PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Misty Acorn - ground spawn

Daddori
03-19-2014, 12:56 PM
I have been searching the forum but have not been able to find any post linking any info concerning the ground spawn of Misty Acorns in Misty Ticket. If I am wrong, I apologize.

Zone: Misty Ticket
Item: Misty Acorn
Spawn: Ground Spawn
Problem: P1999 ground spawn different from live

I have been able to find only one useful link about this matter, but it is quite informative anyways:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4096

Personally, I camped these a lot on live, both foraging and picking up from ground. This was in the Live time of Kunark to PoP.

However, while searching for them here I had much more luck finding them on Live. On Live I would find them faster than I could forage them. Here on p99 I have yet to find my first ground spawn. As a side note I have of course dropped one of my foraged acorns on the ground so that I am 100% sure that they look as they should look and what light source/display settings would optimize my search.

It is relatively clear from above thread that the acorns can spawn anywhere at any given time, and with my experience from live I can confirm this. I can also confirm about 8-10 spawns up at a time on Live (although not 20 as “basicxp” states in the thread), and that spawn time for each should be around 6 mins or so after it was picked up.

On Live a ground spawn would re-spawn after a certain amount of time, (I have personally witnessed this several times, time maybe also 6 mins?) which made sense since the acorns could spawn anywhere really and therefore also unseen locations (underneath NPCs, in boundaries or maybe underneath stones and trees) where none would ever have the chance of finding them. I am uncertain if this is in place on p99.

Another matter that is mentioned in the thread that I can confirm is the location of at least 2 spawns always spawning in 2 different smaller areas (2 spawns in each little area) as “ReaverSkarthiCT” also states. This is not in place on p99.

I appriciate your time and thanks in advance :)

Erati
03-19-2014, 03:04 PM
never found morning dew on ground in Faydark either

but have found those speckled mushrooms on ground in LesserFay Fairy camp

nilbog
04-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Pending update,

Added 15x random Misty Acorn ground spawns in Misty.

These are set to start spawning with Expansion:Velious, so they will be present on beta server, but not live, until that time.