2014, 03:19 PM
red99 is NOT ABOUT THE JOURNEY. sorry, it's not. red99 is about getting to 60 as fast as possible so you can join one of the 3 guilds and start raiding and doing mass pvp. I understand blue is about holding hands and making life long friendships @ orc 1, but that's not red.

Basically. If you feel any other way you are doing it wrong.

Vile
03-21-2014, 03:22 PM

Who said that isn't what they/he wants? :eek:

Sektor
03-21-2014, 03:25 PM
+1 for xp boost

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 03:36 PM
This is bigger than all of us fellas. We are just pawns.

Sheriff
03-21-2014, 03:52 PM
This is bigger than all of us fellas. We are just pawns.

I would like to see additional data points such as player interest in server, this would give a direct correlation to desired maximum RMT statistic. Therefore, xp = increase pop at 60, which would produce 60's in shit gear, which increases interest in dragons and gear.

Twainz
03-21-2014, 03:55 PM
D3 has exp bonus. Pretty sure the pop went there.

hagard
03-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Who said that isn't what they/he wants? :eek:

r99 rogeans red headed step child

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 03:59 PM
this. also, a group bonus is not enough. there aren't enough people to have a reliable group going all the time 6 strong. there needs to be a 100% global bonus, then, in addition to that, the group bonus that favors grouping.

It could partly be about the journey, and low level PVP, but you need a population for that. Seriously at this point i dont beleive theyre doing all this in good faith, its too ridiculously bad.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 04:01 PM
The problem all MMO's have experienced as of late is that when new players come to the game, they have to go through a long and tedious, often solo, leveling process to catch up to their friends in order to play with them. Games now a days are all about the content at max level, where the leveling process is more of a tutorial to learning your class. A journey you do once to learn about the elf world and who the evil orc king is and the god of doom and shit. The solution many MMO's have come up with is simply removing leveling by allowing new people to get instant max levels so they can actually play the game. This was particularly a problem with eq live where the barrier to entry was like 9000 AA's and 100 levels. No one sticks around with that high a barrier to actually play.

Red99 is the same way. You enter norrath a solo player, with pvp twinks, and a long awful 20 day played grind to 60. The barrier of entry is too high here, so people don't play, competiton at the the end game is stagnant due to not enough people to recruit, etc., etc. I don't get why the staff don't understand this. There's a server for the "journey" it's called blue99. People here see all this level 60 yellow text going off and all they think is "another 600 hours of played and I too can play this game."

Tassador
03-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Fuck exp bonus nothing like being level 45 on a hybrid killing mobs nonstop for an hour and getting 1 blue bub. That's 25 hours for one level assuming no deaths or pvp encounters.

As beiber said working as intended.

Faerie
03-21-2014, 04:21 PM
I like making lifelong friends at orc 1 :(

Squire
03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Fuck exp bonus nothing like being level 45 on a hybrid killing mobs nonstop for an hour and getting 1 blue bub. That's 25 hours for one level assuming no deaths or pvp encounters.

As beiber said working as intended.

living that dream right now. paladin soloing lb's for days.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/316ksg6.jpg

it blows.

Sektor
03-21-2014, 04:28 PM
hybrids aren't allowed to complain about exp. reroll or stfu, you dont see me bitching about exp other than the bonus is (still) too damn high
baaabiessss

naw

Squire
03-21-2014, 04:31 PM
hybrids aren't allowed to complain about exp. reroll or stfu, you dont see me bitching about exp other than the bonus is (still) too damn high
baaabiessss

you 60 yet brah?

Potus
03-21-2014, 04:33 PM
know who else shouldnt complain? people with 60s
unless they put exp loss on pvp death back in
then cry all you want, your tears will sustain me

I will be level 60 sometime in the year 2017.

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
The problem all MMO's have experienced as of late is that when new players come to the game, they have to go through a long and tedious, often solo, leveling process to catch up to their friends in order to play with them. Games now a days are all about the content at max level, where the leveling process is more of a tutorial to learning your class. A journey you do once to learn about the elf world and who the evil orc king is and the god of doom and shit. The solution many MMO's have come up with is simply removing leveling by allowing new people to get instant max levels so they can actually play the game. This was particularly a problem with eq live where the barrier to entry was like 9000 AA's and 100 levels. No one sticks around with that high a barrier to actually play.

Red99 is the same way. You enter norrath a solo player, with pvp twinks, and a long awful 20 day played grind to 60. The barrier of entry is too high here, so people don't play, competiton at the the end game is stagnant due to not enough people to recruit, etc., etc. I don't get why the staff don't understand this. There's a server for the "journey" it's called blue99. People here see all this level 60 yellow text going off and all they think is "another 600 hours of played and I too can play this game."

There could be a journey though. If there was an active low level scene, with groups to be had, where your experience as a new player is not just being a naked newb getting ganked but grouping with established players playing their alts, to fight for xp camps, having fun while youre doing it, it could work. Sure the aim is to reach 60 in a reasonable amount of time, but it needs to be fun on the way up, too.

The problem is that theyre doing everything they can it seems to make sure this doesnt happen by making it real hard for new players to get a foothold in the server and making sure low level zones are naked apart from the occasional PLing group from which new fishes are excluded from or the lone newbie wondering if things are ever going to get better and if he should quit.

Again, at this point, i have a really hard time beleiving this is not a conscious decision on their part to steer the server in the state and direction they want it to be in.

And its a really shitty thing to do to people whove invested so much time on their characters, to engineer a ghost town server for them

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
baaabiessss

there's no bonus on red99 from level 50-60.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 04:39 PM
There could be a journey though. If there was an active low level scene, with groups to be had, where your experience as a new player is not just being a naked newb getting ganked but grouping with established players playing their alts, to fight for xp camps, having fun while youre doing it, it could work. Sure the aim is to reach 60 in a reasonable amount of time, but it needs to be fun on the way up, too.

The problem is that theyre doing everything they can it seems to make sure this doesnt happen by making it real hard for new players to get a foothold in the server.

Again, at this point, i have a really hard time beleiving this is not a conscious decision to level the playing field that way, and steer the server in the state and direction they want it to be in.

There is no way short of a wipe to ever create a vibrant low level and mid level game on red99. The server is over two and a half years old. It's too late. It's the same reason there's no "vibrant" mid level game on World of Wacraft or EQ Live. The game is too old and established. All it is now is a treadmill to get to max level to play the game. That's why many games are re-examining the leveling process.

Faerie
03-21-2014, 04:40 PM
there's no bonus on red99 from level 50-60.

Why should there be? 50-60 is where everyone is, the excuse of "we can't find groups" no longer flies imo.

Sektor
03-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Why should there be? 50-60 is where everyone is, the excuse of "we can't find groups" no longer flies imo.

the low pop is why people can't find groups.

Zade
03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
For the QQers. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsW9MlYu31g)

Tassador
baaabiessss

Love classic exp on classic server. This obviously a custom now so quit being so sensitive all the time. Maybe you are lactating.

Squire
We need a new deal, exp for every newb and a group in every dungeon, with variance and +/- 4 pvp for all.

Faerie
03-21-2014, 04:46 PM

I love how the comments are people complaining about Obama.

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 04:47 PM
There is no way short of a wipe to ever create a vibrant low level and mid level game on red99. The server is over two and a half years old. It's too late. It's the same reason there's no "vibrant" mid level game on World of Wacraft or EQ Live. The game is too old and established. All it is now is a treadmill to get to max level to play the game. That's why many games are re-examining the leveling process.

I dont see a reason why it wasnt possible, especially with velious, to entice new players to roll on red and have a snowball effect with people seeing a server hitting regularly say, 215-230 pop at peak hours to have even more people join in and there you go, you have your lowbie xp/pvp scene.

Well i see a reason, the xp nerf

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 04:48 PM

See thats the kind of contempt you can expect from the staff here in general

Were "QQing"

Real fucking mature and professional, well thought etc...

Squire
03-21-2014, 04:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-sA-NqMlvI

Tecmos Deception
03-21-2014, 04:54 PM
how bout a new server with classic exp forever, no bonus at all even if temporary
how bout no global ooc
+/-4 is classic but you can't change a server after years of +/-8
new server for new rules
classic as fuck
u'd play, u know u'd play

"u" are all playing already. That isn't what this whole thread is about.

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 04:58 PM

Here, you like youtube videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJlYGgSRguE

Juhstin
03-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Wipe it

Derubael
03-21-2014, 05:06 PM

Were "QQing"

It's extremely difficult to respond seriously to some of these threads when they continue to pop up every 2 days. Particularly when you've gotten responses from both Sirken and myself that things are being worked on, in multiple threads, multiple times.

We've told you guys changes are coming. Making an "XP" thread 3 times a week is not going to make anything move faster. It's not going to get the 2.0 modifier put back in either. It's up to you if you'd like to continue playing or not, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of these constant threads. When we have something to announce you'll hear about it.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't know how else to say this so I'm going to get worked up and use caps:

THERE ARE NO GROUPS ON THIS SERVER
THERE ARE NO GROUPS ON THIS SERVER
EVEN A 1000000% EXP BONUS WILL NOT CREATE GROUPS
EVEN A 1000000% EXP BONUS WILL NOT CREATE GROUPS
MELEES CANNOT LEVEL WITHOUT HEALERS
MELEES CANNOT LEVEL WITHOUT HEALERS
THERE IS NO ONE TO PLAY WITH
THERE IS NO ONE TO PLAY WITH

ok, I feel better now

Squire
03-21-2014, 05:09 PM
It's extremely difficult to respond seriously to some of these threads when they continue to pop up every 2 days. Particularly when you've gotten responses from both Sirken and myself that things are being worked on, in multiple threads, multiple times.

We've told you guys changes are coming. Making an "XP" thread 3 times a week is not going to make anything move faster. It's not going to get the 2.0 modifier put back in either. It's up to you if you'd like to continue playing or not, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of these constant threads. When we have something to announce you'll hear about it.

Might I make a suggestion then? author a stickied thread with comprehensive responses from Sirken and yourself rather than offer piecemeal responses buried in garbage threads.

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:12 PM
I give up. Obviously you guys with positions of power feel as if this is a dick waving contest and gm seriously post QQ to a very serious issue that is killing the server and factually killed the server twice before. Get a grip. RIP red99. Keep the people playing the game happy if the ultimate goal is to have a thriving server not the absolute opposite by randomly shutting down exp after server pop was nightly 150+ pushing 200. GG

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:13 PM
I mean we all know the issue. It isn't Derubael. It isn't Zade. It isn't Sirken. It's you know who. You know who doesn't really care for this server. He views us as trolls, a waste of his time, a disappointment. Our only option is to probably form a server wide boycott of all guilds and just stop logging in. The only way to affect change at this point is to hit them in the pop. Shrug.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Dunno leveling up on my shadow knight i see 0 problems with exp

This server had it ez mode for how many years? I came to play classic EQ not the EZ server u feels

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Dunno leveling up on my shadow knight i see 0 problems with exp

This server had it ez mode for how many years? I came to play classic EQ not the EZ server u feels

Ive counted at least 20 people NEW to server that have quit in the last two weeks. Due to not finding groups? naw.. people played and server was alive when exp was in game.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:18 PM
So what these people gonna go to blue and lvl up under the exact same exp?

If people wanted to play here they would.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Actually, it's far easier to level on blue because there are constant groups around the clock with no threat of constant PVP. But you're a troll who RMT'ed your level 60 monk here.

Exed
You obviously are retarded.

Twainz

Naw, more thread necessary so we can voice our opinions while bored at work.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:20 PM
The new people have it ez they do not have people like Strydur getting DKP to sit on your corpse for 12 hours. The exp + PnP is working great.

Twainz
03-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Actually, it's far easier to level on blue because there are constant groups around the clock with no threat of constant PVP. But you're a troll who RMT'ed your level 60 monk here.

Lvl 60 Ogre Warrior in 8 days played total. Think I hit 60 on Twainz after 22 days played. Tyva was 14 days played after being PLed.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Lvl 60 Ogre Warrior in 8 days played total. Think I hit 60 on Twainz after 22 days played. Tyva was 14 days played after being PLed.

You can also do things like chardok aoe on blue which you can't on red. It's not even a comparison, it's incredibly easier on blue. There's a huge market for low level items and mid level items which is non-existent here, constant buffs in east commons, around the clock exp groups even during euro hours, etc., etc. It's a joke. Here there's no economy, 3 players in your level range, and constant pvp and grief. But yaw the server is fine and healthy and there's nothing to worry about so stop QQing bros.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Heartbrand is so upset b/c he bleeds members like a menstrual cycle.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Yes, Red Dawn is the only guild on red99 that suffers from attrition. You definitely hit the nail there. Nihilum has no massive attrition issue, FoH, etc. /facepalm.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:25 PM
You can also do things like chardok aoe on blue which you can't on red. It's not even a comparison, it's incredibly easier on blue. There's a huge market for low level items and mid level items which is non-existent here, constant buffs in east commons, around the clock exp groups even during euro hours, etc., etc. It's a joke. Here there's no economy, 3 players in your level range, and constant pvp and grief. But yaw the server is fine and healthy and there's nothing to worry about so stop QQing bros.

If you want a EZ PvP server go play WoW

Nirgon
03-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Does this mean beta numbers are rising? If Red held steady then yes this would be a correct assumption, however it's not.

I think the Velious beta is as popular as the other EQ Emu servers with cruddy Velious on them.

However, I see *massive* gains being made on Velious by the staff here. I have a SUSPICION once Velious is cleaned up (classic features being shown respect and BERG is on his game)... that pop will rise.

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:29 PM

Hey Derubael why fix something not broken bro? ultimate goal is to have server thrive amiright? 150+ weeknights, 200+ weeknights so pull the plug and promise change is coming to rise a pop YOU guys crushed? not sure if srs..

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Chewie, you haven't even been spotted online since the great Soda Chewie forum war of 2014. Plz make like the whalers and get out.

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Guk mobs 2 hard for me chewie, need that gukpro to teach me. get off forums and back to guildraiding ghoul lord bro. lots of newbs need yaks el oh el

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Exed spent 4 months at lvl 55 farming cloaks when we had a exp bonus, if the dude aint 60 that is fucking funny. YES GMS PLZ FIX THE SERVER FOR THE CASUALS WHO WANT IT EZ

Infectious
03-21-2014, 05:34 PM
#expgroupbonus... It sucks that this is the only legit emu out. Exp dont bother me if there is actually people to play with. But when the current server has 0 gms on, 80 people playing and someone spamming ****** in ooc is just dumb. Then Gms great idea is too turn off ooc.

Come play on this server for a week and wonder why the fuck we need ooc.
The same people that run the usa must run this emu, cause I swear some of the dumbiest ideas come from up top.

Instead of ignoring us and serving us the same bullshit, could you atleast let us know who are gm is this month?

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Exed spent 4 months at lvl 55 farming cloaks when we had a exp bonus, if the dude aint 60 that is fucking funny. YES GMS PLZ FIX THE SERVER FOR THE CASUALS WHO WANT IT EZ

The pegassassin did big things for his guild. Can I say the same for you? You are a scrub and the only thing youre known for on red99 is having an irl meltdown. Calling a suicide watch for this kid.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Remember that meltdown u had in guildchat/ts while drunk ? shit was epic

u had to get on your knees and suck hard to get back in lulz 0 pride

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 05:39 PM
It's extremely difficult to respond seriously to some of these threads when they continue to pop up every 2 days.

Then dont barge in a discussion if all you have to contribute is "Keep QQing and we might make it even worse"?

(Talking about zade)

Sure you dont have any news to add, but minimal respect would be to not deride and troll people who see the server deteriorating week after week

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:40 PM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/32/full/ogouihgcfcycg1mhymfjhnzwf.gif

hey exed u worried about the grind for the reroll?

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/0208hts_zpsaf57272b.jpg
feels good man

What can I say Chewie. 2v8 or so right? Twainz had his cleric there, Murda, youre whole scrub crew and you hted me after making 3 of you plug. GG? stop forum questing and lets do the 1 v 1. Char deletion stated if you beat me in legit 1v1.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:41 PM
#expgroupbonus... It sucks that this is the only legit emu out. Exp dont bother me if there is actually people to play with. But when the current server has 0 gms on, 80 people playing and someone spamming ****** in ooc is just dumb. Then Gms great idea is too turn off ooc.

Come play on this server for a week and wonder why the fuck we need ooc.
The same people that run the usa must run this emu, cause I swear some of the dumbiest ideas come from up top.

Instead of ignoring us and serving us the same bullshit, could you atleast let us know who are gm is this month?

This. Why is the solution "remove ooc" when you could easily park an AFK staff character and then read the OOC log once a day, once a week. Hand out 2 week instant suspensions. Second offense permanent ban. You'd never see an offensive comment in OOC again.

Same with the forums. Why are forum accounts not attached to emulator accounts and why don't they require SMS authentication? Why not require activation for new forum accounts OR put in a 30 day waiting period to make a post? Troll posts would die instantly. This shit is so easy I don't get it.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Maybe that is why your wife left you with your kid big exed u cry more than your kid

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:42 PM
nope dont remember i quit during a sky raid 0 pvp was around

try harder tho

Infectious
03-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Derubael is a guide, his word is nada. Can we get a gm to respond and not these throw away guides please?

Exed
Remember that meltdown u had in guildchat/ts while drunk ? shit was epic

u had to get on your knees and suck hard to get back in lulz 0 pride

No credibility in your words. Youre a sad soul quitting the game and still forumquesting.

Rellapse36
If you put 1% of the effort u do while you are rustled ona elf forum

You probably would still have a wife.

heartbrand
Relapsed's version of PVP was sitting naked afk @ his bind and then petitioning that he was being bind camped.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:44 PM
No credibility in your words. Youre a sad soul quitting the game and still forumquesting.

o yea? i have the text message u sent crying to your ex

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Heartbrand's verson of running a guild is leveling people up and feeding them to Azrael and Nihilum then making exp threads so he can level more people up to do the same th ing

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Maybe that is why your wife left you with your kid big exed u cry more than your kid

http://s29.postimg.org/9joawgppz/asd.jpg

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Jesus Christ relapsed just what are you mad over? So much hate. Its ok put the pistol down man. BREATHE this is just a video game.

Zade
03-21-2014, 05:49 PM
LoL, Im on a power trip? RAAARGHRAGHRAG yea, im totally the type to power trip, fosho. Basically, we've said it so many times already that at this point, it IS QQ and only QQ that you guys need to do to advance forumquest. As deru, sirken, and I have stated, changes are coming.

But evidently you guys do not comprehend when we type things like that out. So, for you special 4 or 5 people...

WE KNOW YOU'RE STRUGGLING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...
FORUMS NOT GOOG PLACE FOR SUGGESTIONS!

thanks HB. that works.

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Heartbrand's verson of running a guild is leveling people up and feeding them to Azrael and Nihilum then making exp threads so he can level more people up to do the same th ing

Sounds like HB is helping out the box then. If we had a couple more HBs the population might be 200+ still.

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 05:52 PM
LoL, Im on a power trip? RAAARGHRAGHRAG yea, im totally the type to power trip, fosho. Basically, we've said it so many times already that at this point, it IS QQ and only QQ that you guys need to do to advance forumquest. As deru, sirken, and I have stated, changes are coming.

But evidently you guys do not comprehend when we type things like that out. So, for you special 4 or 5 people...

WE KNOW YOUR STRUGGLING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...

thanks HB. that works.

Whats the problem with us discussing issues with the lack of progress with incentives to balance out the xp nerf?

If you took the time to read the thread, think about it and not kneejerking its QQ youd actually see that this is more constructive than most of the posts i see here like

"youre a fag"

"No, YOURE a fag"

Clearly its an issue when Staff views a thread like this one as QQing and not feedback to ponder.

If some of its been said before, big deal, dont read it if its such a painful excruciating experience for you to go through

Zade
03-21-2014, 05:54 PM
fixed it, settle down grammer police. also, to rebute your reply, read the last 3 lines

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 05:54 PM

CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...

thanks HB. that works.

We know you guys have said "things" so many times before it just baffles people why you are so secretive and vague with all your comments. It truly makes it look like you are just kicking the can down the road because you have no clue what is actually in the works.

You don't have to say exactly what the plan is but why not say.

+/- 4 level range on pvp is still being decided on

exp bonus - we are still deciding, we are leaning towards just doing a group bonus but waiting for rogean to give final word

pvp resist - these will be worked but won't happen until after velious

All you say are- big things are coming, then a month goes by.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 05:58 PM
GM's ain't the problem. Stop hating on GM's. They are like that minister from Iraq, just reporting what they are told to say from the upper management.

Exed
03-21-2014, 05:59 PM
We know you guys have said "things" so many times before it just baffles people why you are so secretive and vague with all your comments. It truly makes it look like you are just kicking the can down the road because you have no clue what is actually in the works.

exp bonus - we are still deciding, we are leaning towards just doing a group bonus but waiting for rogean to give final word

Squire
03-21-2014, 06:03 PM
http://s29.postimg.org/9joawgppz/asd.jpg

/signed /agree

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 06:03 PM
GM's ain't the problem. Stop hating on GM's. They are like that minister from Iraq, just reporting what they are told to say from the upper management.

Theyre sort of the link between us and the upper staff though. If all they think about when they read this thread is "huh huh, ill post a video of darth vader warning them it could get worse", and "OMG I hate reading feedback so much, can you guys stop?", yeah.

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 06:04 PM
best part of this thread is multiple green posts with 0 forum bans on guy calling out someones RL

Squire
03-21-2014, 06:07 PM
We know you guys have said "things" so many times before it just baffles people why you are so secretive and vague with all your comments.

this.

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 06:08 PM
best part of this thread is multiple green posts with 0 forum bans on guy calling out someones RL

See, theres that QQ talk we talked about again

Zade
03-21-2014, 06:10 PM

I can't be mad at this. It makes sense. Projected change notes may make everyone happy. But, if we gave you a list a month ago of what was going to change, you would expect it to be live by now, and when it didn't, you would be mad because you are waiting for the patch. If something during the development process happened where we could not give you what we had previously mentioned, people would explode. Nothing is set in stone until it goes live, and even then it changes. The bottom line is that the staff is trying to create the best possible server. We listen to people's opinions when they are presented correctly and via the appropriate venues, and not in a rant filled tangent of a post in a public forum. I have gone out of my way dozens of times asking players for their point of views on particular subjects and have used those opinions to make changes to systems put in place.

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Then accept the flak for trolling this thread and lets move on

Colgate
03-21-2014, 06:13 PM
please stop saying that things are being worked on for this server because they are not

takes less than 5 minutes for rogean to add a group exp bonus

why has it been over a month then?

because he isnt going to because he does not give a single fuck about red99

Gaffin 7.0
03-21-2014, 06:14 PM
server needs xp, so many of these gm responses are childish sigh

Dacuk
03-21-2014, 06:19 PM
HI> THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE> CAPS LOCK IS SWEET> WE WOULD SURELY LOVE AN UPDATE THAT ACTUALLY PROVIDES SOME SORT OF INFORMATION RATHER THAN MEANINGLESS TEXT< AS THAT WOULD GIVE THOSE TRYING TO EXP ON THIS BARREN WASTELAND SOME HOPE> YOUR POST PROVIDES NO HOPE

CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
CHANGES ARE COMING...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...
PLEASE WAIT...

thanks HB. that works.

Derubael
03-21-2014, 06:21 PM

All of the changes have already been decided on. They are being coded, and we have specific plans for their release to maximize their positive effect on the servers population.

We understand your guys' concerns, and we sympathize with them. We are not dismissing your suggestions, opinions, or thoughts. CSR Staff is not allowed to talk about development related changes unless they have been announced by a member of the dev team, or have been given permission to do so. As Zade stated above, there are some good reasons for this.

When we're ready, everyone will know. Blue and Red. We <3 our red pals and want you guys to have lots of people to play with. We're going to put in a huge effort to make sure this happens. After that it will be up to you, the Red99 community, to keep them around.

Derubael is a guide, his word is nada. Can we get a gm to respond and not these throw away guides please?

http://i.imgur.com/PTIjjTX.png

Consider this your GM response :)

Zade
03-21-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't get this pop sometimes. We are telling you we know the exp sucks. We are telling you its coming soon. Yet, even after that, you all still complain, and then wonder why the staff doesn't listen.

Colgate
03-21-2014, 06:23 PM
pretty sure if you were planning on releasing things to maximize server population, you would have done it as you removed the exp bonus that everyone knew would kill the population

we get that it's not your fault; it's rogaine not doing it because he doesn't care

there's no reason to keep writing these long ass posts saying it's coming "soon" when it obviously isn't(unless your definition of "soon" is actually "sometime between now and next year")

Infectious
03-21-2014, 06:24 PM
I was just trying to get your ideas in this thread. Didnt know zade was gona show up.

Tubben
03-21-2014, 06:25 PM

Were "QQing"

I said my few words about this a few weeks ago and just left the server. 48 on blue now, with groups almost every day. I am a bit sad it's not red, but i just wont solo grind my way to 51+ without the bonus.

Infectious
03-21-2014, 06:26 PM
And on that note. All you had to say it sucks. Were all in the same boat now )

Faerie
03-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Then dont barge in a discussion if all you have to contribute is "Keep QQing and we might make it even worse"?

(Talking about zade)

Sure you dont have any news to add, but minimal respect would be to not deride and troll people who see the server deteriorating week after week

Lol what are you doing. Don't chase them away!

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 06:27 PM
I can't be mad at this. It makes sense. Projected change notes may make everyone happy. But, if we gave you a list a month ago of what was going to change, you would expect it to be live by now, and when it didn't, you would be mad because you are waiting for the patch. If something during the development process happened where we could not give you what we had previously mentioned, people would explode. Nothing is set in stone until it goes live, and even then it changes. The bottom line is that the staff is trying to create the best possible server. We listen to people's opinions when they are presented correctly and via the appropriate venues, and not in a rant filled tangent of a post in a public forum. I have gone out of my way dozens of times asking players for their point of views on particular subjects and have used those opinions to make changes to systems put in place.

I understand the mentality of not wanting to over commit but it is too late for that already. You made a change to the server and everyone was having a good time. You took out the exp bonus and then said don't worry a fix is coming that is big for the server. If you wanted to be vague then you have the fix implemented at the same time the exp is taken out. So for the duration of these changes you don't have the luxury of being vague and keeping people happy.

Not wanting to over commit is a lesson you can take going forward but that ship has sailed this time around.

The mentality right now is I don't want to have to level on a low population no group server when everyone else got an easier ride. I can just wait and big things are coming soon. Every week that goes by with nothing some people lose interest.

Even if no change was coming at least a response acknowledging this would put people to a decision to either stick with the server or not instead of this limbo stage people like myself are in. The people that don't have interest will leave anyways but you end up losing additional players that intended to stick around.

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't get this pop sometimes. We are telling you we know the exp sucks. We are telling you its coming soon. Yet, even after that, you all still complain, and then wonder why the staff doesn't listen.

But whats soon, you told us it was coming soon a month ago.

Not that you owe us a response, but are we talking about more 4 months or 3 weeks. Not because you owe it to us, but because you understand our concern and want to throw us a bone, some hope that what happened before isnt gonna happen again.

Theres a long history of server left to its own devices to deteriorate, and you wonder why were cynical about these kind of statements.

It took like a year of "QQing" on the forums for devs to wake up that xp loss in PVP was getting Nihilum a free lunch in raid zones.

And its deteriorating. Like a 50% drop since nerf was implemented. You cant hold it against people that theyre worrying about what this is going to do to the server they invested so much time in. Because as anyone whos been here for a while can anticipate, the downward spiral of population doesnt stop, its a negative snowball effect.

Devs should take the hippocratic oath that doctors take

"First, do no harm"

Meaning your first responsability as a "doctor" is to not make matters worse, patient is in limbo on the operating table right now.

http://ameditech.com/images/new/ameditech%20young%20doctor%20arms%20crossed%20a.jp g

Young doctors is what we need

Potus
03-21-2014, 06:40 PM
pretty sure if you were planning on releasing things to maximize server population, you would have done it as you removed the exp bonus that everyone knew would kill the population

we get that it's not your fault; it's rogaine not doing it because he doesn't care

there's no reason to keep writing these long ass posts saying it's coming "soon" when it obviously isn't(unless your definition of "soon" is actually "sometime between now and next year")

This. This times 10 million.

Not one GM has responded to this point. I've made it multiple times and it has been ignored.

So please don't act like we're being unreasonable here. You just wanted the EXP nerf because that's all you did.

Squire
03-21-2014, 06:54 PM
what I just don't understand why all of these changes were decided on, and being coded, but the exp nerf was introduced on its own with no explanation as a ninja nerf and a month having gone by, and possibly many months to go before anything is implemented to replace it.

VincentVolaju
03-21-2014, 07:08 PM
what I just don't understand why all of these changes were decided on, and being coded, but the exp nerf was introduced on its own with no explanation as a ninja nerf and a month having gone by, and possibly many months to go before anything is implemented to replace it.

Tecmos Deception
03-21-2014, 07:14 PM
no yt before level 10
im the silent killer nameen

So THAT'S why my first kill didn't yield a YT! I thought my animation or a mob stole it :(

Potus
03-21-2014, 07:18 PM

Yup, that is why until there's a huge patch that puts in group exp bonuses I'm going to stick to my narrative: They just wanted to nerf exp. That's it.

Cymeon
03-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Even if no change was coming at least a response acknowledging this would put people to a decision to either stick with the server or not instead of this limbo stage people like myself are in. The people that don't have interest will leave anyways but you end up losing additional players that intended to stick around.

Give this man anything he wants bcuz of sig.

Anything he posts is pure gold because of dat ass. Havn't read a word of it sorry. i see your name and scroll past words to sig.

Galacticus
03-21-2014, 08:27 PM
You guys really dont have to worry about offending the people here by not having a patch out.

You can always announce what is planned and say it will be implemented when its ready.

Even if you put a date out there, people getting mad because something isnt ready is just plain dumb.

They can get off their asses and test the beta server if they want to complain about it.

I think being clear with the population on the direction of the server will never negatively impact the server.

Gaffin 7.0
03-21-2014, 08:30 PM

Squire
03-21-2014, 08:34 PM
I think that saying "something" is going to happen for the server is treated as if its an answer to any question that is being asked.

If there are plans in the works, why not reveal plans?

They are just words that can be changed later.

What is there to hide or keep secret?

People keep asking what will be done and "something" isn't clarifying anything.

I know it has been said that you would like things done, but that isn't the same as a plan. If a plan is in motion then the decision is already made and what you would like or not like might or might not be part of that plan.

Because *by making promises that may not be delivered due to development obstructions or limitations, the developers statements may serve disappoint, anger, or alienate the player base.*

What I'm not sure if fully understood is that the current lack of communication, coupled with a leading foot in the form of a non-published exp nerf, punctuated by "you guys are imagining things, less qq, more pewpew." has actually done way more harm than a simple unfulfilled promise (a concept MMO enthusiasts of our vintage are quite accustom to).

I will say this however, to Deru and Zade, the post darth vader video responses have been the best I have yet seen on this topic from the staff, and while they provided no insight, they are much, much more in-line with the style of communication we need to cultivate a less toxic sentiment and interaction between staff and the player base. So, thank you for writing out a substantive and mature response despite not being able to give more information.

Galacticus
03-21-2014, 08:42 PM
*by making promises that may not be delivered due to development obstructions or limitations, the developers statements may serve disappoint, anger, or alienate the player base.*

Every decision that is made will do this on some level.

Squire
03-21-2014, 08:44 PM
correct, and my point being that of two options

1. Tell us stuff
2. Don't

the second and selected option has caused more negativity and player exodus in concert with the exp nerf and how it was initially handled. I get that devs can't tell everyone, everything, at all times. I do. But this has been a disaster which has cut the population by 50%. So perhaps staff (Not Sirken, Deru, or Zade.. but he who shall not be named.) should consider perhaps publication of development plans earlier than initially planned as a result rather than simply "Staying the course".

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/shakabuku/Politics/StayTheCourse.gif

Don't worry about dedicated neckbeards, they're not going anywhere, but lets assume a good 50 of the 100+ people who recently quit were new or returning players, many of them are gone for good with more leaving frequently, a little good news on behalf of the development team would at least apply pressure to the hemorrhaging of the exact type of people we need to attract and retain.

Faerie
03-21-2014, 08:47 PM
I like this Squire guy.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 08:59 PM
15 pages of tears done got two n half lvls since my last post lulz

exp is fine

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 09:55 PM
15 pages of tears done got two n half lvls since my last post lulz

exp is fine

He just said crackheads wont quit, werent you listening

Gaffin 7.0
03-21-2014, 09:57 PM
rellapse lvled both his chars to 60 during bonus dont let him fool u

Sheriff
03-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Chewie, you haven't even been spotted online since the great Soda Chewie forum war of 2014. Plz make like the whalers and get out.

Where can I find this trashy forum battle?

Tradesonred
03-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Maybe i went too hard on Zade with the Darth Vader video burn and he didnt mean it so seriously, but i took it sort of literally because it wouldnt have been the first time a GM sort of leans in with his authority weight to try to shut down a conversation.

dethbringre
03-21-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm sticking to my arguement that I've tried to make since the beginning of this exp nerf. I'm not in highschool anymore, I can't play 8 hrs a day anymore. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that most of the population here is in the same boat. We've all levelled a character to max on live with the "classic" exp. Since I've already seen the classic journey more than once, let's speed things up on here and get on to the fun stuff (end game).

Most players that P99 attracts are former players who have played live EQ in the past, they've already experienced the journey. This time around let's speed up this journey a bit and get on to the fun stuff.

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 10:13 PM
rellapse lvled both his chars to 60 during bonus dont let him fool u

Currently lvl 48 on my sk and u mad i got two toons to 60 b4 u got 1? I mean u did get griefed off on your epic rogue made u go to blue for like 4 months p lulzy

Swish
03-21-2014, 10:14 PM
The best time I can remember on red was watching that mass battle in DL a few months back (was too low to get involved). One of the devs watched it go down as well.

We all want more of that, and with the current state of the server its not going to happen. Whatever this magic solution is... implementing a group bonus, switching off ooc to help blue players see less toxicity, or whatever... why not put that in at the same time as nerfing the XP rather than leaving people hanging and making them log off?

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 10:18 PM
yes the DL battle was great 2 bad Heartbrand was a pussy and had to make an alliance with Nihilum

heartbrand
03-21-2014, 10:37 PM
I heard if you repeat a falsehood enough times it becomes accurate

Colgate
03-21-2014, 10:39 PM
so glad rolfron zek came out

Gaffin 7.0
03-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Currently lvl 48 on my sk and u mad i got two toons to 60 b4 u got 1? I mean u did get griefed off on your epic rogue made u go to blue for like 4 months p lulzy

i never got griefed off anywhere, i stopped playing eq for a while, sorry if you already almost got another lvl 60 with this current xp you have no life. so grats

Gaffin 7.0
03-21-2014, 11:14 PM
http://www.p99pvp.com/playerdetail.aspx?player=Rellapse

lol i got a better k/d than you on my cleric than 60 wiz yikes

lets throw in the 60 monk as well http://www.p99pvp.com/playerdetail.aspx?player=Relapsed

ouch

Rellapse36
03-21-2014, 11:58 PM
gaffin rustled he got griefed off red n banned on his rogue for being a fgt

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Gaffin you should tell us more about your prison exp

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1375190#post1375190

lol what a sad dude

SamwiseRed
03-22-2014, 12:55 AM
everything i know about prison came from movies like american me and shows like prison break.

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 01:09 AM
ive done time

thats why u dont see me quoting internet articles about piss colored coke

nawmean

beating up your wife and spending 10 days in a county jail for domestic violence is not doing time lulz

and yellow coke is the purest coke u can get should l2drug

Bazia
03-22-2014, 02:05 AM
if being in prison is cool i guess i have the coolest family in the world

jeffd
03-22-2014, 03:12 AM
why do ppl still play here :confused:

Tradesonred
03-22-2014, 03:31 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PxtUDwmhqMs/R3wseKylxYI/AAAAAAAAAHA/__f4DuRHjSw/s320/neckbeard.jpg

Tradesonred
03-22-2014, 03:37 AM
I mean we all know the issue. It isn't Derubael. It isn't Zade. It isn't Sirken. It's you know who. You know who doesn't really care for this server. He views us as trolls, a waste of his time, a disappointment. Our only option is to probably form a server wide boycott of all guilds and just stop logging in. The only way to affect change at this point is to hit them in the pop. Shrug.

Drakaris
03-22-2014, 04:20 AM

Should donate imo, money talks ;)

hint
03-22-2014, 04:23 AM
wish i was related to relapse so i could understand the amount of joy his family will feel when he finally ODs

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 11:56 AM
rustled

Kergan
03-22-2014, 12:46 PM
We're the 10% of the population that generate 50% of the petitions, can't blame the higher-ups for wishing they never created this community. :)

Maybe it's just time to say F it, flip on the SZ ruleset crank exp up to 1000% and go full post-apocalyptic thunder-dome style.

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Maybe it's just time to say F it, flip on the SZ ruleset crank exp up to 1000% and go full post-apocalyptic thunder-dome style.

1000 posts of worthless shit and finally you make a good one..congrats

Squire
03-22-2014, 12:51 PM
We're the 10% of the population that generate 50% of the petitions, can't blame the higher-ups for wishing they never created this community. :)

+ permadeath

Kergan
03-22-2014, 12:53 PM
1000 posts of worthless shit and finally you make a good one..congrats

Thanks bro.

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 12:54 PM
np

Fame
03-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Azure
03-22-2014, 02:36 PM

wud be fun

Infectious
03-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Yellow coke is the purest? Nada my friend, color has 0 to do with purity. Its about texture and what you can burn it at. Pure cocaine has a chunky almost scaley texture(fish scales). If you hold to the light it should be translutent, like a pearl. So to answer your statement. Cocaine isnt yellow. Its yellow cause someone used B12 and not nodose. If its powder it aint anywhere near pure cause it was chopped up with a cutting agent that was already powder.

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 05:38 PM
looks like someone should lay off drugs

Gaffin 7.0
03-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Yellow coke is the purest? Nada my friend, color has 0 to do with purity. Its about texture and what you can burn it at. Pure cocaine has a chunky almost scaley texture(fish scales). If you hold to the light it should be translutent, like a pearl. So to answer your statement. Cocaine isnt yellow. Its yellow cause someone used B12 and not nodose. If its powder it aint anywhere near pure cause it was chopped up with a cutting agent that was already powder.

this guy gets it, dont bother trying to teach autistic kid, he never seen or heard of fishcale

Infectious
03-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Looks like you should play the fucking game or go out and try to live your life. Guessing you're under 30, no kids,no girlfriend and live with a family member? Well I came up in the 80s where cocaine was like going out for a drink. I own a business, a house and have 1 child. So before you go on the drug topics lets compare lives and see who the loser is????

P.s. Im not supporting drugs, just dumb when people make stupid drug comments cause they heard the tv while their mother was watching cops.

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 05:58 PM
my dad could beat up your dad

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_color_is_pure_cocaine_before_it_is_turned_int _crack?#slide=1

"What color is pure cocaine b4 it is turned into crack?"

"Pure cocaine has a yellow tint. It is not pure white.Most cocaine sold in the US is white b/c of the cutting medium."

Wiki > white suburban nerds

Infectious
03-22-2014, 09:37 PM
You said good cocaine is yellow... Like saying a car is fast cause it is red. Sit the fuck down little man.

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 09:45 PM
pure cocaine is yellow u mad bro?

Infectious
03-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Yup thats what a retard in a corner does... In another life you will be a somebody.

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 10:19 PM
dont be mad at me cuz u dunno wtf ur talking about

Aenor
03-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Gms promote Pantheon by allowing us to pay IRL cash for XP pots for Velious.

Glad to see RMT is being allowed out of the shadows.

freez
03-23-2014, 01:55 AM
sum1 mad late tonite

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 04:06 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Wait+For+It.+Wouldn+t+wanna+be+the+red+car+D_9bfdc 5_3319489.jpg

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 11:02 AM
lol poor hateraid stayed up late last night mad @ me

Not_Kazowi
03-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Too much mad on the forums. Why y'all trying to impress each other on elf sim so much

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Too much mad on the forums. Why y'all trying to impress each other on elf sim so much

Dat unspent testosterone

Not_Kazowi
03-23-2014, 01:58 PM
I am a huge fgt that needs to be b&

I can do that too bro

Ames who?
03-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Angry nerd. Bad sense of humor. Can tell by sig.

Angry Mexican. Bad sense of fashion. Can tell by over sized suit.

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Angry Mexican. Bad sense of fashion. Can tell by over sized suit.

laughed out loud

Squire
03-23-2014, 02:23 PM
Ames means yesterday is Arabic. True story.

Humerox
03-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Ames was a helluva pvp shammy. True story.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Ames is a huge jerkface but I had fun duoing with him back in the day.

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Sitting around judging men's looks and their fashion. Def not gay or anything....
You and Relapse should hook up.

How did that date with a tranny go ?

Ames who?
03-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Ames is a huge jerkface but I had fun duoing with him back in the day.

I am nothing short of a complete gentleman.

Ames was a helluva pvp shammy. True story.

The goog ol' days

Ames means yesterday is Arabic. True story.

Interesting. I know it also means "perfect eyebrows" in German.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 04:12 PM
I am nothing short of a complete gentleman.

Remember that one time you gave me a peridot?

Memories...

Clark
03-23-2014, 04:53 PM