PDA

View Full Version : Wyverns in Cobalt Scar

Kindadar
03-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Wyverns in Cobalt Scar should be dropping quest armor gems(non-chest), along with fake ones. Here is a post that I dredged up:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010708013914/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5566

RE: Faction? (and gems I have looted...) By: Palarran, Guru
99 posts
Posted @ Mon, Mar 19th 7:39 AM 2001 Score: Excellent[5.00]
They are on ClawsofVeeshan faction, but do NOT affect faction when killed.

I have looted the following from wyverns:
Chipped Onyx Sapphire
Chipped Black Marble
Crushed Topaz
Crushed Black Marble
Flawed Aquamarine
Flawed Chrysolite
Flawed Emerald
Flawed Flame Emerald
Flawed Flame Opal
Flawed Opal
Flawed Sea Sapphire
Flawed Topaz
Imperfect Diamond
Nephrite

They also drop arctic wyvern hides, which can now be used to tailor shaman-only armor.

Gems By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Mar 6th 9:00 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
This little baddies are great exp soloing for players in high 40's to low 50's. Added bonus have looted quest gems from them. Have received two jaundice gems and chipped onyx sapphires.

Between Elethia, Flippie, and myself we've killed ~250 wyverns or so and haven't seen any drop. They may be EXTREMELY rare now, but haven't seen any indication of them on the loot tables.

I'm not exactly sure what the drop rate is supposed to be, but I remember seeing about 1 gem(real or fake) every 2-3 quads a long time ago. These used to be a GREAT source of cash back for wizards/druids on live.

Kin

Daldaen
03-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Nah they were more common than 1/8-1/12.

It was closer to 20-25%. You should see 1 per quad basically.

happyhappy
03-20-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm not exactly sure what the drop rate is supposed to be, but I remember seeing about 1 gem(real or fake) every 2-3 quads a long time ago. These used to be a GREAT source of cash back for wizards/druids on live.

Kin

Will back that up, lived off on these and fishing off the cod during med time for most of my velious times. Should be in the 10% drop rate range.

nilbog
04-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Modified, pending update.

Increased the drop rates