PDA

View Full Version : New players gear advice.

Glenzig
03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Hello there. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Brand new to the P99 server as of last Friday. Just a quick question or two. My brother and I are planning on duoing. I am an Ogre Shaman, he is a Troll SK. What should we be saving for as far as gear goes for two first timers. No real plat on us yet. Not looking to buy anything right away. I know we will have to tough it out with garbage gear for a while. But what would you say are the most affordable, most important armor/weapon upgrades for us to save our plat for?

Dweed
03-17-2014, 10:45 AM
The 55hp rings are about 200plat each and are the best bang for buck for adding survivability.

Also there are some 200-300pp range kunark weapons that are very solid, jarsath trident for war, and iksar berserker club for sham first that come to mind.

Laugher
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
If you haven't already I'd advise asking for an IP exemption in the petitions forum if you two live in the same house (1 box per household limit unless otherwise stated). That aside though heres some items for <500p a piece that might be helpful (pending that you're going to wait a few levels to buy some gear)

For the SK:
-a good goto pre 20 wep--> Smoldering Brand, procs at lvl 1 and can be used by both of you if you'd like, 400-600p a piece

-Platinum Fire Wedding Rings x2 can find em for 500 for a pair if you're lucky

Mithril bp/brigandine tunic can be found around 300-600p

Dark Mail Gauntlets

Dwarven Work Boots

-Bone Legplates usable by both and <100 a pair, could be replaced by Black Chitin Leggings (750-1k a pair)

For the Sham:

-+6 wis rings x2 can usually be done for <400p

-Smoldering Brand again, unless you'd like something with a little wis, in which case I'd recommend a Wraith bone hammer, cheap alternative with wisdom+

-Bloodstained Tunic can usually be found for about 400p a piece

-Bone Legplates usable by both and <100 a pair, could be replaced by Black Chitin Leggings (750-1k a pair)

Embroidered black sleeves would be twink for the sham and go for around 250p a piece

I know this isn't the cheapest gear in the world, but for the most part I was going for 500 or less and sorta twink-like :) something to aim for and that you could use until you can farm upgrades

Glenzig
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Great suggestions so far. Thanks everyone.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Can also recommend:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Springwood_Club

I would get the 5ac/55HP rings on the shaman too. Did I see you two in North Ro?

mgellan
03-17-2014, 03:59 PM
To raise money I'd suggest materials for the Leatherfoot Raiders Skullcap (instaport to WC) is an easy sell in EC, namely:

Alligator skins (in Innothule)
Grizzly Bear skins (NK)
Shark skins (various places)
Polar bear skins (Everfrost)
Dragoon Dirk (Dorn B`Dynn in NRo)

Regards,
Mg