PDA

View Full Version : Coldain War Wolf - loot check

Schortt
03-19-2014, 11:14 AM
I've killed ten of these now (and about 200 regular tracking wolves to get them to spawn) and have gotten 8 war wolf chokers and two that dropped just pelts.

The uncommon loot should be a Velium War Wolf Choker. I understand I could just be getting RNG'd here but seeing some drop nothing but a pelt made me suspicious. I want to make sure the item is on the loot table before I camp more of these. I need one to finish testing the Coldain Military Wristguard quest in Kael.

Thanks!

nilbog
03-19-2014, 11:23 AM
It wasn't dropping at all. That is fixed, pending update.

From what I read, it should not be uncommon though, but rare in place of the regular collar.

Also, I don't believe it is necessary to do the collar turn in to proceed to the acid part of quest, but yeah would be nice to test for dialogue etc.

Schortt
03-19-2014, 11:57 AM
I've seen mixed reports on the Wristguard quest. Turning in the collar is supposed to get you the harness that you need later in the quest (as well as give you the dialogue hint to continue), but some people say turning in the gem later on gets you the harness as well.

Currently the Wolf Tamer will eat the Giant's Gem of Persuasion if it's turned into him by itself (with amiable faction, which is high enough to start the quest dialogue) so I assume I need to have the harness as well. I'll post more on this later once I can test the quest with the Velium War Wolf Choker.