PDA

View Full Version : Circlet of the Falinkan

Kindadar
03-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Description: Ralgyn does not accept the final turn-in quest at ally(not max yet), but according to allakhazam, he should accept it at warmly.

NOTE: this quest may have been bugged until sometime later in 2001. Source:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1276

Relevant NPCs: Ralgyn

Relevant LOCs: Don't recall exact loc, but he is one of the last wurms before Yelinak.

Steps to reproduce bug:

Loot Staff Sergeant Drioc's head (Kael bank), Vilefang's fang(Dragon Necroplis entropy serpent pool), Gkrean, Prophet of Tallon's Teachings of Gkrean (Kael Arena), Taskmaster Abyott's head and talisman (Great Divide).
Turn Head of the Taskmaster and old worn talisman into Kardakor in Great Divide, run to Rolandal (Wakening Lands) and turn the new talisman in along with the previously looted items.
Hand the final "Glanitar's Imbued Talisman" into Ralgyn in Skyshrine.

-Kin

EDIT: Just attempted handing in the quest at MAX ally. The Imbued Talisman was eaten again.

Did some further research and it seems this quest was not completed until May 31 2001. Source: http://www.sok.org/archive/index.php/t-281.html - Ironically it seemed to be first completed by TMO. I am not sure however, of when this quest was added.

Looks like this quest was added with the patch on 5/30/01. Source: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3378
Rolandal in Wakening Lands, Kardakor and Taskmaster Abyott in Great Divide were not in the game per the timeline and were added with that patch.

Post New Dragon, methinks
Saw, and got killed, by a white colored dragon in Wakening Lands just right before EQ was taken down for that emergency patch. Was running to Kael to res a good buddy of mine.

Anyways, dragon's name is Rolandal, and hangs around the area of pos 3000, and neg 200. Conned red to me at 52 (what doesn't nowadays) and, apparently, scowls at me. I'm on giant faction, and KoS to good ole Claws and the likes of the Dragon factions over at Velious.

Here is the correct text for finishing the quest as well: Ralgyn says 'It is with great sorrow that I receive this talisman which clearly symbolizes the death of my son, for he would first suffer a hundred deaths rather than to willingly give up his only bind to his Mother. However your assistance and dedication to me is unquestioned. For your efforts I would like you to carry something very special to me. Please take this Circlet and treasure it always as it belonged to my Faliana. I feel as much as you assisted me in obtaining the whereabouts of my son, I know that she would want you to have it as much as I do. Sadly, now I must mourn my lost son. However, I shall never forget your kindness, <playername>. Thank you.'

Your faction standing with Claws of Veeshan could not possibly get any better.
Your faction standing with Yelinak got better.
Your faction standing with Kromzek could not possibly get any worse.
You gain experience!!

***Receive: Circlet of the Falinkan***

Kindadar
03-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Updated with new findings.

nilbog
03-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Fixed, pending update.

Did not restrict their spawning yet, as the quest should be tested.

Kindadar
03-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Did the quest again and it's fixed! Thanks Nilbog!