PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to join the fray...

wdavid78
03-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi all. I'll be rolling up a character just as soon as I can get my login setup (there are some issues with activating new accounts on EQEmulator.org)

I started playing EQ back in June of '99 on Mith Marr... and then moved to the Test Server by the end of the year (had quite a few friends playing there, and they convinced me to move). Loved Kunark, Velious was good... and then my experience started to go downhill after that. Got a bit of a bump again with LDoN, since I had a group of friends to do them with most days... but that was about the end of it. By the time Gates of Discord came out, my EQ days were pretty much done.

Mostly I played a HE Cleric, but also loved my HE Enchanter. Probably going to end up rolling one of each class on Blue once I get started. What I'm curious of, however, is whether or not there's an over-abundance of Clerics on the server already. Sure, groups love a cleric... but they generally don't want two.

I long for the good old days, though... I can remember when Kunark launched and a few of my friends and I headed over there... it was full of danger and wonder. I really hope I can recapture that feeling with Project 1999. I look forward to meeting you all in game, and eventually resurrecting your corpses :)

Whirled
03-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Welcome back to the game! Only started a couple months ago myself & already have a 31 iksar warrior. As far as clerics on the server; just play whatever you want to play. Some class/races will be easier (or tougher) but there's plenty of people to help with just about anything on the server from giving you some starter items to just some conversation / friendly advice.

lecompte
03-14-2014, 01:10 PM
HA! Well we look forward to having you on the server. Typically, with clerics, there are either 50 of them LFG or you can't find a one to save your life (literally!).

wdavid78
03-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Feast or famine. I know that feeling. That's why I played an enchanter as an alt. Usually if I couldn't find something to do with one, I could with the other.

I could go back and play on the Test server, but with all the expansions EQ is just crazy... I'd rather deal with a couple expansions and a better community. :)

lecompte
03-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Oh and something you'll notice while on your enchanter that is boggling: They aren't considered DPS by less knowledgable groups. WTF, ikr? The best DPS class in the game not considered DPS /boggle.

Lyrith
03-14-2014, 01:33 PM
I never had a hard time finding groups with my cleric, just sometimes I would have to go to a different leveling area. Like to CoM instead of SolB, etc. Clerics are always needed and wanted and you will have a lot of guild options as a cleric as well.

Everyone seems to play an enchanters on this server or have an enchanters alt. Once the Chardok AoE's began everyone and their mother wanted a 60 chanter to make money or help friends level.

wdavid78
03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
I spent WAY too much time doing KPC... I'd be fine with doing something other than SolB. heh.