PDA

View Full Version : Necro- how best to prevent pet from eating xp?

Faerie
03-13-2014, 03:06 PM
My level 9 necro is using 4 spell to do the 50% xp. Is there a better way? :)

Seem to be spamming spells throughout each fight.

Uteunayr
03-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Sometimes, just letting your pet eat the 50% while you med is worth it.

If you have money, a Smoldering Brand can help pump out a good bit of DPS on your side to beat your pet.

Ultimately, the first 12 levels are the worst for the necro.

Quineloe
03-13-2014, 03:37 PM
you could just group. But yes, level 9 is pretty tough, 10 is insane and 11 feels like your first hell level as a necro.

Swish
03-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Apply your dots, let the pet do its thing from the start. Pull the pet off at 20%-23% or so (just before a feared mob would stop moving with darkness applied), and let your dots do the finishing. Keep darkness/fear applied if you're not in a contained area.

Chances are by the time a mob's health gets to 25% you should have done at least 30% of the damage... if you see my thinking :p

baalzy
03-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Throw your dots on the mob. See how much health it loses in 1 tick (if you're not using a UI that shows health %s... get one). You can now do the math to know how many ticks need to occur for you to have done 50% to that type of mob.

If you need more damage, do as swish said. Pull your pet off when the mob is near flee %'s and let your dots finish cooking.

Potus
03-13-2014, 08:26 PM
My level 9 necro is using 4 spell to do the 50% xp. Is there a better way? :)

Seem to be spamming spells throughout each fight.

Your pet is still a monster compared to what you fight. Let the pet eat the exp and just keep killing things.

Conversely you can kill only skeletons/undead and use Ward to outdamage pet. The problem is this isn't live so your pet will not be able to taunt anything off you and you'll end up tanking.

Malone88
03-13-2014, 09:08 PM

If you have money, a Smoldering Brand can help pump out a good bit of DPS on your side to beat your pet.

Tap Tank with Smoldering Brand (if you can afford one). Early levels will fly by.

Lyrith
03-14-2014, 03:16 PM

Agreed, on my necro level's 1-8 flew by, 8 to 12 took forever, and well 12+ the world was at my finger tips.

Faerie
03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks, friends :)

Good advice.

SamwiseRed
03-14-2014, 06:40 PM
i cant see you as an evil necro Faerie, mite need to change forum handle to Daemon.

Faerie
03-14-2014, 09:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/r9PcRrT.png

Potus
03-14-2014, 11:01 PM
God that webcomic was awful.

Faerie
03-14-2014, 11:10 PM
God that webcomic was awful.

Have you no heart? :(

Jimjam
03-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Happy to see you back, are you redding it up again? or gone blue?

SamwiseRed
03-15-2014, 09:35 AM
duo with a mage or rogue, profit

BigHurb
03-15-2014, 09:47 AM
you could just group.

Ando
03-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Grouping really helps at this level. You get the same exp per mob as if you didn't damage it, but a lot faster. Duo 9-12 was fastest leveling my necro in FOB for me. At 12 you can fear kite solo efficiently (fight undead - Spook the Dead is amazing) and just pull your pet off around 20%.

Faerie
03-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Happy to see you back, are you redding it up again? or gone blue?

This is my red necro, got to level 9 before I quit before. I still haven't done anything to fix my PC, but the video issues don't seem to happen in most newbie zones and the lag is strange in that it comes and goes. Have died a few times when it started up again and I couldn't cast lol.

I've been playing Faerie in groups where they carry me (thanks FoH/RD :P), and been farming OT braids on Nell. Come hang out with me sometime, if you want! I need to stop being lazy about fixing this but you know how things are. If you want to we could make new characters even idk. I'll try to order pc parts today.

Faywind
03-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Grouping really helps at this level. You get the same exp per mob as if you didn't damage it, but a lot faster. Duo 9-12 was fastest leveling my necro in FOB for me. At 12 you can fear kite solo efficiently (fight undead - Spook the Dead is amazing) and just pull your pet off around 20%.

Grouping for sure is what you want to do. Unfortunately you are playing on red so finding anyone online will be impossible. Re-roll blue because playing a single player game sucks...

Faerie
03-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Currently in a duo but thanks lol ;)

Potus
03-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Have you no heart? :(

I used to edit the speech bubbles to have them saying horrible things and then post them online as my own webcomic. It was good times.

Faerie
03-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Should share imo!

Jimjam
03-16-2014, 06:28 PM
This is my red necro, got to level 9 before I quit before. I still haven't done anything to fix my PC, but the video issues don't seem to happen in most newbie zones and the lag is strange in that it comes and goes. Have died a few times when it started up again and I couldn't cast lol.

I've been playing Faerie in groups where they carry me (thanks FoH/RD :P), and been farming OT braids on Nell. Come hang out with me sometime, if you want! I need to stop being lazy about fixing this but you know how things are. If you want to we could make new characters even idk. I'll try to order pc parts today.

That sucks, but at least you are back in Norrath :D.

Odd that it doesn't effect all zones equally. I'm not getting much time to play at the moment so I wouldn't suggest a reroll for my sake, I've got a few different toons available on red going through the late teens up into 30s though so I can drop in on some time later... Whats the necro's name again? PM if you don't want it to be public info :P.