PDA

View Full Version : Cleric cash loots?

Bolix
03-14-2014, 08:04 AM
On live, the general practice was for clerics to take the coin loots, but if an item drops, everyone randoms for it (unless it is a need for a particular person of course). This is because peridots cost lots of pp.

Does this still hold? I have been hoovering up all coins / words / gems on my cleric in groups. No-one really complains, but am I being a bit greedy? (well, I know that I am greedy in general, but is this greed justified on this particular occasion?)

Mirox
03-14-2014, 08:19 AM
On live, the general practice was for clerics to take the coin loots, but if an item drops, everyone randoms for it (unless it is a need for a particular person of course). This is because peridots cost lots of pp.

Does this still hold? I have been hoovering up all coins / words / gems on my cleric in groups. No-one really complains, but am I being a bit greedy? (well, I know that I am greedy in general, but is this greed justified on this particular occasion?)

I never heard of this before on live. On Vallon Zek, someone with a lot of weight allowance looted everything, then split before the people left (even gems if they couldn't get to a vendor).

Edit: I don't think clerics looting everything happens on this server either. At least from my experience.

Ugrask
03-14-2014, 08:24 AM
This was the norm on Nameless. Cleric would normally do a split at the end as well.

Unless it was Calabee, greedy fuck.

Daldaen
03-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Generally I let the cleric loot all the gems. Namely peridots. At lower levels clerics often don't symbol so no point.

Sebilis groups will generally alpha-sort high value gems. You alternate looting them.

Swifty
03-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Personally i always ask for the periots that drop, and maybe one sellable gem. I never Symbol other than the tank and chanter, so i would feel bad if i got all dropables.

Swish
03-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Unless it was Calabee, greedy fuck.

Calabee don't care, won't let people grinding their first rogue epic in on the dwarf/dark elf parchments. Says he gave loads of stuff away in the last 3 years so no compromises #yolo. Gotta make that big MQ plat for Velious yo.

@OP, generally you'll have to get up and get in there yourself on this server if you want any loot. People are quite good later on in KC/Seb and normally give peridots to the cleric to sub for their symbols. In Sebilis you'll often see alpha on gems, but with the cleric going first, THEN alpha.

Freakish
03-14-2014, 09:26 AM
If they're good gems (rubies, star ruby earrings etc) you should rotate. If they're lesser gems such as peridots, jaspers, onyx etc nobody will blink an eye. I suggest keeping a stack of jaspers handy if people are asking for symbol and are not the main tank. They'll see the Symbol of Xx and be happy that you complied. Keep peridot symbols for people who need it.

fishingme
03-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Cleric gets all the peridots

Liia
03-14-2014, 10:38 AM

Just take all the peridots. I believe most players will even offer them to you since you want to med as much as possible. Most of the time you can probably took everything you want on corpse beside items and high end gems are usually alpha looted. I don't think there's much problems with the cost of peridots really unless you raid alot and whipe alot.

Calabee don't care, won't let people grinding their first rogue epic in on the dwarf/dark elf parchments. Says he gave loads of stuff away in the last 3 years so no compromises #yolo. Gotta make that big MQ plat for Velious yo.

You got your epic Swish! I passed twice for you! But in is defense, we mostly never know if the rogue really need an epic or if he is just one of the other MQer on the server.
Tyla doing good backstabs now! /cheer

Swish
03-14-2014, 10:45 AM
You got your epic Swish! I passed twice for you! But in is defense, we mostly never know if the rogue really need an epic or if he is just one of the other MQer on the server.
Tyla doing good backstabs now! /cheer

You did! Proof there's good people on the server. I guess its possible people will hide their epic in their bags, I hadn't thought of that... but yeah, doing big things with the epic - even bought up an Edge of the Nightwalker :p

Clark
03-14-2014, 10:47 AM
I always think clerics should get the most gems/coin in group.

Calibix
03-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Most pug groups I've done in seb alpha loot the gems, with the first one going to cleric for dots.

Mithan
03-14-2014, 06:03 PM
As someone leveling a cleric as main char, currently 30, I will occasionally ask for gem drops.

It's not so much that I cast symbol often, I only do in groups that are tackling dangerous content, and that's rare.

I do it because if I get up to loot frequently, then I can't med as much, and that increases the whole groups downtime, beside If i did want to loot weapons and other heavy stuff, I'd have to be wearing cloth to be able to move, therefore die often, therefore increase the downtime too.

Most people don't have a problem with it.

lecompte
03-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Clerics get all the 60-300pp gems if it isn't a heavy drop area, otherwise it is alpha.. Plat is whoever is looting.

loramin
03-14-2014, 07:54 PM
I agree with everything said so far with one caveat: when it comes to matters of loot it is ALWAYS a good idea to be explicit with pick-up groups. If you just give a quick one sentence:

Anyone object to me keeping all the coin (or all the cheap gems, or ... whatever) to pay for my peridot costs?

it can potentially save you a lot of drama. I think most, if not all, reasonable players will be ok with that, but there's always the bad apples and the last thing you want is some nut making a huge fuss because you looted 0.7 plat when they weren't expecting it.

(I don't even group all that much, so I've never personally seen such nuts, but if you read these forums you'll quickly learn that they do exist.)

jaybone
03-14-2014, 08:53 PM

this is p99 bro. its RMT > need

Jimjam
03-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Groups aren't as addicted to clerics on p99 as they were on live. As such I don't think clerics get away with quite as much diva behaviour, but I doubt many will mind if you hoover up all the peridots that drop.

Bolix
03-15-2014, 07:54 AM
thanks for all those views.
seems like sharing would be better than hogging all the pp and gems, will stop hoovering up quite so much then!

HeallunRumblebelly
03-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Cleric gets all the peridots

Dunno, I personally spend more damn peridot on rune V than I do on symbol :P But yeah, in exp groups there's little reason to symbol anyone but tank / enc until you get group naltron ^_^

Calabee
03-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Calabee don't care, won't let people grinding their first rogue epic in on the dwarf/dark elf parchments.

lol, just lol.. go fuck yourself swish, stop taking picks at me for absolutely nothing. (you dont like epic mq's, we get it, no need to talk shit for absolutely no reason without even credentials or actual facts) NEWSFLASH when u showed up in kaladim, needing your ''first rogue epic'' i didnt come back for the whole day. And i've left / stopped after epicless rogs shows up.

Swish
03-15-2014, 10:15 AM
i've left / stopped after epicless rogs shows up.

My only rogue epic, I don't MQ...and you waited around for him to spawn despite seeing a 40s rogue with pre epic weps stood there. Don't twist facts, only me and you know what happened, but damned if I'll let you say you didn't try pickpocketing anyway and didn't return later on because you were there again.

Is this you stood here, pickpocketing?

http://i.imgur.com/XMfI2r3.jpg

Sure it happens on other epic quests too, and its probably wrong to single out one person when there's dozens of people who do this on cleric epics and such... but Calabee is a "me first" player with an attitude to match.

Liia/Aylar on the other hand was awesome and had a set of ethics, let me have the first try at a spawn both in Kaladim and on the Lake Rathe part where I'd been sat for 5 hours.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-15-2014, 10:25 AM
I fail to see the issue. Culp was at the mob first getting the note, you can either rush it or go away for a bit. Not sure where pickpocketing falls under camp dispute rules.

Calabee
03-15-2014, 10:29 AM
dont twist facts? yer fucking retarded, i sat there, no one else in zone, he popped, i pick pocketed, u showed up AFTER... then i didnt care to come back and left it all to you.

and yea i logged back upon next spawn to see if u'd come back, when i saw u, i logged back out right after. As i said.. left him after to an EPICLESS rog

Point? Stop yer fucking crying

Calabee
03-15-2014, 10:38 AM
swish, if you had a monk main, 50 +, no fungi, would you go to king camp in seb and guilt trip the grp there into leaving because you're a main who doesnt have his fungi yet?

I mean... they're most likely only there to sell it right?

Gtfo

and ''me first'' player lol, you're fucking sad. You dont even know me. I've gave out shit like chardok cle gloves (500k) manastones (200k) fungis (100k) to friends FREE... yea... me first

Swish
03-15-2014, 11:10 AM
swish, if you had a monk main, 50 +, no fungi, would you go to king camp in seb and guilt trip the grp there into leaving because you're a main who doesnt have his fungi yet?

I mean... they're most likely only there to sell it right?

Gtfo

New to P99? There's your justification for epics being harder... people MQ'ing and locking people out. Rogue epics are thankfully not too hard and determination will get you there.

The big obstacle for a lot of them isn't the quest itself, but the people you come across playing EconomyQuest and putting themselves first and causing a larger bottleneck.

Calabee I can show up at king and get a group fine, there's a big difference between grouping/XP'ing at a camp in Seb and trying to complete an epic versus someone doing their 50th MQ. Not sure where you're going with that comparison.

Ugrask
03-15-2014, 11:29 AM
I like how me poking fun at Cala since I played with him on Nameless turned into this...whoops. (He was a cleric then)

Lisset
03-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Dunno, I personally spend more damn peridot on rune V than I do on symbol :P But yeah, in exp groups there's little reason to symbol anyone but tank / enc until you get group naltron ^_^

Wait, you mean someone actually uses rune 5?

Swish
03-15-2014, 11:47 AM
and ''me first'' player lol, you're fucking sad. You dont even know me. I've gave out shit like chardok cle gloves (500k) manastones (200k) fungis (100k) to friends FREE... yea... me first

Oh?

Maybe I should also bring up how you stole a bunch of high-value spells from Fusion guild bank at the start of Kunark, Calabee.

You are a piece of shit. And you're also a creep who mercilessly tries to buy your way into the hearts and e-vaginas of every female you can(with pixels). I'm honestly shocked that you're not too embarrassed to play here at this point. Most of the people who attain the level of faggotry you have, Calabee, have disappeared (see Minyin 2.0).

Guild bank theft? Seems legit.

Calabee
03-15-2014, 12:00 PM
i've made a rnf post to jeremy about that and the false accusations, thanks for being stupid and thinking rumors 'n lies is truth

webrunner5
03-15-2014, 12:21 PM
When I played on live Rogues usually looted. They have the most strength to carry stuff. :D

HeallunRumblebelly
03-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Wait, you mean someone actually uses rune 5?

Just checked, it's 5. And yeah, raid buffing pre something like hosh or nex is fantastic. Gives you that buffer (especially hosh) to start heroic bonding early. Can do about 4 heroic bonds until people start getting into the danger zone (Laanaaaaaa) and need to WoR. Usually at that point you won't die from the first WoR and may have the mana to pop a second WoR. Then, soulfire/reaper if needbe, but fights haven't been lasting that long. Have had a 3/5 soulfire for like a month now.