PDA

View Full Version : Ragefire rules clarification

zanderklocke
03-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Looking for a little more clarification on rules for Ragefire.

From what I understand, the turn-in group has 20 minutes to engage human after pearl is turned in and 20 minutes to engage dragon after human form is killed.

However, there is a bit of haziness for me with the human form.

1. If the human aggros immediately, does the 20 min timer stand for when he must be killed by, or does the 20 min timer only correspond to engaging the human? Is there no time limit on how long a group can take to kill him, or is there a "stalling" time limit based on the assessment of what a "reasonable" amount of time would be to kill him based on the group make up.

2. If the turn in person FDs immediately after handing in pearl and human form aggroging, how does that affect the 20 min engage timer?

I watched a 60 cleric and 60 monk killing the human upon aggroing him right at turn in, but then he was not killed until after the 20 minute timer was up. So essentially the human form was engaged and fought for over 20 minutes.

I think the group should rightly be awarded the loot, as they were able to beat other groups to the hand-in faster, but I would like some clarification on the rules for future understanding.

Lazie
03-15-2014, 02:13 PM

From what I understand, the turn-in group has 20 minutes to engage human after pearl is turned in and 20 minutes to engage dragon after human form is killed.

1. If the human aggros immediately, does the 20 min timer stand for when he must be killed by, or does the 20 min timer only correspond to engaging the human? Is there no time limit on how long a group can take to kill him, or is there a "stalling" time limit based on the assessment of what a "reasonable" amount of time would be to kill him based on the group make up.

2. If the turn in person FDs immediately after handing in pearl and human form aggroging, how does that affect the 20 min engage timer?

I watched a 60 cleric and 60 monk killing the human upon aggroing him right at turn in, but then he was not killed until after the 20 minute timer was up. So essentially the human form was engaged and fought for over 20 minutes.

I think the group should rightly be awarded the loot, as they were able to beat other groups to the hand-in faster, but I would like some clarification on the rules for future understanding.

They have 20 minutes to engage on both is my understanding. Doesn't matter how long they take to kill them once they are engaged.

zanderklocke
03-15-2014, 02:15 PM
They have 20 minutes to engage on both is my understanding. Doesn't matter how long they take to kill them once they are engaged.

Aha. Thank you. What about monks turning in and FDing if they get aggro?

Pint
03-15-2014, 06:37 PM
You get 20 mins from turn in to kill the human then 20 mins from human death to kill the dragon. If someone is stalling and bp healing te human indefinitely then petition them for stalling or wait the 20minutes then kill the human yourself. It's very easy to tell if someone is stalling vs just killing very slowly from lack of dps.

zanderklocke
03-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Hmm...is there an official rule for this encounter listed somewhere because 20 mins to kill is very different from 20 mins to engage. I mean everything I know from the encounter is second-hand and not out of the mouth of the staff.

khanable
03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Was under the impression you get 20 minutes from turn in and that's it.

edit: 20 minutes to engage.

Freakish
03-15-2014, 10:36 PM

I was that cleric. Here is what you saw: Magi and Ragefire (non KOS) being up. I turned my pearl in with sneak and snuck behind the wall where I was sitting and waiting for my monk to show up to engage magi then kill Ragefire. MonkB (not related to me) aggros then feigns near me who was sitting safe behind the wall. I die because I can't solo it. No worries, i'm bound in lair so I loot and invis up. It happens again with another character who runs over and dies to me because they logged in to kos form. Whatever. Basically i'm chain trained to where I need to rez and get myself back to 60, so we engage and I have to get some mana up to be able to kill it. So yeah, we engaged human form ~5 minutes after he spawns then take forever to kill it. If I wasn't trained we would have been done within those 20.

Basically we can stall as long as we want as long as we're making an effort at killing it. Trust me, keeping a tank up and trying to regen mana in human form when he's unslowed isn't that simple. If it was, I would have been done 10 minutes earlier.

Freakish
03-15-2014, 10:43 PM
To clarify: Jayce (HFL CLR) turned in pearl. Monk and cleric unrelated to me aggro it and die. A-Team cleric logs in aggros it and dies. Zanderr aggros it and ?? loses aggro. He was engaged seriously about 5-10 after he spawned.

arsenalpow
03-16-2014, 01:45 AM
you get 20 minutes or a wipe

HeallunRumblebelly
03-16-2014, 07:18 AM
you get 20 minutes or a wipe

I always thought this was the case. Basically have enough time to clear the 2 fg's near bridge and then you really need to shit or get off the pot for rage.

zanderklocke
03-16-2014, 09:41 AM
I was that cleric. Here is what you saw: Magi and Ragefire (non KOS) being up. I turned my pearl in with sneak and snuck behind the wall where I was sitting and waiting for my monk to show up to engage magi then kill Ragefire. MonkB (not related to me) aggros then feigns near me who was sitting safe behind the wall. I die because I can't solo it. No worries, i'm bound in lair so I loot and invis up. It happens again with another character who runs over and dies to me because they logged in to kos form. Whatever. Basically i'm chain trained to where I need to rez and get myself back to 60, so we engage and I have to get some mana up to be able to kill it. So yeah, we engaged human form ~5 minutes after he spawns then take forever to kill it. If I wasn't trained we would have been done within those 20.

Basically we can stall as long as we want as long as we're making an effort at killing it. Trust me, keeping a tank up and trying to regen mana in human form when he's unslowed isn't that simple. If it was, I would have been done 10 minutes earlier.

Hmm...yeah I thought that monk was with you because he shared guild tag. Theoretically, if you were trained by people that weren't with you and you didn't die due to your own actions, it would have been your RF to begin with regardless due to others training.

But yes, this thread answers my question. As long as you engage, within 20 minutes, it does not matter how long you take to kill, assuming you don't just root/kite human and aren't "attacking" him.

Thanks all.