PDA

View Full Version : 40s PvP

Tecmos Deception
03-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Is there any? Or does basically everyone who is trying to XP just run/hide/plug? You guys know even WoW kiddies will turn to face you as you gank them right? Even if you attack when they're fighting mobs and wounded, they won't run for the nearest flightpath to do their version of a plug.

Hats off to Steroids and Jason for fighting me a couple days ago instead of evaccing, and to Wigglefoot (<3 you for being my first YT) for not just cheetahing to the nearby zoneline as I engaged.

Anyone who comes across me oom and half dead, I welcome you to kill me while I'm (nearly) helpless! I'll be bound nearby anyways, and I don't need gear to at least try to get immediate revenge :)

Azure
03-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Guk is good for 40s imo

Tecmos Deception
03-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Guk is good for 40s imo

Nah. YOU can come to me if you want to PvP. LOIO is my haunt for the next 5-6 levels. Not gonna let you kill me without at least making you run your ass somewhere :p

Tecmos Deception
03-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Got my drake-hide leggings finally, so when wife and kids let me get on again later I think I'll be trying to find some action. Maybe I'll have to go to guk after all.

Twainz
03-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Got my drake-hide leggings finally, so when wife and kids let me get on again later I think I'll be trying to find some action. Maybe I'll have to go to guk after all.

I might go Blueberry hunting tonight!

iiNGloriouS
03-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Soooo you want me to come find you on my monk? :P

Asap
03-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Stay out of guk, it is owned by a troll

Twainz
03-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Soooo you want me to come find you on my monk? :P

What lvl is your monk now?

iiNGloriouS
03-17-2014, 05:47 PM
iirc he is 44 or 45, haven't played him in a bit.

Twainz
03-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Want to rogue vs monk? Rogue is 45 and I'm terrible.

iiNGloriouS
03-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Sure hmu tomorrow I am down. He is pretty stripped though been givin gear away.

Doors
03-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Enjoy the peaceful leveling. 52 plus much different.

Gaffin 7.0
03-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Enjoy the peaceful leveling. 52 plus much different.

Tecmos Deception
03-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Sounds like what I was told about red leveling in general compared to blue, too. But here I am complaining about too little pvp :p

Galacticus
03-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Ya pop was X2 a few weeks ago

Hopefully the "plan" happens soon

Don't worry they have everything under control :

http://hazard.com/graphics/Safety_Managment/Safety_plan.gif

Galacticus
03-17-2014, 08:54 PM
im sure whatever plan they have will be just as terrible as every other plan theyve had

unless plan is a wipe!! imagine how many people would play if guards actually protected them from noobyard pvp

The best way to protect noobs:

http://nixiepixel.com/media/blogs/a//Howtostopcomputerviruses.jpg

dethbringre
03-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Remember they said its got to get worse before it can get better!

Hopefully we are at the "worse" stage and its only gonna go up from here

Tecmos Deception
03-17-2014, 09:17 PM
I thought guards protect the person with higher faction now?

big mouth chew
03-17-2014, 09:21 PM
now they do yeh
not when server opened tho or even a year later
it absolutely scared off more players than exp loss on pvp death and paymelinda scandal combined

Tecmos Deception
03-17-2014, 09:45 PM
But a new server with that mechanic would grief noobs as easily as pvp xp loss with no guard protection, wouldn't it?

Gain faction. PvP where noobs think they're safe. Noobs lose xp to guards?

Magnum
03-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Hey tec, this is 'Roids, CoM has been a hotspot for PvP last couple of weeks. If you are looking for some decent peeps mid 40's PvP. We were actually in Feerrott to get away from PvP and to get through 45 but be forwarned that the Krakin lurks in CoM. Fighting twinked monks no bueno.

iiNGloriouS
03-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Pras Tecmos just got another YT

Lune
03-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Hey tec, this is 'Roids, CoM has been a hotspot for PvP last couple of weeks. If you are looking for some decent peeps mid 40's PvP. We were actually in Feerrott to get away from PvP and to get through 45 but be forwarned that the Krakin lurks in CoM. Fighting twinked monks no bueno.

You should come roll on the blue server. No PvP to avoid, no twinked monks dedicated to ruining your day. I get to do CoM all I want without worrying about whether PvP will happen to me and I'll have to dive through the nearest zoneline and rip my internet out of the wall.

Tecmos Deception
03-17-2014, 11:27 PM
You should come roll on the blue server. No PvP to avoid, no twinked monks dedicated to ruining your day. I get to do CoM all I want without worrying about whether PvP will happen to me and I'll have to dive through the nearest zoneline and rip my internet out of the wall.

Lol. People whine about twinks more on blue than on red, and over there the twinks can't even kill you :)

Pras Tecmos just got another YT

I tried to find PvP tonight. Didn't go to guk, but I sat on LS and WC rings for 15-20 min each waiting for someone in range to port in, but no one came in. Ran all the way down to feerrott before I found Sazzabi (spelling? blue con SK for me) and tried him with an innkeeper as a pet. He dispelled my pet and it beat on me a bit, but then I mezzed it (it blurred also) and he dispelled it again (probably thinking I recharmed?) and it aggrod on him normally. But it was night AND raining in there and he had some MR and jboots so I couldn't stick anything to slow him down even with my new tash. Eventually gave up.

Saw someone in Rathe Mts, ran over to HGs to see what was going on. Got over there and saw a quad of HG corpses decaying, but whoever it was logged. Don't even know if he was in range. Burhnin? Something like that.

Finally found someone in range again in LOIO, Eclipt after goblin gazughi rings, and jumped him with tash and root as he was killing those lowbie mobs over there. A root stuck quickly then I interrupted songs with some nukes while a buffed bloodgill beat on him. Forgot to mem my new nuke from dinging 44 though, lol.

Yeah, I thought CoM might be a hotspot but haven't worked up the will to run all the way over there. I think I'll probably return to my XP grind for now. Chewie, we'll have to trade trips to each other's stomping grounds when I catch up to you.

Imago
03-17-2014, 11:44 PM
I tried to find PvP tonight. Ran all the way down to feerrott before I found Sazzabi. Eventually gave up.

Beware, the Champion of the Legion does not go down quite so easily.

iiNGloriouS
03-17-2014, 11:55 PM
I tried to find PvP tonight. Didn't go to guk, but I sat on LS and WC rings for 15-20 min each waiting for someone in range to port in, but no one came in. Ran all the way down to feerrott before I found Sazzabi (spelling? blue con SK for me) and tried him with an innkeeper as a pet. He dispelled my pet and it beat on me a bit, but then I mezzed it (it blurred also) and he dispelled it again (probably thinking I recharmed?) and it aggrod on him normally. But it was night AND raining in there.
Have to be the best mind reader in the world to be able to follow someone through Feerrott when its night and raining. Unless you have track of course.

Glad to see you enjoying the server though! Maybe I'll come poke you with my monks stick sometime see how you do ;)

Fame
03-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Hit or miss really, I log on most nights, patrol oasis specs to rathe mtns with a stop in guk and find pvp maybe 35% of the time.

Fame
03-18-2014, 12:11 AM

http://i.imgur.com/FQR1a.gif

Faerie
03-18-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm anti-PK for the time being, because everyone else is PK. Nell doesn't like violence. She's a gentle soul.

Fame
03-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Ok snowflake

Doors
03-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Faerie soft as FUCK

Faerie
03-18-2014, 01:35 AM
PvP in EQ (especially on FFA server) is great partly because it allows us players the freedom to play as we want. Running around PKing everything you see is totally a viable way to play the game, but when absolutely everyone is doing it things get a little bland. I'd rather make friends and be nice to people.

If you think that makes me soft, just wait until teams is released ;)

iiNGloriouS
03-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Pras Tecmos

Tecmos, would you say with the rate of EXP, that you feel more invested in your character? It sounds as if you've only seen a total of 5 other people between levels 1-44 that have been in your range.

Do you think an accelerated EXP rate to quickly get you up to the 90% population range would be better, or as-is?

Holy shit Retti is actually asking a good question.
http://replygif.net/i/960.gif

Fame
03-18-2014, 04:42 PM
.. been saving that gif for a good one, glad to see it used appropriately, pras

iiNGloriouS
03-18-2014, 04:43 PM
.. been saving that gif for a good one, glad to see it used appropriately, pras

http://www.weddingbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/19/tumblr_02.gif

iiNGloriouS
03-18-2014, 04:47 PM
5th element one of those movies I've seen 100 times and still watch every time it's on

It's so hot.
https://i.imgur.com/v6DzJyT.gif

Tecmos Deception
03-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Tecmos, would you say with the rate of EXP, that you feel more invested in your character?

Yes. I don't think anyone questions that if you put more time into something, you will feel more invested. What seems off about the arguments against bigger XP bonuses on red, to me, is this: red Tecmos has ~5 days played and is level 44. Blue Tecmos, leveled with similar twinking, less knowledge of enchanters, and no xp bonus at all, was already level 50 at ~5 days played.

So... yeah. I just can't buy into the arguments that people are XPing too fast to have time to get invested and form communities on red. I feel like something else must be the cause of those problems than fast xp.

Also I think, the better question to ask than "does more time make you feel more invested?" is "would you feel even MORE invested if you were already level 54, in a guild, and involved in large-scale and "meaningful" PVP?"

It sounds as if you've only seen a total of 5 other people between levels 1-44 that have been in your range.

Nah, I've seen a lot more people than that in range. Couple rangers ~10 in Qeynos, sham ~25 in everfrost, a whole group of people (bulldozer and co I think) ~30 in LOIO, several different people XPing on spectres and hill giants ~35-40, and a number of different red cons in LS while I was after my charisma leggings.

I tried to PVP almost everyone I could find. Killed a ranger in qeynos but didn't get YT for some reason, engaged a ranger in WK but he immediately ran to guards and I ran to not eat xp loss, didn't try to fight the sham in everfrost at all, was stalking the group in LOIO and trying to decide which of them would be possible to kill from pet + nukes before the rest reacted just as they sent me a tell asking if I wanted to join them, engaged 1v2 with jason and steroids at spectres in feerrott but stalemated with them when I oomed and withdrew, tried to kill a RD druid a couple times at wc/ec zoneline but didn't get him before he would plug/run, gave up on killing Sazzabi at specs a couple times cause he just runs around in the dark rainy jungle and makes me mad, chased ghosts of people killing specs/HGs but they log/run/hide, avoided red cons in range in LS (cause they were usually in and out of solb so I figured they were with Azrael or other guilds PVPing over naggy or RF or whatever).

My only two YTs so far were on a 45 druid when I was 39 and that bard last night (not sure level, but red con) at 44. PVP is fun, even when I don't get a YT, but I wish more people who were out XPing would be more interested in it. Dunno if they're just in a grinding groove so they don't want me disturbing them or if they're afraid of losing precious XP time since XP is relatively hard to come by compared to before or if people are afraid of enchanters before they're decked in MR gear or what.

Do you think an accelerated EXP rate to quickly get you up to the 90% population range would be better, or as-is?

Tough call. I think that probably whatever would bring more people in to try the server is the best idea, because the more exposure the server has the more people will end up realizing "hey, this really IS kinda cool" and sticking around for the long run.

I think I'd lean towards faster XP being better though, if for no other reason than the one I had above: it's already taken me longer to level up on red even WITH an xp bonus and more knowledge of my class/p99 than it did on blue... I don't think anyone is going to feel detached from a character they level 1-50 even if it "only" took them 3-4 days to do so. I've been playing a powerhouse solo class, twinked, RELIGIOUSLY for almost 3 weeks now and I'm still only 44.

And as for community at lower levels? Well... why? Red server is an endgame server. The lower-level community imo should be players dabbling in PVP as they XP up and spending time getting in touch with the end-game players so that when they reach 50ish they can make an informed choice about where they want to go.

I'm personally content to continue my XP grind and wait to see what the staff have in store for the server. But I haven't gone all in on red (i.e. transferred more than like 10% of my blue assets for red stuff) for this same reason: I'm waiting to see what staff have in store for the server.

Tassador
03-19-2014, 08:35 AM
I can vouch for more pvp in mistmoore and uguk with exp bonus on. Zones are fucking dead for the most part now. Love classic exp but really only works well on classic era.