PDA

View Full Version : Starting on RED - Advice

daasgoot
03-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Hey all,

Currently have a couple characters on blue, but i really enjoy the PVP aspect in online gaming and was thinking i would switch over to red.

I am looking for any advice to new starting players on the red server.

Planning to roll a Wizard - thoughts?

Thank you!

Obwin
03-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Wizard is good in PvP, able to port and solo naked "relatively" well.

My first char was a wiz, solo'd naked into my 40s and it was slow but find some good 1-2 mob camps and semi afk, levels go by pretty fast. You probably won't be able to quad until you can save up for some jboots and pve gear for me that was lvl 51. If you can make some friends and get handouts it will be earlier but I just kind of did my own thing and built my char with my own means.

Good choice IMO. Can level just fine and a class that is good as pvp and desirable to any guild at high lvls.

Also avoid places like unrest, MM, guk, sol b until you are ready to take on twinks and griefers. PM me and I'll give you the places I leveled if you are interested. I'm on vacation right now but I'll me on next week, send a tell and I can help you out with some spell money etc.

mostbitter
03-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Wizard is good, send tell to maximilien or miria after my suspension ends on saturday and I will be happy to throw you a starter package.

Juhstin
03-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Wizard is fine for Red as a first character. Despite the drama most high level people will assist you with info and items. As previously stated by Obwin, you want to avoid obvious spots. Oasis, Unrest, MM, etc. as people tend to keep twinks parked there for PvP. I would say as for Guk you should feel obligated to go there once and feel the wrath of Chewie. But otherwise avoid Guk and him too.

Iandyan
03-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Send tells to my druid (Besindee) for free ports until you get your own.

BigHurb
03-14-2014, 01:03 PM
dont listen to anyone giving you "advice" that doesnt include not playing here.

ps: dont play here

pss DO get killed by chewie if you do

Recycled Children
03-14-2014, 01:16 PM
dont listen to anyone giving you "advice" that doesnt include not playing here.

ps: dont play here

pss DO get killed by chewie if you do

Ban imminent.

Swish
03-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Similarly, I've got a 49 wizard here that I played before the bottom fell out of the server's population. Very easy to solo with, the bard diet might be the way to go (look it up on the wiki) if you don't mind being semi-afk between pulls.

Wizards are obviously quite squishy in pvp and are usually the first target of an attacking group, so keep that in mind if you get ambushed (I always kept yonder up). What you can kill really opens up if you're playing a dark elf wizard (named sisters in OOT, guards in the "good" cities/Highkeep etc. :p

HippoNipple
03-14-2014, 01:43 PM
What you can kill really opens up if you're playing a dark elf wizard (named sisters in OOT, guards in the "good" cities/Highkeep etc. :p

Hmmm having a couple extra guards to choose from when leveling up or being able to see through walls on a pvp server. Tough choice.

mostbitter
03-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Also as far as legitimate advice is concerned i think the best piece of advice anyone can give you is DO NOT share your account info with anyone under any circumstance. It's a very common thing to do on red as the community is small and it is almost mandatory for smaller guilds to survive but just don't do it, because some day you will regret it in a big way.

Tassador
03-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Pop + 1 or troll + 1 it's up to you to decide!

Zoolander
03-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Hey all,

Currently have a couple characters on blue, but i really enjoy the PVP aspect in online gaming and was thinking i would switch over to red.

I am looking for any advice to new starting players on the red server.

Planning to roll a Wizard - thoughts?

Thank you!

if you realy want to play a wizard go for it.

if you start the wizard because you are scared about not finding groups dont do it and roll whatever character u want to start. just apply to red dawn in this case, plenty of lowlvl groups rolling there at any time of the day

HippoNipple
03-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Start up as wizard/druid, join FoH, level up, back stab everyone you see while they have a mob on them, hit 52, join a different raiding guild, get a few more levels and raid some, then quit.

Fame
03-14-2014, 03:59 PM
You're sick

Azure
03-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Good luck. Don't let people melee you, run away, make them run into your spells. Meditate, re-cast skin buffs and shadowstep as needed. Dots suck.

Clerics and pallies will outheal you and then proceed to chase you all over once your OOM.

The element of surprise works really well as you can usually land 2 big nukes before a afk/drowsy/lazy/unaware player reacts.

HippoNipple
03-14-2014, 04:21 PM
FoH is only recruiting levels 58+

Server doomed.