PDA

View Full Version : This downtime....

Calibix
03-13-2014, 01:44 PM
... is making me want to log into Wildstar beta to see the changes. Who's with me?!

Wudan
03-13-2014, 01:58 PM
crickets...

Rhambuk
03-13-2014, 01:58 PM
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad326/Kinamur37/tumblr_kvt3gbO8E51qz9a43o1_500-1.png

Ugrask
03-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Nothing could make WildStar any good.

It's WoW in space last time I played, could barely get past level 10 and I tried a few classes.

Lyrith
03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Nothing could make WildStar any good.

It's WoW in space last time I played, could barely get past level 10 and I tried a few classes.

This kind of makes me sad, I had a couple friends playing Wildstar beta and was getting my hopes up for maybe a new MMORPG to play. Guess not though?

Ugrask
03-13-2014, 02:29 PM
This kind of makes me sad, I had a couple friends playing Wildstar beta and was getting my hopes up for maybe a new MMORPG to play. Guess not though?

It's ultra theme park or whatever the term is. You got from one quest location to the next. And the combat is atrocious. You just spam your skills while running in circles to avoid enemy skills. And spamming certain skills builds up gauges for other skills.

The paths weren't all that relevant either in my time. You could do them or not, was just something else to level.

When I saw the original trailers and saw the humor/creativity I got excited, then I logged in and was quite sad. Been in Beta since last April.

Fett
03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
It's ultra theme park or whatever the term is. You got from one quest location to the next. And the combat is atrocious. You just spam your skills while running in circles to avoid enemy skills. And spamming certain skills builds up gauges for other skills.

The paths weren't all that relevant either in my time. You could do them or not, was just something else to level.

When I saw the original trailers and saw the humor/creativity I got excited, then I logged in and was quite sad. Been in Beta since last April.

What about the building bases/attacking other player's bases bit? That looked it might give it a little redemption. Otherwise it looked pretty WoW-y to me in the trailers.

Ugrask
03-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Never bothered with that bit. With the way the combat system is, I'd rather just play an FPS if I needed PvP that badly.

Lyrith
03-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Did you play Tera? Kind of like that?

Calibix
03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Did you play Tera? Kind of like that?

its a lot more like TERA than it used to be, although with telegraphs instead of aiming with a reticule.

The leveling is pretty bad, but the stuff at higher end is pretty fun/challenging, and leveling gets a lot better in the 30's.

Lyrith
03-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Dungeons and Gear Grinds make the game imho...

Honestly that is why WoW had it right for YEARS... Grinding dungeons to get set armor to work your way into Molten Core / Blackwing Lair.

Calibix
03-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Dungeons and Gear Grinds make the game imho...

Honestly that is why WoW had it right for YEARS... Grinding dungeons to get set armor to work your way into Molten Core / Blackwing Lair.

That aspect looks pretty promising from some buddies who are at max currently. 40 weeks to max token set, and there are drops to be had outside of that.

I'm with you, I could care less about the leveling. It'll be over in a couple of days. Its everything else that's going to keep my attention and subscription.

Ugrask
03-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah I played Tera, the combat only held my interest for so long...went downhill after my first dungeon. Felt too spammy and chaotic.

I feel like if i need to be in my 30s to start enjoying....poor design

Lyrith
03-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Yeah I played Tera, the combat only held my interest for so long...went downhill after my first dungeon. Felt too spammy and chaotic.

I feel like if i need to be in my 30s to start enjoying....poor design

I sure enjoyed Tera's dungeons far greater than Guild Wars 2 dungeons though when it came out, uninstalled and haven't played it since. I didn't like that it felt like there was no true "Tank" "Healer" etc...

Duckwalk
03-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Elder Scrolls Online beta weekend again. It's pretty entertaining. Reminds me of An updated DAoC or Warhammer with better PVE.