PDA

View Full Version : Protector of Growth - still some issues

Schortt
03-18-2014, 10:48 PM
The old thread on this has since been moved to resolved issues, so I assume the new aggro script went in: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1362279

I went to Growth to check the behavior of the PoGs and found further issues with FD and invis.

1. PoGs will aggro you when you zone in even if you are invis. As the evidence in the last thread showed, zoning into growth with invis on was perfectly safe and a common practice to get a raid situated before having to deal with PoGs.
2. If you zone in and #reset the PoGs while you are invis, they will not reaggro on you as long as you stay invis.
3. If you zone in and FD while invis, the PoGs will lose aggro. You can then immediately stand up and run around invis and get no aggro. You get the same results by zoning in uninvis, FDing, and then using an instaclick invis item (Ring of Shadows in my case).

So, the aggro script works for invis people already in zone, but something's not working for invis people zoning in.

4. A successful FD will cause PoGs to lose aggro, but they will then reaggro you while you are still flopped (unless you're also invis). The aggro script appears to be ignoring FD status and only checking invis. I was able to confirm successful FDs by utilizing #invul and #reset. Nothing will break FD while invuln, so the PoGs would sit there beating on my successfully FD'd body while Treah and other mobs would walk right over me. I reset the PoGs repeatedly and they would always come back to beat my successfully FD'd body once the script ran again.

So, a successful FD properly causes PoGs to lose aggro, but the aggro script will cause them to put successfully FD'd people on their aggro list as soon as it runs again. This should not be happening; FD should function as usual with regard to PoGs.

nilbog
03-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Added a check for FD, pending update.

There is something going on with invisible when zoning in. Having that looked into.

bulbousaur
03-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Indeed, there was a TON of gem loot in PoG.

nilbog
03-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Hm, well the gem drops do exist on the common npcs in growthplane. It might be too low? But too high is worse. I'll let some more killing occur before changing it. I can assure you they can drop the gems though.

Regarding the 'dire wolf' model, no nameplate is intended. The image you linked is from luclin->

Fysts
03-21-2014, 10:39 PM
The gem drop rate on live had to be well over 50 percent, I spent hours upon hours farming PoG with a bard kiting pogs. Drop rate was at minimal 3 in 5, if not more. Also it was the premiere place to farm blue diamonds.

Fysts
03-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Obviousely the date is a little off but gives relevance to drop rate.

RE: PoG gear?? wtf??
#Mar 02 2003 at 4:25 PMRating: Decent
Navarra
Scholar
98 posts
Went there exping recently with my chanter and a group... plenty of cash drops, nearly every mob dropped something in fact, and we got a few pieces of monk armor (luckily had a monk along!). We cleared some of the SW area/west wall, only 1 named.

Fysts
03-21-2014, 10:51 PM
A bunch of info you can use to tweak any changes that need made.....

Jul 05 2001 at 3:32 PMRating: Excellent
DraaxVZ
Scholar
16 posts
Doktoor Roksteady, a fellow bladesinger and master pogpuller wrote this on our guild message board. I think that it's good enough to share with everyone.

OK, so you want to pull PoG? MUAHAHA! GL, you're heaping on yourself work and pain.

Ok, where to start...hmm, the beginning. PoG is pulled in sections. Before you read this...go to EQ maps and everlore and check out the maps of PoG so you know what I'm talking about.

PoG is a rectangle. The stream flows North to South the long way. One end is the waterfall, the other is the lake. The entrance is in the SouthWest corner...not too far from the lake. Tunare's tree is on the east side of the river, about midway between the east side of the zone (other side of teh river).

Ok, how to pull. First thing is, you have to clear mobs by species or they end up getting in the way down the line (had to clear all the wolves/horses you missed last night before we could pull the named tree).

1. RELY ON TRACK: Hit track before you start out...pull these mobs first. As you clear stuff out, run out just a few seconds and you can track all teh way to the river. As soon as you get a mob, use track to get back too by tracking group members.

2. PULL ALL MOBS ON WEST SIDE FIRST. The river is kinda a boundry. It separates the easy mobs (west flat side) from the harder mobs (east side...mountainy). The west side mobs drop the little armor (hands, bracer, boots, helms). The east side dorps the BP's and legs...both sides drop arms. While pulling the first side, you should pull as soon as you drop off mobs...they just get killed really fast and its more time efficient.

Ok, now how to do it. The first pull location is on the wall behind the port entry. (POGS INC EVERY 27 MINUTES FROM HERE).If you are on the west wall there (looking east) Hang a right first. Pull in the same direction so you clear the mobs out of a particular area. First go right, then go straight, then diagonal left, then straight left along the wall to clear a path to where you're gonna pull next. The first thing you do is pull all the horses and gale wolves. As you go diagonal, start getting some Spirit flux wolves (cannot be mezed).

DONT PASS RIVER. Its too long of a pull and there's better places to pull from. When all the gale wolves and horses are dead, you can start pulling North so the group can move towards the watefall. You'll start pulling the glade staukers and Sanguine Kodiaks. Pull it first so you dont get adds. NEVER MOVE THE GROUP UNTILL RIGHT AFTER POGS. This is uber important. We've had alot of CR's cause we moved, had adds, then had pogs come.

When you moved, you moved to the right place, you just hadnt cleared everything out. From the next spot (midway between the portal and the waterfall) you'll finish pulling the Spirit Flux wolves, Sanguine Kodiaks, and Glade staukers (POGS EVERY 28 MINUTES FROM HERE). Note: Again, looking east, pull diagonal right, straight, digonal left, then left all the way to the water fall. You can then move to the watefall (POGS EVERY 26 MINUTES FROM THE WATERFALL).

Thats the west side. Its actually really easy. The hard part is the East side which entails pulling the entollings, Feral Amalgyms, Phase Pumas, Sylvan Proctectors, and Thiftlings. Of these mobs, only the Feral Amalgyms can be mezed but only by a lvl 55 plus enchanter.

Pulling the phase pumas: If you want to pull the Keeper of the Glades, you have to get all the Phase Pumas. Theres usually 15 of them, but sometimes more or less. Everything on the east side has a HUGE wandering range unlike the mobs on the west side. This makes it really tough to pull them as you have to run a trillion miles to get them all.

When pulling the phase pumas, stay off the wall. The entollings mostly wander closest to the wall and you'll aggro like 5 of them if you get too close to it. The first thing you do when you pull the phase pumas is clear the close 10 to 15 mobs so you dont aggro them on the way back. EVERYTHING ON TRACK THAT YOU CAN PICK UP AT THE WATERFALL MUST DIE or you'll train. After you kill the close stuff, theres a nice channel to pull all the phase pumas thats nice and flat. It goes right past Tunare's tree. At the waterfall faceing South by Southwest, you'll run over a couple hills and find this channel. I'll try to show it to you next time we're up...running the same route back and forth is UBER important cause you'll just pick up lots of sh*t. You cant pull phase pumas without CoH btw. Eventually, you'll aggro a ton of sh*t and need it.

How to CoH pull the pumas. Get one on track and comit to pulling it. As you run, keep hitting track so you grab the closest one. I often stop to let the track button repop so i dont run too far. OK, youve pulled a puma and you now got 2 pumas, 3 entollings, and a Feral amalgym on you on your way back. Track your group, follow the channel back. The channel ends when the grass turns from light brown to light green, then you have to run over a couple small hills. CALL FOR COH RIGHT AS YOU HIT THE CHANGE IN TEH GRASS. With your group on track, you'll want to have the message saying "ahead and to the right." Dont run right at em or you'll run into them. Object is to get summoned with the mobs straight out in front of the group so you can go pull them. AFTER YOU CALL FOR COH, SWITCH TRACK FROM GROUP MEMBER TO A PHASE PUMA. This way, as soon as you get summoned, you can head right for it.

As you start to run out of phase pumas, you'll have to run really really far. The end range of the Puma's is right where the Serene Forest Spirits Start. These are yellow and green lvl 60 mobs that look like giant will o wisps (yellow ones drop bards legs/bp, green ones drop shammy legs/bp. IF you wanna pull these, you gotta pull them from the lake and you have to clear the Sylvan Protectors first). Before you pull the Keeper, you have to run all teh way into them, hit track, and check for more pumas. If you dont get them all and you pull the Keeper, its a CR. NEVER PULL A NAMED MOB UNTILL AFTER THE POGS. This is another thing i've learned by trial and error. When pulling the phase pumas, dont pull any with less then 5 minutes left before PoGS.

THIFTLINGS: Dont pull the thiftlings till i've shown you exactly where to set up, where to run, where to aggro, where to CoH, then how to pick them up. This took me a million tried to figure out and i found a good way of doing it, but i'll have to show you, I cant write it down. The thiflings are in 2 camps Each camp has around 10 thiftlings and a Protector which is a lvl 61 bear (pretty easy on his own). One camp also has Ordo and his assistant. Ordo's assistant drops the cleric/sk bp. He's around lvl 56. When pulling thiftlings, always have an FR buff cause they'll nuke the sh*t out of you.

Feral amalgyms and syvan protectors: You have to kill all teh Sylvans to pull Treah Greenroot. These 2 mobs have the largest range of any mob in PoG. They range the entire west side of the zone from North to South. Try and pull as many Feral Amalgyms as possible since theydrop the warrior BP and legs (which is really the most important gear up there as far as getting to ToV is concerned). Its a good idea to move the group along the river to P1200 P700 to pull all the Sylvans if you want to get Treah. THis is where clearing the west side is essential: If you dont clear the west side, the mobs will wander on to you at the river. The pathing for west side mobs goes east to west between teh west wall and the river.

SIDE NOTES:

1. Never pull the east side without a Coher.
2. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have MR or GMR buff on since you will have 478394738 root and snare attempts. If you get rooted or snared...you're dust.
3. HAVE DEFTDANCE HOTKEYED AND DONT BE AFRAID TO USE IT OFTEN.
4. Keep a FR buff up when pulling the West side.
5. Get yourself a countdown timer for pogs. YOu cant pull pog without a timer. You cant count on someone else to time the PoGs for you.
6. Wear resist jewelry. Keep FR and CR above 100 or youll get nailed with ICE which is a comon spell for them to cast. Its 640 dmg DD and its all or nothing. You want it to be nothing...if your CR is below 100, itll hit you alot. Over and you'll resist it 99 percent of the time.
7. Keep 2 illusions (iksar/de and werewolf) on top. You'll get dispelled ALOT (especially on the west side) and you dont wanna lose your MR or HP buff.
8. Direct traffic: Tell people what to hit and mez on multi pulls or they'll stand around like idiots or they'll attack a random mob and break mez. Dont be afraid to call targets. Make sure if you pull 2 spirit flux wolves(cant be mezed), for instance, that you /shout to split them or all the idiots will get on one or sit there waiting for something to happen.
9. ALWAYS ALWAYS have DMF when pulling the east side, especially for phase pumas.
10. WHen pulling the entrance mobs, make sure you vear around the entrance so you dont aggro the invisible Whorl of Natural energy. If you do, its like a 3 minute spawn so it'll be right back up. If you aggro it, make sure to hit escape, let it hit you, then /shout for everyone to assist you and kill the whorl or it'll kill everyone.
11. When pulling the west side, try to pull 2 at a time when you're pulling close to the river. This cuts down time down alot.
12. When you first enter the zone, the PoGs inc inc 4 to 5 minutes.

Mobs that CAN be mezed:
All horses.
Glade staukers
Sanguine Kodiaks
Gale wolves
Feral Amalgyms (55 plus chanter only)

Mobs that CANT be mezed:
Spirit Flux wolves
Sylvan Protectors
All entollings (totem men)
Phase Pumas
Thiftlings
Serene Forest Spirits
PoGs

Loot:
Horses: Wiz/necro/mag boots/gloves/helm/arms/bracers
Farstide Unicorns: All class arms (rare)
Gale wolves: Cleric/SK Boots/gloves/helm/arms/bracers
Sanguine Kodiaks Monk/chanter Boots/gloves/helm/arms/bracers
Glade Staukers: Bard/Shammy Boots/gloves/helm/arms/bracers
Spirit Flux wolves: War/Rogue Boots/gloves/helm/arms/bracers
Sylvan Protectors: Chanter/monk Chest/legs/arms
Feral Amalgyms: War/rogue Chest/legs/arms
3 different kinds of entollings drop Wiz/mag/necro Chest/legs/arms
Serene Forsest Spirits: (yellow) Bard chest/legs/arms. (green) Shammy Chest/legs/arms.
Thiftlings: Cleric/SK CHest/legs/arms

Keeper of the Glades: All class legs (summons Phase Pumas)
Odongo Bodongo: All class legs (summons entollings)
Fayl Everstrong: All class chests (summons entollings)
Treah Greenroot: All class chests (summons sylvan protectors)
Grohl Strongback: All class arms (bear...dont think he summons anything)
Also a named horse that drops arms...cant remember name.
A Giant Totem (near lake) Doent drop sh*t.
Ordo's Assistant: Cleric/SK BP
There's also a named Serene Forest Spirit (same lvl as Keeper) that summons all the whisps...weve never killed him cause we've never cleared the whisps.

Ali the Elder (bad arse...stay away from him.
Rumbleroot (bad arse, killer dot. stay away from him)