PDA

View Full Version : Time for me to head out, after this pull.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 02:03 AM
7th time reading that since starting here on P99 last week.

Did we forget to give a warning or something? You know, finding replacements and whatnot? I guess its better than just randomly dropping, which seems to happen even more frequently. My "never group with again" list keeps filling up.

tristantio
03-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Sometimes things come up unexpectedly (why I tend to solo and stick to FD classes with young kids who wake up in the middle of the night myself), which is probably what happens in most these cases (or even in game related, if a guild needs to quickly tackle a rare spawn etc.).

If you set the party up so you have 2 classes capable of healing (even crappy heals) or 2 capable of tanking, other than a deep dungeon party, something like an OT group can chug along fine (even with fast drops) imho.

Shiftin
03-17-2014, 02:34 AM
My "never group with again" list keeps filling up.

You started playing a week ago. Not trying to be a dick, but maybe you're the one who needs to lighten up a bit. You're grouping with other low level players, many of whom may be new to the game, server or genre. Blacklisting a level 7 who didn't give you enough time to find a replacement at orc 2 seems a bit harsh.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 02:40 AM
You started playing a week ago. Not trying to be a dick, but maybe you're the one who needs to lighten up a bit. You're grouping with other low level players, many of whom may be new to the game, server or genre. Blacklisting a level 7 who didn't give you enough time to find a replacement at orc 2 seems a bit harsh.

Half the dicks that drop group are semi twinked or twinked out to be honest, basically not their first character. It's pretty easy to tell who take it seriously and who doesn't really care. I'm not asking for professional players just some awareness and courtesy and that's where I draw the line. Treat others how you want to be treated, etc. If someone is just muddling through I will pass on grouping with them again.

Ajkuhuun
03-17-2014, 02:45 AM
I get what you're saying, but some of us just aren't in the same situations we were back in live. Many of us are now dealing with spouse faction, children, work and sometimes you just don't have time to give much of a heads up.

I guess I'm saying the community you knew on live is a bit less hardcore here for the most part, a great deal of us are a little older, have a lot less time, and a lot more stuff to deal with than we did back in the day, stuff that may require you to get up immediately rather than giving a "next pull I'm out" heads up.

BigHurb
03-17-2014, 03:09 AM
depend on others for happiness

disappoint

lesson?

Quineloe
03-17-2014, 03:20 AM
Half the dicks that drop group are semi twinked or twinked out to be honest, basically not their first character. It's pretty easy to tell who take it seriously and who doesn't really care. I'm not asking for professional players just some awareness and courtesy and that's where I draw the line. Treat others how you want to be treated, etc. If someone is just muddling through I will pass on grouping with them again.
I'm sure that blacklist is gonna hold when that ragebringer rogue twink you blacklisted a week ago is LFG and your group is short on DPS.

Taffan
03-17-2014, 03:22 AM
I'm sure that blacklist is gonna hold when that ragebringer rogue twink you blacklisted a week ago is LFG and your group is short on DPS.

Yinikren
03-17-2014, 04:00 AM

That's what he gets for MQing his epic at 12 anyway.

Magifyre
03-17-2014, 04:27 AM
"Time for me to head out and disband party without warning now that I got my alpha loot, or now that I won the cash drop for the camp."

10 minutes later...

LFG.

I wouldn't expect much from the people who play mmorpgs today, this server is no different. Decency is dead, it's not a matter of people being more busy today than they were 15 years ago, that's a cop out. It's a matter of people not caring enough to give any kind of advanced warning. Here's an idea.. how about...

"Hey guys I only have a half an hour, do you still want me for the party?"

OR..

"Hey guys, I might have to go at any time if X circumstance arises."

NOPE.. that's too much to ask. Right?

Byrjun
03-17-2014, 04:28 AM
Wait until your entire group has to camp out to log on their mains cause CT spawned.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:30 AM
NOPE.. that's too much to ask. Right?

According to half the people in this thread, yes. I didn't make this thread expecting everyone to agree though, thats the nature of MMO communities. Go make a thread on any MMO forum criticizing anything and they attack you or your ideas just for the fuck of it.

You'd think that we being all older/adults compared to classic we'd have better time management now that mommy and daddy aren't yelling at us. But apparently being older means we now need to randomly leave with no warning because we have emergencies every other hour of our lives. Heh.

Berendar
03-17-2014, 04:34 AM
According to half the people in this thread, yes. I didn't make this thread expecting everyone to agree though, thats the nature of MMO communities. Go make a thread on any MMO forum criticizing anything and they attack you or your ideas just for the fuck of it.

You'd think that we being all older/adults compared to classic we'd have better time management now that mommy and daddy aren't yelling at us. But apparently being older means we now need to randomly leave with no warning because we have emergencies every other hour of our lives. Heh.

Do you have a job? A wife? Kids? If the answer to any of them is yes and you don't see why this happens, the problem is probably with you.

If no well then obivously, you wouldn't understand.

Quineloe
03-17-2014, 04:37 AM

You'd think that we're all older and adults we have better time management now that mommy and daddy aren't yelling at us. But apparently being older = we now need to randomly leave with no warning because we have emergencies every other hour of our lives.

I'm pretty sure people are disagreeing with you "blacklisting" people over them dropping the group without giving a 30 minute warning once.

I once was in an interesting group in Unrest, the last hour of it was the DE Enchanter bitching at the DE cleric about dropping "in 15 minutes" without finding a replacement for herself and then they argued about it in group chat for a whole hour while I kept pulling...

Ajkuhuun
03-17-2014, 04:38 AM
"Hey guys, I might have to go at any time if X circumstance arises."

This is what I always say when I join a group, which is rare. I can only play when my son is asleep, and he's had sleep troubles since he was tiny. So I know in my case personally, I may have to get up QUICKLY if he wakes up screaming in the next room. Even if you join a group with that understanding, folks tend to get peeved if the cleric has to random afk and the group dies because of it.

This is the reason I solo for the most part, but that's a double edged sword too. You don't have to look too hard on the boards to find posts about how folks are angry that twinks aren't joining groups and are instead soloing.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't ;)

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:38 AM
Do you have a job? A wife? Kids? If the answer to any of them is yes and you don't see why this happens, the problem is probably with you.

If no well then obivously, you wouldn't understand.

Last I checked we aren't all E.R. doctors playing from our office that need to drop everything we are doing without notice. And if you are, please do us a favor and not join in the first place if you are that unreliable of a player. If you're on-call, tell the group. I know those are hard concepts to understand for some.

Not even going to touch the wife and kids argument.

I'm pretty sure people are disagreeing with you "blacklisting" people over them dropping the group without giving a 30 minute warning once.

That's fine by me, they can group with them.

Berendar
03-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Last I checked we aren't all E.R. doctors playing from our office that need to drop everything we are doing without notice. And if you are, please do us a favor and not join in the first place if you are that unreliable of a player. If you're on-call, tell the group. I know those are hard concepts to understand for some.

Why not?

I actually group very rarely because I leave my keyboard often. I don't want my time dominated by someone who maybe has more time than sense or to feel bad because that person maybe has no other responsibilities beyond playing EQ.

Quineloe
03-17-2014, 04:56 AM
who are you in game tankdan?

Vindor
03-17-2014, 05:44 AM
That's nothing, try having your tank or/and chanter drop without warning to join the group 30m from you. Well in the end we did better without them lol but i cant recall this kind of ballshit being accepted as normal behavior back in the days.

fastboy21
03-17-2014, 06:12 AM
I agree they should just be honest:

"Playing with you right now isn't fun. I was going to make up an emergency so I could leave, but instead I have decided to just tell you that you are a hard-ass and playing a game with you isn't fun. Goodbye."

People don't really have emergencies all the time. Its their polite socially acceptable way of saying that they have to go without sharing their personal lives with virtual friends they just met in a pick up group.

And, yes, my enjoyment of the game (or lack of it in some situations) takes priority over making sure a group of folks I don't know at all have a replacement tank or cc. sorry. its a game. I'll give a heads up if I'm a crucial part of a group in a place that they aren't likely to just randomly find a /lfg to rep me, but I am not going to hang out forever if I'd rather log off. Typical lead time is about 20-30 minutes, and I expect the players who want to stay to find the rep. I'll look, but its not my responsibility to keep your pick up group going.

Cecily
03-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Blacklisting a level 7 who didn't give you enough time to find a replacement at orc 2 seems a bit harsh.

I once was in an interesting group in Unrest, the last hour of it was the DE Enchanter bitching at the DE cleric about dropping "in 15 minutes" without finding a replacement for herself and then they argued about it in group chat for a whole hour while I kept pulling...

These posts made me laugh. Anyways, please let me know if you're the type to blacklist people so I can put you on my list of people not to group with.

BigHurb
03-17-2014, 07:37 AM
im blacklisting EQ from my program files directory :(

myriverse
03-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Cool guild name-- The Blacklist

Vindor
03-17-2014, 07:46 AM

I was there :D

Brut
03-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Always thought worst types are the people who randomly go "raid pop gotta go" and /Q out (if they even bother saying anything when they do). If you're on a batphone, just group with your guildies so you don't screw some crypt grp over by leaving as a key class 15mins into clearing down there. The guy left for a goddamned maestro. Wut.

thieros
03-17-2014, 08:10 AM
CECILY YOU'RE BLACKLISTED!

Wudan
03-17-2014, 08:19 AM
OP comes across as complete idiot. Blacklisting anyone for leaving group without warning is just nuts... and he even makes thread about it! WOW! Its only a game FFS. Lighten up, LFM or form a new group, just save us your QQs and stop complaining.

Also, post your game name, so people know who to avoid.

Danth
03-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Lots of nuisances exist in multiplayer gaming. Sometimes you invite a guy and he leaves half an hour later. Sometimes you invite someone and discover he's inept, or AFK half the time. Sometimes random people act greedy or rude. That all comes with the territory. If you want the good aspects of multiplayer, you accept the bad along with it. Blacklisting everyone who annoys you won't work unless you really like solo gameplay. You probably don't run every group you participate in, and even if you do so many players have so many alternate characters that this week's Monk you're grouped with could be last week's blacklisted Rogue. Heck, with the way accounts are often shared, it might not even be the same guy playing a character next time you see it. In the end trying to keep track serves no effective purpose.

If a single person leaves it shouldn't unduly impact your group unless it was a badly-built group to begin with. If 4 people leave at once then they're probably guildmates who were doing you a favor by inviting you at all.

Danth

Vindor
03-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Whenever its possible its good manners to announce you will have to be leaving in x amount of times.

Sometimes you didnt know you will have to be leaving and sometimes you do. What reasons push people to leave can go from rl emergency to simple sudden boredome.

the people who gives a shit about something else than themselves will try as much as possible to not let you hang, especially if the reason they are leaving is of no urgency at all.

In the end everyone will make their own blacklist, even if not set in stone, we will makes friends with some people and avoid others. Nothing wrong with it, thats part of the game.

Tzeriel
03-17-2014, 08:52 AM
I'm going to get on board with some of the other posters here. Tankdan, post your character names, please. I'm blacklisting you. Whats worse than someone dropping group because something way more important came up? Someone being a lifeless internet tryhard who thinks EverQuest is a job. Please grow some balls and post your characters.

Rhambuk
03-17-2014, 09:24 AM
I agree with OP until 40+ there is almost no warning when people leave and it is disheartening.

I always try to give at minimum a 30 minute notice if I can't find a rep, its really not too much effort.

For the folks that say they have a wife a job a kid etc, hey ya know what its real easy to tell the group when you join that you have a life and might have to go unexpectedly. Whats that you're worried they won't take you into the group because your unreliable? what a bunch of assholes they should definitely cater to your real life and sacrifice their time for you.

It's not hard to let people know you are busy or leaving at a time, entire groups collapse because 1 member just leaves.

I support the blacklist, keep it going and make you're own groups if its an issue.

BigHurb
03-17-2014, 09:24 AM
You know, the community solution emerging here is reticent of my thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142089

Wudan
03-17-2014, 09:45 AM
entire groups collapse because 1 member just leaves

LOL. You must be joining/leading some weak ass lame groups if they collapse because of 1 member leaving. Last time I was in Crypt we had our tank bail without warning...guess what happened?! Group did not collapse! Yea, I know! Crazy, aint it? Instead, I tanked it on my shaman while LF tank. In most cases there is a way how to overcome 1 member leaving. Cut the bullshit and stop complaining about a non-problem.

Sylexis
03-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Most people are going to leave at the drop of a hat when their guild calls, chances are half your group have cap level mains.

Sidelle
03-17-2014, 10:00 AM
You know, the community solution emerging here is reticent of my thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142089

^^ *Shameless plug* :D

Rhambuk
LOL. You must be joining/leading some weak ass lame groups if they collapse because of 1 member leaving. Last time I was in Crypt we had our tank bail without warning...guess what happened?! Group did not collapse! Yea, I know! Crazy, aint it? Instead, I tanked it on my shaman while LF tank. In most cases there is a way how to overcome 1 member leaving. Cut the bullshit and stop complaining about a non-problem.

only read the first sentence, were talking about lower to mid level groups. Tank leaves or cleric leaves people take that as an opportunity to leave themselves, tank goes then a cleric goes because they don't want to wait for another tank and you have 4 dps left that pretty much give up. I don't really make groups because im a wizard and i get more soloing so if it goes down the tubes oh well.

but not everyone can solo like that

Vindor

What do you care if he decide to not group with people he find unreliable ? sounds a lot like complaining about a non-problem from here :D

Swish
03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
The best people are the ones who'll group up at the Sebilis entrance, then when you get to disco/chef/etc (never happens for crypt)... "anyone have a replacement (class x)?" about 5 minutes later.

Lisset
03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
The other day I got into a guild group that was heading to kedge for xp. Right after 3 of us zoned in I got some intense wife agro and had to leave. No "in thirty minutes" or anything. I felt terrible leaving my group at kedge without CC but I had no real choice.

I'm sorry but sometimes shit really does just happen.

Rhambuk
03-17-2014, 10:40 AM
The other day I got into a guild group that was heading to kedge for xp. Right after 3 of us zoned in I got some intense wife agro and had to leave. No "in thirty minutes" or anything. I felt terrible leaving my group at kedge without CC but I had no real choice.

I'm sorry but sometimes shit really does just happen.

and theres nothing wrong with that, you probably told your group something happened with the wife you didn't just leave with no excuse.

there are people that just say im done after this one, sure there could be a reason they don't want to share and thats fine but there is no courtesy anymore.

Bill Tetley
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Depends on the people in the group. If they are highly annoying then screw em I'll just leave cause "work called". If it's a great group and XP is flowing and I know I'm leaving soon then they deserve a rep.

sulpher01
03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Depends on the people in the group. If they are highly annoying then screw em I'll just leave cause "work called". If it's a great group and XP is flowing and I know I'm leaving soon then they deserve a rep.

^^

Ugrask
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM

I almost always try to find a replacement, but the "annoying group" part has happened a few times and I've done the /q during mid cast...OH NOZ LOST CONNECTION.

skipdog
03-17-2014, 11:29 AM
i must be playing on a different server than you, because yeah... sometimes people drop without warning(and those of us with a brain COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND), but a vast majority seem to still give plenty warning and do their best to find a replacement themselves.

some of these comments here and the negative way some people view this server's community are just very hard to believe.

Lyrith
03-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Tank says, "I have to leave in 30 minutes, I've been trying to find a rep with no luck."

36 minutes go by.

Tank says, "Sorry I never could find rep and I REALLY have to go, I even tried to stay longer. Thanks for the group guys."

(Random other Member) "I'm going to go ahead and head out now as well guy's, thanks for the group"

Shit's Classic!

Stonecrush
03-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Cool guild name-- The Blacklist

This out of all the posts on this thread is the enjoyable one.

Let me know if someone makes it, I'd consider joining :P

First: As a cleric I try to find a replacement.

Secondly: I'd only blacklist a Loot thief or someone being a complete a hole and showing no merit for the action.

Those points said. I don't care if someone ditches, or has excuse xyz. Yes it's nice to see the old school message. "I need to go and I am finding a replacement." However, if that doesn't happen oh well. It is a game. Get off your bumblaclot and stop crying because someone didn't think you were important enough to stick around.

Suggestion? Make friends in classes that support your toon? I have two chanters on speed dial. With them, I make a damn wizard tank np. Hello chain stun. *shrug*

Someone get some cheese for this thread because I see a lot of whining.

Cecily
03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
This out of all the posts on this thread is the enjoyable one.

Let me know if someone makes it, I'd consider joining :P

First: As a cleric I try to find a replacement.

Secondly: I'd only blacklist a Loot thief or someone being a complete a hole and showing no merit for the action.

Those points said. I don't care if someone ditches, or has excuse xyz. Yes it's nice to see the old school message. "I need to go and I am finding a replacement." However, if that doesn't happen oh well. It is a game. Get off your bumblaclot and stop crying because someone didn't think you were important enough to stick around.

Suggestion? Make friends in classes that support your toon? I have two chanters on speed dial. With them, I make a damn wizard tank np. Hello chain stun. *shrug*

Someone get some cheese for this thread because I see a lot of whining.

This is probably my least favorite post in the thread.

Magifyre
03-17-2014, 01:10 PM
This entire thread is pretty comical, refer to my prior statement about decency being dead.

Swish
03-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Sebilis: Tank is leaving.

"Hey guys I've gotta go but Squikidify is coming to replace me"

Turns out he was an anon 49/50 warrior...people don't always find a "good" replacement :p

August
03-17-2014, 01:34 PM
I usually give notification based on how chatty my group is. If no ones talking, you'll get a 'got to go soon guys', 3 pulls later, i'm out.

If everyone is having a real conversation I'll usually bring it up way beforehand -- one of the first questions i ask is 'how long does everyone have today?'

Part of it, if you're the group leader, is being proactive. Rep-finding is pretty rare, and I've only found it to be super common in higher level groups. Lower level shindigs usually don't get nearly as much consideration, as disco is a much harder camp to keep than MR in unrest.

Bill Tetley
03-17-2014, 01:58 PM
I usually give notification based on how chatty my group is. If no ones talking, you'll get a 'got to go soon guys', 3 pulls later, i'm out.

If everyone is having a real conversation I'll usually bring it up way beforehand -- one of the first questions i ask is 'how long does everyone have today?'

Yeah... I'm just the opposite. Nothing more annoying than the chatty group that can't stfu to play the game properly.

Daldaen
03-17-2014, 02:03 PM
I just solo so I don't have to deal with other human beings getting annoyed by the fact that my 18 warrior has to log from his unrest MR group.

If I am doing something that requires a group, where we are crawling inwards and replacing someone is hard I will tend to give advanced warning. Although as others mentioned. It's not 1999 anymore. And I'm not 8 years old. I've got shit to do and shit happens. So sometimes I've gotta go randomly.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Classic. Very very classic. All of it.

Ajkuhuun
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
I think this is perhaps the biggest plug for Unreliable ever. Send some of these folks our way ~

Ahldagor
03-17-2014, 03:34 PM

Did we forget to give a warning or something? You know, finding replacements and whatnot? I guess its better than just randomly dropping, which seems to happen even more frequently. My "never group with again" list keeps filling up.

still doing dailies in wow?

lecompte
03-17-2014, 03:36 PM
These posts made me laugh. Anyways, please let me know if you're the type to blacklist people so I can put you on my list of people not to group with.

^ this. I suddenly have to drop group for two reasons: 1) I realize that the group is lacking a certain... je ne sais quoi or 2) Raid call.

I, too, have a skill/attitude related blacklist but I don't put anyone under level 40 on it (I have low expectations, below 40) and I don't put anyone on it who is open to hearing input on how to better play their class.

Spitty
03-17-2014, 03:39 PM
The smug superiority of our OP here is just hilarious.

Blacklisting? Really? The fuck do you bring to the table that's so overwhelmingly good that you think blacklisting someone actually has any impact?

Pro tip, it doesn't. You're only screwing yourself over, and it's as much your fault for not communicating clearly as it is theirs for suddenly bailing on a group.

Look, at some point you need to take responsibility for your situation. Don't want people leaving without warning? Make that clear up front. Form your own group and tell people "hey, do you have a few hours to play?" If the answer is no, decide if it's worth it to you to risk that person leaving mid-camp.

If you come across a player that bailed on a group and he wants in on your camp, man up and call that person out. A little "last time you left suddenly, are you gonna do that again?" goes a long way. You might find out that person has a sick kid in the other room and your orc experience may have to take a backseat to strep throat. This shit happens.

These really aren't hard things to do, unless you're so incredibly arrogant that the slightest mis-step in your master plan causes you to lose your shit and freak out. Keep calm and regroup.

Lyrith
03-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Although as others mentioned. It's not 1999 anymore. And I'm not 8 years old. I've got shit to do and shit happens. So sometimes I've gotta go randomly.

How true is this?! If it was a Saturday back then I would try to get in an exp group and grind it out for 16-20 hours depending on the group, only to order a pizza or something and a couple afks.

Now days... Wife... Kid... Random people showing up at the house... Stuff to do... Etc... I get excited if I can play for 1 hour without being interrupted. 16-20 hours would blow my mind!

Ugrask
03-17-2014, 03:47 PM
I do the Saturday grind now. My current GF plays other non grind intensive MMO's or watches some TV. I afk to do dinner/shower and whatnot. Just date people who play games and dont breed. Problem solved.

Ajkuhuun
03-17-2014, 03:48 PM
I get excited if I can play for 1 hour without being interrupted. 16-20 hours would blow my mind!

I know right? I can't even fathom it now to be honest.

drktmplr12
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VddAJRs.gif

Yonkec
03-17-2014, 04:08 PM

Blacklisting? Really? The fuck do you bring to the table that's so overwhelmingly good that you think blacklisting someone actually has any impact?

Pro tip, it doesn't. You're only screwing yourself over, and it's as much your fault for not communicating clearly as it is theirs for suddenly bailing on a group.

Look, at some point you need to take responsibility for your situation. Don't want people leaving without warning? Make that clear up front. Form your own group and tell people "hey, do you have a few hours to play?" If the answer is no, decide if it's worth it to you to risk that person leaving mid-camp.

If you come across a player that bailed on a group and he wants in on your camp, man up and call that person out. A little "last time you left suddenly, are you gonna do that again?" goes a long way. You might find out that person has a sick kid in the other room and your orc experience may have to take a backseat to strep throat. This shit happens.

These really aren't hard things to do, unless you're so incredibly arrogant that the slightest mis-step in your master plan causes you to lose your shit and freak out. Keep calm and regroup.

Eh, yeah. QFT

Roth
03-17-2014, 04:11 PM
I think the proper etiquite is that you give at least a 10 minute warning before you have to leave. However, it is also okay to leave immediately if you explain that something came up and you have to go. I have no real issue with this kind of thing as long as someone is respectful and takes into account the other people in the group. If you at least attempt to show respect to group members there is no way I could be angry.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:17 PM

I never mentioned the word blacklisting, if you actually read the thread I said I don't expect professionalism, just common courtesy. If you dropped my group randomly, and I am doing a /who all to find replacements, no I won't invite you. Deal with it. You keep using extreme examples like strep throat, if you think that the average person takes off due to emergencies you are full of shit.

Majority of people here aren't ER doctors playing in their office, their lives arent that frantic nor important. They leave because they are bored and give zero fucks about decency. I never said emergencies don't happen.

And no it isn't Orc1, thats the last place I care if people randomly drop because there are probably 5+ people that can replace them within a minute. Other places that can take 10-15 minutes to get to is another story.

So yeah go ahead and focus on that blacklist term and calling me elitist, I don't care. This is about decency, something I look for. I know if I have to leave, I look for a replacement and give a thorough heads up. It does not take much effort. Others can and should do the same.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 04:19 PM
I never mentioned the word blacklisting, if you actually read the thread I said I don't expect professionalism, just common courtesy. If you dropped my group randomly, and I am doing a /who all to find replacements, no I won't invite you.

Not inviting people to your group based on a list you have compiled is a blacklist....

Yonkec
03-17-2014, 04:19 PM
My "never group with again" list keeps filling up..

black·list
ˈblakˌlist/Submit
noun
noun: blacklist; plural noun: blacklists
a list of people or products viewed with suspicion or disapproval.

+1 Elitism. Thanks for playing.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Not inviting people to your group based on a list you have compiled is a blacklist....

I don't have a literal blacklist, guess my quotations didn't give the hint.... Since when in EQ history were we supposed to look to invite people we did not enjoy grouping with? I don't hang out with people I don't get along with in real life as well.. Shocking isn't it? It isn't a blacklist, it's called life. Same reason a country singer doesn't listen to rap. You create an environment you feel comfortable in. I know, this is hard to understand for people and I am an elitist blacklister because of it right?

How about actually focusing on being a decent fucking person and let the group know when you need to go. To me, they're the elitist ones.

drktmplr12
03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Deal with it.

You deal with it.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Read through the thread, seems like the world is against you -- I wanna soften the blow a bit and help your experience in the game be better so I'm going to quote the nice and appropriate things spitty said and drop the rest. He was actually trying to help but maybe couched it badly:

Form your own group and tell people "hey, do you have a few hours to play?" If the answer is no, decide if it's worth it to you to risk that person leaving mid-camp.

A little "last time you left suddenly, are you gonna do that again?" goes a long way.

I hope this helps and makes your future grouping experiences more fun!

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:27 PM
You deal with it.

I am dealing. Thats why I made the thread and don't invite these people again.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 04:27 PM
I know, this is hard to understand for people and I am an elitist blacklister because of it right?

How about actually focusing on being a decent fucking person and let the group know when you need to go. To me, they're the elitist ones.

We all have blacklists... Nothing wrong with a blacklist.

Erica
03-17-2014, 04:28 PM
It can be frustrating for the rest of the group if something comes up, and the person leaving is the only person who can tank, or the only person who can heal has to leave with no warning. But as people said, things happen. I usually give a 30 minute warning since I often won't login and join a group during the times I know I could have to leave at a moments notice.

The thing that does bother me though, is when someone gives 0 warning when they had known for hours that they would have to leave at that time. For example, "Got to go after this pull, have a college class." or "Got to go after this pull, it's late and I have to work in the morning." When you give no warning in situations like that, then you are just being rude. Either they just aren't considerate, or they don't want to give an early warning in case you are able to replace them quickly and they miss out on that last 5-15 minutes of XP they could have gotten... which is also inconsiderate I'd say.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:30 PM
The thing that does bother me though, is when someone gives 0 warning when they had known for hours that they would have to leave at that time. For example, "Got to go after this pull, have a college class." or "Got to go after this pull, it's late and I have to work in the morning." When you give no warning in situations like that, then you are just being rude. Either they just aren't considerate, or they don't want to give an early warning in case you are able to replace them quickly and they miss out on that last 5-15 minutes of XP they could have gotten... which is also inconsiderate I'd say.

Thats exactly it.

If you can't act considerate, don't expect to get it in return. It's that simple to me.

Spitty
03-17-2014, 04:32 PM
You keep using extreme examples like strep throat

Keep using? That was my first goddamn post.

Majority of people here aren't ER doctors playing in their office

You don't get to call me out for using an "extreme example" and then using one yourself in the next sentence, buster. Your whole argument is centered around this do-as-I-do motif:

I know if I have to leave, I look for a replacement and give a thorough heads up. It does not take much effort. Others can and should do the same.

So, my example stands. Strep throat.

Also, you need to (a) learn to communicate your demands better, or (b) listen to the lyrics of "Psycho Killer" and perhaps clue in to why this predetermined expectation of how people should behave puts you squarely into the narcissistic personality disorder segment.

Yonkec
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM
You all seem to be missing the only real point in this thread. This is a game, but as real people are involved on the other end of those interwebs, treat this as you _should_ anything else in your life. That is, take responsibility for your own feeling and frustrations. If things do not go the way you personally feel that it should, well take the necessary steps to ensure that they do so in the future. Bitching and moaning passive aggressive like about how someone else wronged you is childish, naive, immature, and is not going to solve anything.

If you find that some people are assholes and dip out at a moments notice, there is nothing wrong with making a mental note and choosing option B next time you are seeking new group members. However, if you take no steps to explicitly clarify your personal expectations, and you ask no questions about each persons intents and schedules as the group progresses, you are the error in your own equation.

All I see here are people making up their own nonverbal rule sets, and then being offended when other players do not adhere to them. Is that not a bit silly?

/g Hey anyone need to head out soon? If so lets get a replacement inc now.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Lemme share with you a couple quotes that I often referenced when leveling a ranger as my first class on the server. People often didn't want to group with me, for whatever reason -- maybe it will help you:

“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow”
Thomas Paine

“Great minds have purposes; little minds have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; great minds rise above them.” Washington Irving

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Also, you need to (a) learn to communicate your demands better, or (b) listen to the lyrics of "Psycho Killer" and perhaps clue in to why this predetermined expectation of how people should behave puts you squarely into the narcissistic personality disorder segment.

We shouldn't need to communicate "demands" on people being a decent human being. Letting the group know when you need to head out is called common courtesy, it's a life lesson we learn. Treat others how you want to be treated. I'm not your mother. If you like people randomly leaving your groups by all means invite them again. I will pass. My goal here is to remind people that even though this is just a game, there are 4 other people depending on you to keep the group going, and a basic sense of communication goes a long ways. But as others have said ITT, decency is long gone for many.

Erica
03-17-2014, 04:49 PM
People who know they have to leave but tell no one are probably the same people who block the whole aisle with their shopping carts while in the grocery store. :)

Atmas
03-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Has this actually occurred in any situation where it mattered? Someone saying they have to leave Unrest MR is a lot different than someone saying they have to roll out from Seb King.

As others have mentioned the player base is older, people have kids and families. Lots of people are just trying to sneak in some time to play. Worry about it when it matters.

Magifyre
03-17-2014, 04:51 PM
People who know they have to leave but tell no one are probably the same people who block the whole aisle with their shopping carts while in the grocery store. :)

Nice.

Yonkec
03-17-2014, 04:52 PM
We shouldn't need to communicate "demands" on people being a decent human being. Letting the group know when you need to head out is called common courtesy, it's a life lesson we learn. Treat others how you want to be treated. I'm not your mother. If you like people randomly leaving your groups by all means invite them again. I will pass. My goal here is to remind people that even though this is just a game, there are 4 other people depending on you to keep the group going, and a basic sense of communication goes a long ways. But as others have said ITT, decency is long gone for many.

Tank, the point you are missing here is that this passive aggressive rant on the forums is not going to bring about anything you are hoping for. Talk to these people in game, treat them as the "human being" you are asking them to treat you as. Do you not see how you are going against exactly what you preach? You are treating them as something less than your equal. If you act anything like this in game I am impressed that you have not experienced much worse.

Often times people truly do not understand and until someone is adult enough to convey these social norms to them...without telling them to go fuck themselves six ways from Sunday in the process. Chill, talk to them in game directly and with a tad bit more restraint. You may find this problem quickly disappears. If they do not, /ignore and the problem solves itself over time.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 04:53 PM
We shouldn't need to communicate "demands" on people being a decent human being. Letting the group know when you need to head out is called common courtesy, it's a life lesson we learn. Treat others how you want to be treated.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ten_thousand.png

Oh ya, and the Treat others comment... Perhaps they are.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Tank, the point you are missing here is that this passive aggressive rant on the forums is not going to bring about anything you are hoping for. Talk to these people in game, treat them as the "human being" you are asking them to treat you as. Do you not see how you are going against exactly what you preach? You are treating them as something less than your equal. If you act anything like this in game I am impressed that you have not experienced much worse.

Often times people truly do not understand and until someone is adult enough to convey these social norms to them...without telling them to go fuck themselves six ways from Sunday in the process. You are acting no better than them in your conduct. Chill, talk to them in game directly and with a tad bit more restraint. You may find this problem quickly disappears.

This thread got over 2,400 views so I disagree about it not having an effect. I'd say its much more effective than whispering each person randomly (who I may never see again) about courtesy while I am still in an Exp group. And if they don't "understand these social norms" they can group elsewhere. My /who all and friends list has plenty of other nice people I enjoy grouping with instead, and they don't need life lessons.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Ya, but me, you, Yonkec, and Spitty are 1000 of them. And the other 300 people original page views are mostly antagonized by you.

Tankdan
03-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Ya, but me, you, Yonkec, and Spitty are 1000 of them. And the other 300 people original page views are mostly antagonized by you.

That's the nature of MMO forums, criticize anything and they attack OP instead. I knew this. Go look at WoW forums for 16,000 examples. I really don't care nor did I expect different treatment or a plethora of "omg I agree!" And I don't even know what your points were considering they were mostly quotes and cartoons, didn't bother reading either.

Anyways I'm repeating myself so my time here is done. "Time for me to head out"

lecompte
03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Nice :) but if that is the case, why make the thread?

Did you ever give your character name?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-17-2014, 05:22 PM
Attack OP.
Win thread.

Roth
03-17-2014, 05:24 PM
If anyone disagrees with you for whatever reason on mmo message boards, they will try their best to make you feel like shit. It's especially bad on this board but also on league of legends and wow boards it's pretty similar. It's like a contest to show anyone you disagree with that they're a retard and you're superior.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
If anyone disagrees with you for whatever reason on mmo message boards, they will try their best to make you feel like shit. It's especially bad on this board but also on league of legends and wow boards it's pretty similar. It's like a contest to show anyone you disagree with that they're a retard and you're superior.

In 90% of my posts, I was genuinely trying to be helpful. He said it is common knowledge, I posted an xkdc about not everyone having what most consider common knowledge and how it can be personally rewarding to enlighten them. I guess my enlightenment failed :(

He was afraid there was some connation re having a blacklist, I told him there was nothing wrong with it, more about criteria.

He was a little confused on the definition of blacklist, tried to tell him what he does constitutes a blacklsit...

Roth
03-17-2014, 05:29 PM
In 90% of my posts, I was genuinely trying to be helpful. He said it is common knowledge, I posted an xkdc about not everyone having what most consider common knowledge and how it can be personally rewarding to enlighten them. I guess my enlightenment failed :(

Honestly the worst offender I've seen of this is the thread about signatures and avatars. I didn't specifically say you were doing anything wrong, there's no need to defend yourself. It just amazes me how great the project 1999 community is in game yet the boards don't reflect that.

Rararboker
03-17-2014, 05:31 PM
....Anyways I'm repeating myself so my time here is done. "Time for me to head out"

You didn't get a rep? Poor form.

Asap
03-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Lots of RnF threads in server chat nowadays

Swish
03-17-2014, 05:43 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/UVzJ6ttd3Eo6s/giphy.gif

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM
You didn't get a rep? Poor form.

Thread should have ended on this post. I lol'd at this, well done good sir.

Spitty
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM
lecompte a nicer version of me who speaks the wise.

Listen, here's my point without my usual ire - you can blame someone for failing to let the group know they plan to leave. Ok, I'm on board with that. If there's no heads-up and they just fall off the radar and leave a group in a poor position, that's inconsiderate.

If this is a continuous problem for you, though, you need to assume some responsibility and come up with a solution. You are very much at fault if your own game is routinely jeopardized by people leaving your group. Saying things like "not everyone has an emergency" might validate your blame in your own mind, but that doesn't fill group spots or experience bars, does it?

This has been an occurrence since the beginning of grouping. I've never been so fucked over that I had to go post about it on the boards - I checked LFG, threw out a couple guildchat and ooc messages, got resourceful. I've had the bard tank, the ranger (lecompte!) heal...all kinds of crap. I just moved on.

I'm pretty sure we're playing the same game, so...I dunno, try something new if this is such a problem. Don't be a hypocrite and blame other people for not being responsible or well-raised whilst failing to control your situation as well. Maybe they suddenly got strep throat.

Ennewi
03-17-2014, 06:56 PM
The day I get angry at someone for needing to /q a game for RL reasons is the day I /q gaming altogether for RL reasons.

Magifyre
03-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah, OP, it's definitely your fault that the people around you are inconsiderate, morally devoid trolls. You should be proactive about fixing the behavior of other people, or things will never change!

Apparently, along with common decency, logic is also dead.

August
03-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Honestly the worst offender I've seen of this is the thread about signatures and avatars. I didn't specifically say you were doing anything wrong, there's no need to defend yourself. It just amazes me how great the project 1999 community is in game yet the boards don't reflect that.

My feelings were very hurt by this thread.

radditsu
03-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Troll

radditsu
03-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Thread

Ahldagor
03-17-2014, 10:02 PM

every time:
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/G8AtLtqJI3ZaPUuWWRNhRQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQ1MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2013/08/16/casino-gif_175846.gif

hatelore
03-17-2014, 10:16 PM
every time:
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/G8AtLtqJI3ZaPUuWWRNhRQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQ1MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2013/08/16/casino-gif_175846.gif

Oh man, my fav movie. Good gif dude!!!

"What you're saying is libelous, and you're in no position to challenge my expertise. I went out of my way for the kid... Hes weak, incompetent, and furthermore he jeopardizes the whole operation." haha

hatelore
03-17-2014, 10:18 PM
I would sig that if I knew how. hehe

Vexenu
03-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Posting in a Beaniron thread.

This dude is one of the all-time great trolls. His ability to induce rage with stories of his abysmally bad but just believable enough EQ etiquette is unmatched.

Kekephee
03-18-2014, 01:03 AM
The stakes are lower at low levels. You can do an oasis group for 15 minutes and leave and the group isn't going to be trapped at the bottom of a dungeon that is way too hard for them without you. We're not talking about Sebilis where you have to spend two hours putting a group together, 45 minutes clearing down to your camp, and if someone important has to go and you can't replace them you have to fight back up to the top or you'll wipe when they leave. I'm not trying to say you don't have a right to expect people to be considerate- you absolutely do- but come on, man, half the appeal of playing an alt is that you can just hop on and relax for half an hour instead of doing a 5 hour grind where you're constantly at risk of a 3 hour, 500pp corpse run.

Cecily
03-18-2014, 01:41 AM

Server chat RnF threads really are the best ones. You have to maintain a modicum of civility that lends itself to some great arguments.

Quineloe
03-18-2014, 03:06 AM
Has this actually occurred in any situation where it mattered? Someone saying they have to leave Unrest MR is a lot different than someone saying they have to roll out from Seb King.

As others have mentioned the player base is older, people have kids and families. Lots of people are just trying to sneak in some time to play. Worry about it when it matters.

Seeing how less than two weeks ago, he posted his "Hi I'm new" thread, I guess it didn't happen to him at Seb king yet. Of course he won't give up his character name now, either because he's unwilling to stand up for what he actually believes or this is, as suggested, a troll thread to begin with.

Spitty
03-18-2014, 03:50 AM
Server chat RnF threads really are the best ones. You have to maintain a modicum of civility that lends itself to some great arguments.

Champion_Standing
03-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Can't wait to see how many king groups OP will turn down because stabbzy the rogue is in the group and he left OPs CB group at lvl 12 without giving sufficient warning.

You will group with whoever you can group with at a certain point, your "blacklist" means absolutely nothing.

Bill Tetley
03-18-2014, 12:19 PM
You will group with whoever you can group with at a certain point, your "blacklist" means absolutely nothing.

drktmplr12
03-18-2014, 12:47 PM

∩______∩
| (• ◡•) | ノ\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Finn and Jake approve!

Lamil
03-18-2014, 12:56 PM
I've grouped with people i can't stand and to be honest I don't remember any of them until i group with them again and then it all comes back.

Do people actually write down names? This is what I'm picturing

http://giphy.com/gifs/2L5DG6DHJyf6M

Fett
03-18-2014, 01:44 PM
I've grouped with people i can't stand and to be honest I don't remember any of them until i group with them again and then it all comes back.

Do people actually write down names? This is what I'm picturing

http://giphy.com/gifs/2L5DG6DHJyf6M

There's one person I've effectively black listed in my mind, though I can't say I even wrote down their name. I was grouping with them in a dungeon and they almost caused a wipe twice, and then did cause a wipe after not listening to the group leader and pulling from the wrong place. He really didn't care about the group dynamic at all, and didn't seem at all to want to change his ways.

I really hate to do something like that. It's a small world on this server, with the population being lower compared to the old live servers, but if someone just doesn't care about group dynamics and isn't willing to listen to the group leader they need to go. This also isn't the type of behavior that is going to change anytime soon, so there isn't much point in grouping with said person in the foreseeable future.

Lamil
03-18-2014, 01:51 PM
I hate that I can't link GIF's properly

lecompte
03-18-2014, 01:54 PM
I think I said somewhere before in this thread that I have an ACTUAL LIST. And I do. It is even dated for when I put people on it -- my personal ban list. I unban people after 3 months in the hopes that they've learned how to play.

AND

No I won't. If I get a group invite to a group with one of those people in it, "Oh, I'm sorry I was only here for a couple minutes, I have to head out after this next pull." :X

Yonkec
03-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Damn we are one socially vindictive and hilariously self righteous player base aren't we?

Let's just get all of the kiddos together to published an official "Too cool for school" blacklist and get it over with. Fuck your hand written lists, if you are gonna do it, do it big ya'll.

Stonecrush
03-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Damn we are one socially vindictive and hilariously self righteous player base aren't we?

Let's just get all of the kiddos together to published an official "Too cool for school" blacklist and get it over with. Fuck your hand written lists, if you are gonna do it, do it big ya'll.

This guy. ROFL

Fett
03-18-2014, 02:11 PM

All I see is a thread like that turning into the next "Your chance to win a free AON and COF.".

...let's do it.

Spitty
03-18-2014, 02:24 PM
All I see is a thread like that turning into the next "Your chance to win a free AON and COF.".

...let's do it.

Spitulski.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-18-2014, 02:25 PM

I'm with you on this. We should also throw tomatoes at them because reasons.

Champion_Standing
03-18-2014, 06:20 PM
I think I said somewhere before in this thread that I have an ACTUAL LIST. And I do. It is even dated for when I put people on it -- my personal ban list. I unban people after 3 months in the hopes that they've learned how to play.

AND

No I won't. If I get a group invite to a group with one of those people in it, "Oh, I'm sorry I was only here for a couple minutes, I have to head out after this next pull." :X

Yeah yeah, I seriously doubt you request the names of all members in the group if you are sitting around LFG. You will join, and OP will join too. You are at the mercy of the mannerless.

Danth
03-18-2014, 08:05 PM
On occasion I've abandoned groups in the middle of a fight when they were sufficiently annoying....but I play a Shadow Knight so strictly speaking that's in-character anyway.

Danth

Ahldagor
03-18-2014, 08:28 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/84123-Monty-Python-burn-the-witch-gi-EzMU.gif

stonez138
03-18-2014, 10:36 PM

That's fine by me, they can group with them.

This guy can't understand that some of us actually have a life. He should have said he's not going to touch a wife or kids, because he will never have one...

Skittlez
03-19-2014, 09:32 AM
This thread got over 2,400 views so I disagree about it not having an effect. I'd say its much more effective than whispering each person randomly (who I may never see again) about courtesy while I am still in an Exp group. And if they don't "understand these social norms" they can group elsewhere. My /who all and friends list has plenty of other nice people I enjoy grouping with instead, and they don't need life lessons.

OP has '0' idea what forums he is on exactly. Lol, gotta love the p99 virgins that don't understand the server or the forums.

Skittlez
03-19-2014, 09:40 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25520174.jpg

rawwhide
03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Is this a game or a fantasy lived by some with no life?

Wait, forget that. I forgot where I was posting.

Ahldagor
03-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Is this a game or a fantasy lived by some with no life?

Wait, forget that. I forgot where I was posting.

conditions. it's conditions i tell ya. conditions

cries4hardcore
03-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Flame flame flame, damn guys, op has a pet peeve, it's not that crazy. Some might disagree, but damn are a few of us vicious. I get what he is saying. I don't think anyone gives a shit when the afk leaching wiz drops without so much as a goodbye, but if a critical role ghosts mid pull or in a dangerous spawn it can be pretty shitty and selfish. I'm a cleric mainly, I have real life responsibilities, I don't find it hard to give notice when I'm leaving. Shit, had a horrible family emergency and had the time to help my group finish pull and get out of fireplace in unrest before I bounced. I know it's not possible sometimes, but some people use bullshit excuses at the end of every group.

Yonkec
03-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Can everyone supporting the OPs opinion please follow up my post by giving me all of their character's names? I want to add you to my list of people who I choose not to group with.

Last time I plugged it into my calculator RL > Video Games. If other players having a life inconveniences you feel free to whip out the ol' gameboy. Nobody can shit on your day if its a single player game, right?

Hollywood
03-20-2014, 03:04 PM

I had some dick head get snotty with me because I asked him (in a non snotty way), if he had found a replacement [this is after he announced he had to leave in "five minutes"].
The reason? Because earlier in the day I had to leave the group for a bit, and I was unable to find a replacement for myself. This departure of mine was clearly stated in the beginning as well and when I left, they were in no way a broken group or unable to continue.

So the short of it was, I couldn't find a replacement for me, and thus he didn't feel he should have to either.

I guess fu**ing over a group to make a point that no one would have known you were making otherwise, it's a perfectly normal thing to do. And even more silly is that there was no point to make since the other person didn't intentionally do anything!

Shit is classic!

Erica
03-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Can everyone supporting the OPs opinion please follow up my post by giving me all of their character's names? I want to add you to my list of people who I choose not to group with.

The point here isn't that if you have a life then we hate you. It is when you KNOW you are going to have to leave soon, but say nothing. That is extremely rude considering how long it can take a replacement to get to the group sometimes. This isn't WoW where you disband and in 5 seconds a new person teleports into the group. Most of the RL stuff isn't a huge surprise that you had no idea was going to happen and now you have to instantly leave the group.

Some examples of a bad reason to leave without warning: Going to bed because you have work in the morning, going to the movie theater when you had planned it out hours in advance, eating food at home around your regular time or out of the house with friends/family when it was planned in advance, picking your significant other or child up from X (unless you were not supposed to, but had just found out you need to now), friend or family showing up at the time you had planned in advance, etc etc.

Those examples above can become good reasons to leave without warning: Family or friends come over without warning, or you didn't have to pick up your significant other/child from X but suddenly something happened and now you have to do it, eating at a non regular time, spontaneously your family or friends want you to go out to eat with them, work called and wants you to come in early and you have to go to bed now instead of in a few hours, etc etc.

See the difference? One is the person being inconsiderate, and one is "RL happens". If something comes up, just tell the group and apologize for leaving so suddenly. If the people get upset about a legitimate RL thing causing you to suddenly leave, then they are being unreasonable. Everyone agrees RL > Gaming.... well, most people :P

And if you think the above is unreasonable, then please add me to your list: Karmina

Yonkec
03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
So if I just secretly lie to everyone and tell them my newborn child just woke up unexpectedly and I need to dip it makes it ok? I know that is taking this to another extreme but how are we to descern the truth in these situations?

Unfortunately none of us actually know what is going on with most people and if they join and leave on their own schedule its an exercise in futility to try to control or influence that. I am not defending people who intentional fuck over a group nor ones that ask other people to run 12 zones across the game to join them only to /log because they are tired. I am only humored by people trying to treat this like something it is not, e.g. the OP. This is not a social contract with a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than play this game all day and thus can be reasonably held responsible when they decide not to. Why must each of us adhere to someone else's strict set of behavioral rules?

I will not treat this GAME as a higher priority than anything other than a wart in my real life, and I will never ever ask one of you to either. If we are not in agreement I will do the legwork for you all and make sure I don't group with you as my sense of humor would probably only cause issues.

Just remember I love all of you equally and wish you the best.

lecompte
03-20-2014, 04:46 PM
@Erica: I think you have a very reasonable stance, but that wasn't the voiced stance of the OP. The OP took it to an extreme and that is what resulted in the fourteen page thread :).

Ahldagor
03-20-2014, 07:32 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/46/468fa9365f381e1d66d9e4198356b569a8b42f6587342bdb28 eadf0c3fce2b74.jpg

Ahldagor
03-20-2014, 07:34 PM
http://imghumour.com/assets/Uploads/1309461367631.jpg

Ahldagor
03-20-2014, 07:35 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/49/497b3e5fbc1ed270536313d4f16d7f39e0b03b71def4634ce1 f7b228376da004.jpg

Taffan
03-20-2014, 08:19 PM
brb, cats on fire, afk-forever.

coki
03-21-2014, 04:49 AM
Wait until your entire group has to camp out to log on their mains cause CT spawned.

shimonuh
03-21-2014, 05:03 AM

rawwhide
03-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Some of you might laugh and some might get disgusted, but I don't really care. I never thought, that at any point in my life, I would need to get up immediately and run to the toilet. I must be much older than most of you people. Just wait .. your time is coming haha

Whirled
03-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Perhaps people should be more compassionate for their fellow EQ`er if/when the need arise for anyone to log out immediately. It would be a waste of time to pontificate on the whole reasoning(s) when one could just move forward to positive actions &/or remedy the situation.

Stonecrush
03-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Perhaps people should be more compassionate for their fellow EQ`er if/when the need arise for anyone to log out immediately. It would be a waste of time to pontificate on the whole reasoning(s) when one could just move forward to positive actions &/or remedy the situation.

Exactly. Grow up and stop letting other people ruin your time spent.
Life gifts you a shitty group, fix it or die trying. In EQ do it literally. :cool:

Ahldagor
03-21-2014, 02:21 PM
http://skcraft.com/attachments/mcqq8-png.1157/

Hollywood
03-21-2014, 02:24 PM
In summary : Some people understand common courtesy and others do not.

Check.

Yonkec
03-21-2014, 03:45 PM
In summary: None of us possess any significant social skills. Instead of discussing our issues with each other like mature responsible(rofl!) human adults, we resort to shit talking on the forums like the meerkats we are anytime our south-mouths get chaffed.

pharmakos
03-21-2014, 04:04 PM
If you set the party up so you have 2 classes capable of healing (even crappy heals) or 2 capable of tanking, other than a deep dungeon party, something like an OT group can chug along fine (even with fast drops) imho.

this is good advice imo. seems like everyone wants to set up the ideal Tank / Cleric / Enchanter / Puller / DPS / DPS type group.... which is awesome under ideal circumstances if all 6 of them are going to be playing for the next several hours... but if any of them have limited play time it makes a lot more sense to double up on tanks and healers.

Magifyre
03-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Sometimes I wonder how some people dress themselves in the morning.