PDA

View Full Version : mage pets - no difference in dps ?

Vosooth316
03-17-2014, 11:58 AM
im a lvl 35 mage now and ive noticed all my pets hit for the same cap and same dps overall. i had someone parse it for few hours and he concluded they were all 13ps. this guy is also a 60 mage and said he parsed his whole time leveling and no difference until 50+ for pet dps.

anyone else see this?

so basically its stun, root, or dd? no point to ever use water?

Asap
03-17-2014, 12:03 PM
so basically its stun, root, or dd? no point to ever use water?

Yes, you utilize each pet depending on the situation (soloing, grouping, duoing, etc.). The 54 Water pet backstabs, so it becomes useful in group settings, so long as you make sure it's always positioned behind the mob.

Velerin
03-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Don't underestimate the water pet. He is a nice mix of damage and tankability on things that will eat up the fire pet too fast. With focus he has the same hp as earth for things you don't want to root. A lot of people don't bother with the 49 water pet due to the chain research, but there are times he will do a lot better than the 49 fire.

Vellaen
03-17-2014, 12:33 PM
All the pets from 4-49 hit for the same max melee damage, but each has different secondary abilities that affect DPS. The water and fire pets nuke, for instance, but the fire pet doesn't kick or bash and seems to add dual wield/double attack much later. The DS makes up for this if it's tanking, but otherwise it's water > earth = air > fire for pure DPS.

Vosooth316
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
i know what the pets do for different abilities. that isnt what the point of the post

im asking if you else notice they all the same dps sub 50

diplo
03-17-2014, 04:44 PM
sub 50 its all the same shit dmg outputwise.

Heavydrop
03-18-2014, 11:07 PM
I never found a use for the level 52 fire pet. Far as I could tell he was a waste of space. The 54 water pet is nice. Nukes for around 110 damage (cold based) and backstabs as well. Nothing to sneer at. Air pet is nice for his stuns and kicks (max of 70 damage). I just depends on what you want/need

Nagash
03-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Can't speak above but up to the level 39 summons, they are ll the same level range and have the same max and min hits. If you exclude potential procs by fire and water pets and innate damage shield by fire pets, their dps is exactly the same for the same level of summon.

Mirana
03-19-2014, 04:32 PM
I thought they had different amounts of strength, so an earth pet would max hit more than a fire pet?

No idea, that was just my understanding. Very possibly incorrect.

Nagash
03-19-2014, 05:34 PM
I thought they had different amounts of strength, so an earth pet would max hit more than a fire pet?

It may be the case but I can't say I've noticed any significant difference in damage done.

Frug
03-23-2014, 11:04 AM
I could be misremembering but I also thought the water pet was immune to poison - was this an urban myth? I remember getting a water pet at 8 and FINALLY being able to take on darkweed snakes in EC since no one else would touch them.

Velerin
03-23-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't know if they were immune or just extremely high resists on live but I do not remember them ever being hit by their respective resist. I remember that well too in EC hitting the snakes that melees wouldn't touch on my mage.

Furniture
03-23-2014, 01:16 PM
A parsing program isnt going to take into account damage done from pet proc spells or pet damage shield, only melee hits so you wont see any difference with parses before the pets turn into their specialized classes post 50

Furniture
03-23-2014, 01:23 PM

yeah they should definitely have different stats according to old eq sites but stock eqemu code has them all the same, it is possible that p99 has not altered the stats

but then again there is no possible way to know if that is how verant had the pets back in the day so mostly all of it is conjecture

azle
03-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Listen http://portalpark.net/10204/17/w.png