PDA

View Full Version : How to change the keybind for flipping pages in the spellbook?

Yanomamo
03-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Hey there,

Does anyone know how to change this keybind? It's defaulted to Shift + arrows (left and right) which requires 2 hands on the keyboard. I've looked all through the "keys" section in options and don't see it anywhere.

Rhambuk
03-16-2014, 09:54 PM
I don't need to use shift to page through the spellbook arrow keys alone work fine

Yanomamo
03-16-2014, 09:59 PM
That seems to work for me too :) ...Still way inconvenient

myriverse
03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
You can't press shirt+arrow with one hand?
:confused:
Well, why not?

Thulack
03-17-2014, 07:55 AM
That seems to work for me too :) ...Still way inconvenient

It's inconvenient to hit left and right? not sure how you would hotkey it anymore convenient.

Yanomamo
03-17-2014, 05:39 PM
It's inconvenient to hit left and right? not sure how you would hotkey it anymore convenient.

Well yeah to do that you have to either take your hand off the mouse or move your left hand all the way to the other side of the keyboard. Since I've started playing enchanter I am constanty swapping spells. It would be nice to be able to do that while always keeping my left hand on the movement keys and right hand on the mouse.

Yonkec
03-17-2014, 05:44 PM
/book 1

/book 5

etc.

Make each of these a macro for pages 1/2 , 2/3, 3/4, etc and bind them to each of your numpad numbers through hotbar 8 or 9 or one you dont actively use. Problem solved. If you happen to frequently use more than 9 sets of pages in your spellbook you need to re-evaluate how you sort it.

Swish
03-17-2014, 05:45 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/p1qUMHkKiRRgk/giphy.gif

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Well yeah to do that you have to either take your hand off the mouse or move your left hand all the way to the other side of the keyboard. Since I've started playing enchanter I am constanty swapping spells. It would be nice to be able to do that while always keeping my left hand on the movement keys and right hand on the mouse.

Bind your keys based on overall usage in concentric circles around your H key including remapping your keys for typing. You may find it inconvenient at first but your play style will more closely resemble driving a bus and you should find yourself more in sync with natures natural rythyms including the Fibonacci number.

Or read the thread, bind your hot keys to two bars and never use your mouse again...

Lamil
03-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Bind your keys based on overall usage in concentric circles around your H key including remapping your keys for typing. You may find it inconvenient at first but your play style will more closely resemble driving a bus and you should find yourself more in sync with natures natural rythyms including the Fibonacci number.

Or read the thread, bind your hot keys to two bars and never use your mouse again...

Oh man this post had me rolling at work