update from

GMs.

So that

we can

feel good

about

waiting

longer.

Help us Rog-sirk Derubiwan Kenobi.... you're our only hope.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkot6w6QHJ1qcrzkko1_500.gif

Fame
03-18-2014, 03:20 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130325211147/degrassi/images/1/1f/Catfight_spit_mouth.gif

Galacticus
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
http://www.thenerdfilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/toxic-avenger-3.gif

fiegi 8.0
03-18-2014, 03:33 PM
update is keep waiting

blue diamonds didnt get removed till like 9 months later from when they said they were goin 2 be

u got a good 8 months to go

Sirken
03-18-2014, 03:42 PM
We need an

update from

GMs.

So that

we can

feel good

about

waiting

longer.

Help us Rog-sirk Derubiwan Kenobi.... you're our only hope.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkot6w6QHJ1qcrzkko1_500.gif

PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan

a player’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Rogean’s early apprentice.

Ready are you? What know you of ready? For many years have I helped players. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be helped. A good player must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A good player craves not these things. You are reckless.

You think Sirken stops teaching, just because a player does not want to hear? A teacher Sirken is. Sirken teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill.

The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.

Agatha
03-18-2014, 03:49 PM
sirken plz don't mistake my recent rants about server as rants against the GM's/you. I hope i was clear enough that the problem doesn't rest at your feet!

keep up the good work sirken, thanks for you're time and commitment.

Colgate
03-18-2014, 04:01 PM
uthgaard would have honestly been the best thing for red99

HippoNipple
03-18-2014, 04:02 PM
sirken plz don't mistake my recent rants about server as rants against the GM's/you. I hope i was clear enough that the problem doesn't rest at your feet!

keep up the good work sirken, thanks for you're time and commitment.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sW65ilskOC8/TIjoGcdgDlI/AAAAAAAAhP8/oUkPpWKpLYM/s1600/VinceMcMahonAssKissing.jpg

Tradesonred
03-18-2014, 04:03 PM
uthgaard would have honestly been the best thing for red99

Yea fuckin ban 80% of the server on the flimsiest of reasons and then we could wipe it

Colgate
03-18-2014, 04:05 PM
people would learn real quickly not to do scummy shit with uthgaard around

marie
03-18-2014, 04:06 PM
uthgaard told me and sam that he got booted from the team when he found out what rogean was doing. just gonna stop myself right there tho!

Colgate
03-18-2014, 04:07 PM
uthgaard dug a lil too deep into the mountain and awakened a balrog u no?

Tradesonred
03-18-2014, 04:08 PM
people would learn real quickly not to do scummy shit with uthgaard around

Yeah scummy shit like telling him one of the GMs is acting like a corrupt cop

Ut: Oh yea? Here tell it to the ban

Colgate
03-18-2014, 04:11 PM
do you go outside and fuck with beehives?

Sirken
03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
uthgaard told me and sam that he got booted from the team when he found out what rogean was doing. just gonna stop myself right there tho!

thats probably what i would have said if i was him too. i'm not going to talk shit about Uthgaard, he was good for the server until he wasn't. but i will say that you are about as dumb as a bag of rocks if you think thats why he was removed from staff.

Potus
03-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Uthgaard sent me a mean PM one time after he kept locking my threads on Mem Wipe.

He was a douche bag.

Vile
03-18-2014, 04:38 PM
some good Forum Quest going on here

HippoNipple
03-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Image responded to a comment I made on this forum today with a serious response for his server. Wish that guy was a part of the project 1999 team.

Potus
03-18-2014, 04:49 PM
My favorite part of this thread is that people think the devs are going to do anything else.

There's just the exp nerf. If they were going to buff groups or change the pvp levels they would have done that at the same time.

This is the new normal.

Recycled Children
03-18-2014, 05:10 PM
http://www.thenerdfilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/toxic-avenger-3.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/60dPesfMcWtws/giphy.gif

Tradesonred
03-18-2014, 05:20 PM
My favorite part of this thread is that people think the devs are going to do anything else.

There's just the exp nerf. If they were going to buff groups or change the pvp levels they would have done that at the same time.

This is the new normal.

My bet is server will hit 20s again regularly and go oh maybe it wasnt such a good idea after all and put xp back

HippoNipple
03-18-2014, 05:33 PM
My bet is server will hit 20s again regularly and go oh maybe it wasnt such a good idea after all and put xp back

I wouldn't mind if this happens and almost count on it. I have been tricked in the past by leveling during no exp bonus and will never do it again. After I quit they had ridiculous exp bonus for Kunark opening and everyone got 60 in a couple weeks.

I will hover and come back to level my rogue from 54-60 when some exp mods are put back in.

Tradesonred
03-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Bleh i doubt ill be wasting time on server again

I like playing here, but how many times can they get this thing wrong

Tinfoil theory is probably right, they just dont want pop to go over 200 and as soon as it gets there again, theyre gonna nerf it again.

HippoNipple
03-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Bleh i doubt ill be wasting time on server again

I like playing here, but how many times can they get this thing wrong

Tinfoil theory is probably right, they just dont want pop to go over 200 and as soon as it gets there again, theyre gonna nerf it again.

I'm not too worried about the population. You never want to count yourself out forever and burn bridges on this server. Just take a break and come back when they flip flop rules again.

Potus
03-18-2014, 06:21 PM

Yup, whatever chucklehead in charge right now will lose interest in the box and a new guy will show up and increase exp.

Tradesonred
03-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Its just so demoralizing because i want to like the server, i enjoy fucking around in PVE and PVP. But not knowing exactly what the fuck theyre playing at with this dumb nerf the pop when it gets close to 200 thing is really annoying.

Are they just clueless? Or theyre doing it on purpose?

If thats their aim i just dont wanna play here anymore because i can only enjoy the server if i think it hits 150+ regularly and we might double or triple it.

150 regularly is like the strict minimum for me to consider playing, if i know theyre just gonna nerf the pop each time it hits 200 regularly i have no interest in wasting my time here

Zade
03-18-2014, 08:01 PM
***UPDATE****

there is nothing to be updated at this time.

Tradesonred
03-18-2014, 08:10 PM
http://scienceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Borat-Supplied-5862946.jpg

Squire
03-18-2014, 08:11 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/50931-Colbert-slow-clap-gif-tOP4.gif

Drakaris
03-18-2014, 08:13 PM
***UPDATE****

Hi Zade!

Be a pal and throw us a bone!

Infectious
03-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Tin foil on, rogean george bushed us... Made a fake person, a patsy(platlord) and then finally found him and banned him. Redguides is taliban and platlord is bin laden.
P.s. Dont ban me, just tryin to fit in with the other 50 people that play on my server.

Galacticus
03-18-2014, 09:17 PM
I appreciate the update bros. Now everyone can stop making posts that you aren't paying attention but rather no new development.

Potus
03-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Eight days elapsed between the announced Red99 changes by Deru and the stealth nerf on Feb 23.

It's now been almost a month and the devs still have nothing.

vouss
03-18-2014, 11:24 PM
ecoli sounds like he's on the verge of a breakdown IRL, sounds very attatched after playing for 1 week, creepy kind of clingy.

Silent
03-19-2014, 01:00 AM
beastagor on verge of breakdown, why? what happened what did I miss

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 01:33 AM
ecoli sounds like he's on the verge of a breakdown IRL, sounds very attatched after playing for 1 week, creepy kind of clingy.

"she called me mental, can you believe that? ILL SHOW HER WHO'S MENTAL" i say to nobody, combing the hair on a coconut

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 01:39 AM
Salem u got poopy pants

Smedy
03-19-2014, 01:40 AM
***UPDATE****

A+

What happened to the teams idea? that shit could be completely awesome bros!

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 01:41 AM
A+

I think id put a rubber glove on a long glass bottle and try to figure out where my prostate is before rolling another toon on a P99 server

Sirken
03-19-2014, 01:45 AM
A+

after velious is out we'll talk about teams.

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 01:48 AM
Are you gonna merge or is it going to be a separate server

Done with the prostate thing

Smedy
03-19-2014, 02:18 AM
after velious is out we'll talk about teams.

Sounds great pal!

Are you gonna merge or is it going to be a separate server

Done with the prostate thing

Teams should be its own separate thing imo, i would love to see 4 level pvp range, and item loot for the teams server, that would be epic

With the new code base that red99 has and the knowledge we have in our backpacks that server probably be very successful, can't expect the first run to be flawless, practise makes perfect

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 02:25 AM
Sounds great pal!

Teams should be its own separate thing imo, i would love to see 4 level pvp range, and item loot for the teams server, that would be epic

With the new code base that red99 has and the knowledge we have in our backpacks that server probably be very successful, can't expect the first run to be flawless, practise makes perfect

I think teams will fail badly well see lol

Not saying this in a griefy burn it down way

First, its gonna finish red99

then, its gonna be hard to get the pop right, one side will get OP, people will quit, hard coded teams = no people to PVP once you win

Thats my nostradamus call on it

Smedy
03-19-2014, 02:28 AM
red99 is dead in my eyes, it's like beating a dead horse but due to their own commitment to "never wipe" they are wasting their own time, the box will pickup about 50-100 on velious release but will quickly drop down to 50 on eurotime again and with the insane gear gap that's coming with velious pvp is going to become really boring

Galacticus
03-19-2014, 02:48 AM
Team doesn't work.

One team will be the best with the best guild and people will flock to that team leaving other teams with big disadvantages, especially if the population isn't well above 300+

If you limit the people to a team that needs people or try to balance it then people cant play with their friends and get mad or they cross-team.

Teams are great if there are like 900 people playing with 300 on each team.

The reality would be that if 900 people were playing, 500 would be on the winning team, 300 on the second best and 100 on the worst.

It wouldn't be one guild with 100 people pushing you and your guild around but a 500 person team of people with many guilds working together against you if your not on the right team.

Fawqueue
03-19-2014, 03:31 AM
Team doesn't work.

One team will be the best with the best guild and people will flock to that team leaving other teams with big disadvantages, especially if the population isn't well above 300+

If you limit the people to a team that needs people or try to balance it then people cant play with their friends and get mad or they cross-team.

The reality would be that if 900 people were playing, 500 would be on the winning team, 300 on the second best and 100 on the worst.

It wouldn't be one guild with 100 people pushing you and your guild around but a 500 person team of people with many guilds working together against you if your not on the right team.

I thought the same thing about Blue back in December of '09. No way can a player-run emulation with 100 people work! There won't be anyone to group with! The economy will be non-existent! Nobody will enjoy it! Doom and gloom!

Thankfully I played anyway, Blue grew rapidly and all my fears were unfounded. So don't be surprised if a teams server functions just fine, or even draws in a fresh group of bodies. We can't predict what's really going to happen, so lets see how this plays out.

Pudge
03-19-2014, 03:34 AM
Team doesn't work.

easy solution, just give benefits to the lower-populated teams. i suggest +2 to each stat across the board for every 1% that a team is behind. ways to calculate this can get a little more complex with 3 teams, but it's easiest to just measure against the most populated team. (this means that the 2 lower-pop teams will have slightly more trouble fighting between each other, which promotes fighting against the zerg a bit more often)

Ex:
Team 1: 40% pop - 0 bonus
Team 2: 35% pop - +10 to all stats and resists bonus
Team 3: 25% pop - +30 to all stats and resists bonus

Now, wouldn't you choose team 3 if you held no allegiances? in reality, teams would never get this far apart, because any new players will simply roll on the less populated teams in order to reap the benefit of + stats.

Creative solutions. there is always a way....

Potus
03-19-2014, 03:38 AM

Agreed.

Smedy
03-19-2014, 03:50 AM
if you go teams its pretty obvious that you need to make it custom, there's no reason that all teams shouldn't have all classes, that was dumb on verants part when they designed teams servers.

there can be more choices to teams then to base it on race, how about diety? If you're a human believing in innoruuk you've evil, if you believe in brell you're good, or whatever

pudge throwing out some good ideas too, i mean there's tons of ways to make teams work, don't box yourself in to that "it's classic" bullshit cause watch where that put red99, in the shitter

Potus
03-19-2014, 03:56 AM
I want to see a Tunare-worshipping Gnome Necromancer.

Galacticus
03-19-2014, 03:58 AM
easy solution, just give benefits to the lower-populated teams. i suggest +2 to each stat across the board for every 1% that a team is behind. ways to calculate this can get a little more complex with 3 teams, but it's easiest to just measure against the most populated team. (this means that the 2 lower-pop teams will have slightly more trouble fighting between each other, which promotes fighting against the zerg a bit more often)

Ex:

Now, wouldn't you choose team 3 if you held no allegiances? in reality, teams would never get this far apart, because any new players will simply roll on the less populated teams in order to reap the benefit of + stats.

This could work but it doesn't fix everything. How can we prevent cross-teaming? Lets say the best guild in Team 1 wants to keep dominance so they ally with the best guild on Team 3. Now Team 2 has to fight the Guild with more people and better gear and the team 3 with better bonuses then them.

This happend all the time on Sullon Zek. The evil team would work with the good team to keep the neutral team in the number two spot and the good team would do it because they wanted to become number two and dont have to worry about getting killed by the evil team. This generally went on by the top guilds of each faction not everyone was cross teaming, but unfortunately all of the team depends on its top guild to do well for everyone.

It was illegal there to cross team there but you cant force people to kill someone they dont want to.

It kind of reminds me of the current 3 guild situation we have now except people can change and move guilds and they cant do that with teams.

If you really think about it, teams are just like forced guilds. Guilds on a team server are like guilds within a guild.

Whats the purpose of forcing people to commit to a team choice that could have negative concequences years down the line with nothing they can do about it but reroll?

sunmilk
03-19-2014, 04:07 AM

Ex:

Brand new to project1999, but used to play on Sullon Zek (good) during Velious and Luclin. Anyway, interesting thread... for a team-based server setup I think it is very important (potentially even crucial) to have some means of balancing the lower populated faction. I think that balancing around stat points is an interesting idea--giving the underpopulated faction(s) basically some sort of stat compensation to make up for the gear they are probably unable to get. In that way, I think it offers a sort of partial solution to the problem, but not a solution to the overall problem which is population imbalance. Giving a faction better stats doesn't really explicitly encourage an increase in population for an underpopulated faction.

I think a more direct solution would be to reward the underpopulated faction with some sort of exp incentive. Exp rate *obviously* correlates with population, to a certain degree... but especially within a context of a given server. If one faction is getting rewarded more exp because they are incredibly underpopulated, I think it is safe to bet that newcomers will be at a CERTAIN ADVANTAGE to roll on the underpopulated force. This also would give incentives for people of the dominant faction to reroll, since leveling would be easier. Also, in Velious (or whenever AAs come out), exp boost starts directly correlating with stat increase as well, since those can be achieved with AAs. This sort of solution would help a server reach a population equilibrium more naturally than most others that I could think of.

Also, I will say that there was no counter-balance in place for population imbalance when I was playing on Sullon Zek. And I played on basically ... the extremely underpopulated/gimp faction, the goods :D I still had more fun that I knew what to do with, and that's a large part of the reason why I just downloaded project1999.

Sorry for wall of text, but..

TL;DR: Exp incentive for underpopulated factions.

Sirken
03-19-2014, 04:32 AM

Ex:

i like where your heads at sir. incentives to join the #2 and #3 teams is a damned fine idea. keep the ideas floating. we arent always posting, but we are always reading

Fame
03-19-2014, 04:45 AM
http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Obama-kick-open-door-gif.gif

Aenor
03-19-2014, 05:15 AM
uthgaard dug a lil too deep into the mountain and awakened a balrog u no?

Smedy
03-19-2014, 06:01 AM
I need to get the uncensored uthgaard story

thugcruncher
03-19-2014, 06:34 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/woah1.gif

Drakaris
03-19-2014, 06:58 AM
The thing is with sullon zek, they tried to balance things by having pvp tokens to buy expendibles from apvp merchant, such as corpse summon potions.

You don't need to balance the teams with passive buffs alone, but you could balance it by offering more tokens per pvp kill for the underdog team and occasionally putting big ticket items on a random pvp merchant such as cof.

You could get sticks that had 10 charge harmony, or gift of nature, or even group dmf.

Plus you could increase the bard track amount to make sure all 3 teams had proficient trackers.

Just food for thought.

Drakaris
03-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Also the problem with having passive stat buffs that make 1 team more op than another is that people would just create pvp rogue alts and use them to instagib players even more easily + plug.

They wouldn't contribute to the alliance they are on and just use them to gank the alliance opposite to their own.

For example, I roll evil. Nuets are equal pop. Goods are a major underdog. I create a good alt rogue, I mq an epic with the help of my evil guild. I get the rogue to a pvp bracket suitable for griefing. I hang around Nuet exp hot spots with a rogue that has +30ish all stats. I disc kill the opponents (if I'm 60).

I become a class A griefer and allow my mains faction to continue gaining new players.

The buffs basically should be more subtle. Allowing them to get more tokens for pvp kills and random big ticket items will give the underdogs a chance to get gear without raiding. Plus they will have more pvp targets making kill tokens easier to get.

Smedy
03-19-2014, 09:33 AM
drakaris surely speaks lots about balance while being on the side who brings 70 to fight 20

Azure
03-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Bump thx for the love GMs.

I don't log in because of IRL issues. Has little to do with this box and even this community. If I was happy IRL I would log in and be happy in Norrath 2. Keep on trucking.

Silent
03-19-2014, 10:33 AM
but we are always reading

HAVE MY BABIES, also float over to red tonight sometime. I will put in an official petition either way if any other GMs are around, just need a minor surname removal! I can't seem to stay on long enough except maybe raid times to find someone.

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 10:48 AM

Ex:

If theres a will, theres a way though

If not alot of fucks are given you get... red99

Im trying hard not to rip on the staff just cuz, but come on guys, take the flak and learn from it

Squire
03-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Racial teams ftw.

Combine elf and shortie team VS evil VS human teams.

Profit.

Pudge
03-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Also the problem with having passive stat buffs that make 1 team more op than another is that people would just create pvp rogue alts and use them to instagib players even more easily + plug.

They wouldn't contribute to the alliance they are on and just use them to gank the alliance opposite to their own.

For example, I roll evil. Nuets are equal pop. Goods are a major underdog. I create a good alt rogue, I mq an epic with the help of my evil guild. I get the rogue to a pvp bracket suitable for griefing. I hang around Nuet exp hot spots with a rogue that has +30ish all stats. I disc kill the opponents (if I'm 60).

I become a class A griefer and allow my mains faction to continue gaining new players.

The buffs basically should be more subtle. Allowing them to get more tokens for pvp kills and random big ticket items will give the underdogs a chance to get gear without raiding. Plus they will have more pvp targets making kill tokens easier to get.

I am also pro-"IP lock" basically, once your IP is associated with a certain team, you cannot create/log in a char on another team using that IP or Mac address.

Also, just like sullon, we should only be able to make one char (per IP) to start. Then after like 6 months maybe we can roll alts, but only for our own teams

Sheriff
03-19-2014, 11:33 AM
I am also pro-"IP lock" basically, once your IP is associated with a certain team, you cannot create/log in a char on another team using that IP or Mac address.

Also, just like sullon, we should only be able to make one char (per IP) to start. Then after like 6 months maybe we can roll alts, but only for our own teams

This!

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 11:58 AM
The thing is with sullon zek, they tried to balance things by having pvp tokens to buy expendibles from apvp merchant, such as corpse summon potions.

You don't need to balance the teams with passive buffs alone, but you could balance it by offering more tokens per pvp kill for the underdog team and occasionally putting big ticket items on a random pvp merchant such as cof.

You could get sticks that had 10 charge harmony, or gift of nature, or even group dmf.

Plus you could increase the bard track amount to make sure all 3 teams had proficient trackers.

Just food for thought.

Thats why i think teams will fail, its alot of work

Red is a tenth harder to get right and theyre struggling

That or theyre intentionally nerfing the pop each time it gets around 200, which would be really harsh and careless about time investment people have put in here over the years

mostbitter
03-19-2014, 12:19 PM
gross more teams talk why you guys gotta shit this place up with this nonsense? was enjoying this thread

Squire
03-19-2014, 12:44 PM
gross more teams talk why you guys gotta shit this place up with this nonsense? was enjoying this thread

Because I, personally, do not think any number of changes (even an impossible implementation of a PERFECT group bonus, PERFECT resists, PERFECT implementation of ooc which all parties approve of) will draw a sizable increase of new players to red99.

all "toxicity" aside, red has had a very, VERY tumultuous history since day one. fuck, the saga of Holocaust still haunts it. The very same mudflation of years upon years of Kunark and uncontested gear farming present on both red and blue dissuades new blood from joining red moreso than blue, because as we see almost daily new players get really upset when they're farmed for YT by Fungi wearing SK and Monk alts and level 20-30 epic rogues.

We call them babies, but it is what it is, it makes them quit.

But, a new box, a semi-clean slate, with Guises, Manastones and a hard coded support base for new players will attract new blood.

Likewise, a troll post put it well in stating that blue was "same xp as red, more pop", which is sort of true. Currently, without anything to differentiate it from blue than /pvp on, many people will as soon as play blue. You need a gimmick in addition to PvP to attract people, be it item loot, teams, zone control, pvp points/tokens, anything other than insta-discord book turn in and coin loot. Hell, an actual leader board would be a start.

mostbitter
03-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Red has actually seen a few different waves of new players. The thing about that is that every time it gets good something drastic is done which leads to those new players leaving the box. If every time we had gotten the pop near 200 the box had been left alone, or the changes had improved conditions rather than be detrimental we would have a population likely in the 500+ range.

Instead we continue to receive changes that produce a mass exodus of players. This teams idea is just another of many examples of things that drove away players who had developed interest in the box and then lost it when it seemed that the drive to make this server succeed wasn't that strong.

Seeing a large percentage of the players drool about teams just tells the people playing here that those people will leave in a heartbeat if given another option. That hardly inspires loyalty to this server.

Squire
03-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Red has actually seen a few different waves of new players. The thing about that is that every time it gets good something drastic is done which leads to those new players leaving the box. If every time we had gotten the pop near 200 the box had been left alone, or the changes had improved conditions rather than be detrimental we would have a population likely in the 500+ range.

Instead we continue to receive changes that produce a mass exodus of players. This teams idea is just another of many examples of things that drove away players who had developed interest in the box and then lost it when it seemed that the drive to make this server succeed wasn't that strong.

Seeing a large percentage of the players drool about teams just tells the people playing here that those people will leave in a heartbeat if given another option. That hardly inspires loyalty to this server.

I disagree. I started in Feb, along with many new players to the box. In discussions I've had with these people, many stated that the principle reason they started playing was 1) Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen caused them to consider reinstalling, read the p99 forums again, etc 2) They heard about a possible teams server in the future and wanted to get in some "practice" on red99.

Despite this, I'd say from among this wave of new blood about 20% survived the exp nerf. Most of this group was around level 30 or 35 at this point. 8 of 10 stopped logging in during the final week of February.

Koota
03-19-2014, 12:57 PM
What makes you think the staff wants to realistically approach a Teams based server when you're chewing up and spitting out the Red server a good lot of you begged for? The forums are fucking awful, and OOC is almost as bad. It's something like a group of kids that drew on the wall in their playroom, broke their toys and picked on other kids in the group THEN run to the adults asking for new shit. It's laughable.

heartbrand
03-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Problem with teams at the moment, and the staff are very cognizant of this, is that teams would 100% kill Red99 if it was released @ this point. You'd see basically 3/4th's of Red Dawn quit, probably all of Azrael, and anywhere between 1/5th and 1/4th of Nihilum quit, essentially crippling them in Velious, and killing any source of new recruits.

HippoNipple
03-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Then exp bonus would return and I could hit 60.

Sheriff
03-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Problem with teams at the moment, and the staff are very cognizant of this, is that teams would 100% kill Red99 if it was released @ this point. You'd see basically 3/4th's of Red Dawn quit, probably all of Azrael, and anywhere between 1/5th and 1/4th of Nihilum quit, essentially crippling them in Velious, and killing any source of new recruits.

Ya, but I didn't get to experience classic r99 content and it looked like so much more fun then anything that can be produced by the current server or the addition to velious. I want manastone camp pvps pal!

Squire
03-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Realistically I don't think we'd see teams for a very, very long time. As in many months into Velious, long after all of the principal raid mobs have been killed.

Having said that I don't think the staff would loose too much sleep over "killing" (and eventual merging of) the current red server, one a vocal portion of the community clamor for a wipe or plug-pulling daily, or diminishing a guilds' ability to recruit, as evidenced by the current status of exp and re-designation of red99 to a series of servers such as KIKI AND MIKE'S GODBOX [custom, ldon, bots] 2 ONLINE

mostbitter
03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
I disagree. I started in Feb, along with many new players to the box. In discussions I've had with these people, many stated that the principle reason they started playing was 1) Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen caused them to consider reinstalling, read the p99 forums again, etc 2) They heard about a possible teams server in the future and wanted to get in some "practice" on red99.

Despite this, I'd say from among this wave of new blood about 20% survived the exp nerf. Most of this group was around level 30 or 35 at this point. 8 of 10 stopped logging in during the final week of February.

Heresy quit en masse when teams was announced.

heartbrand
03-19-2014, 01:14 PM
The ultimate problem here will be that the box is currently owned by someone who doesn't really have a lot of spare time and interest in this server. Everything people are suggesting and proposing would make a lot of sense if it was owned by someone genuinely interested with free time or if it was a for profit venture.

Squire
03-19-2014, 01:17 PM
The ultimate problem here will be that the box is currently owned by someone who doesn't really have a lot of spare time and interest in this server. Everything people are suggesting and proposing would make a lot of sense if it was owned by someone genuinely interested with free time or if it was a for profit venture.

Its all mental masturbation at this point.

Sheriff
03-19-2014, 01:19 PM

Buy it HB or help finance is with all RMT money Sektor is allegedly getting and spending. How big of a pappa johns contract would you think would you guy's be needing to get this thing going?

Not_Kazowi
03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Someone posted a thread in RNF about the server shutting down in June. Is this really the case bros?

Sheriff
03-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Someone posted a thread in RNF about the server shutting down in June. Is this really the case bros?

You believe shit that comes out of R&Fs?

Not_Kazowi
03-19-2014, 01:36 PM
You believe shit that comes out of R&Fs?

I don't know dawg, just sayin

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Thats why i think teams will be a disaster, its more attention intensive than a FFA server and they can hardly manage red.

Box should be wiped and started again on solid foundations but wont happen, and either staff is lying to us about why theyre nerfing the xp or they have a really hard time learning from their mistakes

So i mean, a new box with same old mistakes, whats the point. Need some new team to come out of the woodwork or a new game, heh.

There wouldnt be a need to go nuclear on the server really. I hate to agree with Mostbitter but i do agree with what he was saying, if server was left alone instead of getting its xp nerfed a couple of times, we would have our 500 player server which they could then have tried to nerf xp on as an experiment.

ArchieBaby
03-19-2014, 01:54 PM
wtb reasonable exp.

Wrench
03-19-2014, 01:54 PM

thread deleted

one sec, need to go dig out my tinfoil hat

Twainz
03-19-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't know dawg, just sayin

Time to have my accounts banned

Zade
03-19-2014, 02:00 PM

no, OP is moran. Red is not getting shut down. don't listen to the Butthurt.

Imago
03-19-2014, 02:02 PM

Pras

Not_Kazowi
03-19-2014, 02:02 PM

Pras red99

Ty for the reaffirmation zade

Sheriff
03-19-2014, 02:11 PM

Told you so! ; p

Vexenu
03-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Conspiracy theory: Red XP intentionally nerfed to reduce population gradually ahead of an eventual merger with Blue/Teams, to minimize crying from active players.

Also, a lot of these "new" ideas for Teams (underdog team XP/stat bonus, IP restrictions, etc...) were covered in depth in a giant thread I made six months ago: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120312

This Teams ruleset remains the most comprehensive and best-received of any that has been proposed.

Tecmos Deception
03-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Do you guys really think enough new players will try AND STICK WITH teams to make it better than red is right now (let alone better than red will hopefully be when the stuff in the works finally hits live)?

Fame
03-19-2014, 02:25 PM
We don't wipe. - Red99

http://yoy50.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/dirty-underwear.jpg

heartbrand
03-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Do you guys really think enough new players will try AND STICK WITH teams to make it better than red is right now (let alone better than red will hopefully be when the stuff in the works finally hits live)?

I personally HATE the teams ruleset concept [not being able to kill asshats just because they are artificially on "my team], but from my talking to many people YES, there is a far larger market for teams than red99 because it is far "bluer" by nature. It has much more of that, blue99 with a side of pvp aspect than red99 does.

Buhbuh
03-19-2014, 02:28 PM
be cool to poll blue for people who would roll on Teams.

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 02:37 PM

Its not getting shut down but any kind of new PVP server will nuke its population to insignificance, so not too far off.

Im kind of curious what kind of numbers a teams server could draw

If it gets 400-600 it could work for a while, but i dont know, investing all that time just to know its gonna spiral down again, not too tempting

It was so simple to leave red alone and let people slowly build up the pop through word of mouth, fuckin xp loss in pvp, PnP, xp nerfs....

Faerie
03-19-2014, 02:44 PM
GMs, any word on when server will be back in Legends list? Starting to feel like it was probably done purposefully :/

HippoNipple
03-19-2014, 02:48 PM

The possibilities if Devnoob/Image were running Red99.

Zoolander
03-19-2014, 02:49 PM
GMs, any word on when server will be back in Legends list? Starting to feel like it was probably done purposefully :/

Twainz
03-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Time to have my accounts banned

That is not what I said. =*(

heartbrand
03-19-2014, 03:00 PM

It was done on purpose, and has nothing to do with the GM's. The answer to almost every question or concern you or anyone else may have about the box can usually be answered with: you know who.

Gaffin 7.0
03-19-2014, 03:02 PM
my latest petition, "thanks for letting us know" resolved

Faerie
03-19-2014, 03:06 PM
It was done on purpose, and has nothing to do with the GM's. The answer to almost every question or concern you or anyone else may have about the box can usually be answered with: you know who.

That's what I was afraid of. Funny how blue server got "Starting Zone" forum while the pvp crowd was engaged in serious talks about making the leveling game easier/more viable.

Wrench
03-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Beta population is 10% of reds, that's healthy. That's the logic they use when comparing red to blue right?

Beta has 7 people.

an amazing point

pls shutdown the beta server

Vile
03-19-2014, 04:15 PM

heh, we were also told XP bonus wasn't taken out when it was... see you guys on blue :D

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 04:33 PM
heh, we were also told XP bonus wasn't taken out when it was... see you guys on blue :D

Lawl also got the msg when i got banned from forums "If sky is still falling in 7 days feel free to continue posting how im wrong a 100 times" or something

Its been a month and sky still falling, absolutely 0 measures added

Faerie
03-19-2014, 04:35 PM
sky still falling

This would make a funny sig, but that's not my style :)

Vile
03-19-2014, 05:19 PM
red99:
http://www.propertyqwest.com/blog/uploaded_images/real-estate-sky-falling-760877.png

Tradesonred
03-19-2014, 06:41 PM
The update, here it comes

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Kool_412df7_1064833.gif

Vile
03-19-2014, 06:45 PM
The update, here it comes

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Kool_412df7_1064833.gif

<Forum Quest> material imo!

Gaffin 7.0
03-19-2014, 06:45 PM
lol

Gaffin 7.0
03-19-2014, 07:16 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/k6idf.jpg

Squire
03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/k6idf.jpg

Lol'd in the middle of a lecture.

thugcruncher
03-19-2014, 09:54 PM
why don't you share with the rest of the class

Squire
03-19-2014, 10:32 PM
why don't you share with the rest of the class

And reveal my hidden neckbeard shame to the world? Never.

Galacticus
03-19-2014, 10:52 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u6/nickclaw/24nk3g53.gif

Silent
03-19-2014, 11:22 PM
awwnold is conan zy barbarian yaw what a bad movie

Galacticus
03-19-2014, 11:30 PM
awwnold is conan zy barbarian yaw what a bad movie

Pretty sure millions of people disagree with you criticizing a movie from over 30 years ago...

mostbitter
03-20-2014, 02:11 AM
Conan was a great movie, name another movie where 50 minutes in the main character banged 3 babes and murdered one of them mid coitus. There isn't one. he even fucked one so hard she came back to life.

Aenor
03-20-2014, 02:21 AM
This Teams ruleset remains the most comprehensive and best-received of any that has been proposed.

Naw. Rep yo City owns yo shit dawg.

Squire
03-20-2014, 02:30 AM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2i1i5qv.jpg

Smedy
03-20-2014, 02:34 AM
i <3 conan, the first one is legit

Potus
03-20-2014, 03:12 AM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2i1i5qv.jpg

They'd be better off doing deity wars and letting certain classes be different deities.

Tunare Gnecros :cool:

Tradesonred
03-20-2014, 03:14 AM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/11/21/arnold-schwarzenegger-total-recall.jpg

Tradesonred
03-20-2014, 03:15 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2014/1/24/1390579103701/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-017.jpg

Tradesonred
03-20-2014, 03:17 AM
http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/a/arnold-schwarzenegger-will-return-as-conan-119362-470-75.jpg

Juhstin
03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/11/21/arnold-schwarzenegger-total-recall.jpg

Constipated?

Squire
03-20-2014, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4lnVx2BAYk

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28stzbn.jpg

Juhstin
03-20-2014, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4lnVx2BAYk

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28stzbn.jpg

Nope, can't crush R99. Too pro.

Tradesonred
03-20-2014, 03:35 PM
http://s13.postimg.org/7bgnr9313/Luke_and_Ben_ben_kenobi_and_luke_skywalker_27817.j pg

Gaffin 7.0
03-20-2014, 05:54 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2hge1he.png

thats actually red and blue

Tradesonred
03-20-2014, 10:56 PM

This place is definitely getting less numbskulled

dethbringre
03-20-2014, 11:29 PM

Red can't be on there, I don't see any place a gazelle could live.

Juhstin
03-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Empty drive bays

We all know R99 is hosted out of Rogaines basement