PDA

View Full Version : Thurgadin - guards are not killing spiders/bats/rats/goos

khanable
03-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Was my favorite 35-40 spot on live. Would always run them to guards if I got two.

Guards don't seem to give a shit here.

Couldn't find much to back it up from the era, but there is this:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=102#m105063969390785

No one has really commented on how easy the exp here is for 35-40 , go to the mines and just starting whipping everything in sight it takes no more then 2 blues of mana for a 36 BL to kill any one thing and the exp is awesome a blue or more per kill. The goos drop the best loot and are the best exp , spiders are extremely Magic Resistant, and are crappy exp and hit very hard and fast but they are still easy to kill solo , the bats are medium and give the 2nd best exp and the rats are just pitifully easy. And if your a melee or just need a heal once you exit the mines run right passed icewell when you hit a T section turn right again and run into the fort, Battlepreist BlahBlah will heal you for 300 2 times automaticaly if you have a mob on you so whenever im at low health i just grab a spider or something run him to the fort get healed and watch 16 coldain kill one spider its quite fun.

Also guards dont appear to assist each other. Not sure if correct or not.

nilbog
03-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Increased their aggro radius a little bit as well.

Rasah
03-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Not sure if it is related, but the coldain tower guards in GD didn't assist in killing a giant that I trained to their tower. Here is a link to allakhazam that suggests that they should:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=113

I had great luck in GD quad kiting Dire Wolves from lvl 35 to 39. They were amazing experience, just be sure to keep an eye out for giants. The great thing about the dire wolves is that if you get aggroed by a giant, you can pull him to the coldain guards.

nilbog
03-16-2014, 01:38 PM
I took some giants and wolves to the tower, and the tower guards beat them up.

If you can replicate it again, let me know what npc you're using.

Nirgon
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Fixed, pending update.

Increased their aggro radius a little bit as well.

Guards across the board here seem to have a much smaller assist radius than I remember. Most notably, I've brought up Sergeant Slate a few times :cool:.