PDA

View Full Version : Server Status, Patch Notes

Rogean
10-21-2009, 02:13 PM
I’m still waiting for IP on the server to be unblocked, but the game server is running, so whenever the data center unblock it you guys can jump right in without waiting for me. Until then, It will show up on the loginserver with 0 players (It connects to the LS because its still able to communicate in the internal data center, but any external packets are null routed away).

<s> OOC and Auction is no longer Global</s>
Replaced crazed goblins in butcher with less crazed versions. (Nilbog)
Maesyn Trueshot quest updated. (Aeolwind)
Fixed the Kobold aggro when zoning to Sol B from Sol A. (Xzerion/Wenai)
Captain Bosec in HighKeep is partially fixed. Please hand in Left Goblin Ears ONE AT A TIME. Hope to get a complete fix in for the near future. (Wenai)

<s>Edit: Due to the removal of global OOC and Auction, we will be enabling the chatserver system in the near future.</s>

tsonka
10-21-2009, 02:17 PM
If /Aution is no longer global mabay EC tunnel will be the selling area now :)

Lenowin
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
That'd be nice, EC tunnel or NFP would be sweet.

Somekid123
10-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Whats the point of removing OOC and auction if your going to add the server chat system? Its no different then auctoning or going LFG in one of the channels, chances are there will be a main public one.

Villert
10-21-2009, 02:35 PM
That could be good - and bad. Hopefully it works out for the best.

Gah, fix mend! ;-)

Zexa
10-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Whats the point of removing OOC and auction if your going to add the server chat system? Its no different then auctoning or going LFG in one of the channels, chances are there will be a main public one.

That's exactly the point. If we want to join the public global channel we will. OOC was just too much. I had a maxed ignore list in the first week.

beamers
10-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Hopefully the global chat channel is enabled soon. I don't feel the server has anywhere near the population to turn off global /ooc :confused:

Excision Rottun
10-21-2009, 02:42 PM

Because you can opt to join or leave the global chat channels.

You can't do that with OOC.

Rikarik
10-21-2009, 02:47 PM
i think you can choose to filter out /ooc from in the options menu, i may be wrong, it could just be the later expansions let you.

Lenowin
10-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Nah you still can, but a lot of people don't know how, and they end up getting stuck with OOC and cry about it if they can't handle adult, or in a lot of cases childlike discussion topics.

President
10-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Since it's not global does that mean it still has to be PG13?

Rogean
10-21-2009, 02:58 PM
We're going to be a little more relaxed on swearing as long as people don't overdo it, and still no racism. Keep in mind theres a difference between swearing while talking to someone and swearing AT someone, and the latter can still get you in trouble depending on severity, especially if its at a GM/Dev.

Bigcountry23
10-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Maybe no global OOC/Acution will calm down some of the "no boats = not classic' people. Worse case senario, I don't have to hear them complain about it anymore. :)

Rikarik
10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm glad you were able to get the server up and working again as quick as you did Rogean. I dunno what I'd have done today, it's pouring rain, and has been since I got up.

Taluvill
10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I like the boats, but its too much to try and attempt to fix them if there isnt time. i'd MUCH rather have gameplay issues working than boats, just my opinion though.

and i really would love to see a global chat channel. the servers population isnt high enough yet to support us without it. I think if we got to 500 people we could do it, but still.

its tough, although i understand the reasoning behind it.

Aeolwind
10-21-2009, 03:12 PM
For those wondering why boats are so difficult, here is the snippet of part of the code from East Freeport. There are actually a couple more parts to it but this is the base.

## INVISIBLE ONE!!
## SirensBane travels from oot to oot to freporte and back
## Angelox
## Qadar
sub EVENT_WAYPOINT{

if($forceboats==1){

if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Checking");}

if($freportelastseen==$sirens){ #boat hasnt changed waypoints yet
if( ( (($sirens>=0) && ($sirens < 14)) || ($sirens == 100))&& ($freportetimer >= 34)){ #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in Butcher
if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in Butcherblock heading to OOT, hasn't moved, giving up and moving it to OOT");}
quest::delglobal("sirens"); #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to fp
quest::setglobal("sirens",14,7,"F");}
elsif(($sirens>=14) && ($sirens < 39) && ($freportetimer >= 34)){ #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in OOT -> FP
if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in OOT heading to Freeport, hasnt moved, giving up and moving it to Freeport");}
quest::delglobal("sirens"); #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to oot
quest::setglobal("sirens",39,7,"F");}
elsif(($sirens>=39) && ($sirens < 60) && ($freportetimer >= 34)){ #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in Freeport
if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in Freeport heading to OOT... hasnt moved, giving up and moving it to OOT");}
quest::delglobal("sirens"); #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to butcher
quest::setglobal("sirens",60,7,"F");}
elsif(($sirens>=60) && ($sirens < 100) && ($freportetimer >= 34)){ #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in OOT -> Butcher
if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in OOT heading to Butcher... hasnt moved, giving up and moving it to Butcher");}
quest::delglobal("sirens"); #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to OOT
quest::setglobal("sirens",100,7,"F");}
else{ #increase the timer
my $tempvar = $freportetimer+1;
if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker hasn't moved, increasing timer to $tempvar");}
quest::delglobal("freportetimer");
quest::setglobal("freportetimer",$tempvar,3,"F");}
}else{ #boat has changed waypoints, tell freportelastseen its new waypoint, reset timer to 0
if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker seems to be moving ok");}
quest::delglobal("freportelastseen");
quest::setglobal("freportelastseen",$sirens,3,F);
$freportelastseen = undef;
quest::delglobal("freportetimer");
quest::setglobal("freportetimer",0,3,7);
$freportetimer = undef;}}

if($debuglpl==1){quest::shout("Sirens is set at $sirens");}
if($sirens==39){
quest::depopall(10196);
quest::delglobal("sirens");
quest::setglobal("sirens",40,7,"F");
$sirens = undef;
quest::spawn2(10196,24,0,-1654.87,-655.925,-80,46.5);
}
}

sub EVENT_SIGNAL{
if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Fake boat depopping!");}
quest::depop();
}

President
10-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I always thought it was funny when my buddy with a slow ass computer would take too long to zone and would always zone in and fall into the water as he watched the boat zoom off.

Bones
10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Glad to see server is fine, and no permanent damage.
To the people freaking out about no global chat, /who all (lvl)-(lvl) works great for finding group members. Only problem, we have to encourage people from going anon/roleplay till the serverwide chat service is implemented.
However, I'm going to enjoy EC tunnel trading now :)
Also, forums work perfectly for trading if you do not wish to sit in EC tunnel.
There's a forum channel now dedicated strictly to trading.

Smashed
10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I had a slow computer, and sometimes I would zone into freeport or butcherblock and wouldnt load the zone by the time the boat had returned to OOT. So I would zone right back into OOT without ever being able to move my character. I could get stuck in OOT for quite a while this way. Ah, fun times...

Either way, getting rid of global ooc is great. Honestly ooc chat was just turning poisonous against both the GMs as well as the game itself. This is a welcome change.

President
10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
To the people freaking out about no global chat, /who all (lvl)-(lvl) \.

FYI there is no "-" between levels in this game that will mess up your /who..

/who all 5 10 or so will bring between 5 and 10

Zithax
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
That's exactly the point. If we want to join the public global channel we will. OOC was just too much. I had a maxed ignore list in the first week.

^

I applaud the introduction of serverwide chat to replace ooc... /autojoin general guys!

Bishop
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Sometimes for some zones /who all unrest or /who all highpass works as well, I've noticed.

Sorbek
10-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Just fyi I was just able to log in and am in game.

Nytewind TP
10-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Just fyi I was just able to log in and am in game.

*W00T!* Back to the grind.

Falisaty
10-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Not fair I just got to work... I have to wait 8 hours to have my fun... @2300 cst look out because lvl 5 mage LFG in CB!!!

girth
10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Is there a way to prevent comments on the main page. Since you can reply here on the forums, there is no need to have 2 places.

Haynar
10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
As far as boats go, the ones on Shards of Dalaya work really well. I do not know if the devs there would share what they did to fix the boats. But that might be an options.

Haynar

khysanth
10-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Just promise me that if you DO add global channels, that they WILL be removed once the population is high enough (e.g. 500ish).

Global chat != classic in any way.

I'm scared because people are going to create global channels for auctions, LFG, etc., and while they are convenient, they don't promote the classic feel that the server strives for at all. Plus, once you give them those, it'll just be another ruckus when/if you take it away (as you should).

Blink
10-21-2009, 06:56 PM
We're going to be a little more relaxed on swearing as long as people don't overdo it, and still no racism. Keep in mind theres a difference between swearing while talking to someone and swearing AT someone, and the latter can still get you in trouble depending on severity, especially if its at a GM/Dev.

Is there anywhere we can view a list of rules?