PDA

View Full Version : Shrink and dungeons

Ergomas
03-16-2014, 07:02 PM
I know it has been some time since I played, but I do know that I could both Sow AND shrink in Unrest. I spent many levels there in classic EQ.

Can someone explain to me why shrink is not working?

khanable
03-16-2014, 07:03 PM
it's not indoors

edit: I meant dungeon flagged, which I would have assumed unrest was.. shrug

Ergomas
03-16-2014, 07:07 PM
it's not indoors

That never stopped me from being able to sow and shrink - ever. Why is that the case?

Ergomas
03-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Druids were constantly in wolf form, sow worked and so did shrink.

khanable
03-16-2014, 07:11 PM
I dunno, if it's wrong research it, cite your sources, and make a bug report

of course unless you played after this point

------------------------------
September 26, 2002 3:00 am
- Shaman and Beastlord Shrink spell has had its location restriction
removed.

Cecily
03-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Tiny ogres rampaging all over Norath would do nothing but improve the game.

khanable
03-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Tiny ogres rampaging all over Norath would do nothing but improve the game.

Technically shrink potions should have no restriction. Is this not the case?

Ergomas
03-16-2014, 07:17 PM

removed.

No I played long before Kunark was released. I grew up in unrust. This was EQ classic and shrink did have limits, but Unrest - and anything considered a 'dungeon' was shrinkable.

I do not know how to cite that except I was a shaman and I shrank all large races and even druids.

Comapavik
03-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Think you might be remembering wrong. I remember not being able to shrink in Unrest, Cazic, and Karnor's. All 'outdoor' dungeons. Had to use wolf form to make the fatties tolerable.

Gaffin 7.0
03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
shrink pots work anywhere, but shrink cast only works indoors

Ergomas
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Think you might be remembering wrong. I remember not being able to shrink in Unrest, Cazic, and Karnor's. All 'outdoor' dungeons. Had to use wolf form to make the fatties tolerable.

I know people would ask for wolf form if no shammy was around, but I did use shrink and often.

Why would a dungeon only spell not work in some dungeons? This seems silly.

Tiax
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
For every person convinced of X, you can find someone convinced of not X. Which means you are going to have to find proof to get something like this implemented.

Tiax
03-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Why would a dungeon only spell not work in some dungeons? This seems silly.

Because its outdoors.

Ergomas
03-16-2014, 08:02 PM
For every person convinced of X, you can find someone convinced of not X. Which means you are going to have to find proof to get something like this implemented.

I am open to suggestions.

Tiax
03-16-2014, 08:03 PM
I am open to suggestions.

Timestamped screenshot of a shrunk ogre at fireplace =)

Byrjun
03-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Timestamped screenshot of a shrunk ogre at fireplace =)

Still not good enough because of shrink potions working anywhere.

myriverse
03-17-2014, 08:26 AM

removed.

From the EQ newsgroup (alt.games.everquest) on 04/28/2000:
"This is mostly because certain spells, such as Shrink and
Screaming Terror, are set to dungeon-only. And they work in places like
BlackBurrow and Unrest, which are outdoor zones."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.games.everquest/shrink$20unrest/alt.games.everquest/JfpNOFDleHY/sFsextBkFhMJ

And in another newsgroup thread, dated 01/14/2000:
"Unless all of these tight spots are in dungeons, Shaman Shrink only
works indoors (and in Unrest, which seems to behave as both an indoor
and outdoor zone at the same time)."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.games.everquest/shrink$20unrest/alt.games.everquest/JlZH2eUBnvU/T14cUad6Aw0J

Vindor
03-17-2014, 08:54 AM
I dont really get this "classic" thing.

Why compromise for some things and not for some others. We are not medding on our spellbooks, we are using item links, we had kunark only out for years more than classic etc etc.

I tho the point was more to make the game as good as possible. Implementing things that nobody wants for the sake of "classicness" while there is much things that arent already, seems a little fanatic.

Brut
03-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Played shm early 2000 onwards, know damn well could shrink in zones like Crushbone. Unfortunately this is one of those things that you'll struggle to find any evidence of, since no one back then wrote mechanic guides on this kind of stuff. Best I found was guy saying circa 1999 that he "played around with the spell in Blackburrow".

And nope, it has nothing to do with indoors and outdoors guys. Stop repeating that stupid mantra, there were simply outdoors zones that were flagged as "dungeons", ie Mistmoore, Unrest, Blackburrow, Crushbone.

Ergomas
03-17-2014, 04:18 PM
It seems like such an easy fix. Update zone set shrinkusable 1 where zonetype = dungeon.

GG. It cant be that hard.

Ergomas
03-17-2014, 04:20 PM

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.games.everquest/shrink$20unrest/alt.games.everquest/JfpNOFDleHY/sFsextBkFhMJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.games.everquest/shrink$20unrest/alt.games.everquest/JlZH2eUBnvU/T14cUad6Aw0J

Thank you! I'm not high.

lecompte
03-17-2014, 04:22 PM

Great. Now make a bug report. In the words of many forum goers re shink in unrest: Shit is classic yo.

Champion_Standing
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM

Why compromise for some things and not for some others. We are not medding on our spellbooks, we are using item links, we had kunark only out for years more than classic etc etc.

I tho the point was more to make the game as good as possible. Implementing things that nobody wants for the sake of "classicness" while there is much things that arent already, seems a little fanatic.

the lack of spellbook medding and the item links are a result of the titanium client and its UI. If they could change it, they probably would have already.

Ergomas
03-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Bug report posted:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1369468#post1369468

Clark
03-18-2014, 07:19 AM
shrink pots work anywhere, but shrink cast only works indoors

Pyrion
03-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Shamans can shrink indoors, druids shrink outdoors (share wolf form, need level 39 though i think). So in higher level outdoor dungeons contact your local druid if you don't want to invest in shrink potions. Wolf form gives you +30ATK too btw.

Millburn
03-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Cuteness PSA: Unlike some races where you can only shrink twice, pets can be shrunk around 4 times...which makes just about anything ADORABLE.

Quineloe
03-18-2014, 12:37 PM

They're working on the spell book thing. The alternative would be not having a server at all until they've reversed every single change in the entire game. Would you prefer that?

Stonecrush
03-18-2014, 01:43 PM
They're working on the spell book thing. The alternative would be not having a server at all until they've reversed every single change in the entire game. Would you prefer that?

I can hear the screams from the OT now.
SoanSo Shouts: DANG GOON's GOT ME AGAIN!

If this change goes through, I bet a lot more people will be upset.

As a side note. I think I'd find it rather enjoyable.

It gave players a chance to stare at their classes specific animated identifier. :confused:

Ergomas
03-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Shamans can shrink indoors, druids shrink outdoors (share wolf form, need level 39 though i think). So in higher level outdoor dungeons contact your local druid if you don't want to invest in shrink potions. Wolf form gives you +30ATK too btw.

It should work in dungeons, regardless of indoor/outdoor type, see unrust and MM.

Bug.

Ahldagor
03-18-2014, 08:43 PM

why the spell book? it's one of the dumbest things in classic eq.