PDA

View Full Version : Check it out: Halfling Clerics can SoW and Port

Dr. Steve Brule
03-14-2014, 07:26 AM
Im a Halfling Cleric and i always get asked everday for SoW's and Ports so i went to every cleric guild and looked for a SoW spell and a Port spell but could never find any... so finally i found one at the druid guild, but i cant scribe it into my spell book. Is the game glitched???

Swish
03-14-2014, 07:32 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7G6ciJUMuAk/TGOQMOWsMGI/AAAAAAAABZU/_K91q5OU6hw/s1600/yo+dawg+31.jpg

Vidar
03-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Halflings cant port. It would burn the hair on their feet.

thefloydian
03-14-2014, 09:52 AM
you can't sow until velious

Ele
03-14-2014, 09:52 AM
The requests never stop. Believe me.

Daldaen
03-14-2014, 10:33 AM
Teaches you for creating the worst race in EQ.

I hope eventually live does the right thing. Pillages Rivervale and removes the race entirely from game. Same with gnomes. And people who claim ogre shamans are the only option for shamans.

Swish
03-14-2014, 10:47 AM
...people who claim ogre shamans are the only option for shamans.

Someone was saying you can't tank Lodi without being an ogre shaman. Totally untrue, troll/iksar get regen to help their canni and still managed it fine on live. Also there's not many barb shammies around at the top end these days.

Clark
03-14-2014, 10:47 AM

lol

Porcoa
03-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Same with gnomes.

How dare you.

Jimjam
03-14-2014, 12:25 PM
It's bad. You'd get tells from other zones asking for ports (wtf!?). Happened a lot even though my Halfling cleric never even got past his mid 20s.

I eventually rerolled as a dark elf. Foolishly got my hands on a burynai legion gi (robe) and now I get asked for clarity. *facepalm*.

Swish
03-14-2014, 12:27 PM
I eventually rerolled as a dark elf.

I like happy endings :)

Daldaen
03-14-2014, 12:33 PM
If your class can be an elf, be an elf. See Druid, Cleric, 3 Pure Casters, Bard, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior, Paladin.

If your class can be an iksar, be an iksar. See Shaman, Monk, SK, Necro

Only exception is Necromancer. Must be iksar, dark elf is an invalid option.

No other races are necessary.

Champion_Standing
03-14-2014, 12:43 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/177661_700b.jpg

Guybrush
03-14-2014, 12:43 PM
If your class can be an elf, be an elf. See Druid, Cleric, 3 Pure Casters, Bard, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior, Paladin.

If your class can be an iksar, be an iksar. See Shaman, Monk, SK, Necro

Only exception is Necromancer. Must be iksar, dark elf is an invalid option.

No other races are necessary.

Yeah, why don't I cut my balls off and fill the bleeding hole with tampons while I'm at it?

Daldaen
03-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Yeah, why don't I cut my balls off and fill the bleeding hole with tampons while I'm at it?

Because that would be a bad choice.

Whereas what I suggested is a good choice.

It's pretty obvious here...

thrump
03-14-2014, 12:59 PM
My troll sk gets asked for SHM buffs all the time. I have a sow katana, so I usually swap that in, sow them, then run off. Guessing 90% think I'm a stingy bitch. :p

Swish
03-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Was about to get a rez on my iksar necro the other night and figured I might as well necro heal some dude who zoned out on half health.

"spare a sow?", he asked.

lecompte
03-14-2014, 01:27 PM
It's bad. You'd get tells from other zones asking for ports (wtf!?). Happened a lot even though my Halfling cleric never even got past his mid 20s.

I eventually rerolled as a dark elf. Foolishly got my hands on a burynai legion gi (robe) and now I get asked for clarity. *facepalm*.

44 DE cleric w/ Burynai Gi named Freeportz :X I R Troll. I always offer to teleport them between their bind spot and corpse.

Guybrush
03-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Because that would be a bad choice.

Whereas what I suggested is a good choice.

It's pretty obvious here...

The only way that I can think of elf being a good choice is if you're an exceptionally frail girl IRL and want your character to reflect that about you

Whirled
03-14-2014, 01:55 PM
I also get mistaken for a monk or shaman. I guess iksar warriors are not a common choice.

Rheaume
03-14-2014, 02:14 PM
I also get asked all the time on cleric.

This is my move:
Fill a handmade backpack with 10 single dose SoW potions. (I make them on my main)
When asked for a sow, I say "10pp please".
When they put the 10pp in the window, I trade them a potion.

Still working on the port troll...

Nirgon
03-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Even with a high priestess title

Moodie
03-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I feel your pain. I got all kinds of requests until I got the purple armor on my cleric.

Morticon
03-14-2014, 05:23 PM
When asked for a SoW on my Halfling Cleric, I would always cast Shield of Words on them.

Jimjam
03-14-2014, 05:47 PM
When asked for a SoW on my Halfling Cleric, I would always cast Shield of Words on them.

We have a winner.

Aenor
03-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Are you a cleric running around in leather?

Byrjun
03-15-2014, 12:08 AM
I hope eventually live does the right thing. Pillages Rivervale and removes the race entirely from game.
So, a "classic custom" server started up back in 2004 or so called Winter's Roar. It's known as Shards of Dalaya now, and 10 years later it's not very classic since raid gear has inflated to nearly the stats of live.

Anyways, this server is completely custom with its own lore, gods, etc. Part of the lore involved Rivervale getting totally fucked by the main evil dude (some Iksar, can't remember his name atm). He infects parts of the world with "the mist" or whatever.

Anyways, Rivervale eventually got infected with this shit. I was one of the first people to explore the zone after it got updated, and it was one of the most memorable MMO experiences I've ever had. Essentially, the entire town is haunted. There's a couple quest lines there, and talking to the NPCs alone is creepy enough, not to mention when you finally make it inside the druid guild to find the cannibalistic halflings...

Basically, haunted Rivervale > classic Rivervale. That shit was awesome.

Edit: If you're curious, http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Rivervale. Still doesn't do justice to how creepy experiencing this zone is.

Hopefully linking SoD stuff here is okay. I'm not really recommending the server over P99 since I think it has some serious issues that have been neglected over the years (inflation and the raid scene makes it nearly impossible for new players to get into).

Jimjam
03-15-2014, 06:44 AM
Are you a cleric running around in leather?

Nope. And I bet the othere's aren't either.

I think people must believe halflings have some plate cultural armor for druids or something.

radditsu
03-15-2014, 10:33 AM
So, a "classic custom" server started up back in 2004 or so called Winter's Roar. It's known as Shards of Dalaya now, and 10 years later it's not very classic since raid gear has inflated to nearly the stats of live.

Anyways, this server is completely custom with its own lore, gods, etc. Part of the lore involved Rivervale getting totally fucked by the main evil dude (some Iksar, can't remember his name atm). He infects parts of the world with "the mist" or whatever.

Anyways, Rivervale eventually got infected with this shit. I was one of the first people to explore the zone after it got updated, and it was one of the most memorable MMO experiences I've ever had. Essentially, the entire town is haunted. There's a couple quest lines there, and talking to the NPCs alone is creepy enough, not to mention when you finally make it inside the druid guild to find the cannibalistic halflings...

Basically, haunted Rivervale > classic Rivervale. That shit was awesome.

Edit: If you're curious, http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Rivervale. Still doesn't do justice to how creepy experiencing this zone is.

Hopefully linking SoD stuff here is okay. I'm not really recommending the server over P99 since I think it has some serious issues that have been neglected over the years (inflation and the raid scene makes it nearly impossible for new players to get into).

Rivervale got Riverdaled?

http://afterlifewitharchie.com