PDA

View Full Version : Faction hits for doing nothing.

eisenfaust
03-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Im camping Cordelia Minster in NK and this wizard is quadding guards near me. Everytime he kills them I take faction hits. Why?

baalzy
03-12-2014, 04:31 PM
A bug with proximity aggro the devs haven't fixed yet (not sure if they've even acknowledged it).

sanforce
03-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Probably something to do with the buggy new sit aggro

eisenfaust
03-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Well I just died because he pulled his guards through where I was sitting. Time to find another game, too many window lickers on p99 nowadays.

loramin
03-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Perhaps you should /petition the wizard instead? Training is against the server rules.

Thulack
03-12-2014, 05:10 PM
or were you sitting where he pulled mobs? Sit agro is screwy atm so its not the others guys fault. any other time they wouldnt have agro'd and killed you.

Swish
03-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Haynar thought he'd fixed it, worth putting a bug in (if there hasn't been one already) just in case he's not aware of it.

Eunomia
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Haynar thought he'd fixed it, worth putting a bug in (if there hasn't been one already) just in case he's not aware of it.

Haynar
03-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Making a few changes to it.

Oh, and sitting where mobs are being quadded? Why do people continue to think that is anything other than a bad idea?

H

Haynar
03-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Sit aggro is being changed to where it is never more than max initial aggro. That is biggest issue right now.

Swish
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
If I pull Entyni in the MM pit with her 2 gargs and then FD... should they then aggro the people they can't see sitting up at CE? (z axis etc) That happened last week, couldn't apologize enough to them but got some LoL style heat for it.

They shouldn't be on the aggro list, but as they were now "active" they decided they'd go and cleanse the zone :p

Haynar
03-12-2014, 06:09 PM
There are los checks. But I am making changes. Shouldnt add anyone they cant see.

Haynar
03-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Ok, should not add ppl if the mob or zone requires los aggro in first place. But i am also reducing range of that check too.

skipdog
03-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Oh, and sitting where mobs are being quadded? Why do people continue to think that is anything other than a bad idea?

H

Maybe because they believed they were in a safe spot where those quadded mobs should never ever aggro them no matter what they do?

Can't believe you are sitting here blaming players for your poorly written code that has caused uncountable hours of grief for pretty much everybody on this server.

Yonkec
03-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Maybe because they believed they were in a safe spot where those quadded mobs should never ever aggro them no matter what they do?

Can't believe you are sitting here blaming players for your poorly written code that has caused uncountable hours of grief for pretty much everybody on this server.

Spoken like a true champion. Ill remind them to stop fucking up this free to play, absolutely no money required server that they spend a large amount of their free time trying to improve for you and I.

Haynar
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM

So basically, I need to spend more time testing, until its totally right.

Will do sir.

After I finish other stuff for velious, then i will revist sit aggro.

H

Gaffin 7.0
03-12-2014, 06:45 PM
not sure whats up with it tbh, i dont recall mobs ever hitting everyone in grp sitting when mob is inc without casting or doing anything

Wrench
03-12-2014, 06:46 PM

stfu

seriously, usually hate these guys who kiss up to devs and say 'go play somewhere else if you dont like it', but go play somewhere else if you dont like it

haynars in here tellin you hes workin on it, and your spitting in his face

Thulack
03-12-2014, 06:53 PM
It seems that sit agro is causing enough hate to register faction hits. I'm not totally sure how the whole process or acquiring a faction hit works as thats not my thing but just seems to me like its causes agro like dmg would which would cause the faction hit instead of just getting proximity+some agro.

eisenfaust
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
The first time I took the faction hit, I told the wizard so. He replies with 'weird'. He continued to quad through me a second time, then afterwards asks me, Did you take a faction hit again? I said Yes. These two times I was fast enough to stand up before the guards actually ran within melee range. The third time he brought his guards through me they killed me. I told him that he got me killed and he said that they shouldn't be attacking me. I only posted to find out why, not to put someones name on blast. Also, Haynar, I was not 'sitting where mobs were being quadded' I was sitting where I was sitting camping the damn bard on the bard diet where everyone else sits. There is plenty of room in NK for him to do his thing, no need to run DIRECTLY over me.

Haynar
03-12-2014, 08:01 PM
I got one thing with pathing i need to test, then will totally change sit aggro. If u arent on aggro list, will totally only make mob come smack u if noone else has more hate. Will make it so mob never remembers you.

If ur already on hate list, should behave similar to now. Will just make it so sitting doesnt add you.

Clark
03-13-2014, 02:13 AM
Sit aggro is being changed to where it is never more than max initial aggro. That is biggest issue right now.

Sweet.

fadetree
03-13-2014, 09:13 AM
I got one thing with pathing i need to test, then will totally change sit aggro. If u arent on aggro list, will totally only make mob come smack u if noone else has more hate. Will make it so mob never remembers you.

If ur already on hate list, should behave similar to now. Will just make it so sitting doesnt add you.

That sounds right to me. Totally thanks Haynar ;)

skipdog
03-13-2014, 12:10 PM
stfu

seriously, usually hate these guys who kiss up to devs and say 'go play somewhere else if you dont like it', but go play somewhere else if you dont like it

haynars in here tellin you hes workin on it, and your spitting in his face

Well, the code shouldn't have hit the live servers. It wasn't tested properly, period.

I'm sorry, but the sit aggro code would've been incredibly easy to test. I don't have a soft spot in my heart for developers who release untested code. I don't care what the project is or if the developer is a volunteer. I'm still going to voice my opinion on a dev causing a major fuck-up that is causing grief to hundreds of people.

The code has single handedly caused tons of headaches for a massive number of people on this server. Sorry that I'm not going to shy away from my opinion.

The fact is, Haynar released code that has caused all of us grief, without even the slightest bit of testing. THAT is what I have a problem with. Am I thankful for the devs work? Well, sure I am.

It doesn't mean that I'm going to hold back though when a developer makes a blatant fuck up like not even testing their own code and releasing it on live servers where it has caused a ton of headaches. So, sorry I'm not super nice, but this shit shouldn't have happened and only sloppy devs would let something like this happen.

So again, sorry for not kissing the developer's ass and silencing my own opinion. I'm not surprised lots of people jumped on me for 'complaining about volunteer devs on a free server'.

The fact is though, this was a super sloppy bug fix that should never have hit live servers without testing and that is my opinion and I don't really care if a volunteer developer's feelings gets hurt for some honest criticism.

sanforce
03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Well, the code shouldn't have hit the live servers. It wasn't tested properly, period.

I'm sorry, but the sit aggro code would've been incredibly easy to test. I don't have a soft spot in my heart for developers who release untested code. I don't care what the project is or if the developer is a volunteer. I'm still going to voice my opinion on a dev causing a major fuck-up that is causing grief to hundreds of people.

The code has single handedly caused tons of headaches for a massive number of people on this server. Sorry that I'm not going to shy away from my opinion.

The fact is, Haynar released code that has caused all of us grief, without even the slightest bit of testing. THAT is what I have a problem with. Am I thankful for the devs work? Well, sure I am.

It doesn't mean that I'm going to hold back though when a developer makes a blatant fuck up like not even testing their own code and releasing it on live servers where it has caused a ton of headaches. So, sorry I'm not super nice, but this shit shouldn't have happened and only sloppy devs would let something like this happen.

So again, sorry for not kissing the developer's ass and silencing my own opinion. I'm not surprised lots of people jumped on me for 'complaining about volunteer devs on a free server'.

The fact is though, this was a super sloppy bug fix that should never have hit live servers without testing and that is my opinion and I don't really care if a volunteer developer's feelings gets hurt for some honest criticism.

Cry moar. He is programming for free, for a game that you get to play for free. Who gives a shit if his code mishap causes you or anyone else moments of QQ. Go play something else while they fix it, the rest of us will continue to play while taking the new sit agro mechanics into account - until the fix it.

Wrench
03-13-2014, 12:20 PM
I don't really care if a volunteer developer's feelings gets hurt for some honest criticism.

i fkin do, cause i want it fixed, so stfu

Sylexis
03-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Humans are allowed to make mistakes, especially when pouring hours into making us a free game to play. Thanks Haynar :)

Crom
03-13-2014, 12:29 PM

Dude you got some issues, no dev can fix...

drktmplr12
03-13-2014, 12:34 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2505274/veruca-freak-out-1-o.gif

loramin
03-13-2014, 12:34 PM
honest criticism.

There's honest criticism and then there's useful, productive, and showing-the-proper-respect-for-someone-who-is-doing-you-a-giant-favor criticism (that giant favor being the hundreds if not thousands of hours that have been put in to give you a free game). You could have said:

Thanks so much for your fast response. As a developer myself, I've come to appreciate the value and importance of testing. Perhaps if you were to flesh out your unit test coverage of this area of the code, you might be able to prevent issues like this from ever making it to live.

That would have conveyed the same honest criticism, but it would have done so in a polite manner. As my wife frequently has to remind me "it's not just what you say, it's how you say it".

Lojik
03-13-2014, 12:38 PM
You guys say bug I say feature...everyone to droga for faction farm!

drktmplr12
03-13-2014, 12:40 PM

rofl

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 12:43 PM
I love the devs too, but is kissing their ass going to earn you a badge or something?

It should of been tested.
It wasn't.
He's gonna fix it.

Both sides please just stfu already, ffs.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 12:43 PM

dont worry tmo scum will show up to leech anyways and cause massive deaths and try to ks named mobs.

Quineloe
03-13-2014, 12:45 PM

What exactly will be different to how it was before the first change of sit agro?

skipdog
03-13-2014, 12:52 PM
so it seems quite clear that any sort of criticism of the developers makes me a horrible horrible person in the eyes of everybody else. it's understandable. they are volunteers and we are playing on a FREE amazing awesome server. who am i to criticize ANYTHING that they do?

im fine with you all hating me, but maybe if the devs didn't live in a 'everybody sucking up to them and thanking them profusely even when they blatantly fuck things up that could've been easily avoided by even the slightest bit of testing' world, they might actually go through the standard task of 'testing code before releasing it' that every other developer in the world goes through... that would be sweet!

i don't even care about this issue that much. i just find it hilarious that 'criticising the developers' is some horrible sin on these forums that gets these kinds of responses. a real developer would man up and simply say 'i'm really sorry guys. i should've at least tested this code a little bit. there is no excuse for me to release this sit aggro code without fully understanding how sit aggro worked or doing even the most bare minimum testing on it' instead of trying to blame players for 'another player kiting through them'.

i mean, to respond to me in the sort of 'fuck you for criticising anything i do. ill just go work on velious and leave this broken! that'll show you whiners! ' that Haynar did, is pretty pathetic imho.

i get it. its a free server. we can't say anything bad about the developers because they are volunteer who dedicate their free time! i don't care. i've already thanked them enough and donated enough. will these posts here motivate Haynar to maybe spend a few minutes testing code or even researching sit aggro behavior before releasing a patch? maybe. who knows. thats my hope at least. certainly nothing will change when you guys all attack the only person trying to point out that this could've easily been avoided by the basic process of 'testing code' but you guys are far more concerned about sucking up to the devs and assaulting anybody who dare criticize anything they do. i'm not complaining about a bug.. bugs happen. i'm complaining about the total lack of testing on the initial sit aggro code implementation specifically, because nobody is going to convince me that they spent even a minute testing it. the entire player base instantly knew something was wrong and how all of you players can say that the devs should continue rewriting big parts of code and never testing them in the slightest bit, is beyond my comprehension.

but yeah guys lets just keep encouraging devs to release code without even the SLIGHTEST bit of testing! the server will just keep getting more fun that way! the fact is, this is the first time ive seen something released on here that was so blatantly untested. normally things are quite smooth and things get fixed quite fast.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 12:59 PM
so it seems quite clear that any sort of criticism of the developers makes me a horrible horrible person in the eyes of everybody else. it's understandable. they are volunteers and we are playing on a FREE amazing awesome server. who am i to criticize ANYTHING that they do?

im fine with you all hating me, but maybe if the devs didn't live in a 'everybody sucking up to them and thanking them profusely even when they blatantly fuck things up that could've been easily avoided by even the slightest bit of testing' world, they might actually go through the standard task of 'testing code before releasing it' that every other developer in the world goes through... that would be sweet!

i don't even care about this issue that much. i just find it hilarious that 'criticising the developers' is some horrible sin on these forums that gets these kinds of responses. a real developer would man up and simply say 'i'm really sorry guys. i should've at least tested this code a little bit. there is no excuse for me to release this sit aggro code without fully understanding how sit aggro worked or doing even the most bare minimum testing on it' instead of trying to blame players for 'another player kiting through them'.

i mean, to respond to me in the sort of 'fuck you for criticising anything i do. ill just go work on velious and leave this broken! that'll show you whiners! ' that Haynar did, is pretty pathetic imho.

i get it. its a free server. we can't say anything bad about the developers because they are volunteer who dedicate their free time! i don't care. i've already thanked them enough and donated enough. will these posts here motivate Haynar to maybe spend a few minutes testing code or even researching sit aggro behavior before releasing a patch? maybe. who knows. thats my hope at least. certainly nothing will change when you guys all attack the only person trying to point out that this could've easily been avoided by the basic process of 'testing code' but you guys are far more concerned about sucking up to the devs and assaulting anybody who dare criticize anything they do. i'm not complaining about a bug.. bugs happen. i'm complaining about the total lack of testing on the initial sit aggro code implementation specifically, because nobody is going to convince me that they spent even a minute testing it. the entire player base instantly knew something was wrong and how all of you players can say that the devs should continue rewriting big parts of code and never testing them in the slightest bit, is beyond my comprehension.

but yeah guys lets just keep encouraging devs to release code without even the SLIGHTEST bit of testing! the server will just keep getting more fun that way! the fact is, this is the first time ive seen something released on here that was so blatantly untested. normally things are quite smooth and things get fixed quite fast.

skipdog

tha people's champ

Millburn
03-13-2014, 01:10 PM

I understand you're defensive because you got called out for being rude but drop it man you're only digging a deeper hole.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:12 PM
it is what it is.

Calibix
03-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Why all the hate for skipdog? He's 100% right. Could he have said it better? Probably. Doesn't change the fact he is right, free server or not. I'm not a programmer, but I liken it to the analogy of a chef serving food he hasn't even tasted. You just don't do that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to have P99, and for all the work of the volunteers. But the ball got dropped, someone points it out, and they get attacked for it? Comon, wake up. This is what the era of entitlement is doing to people.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Why all the hate for skipdog? He's 100% right. Could he have said it better? Probably. Doesn't change the fact he is right, free server or not. I'm not a programmer, but I liken it to the analogy of a chef serving food he hasn't even tasted. You just don't do that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to have P99, and for all the work of the volunteers. But the ball got dropped, someone points it out, and they get attacked for it? Comon, wake up. This is what the era of entitlement is doing to people.

i agree with you here. could of said it better, but brown nosers attacked him instantly for his opinions (and some facts).

--defensive stance activated--

HawkMasterson1999
03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Well I just died because he pulled his guards through where I was sitting. Time to find another game, too many window lickers on p99 nowadays.

LoL, this server used to be so pro. I guess this makes it more classic though.

loramin
03-13-2014, 01:27 PM
so it seems quite clear that any sort of criticism of the developers makes me a horrible horrible person in the eyes of everybody else.

Since you either didn't read or didn't understand my post, let me dumb it down for you:

When people are doing you a huge favor, the proper human thing to do is NOT be an asshole when you criticize them. People here are NOT giving you crap for your criticism, they're giving it because you gave that criticism like a petulant child.

drktmplr12 said the same thing so much better with his oh-so-appropriate Willy Wonka GIF; how difficult is this for you to understand?

tristantio
03-13-2014, 01:27 PM
p99 is a constant work in progress (yes, the live server) - why should he spend 10 times the time on his end testing things to avoid upsetting you?

Unless you're paying him going rates for a freelance programmer ($120/hour) and want to fund his additional testing time I'd quit being so critical.

If more people test something, it gets a more thorough bug report in a shorter amount of time.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Loramin maybe thats the only way he knows how to express himself.

give me a fucking break people.

velious now delayed 2 more months because of skipdog.. get him!!

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:29 PM
p99 is a constant work in progress (yes, the live server) - why should he spend 10 times the time on his end testing things to avoid upsetting you?

Unless you're paying him going rates for a freelance programmer ($120/hour) and want to fund his additional testing time I'd quit being so critical.

If more people test something, it gets a more thorough bug report in a shorter amount of time.

i doubt 15 year old coding is worth 120 and hr but what do I know

Scrubosaur
03-13-2014, 01:32 PM

It their shit to fuck up, not yours. You have no say on when, how, or what they fix on their server. They do ask for assistance in pointing out the errors, but they are in no way required to fix is asap. And if you think bugs/mistakes/fuck ups are limited to just p99 then you haven't played anything in the last 10 years. There are plenty of monthly pay games that fix bugs when they can and are in no rush to do so.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:33 PM
It their shit to fuck up, not yours. You have no say on when, how, or what they fix on their server. They do ask for assistance in pointing out the errors, but they are in no way required to fix is asap. And if you think bugs/mistakes/fuck ups are limited to just p99 then you haven't played anything in the last 10 years. There are plenty of monthly pay games that fix bugs when they can and are in no rush to do so.

you're a dumb fuck

a ton of people donate money.

gfto this page and go back to sleep.

Scrubosaur
03-13-2014, 01:35 PM
you're a dumb fuck

a ton of people donate money.

gfto this page and go back to sleep.

I donate to charities all the time; doesn't make it mine. Wake the fuck up.

Molinior
03-13-2014, 01:37 PM
This thread makes me wish Dev's would ban forum questing ungrateful asshats who have never donated from the game. Like Roegan says - "Donate or STFU"

loramin
03-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Loramin maybe thats the only way he knows how to express himself.

Maybe. Maybe he's a complete social outcast who lives by himself and never interacts with humans ... or (more likely) maybe he's a functional human being like you and me who felt that relative anonymity of the Internet gave him license to act like a jerk.

Just because you can't see the devs it doesn't justify being an ass to them. There's no reason why people can't be critical and still give that criticism in a constructive fashion.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Yes donate or stfu because you may get banned for criticism, donations or not.

good logic

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Maybe. Maybe he's a complete social outcast who lives by himself and never interacts with humans ... or (more likely) maybe he's a functional human being like you and me who felt that relative anonymity of the Internet gave him license to act like a jerk.

Just because you can't see the devs it doesn't justify being an ass to them. There's no reason why people can't be critical and still give that criticism in a constructive fashion.

I can agree with that.

Haynar
03-13-2014, 01:53 PM
So does this mean I actually will get some testers now? Instead of coding and testing it all myself.

I got new pet aggro code on test. Any feedback on that.

There are more pathing changes. Who did I get most feedback from? Rogean.

I work full time. I am not some poopsocking neckbeard, who strokes his epenis, and get off by coding on this project.

Sure, you can flip me crap about putting in a bug. But it wont motivate me to drop everything and fix it. Will do quite the opposite actually.

Have a nice day. Got another pathing bug to work on.

H

skipdog
03-13-2014, 01:53 PM

Just as a reminder, here is what I posted:

H

Sorry, that just doesn't seem 'omg way too far over the line' as you are making it out to be. Yeah, I could've been nicer, but to me, that just seems like over-the-top ass kissing. People are way too hyper-sensitive these days.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:57 PM
So does this mean I actually will get some testers now? Instead of coding and testing it all myself.

I work full time. I am not some poopsocking neckbeard, who strokes his epenis, and get off by coding on this project.

Sure, you can flip me crap about putting in a bug. But it wont motivate me to drop everything and fix it. Will do quite the opposite actually.

H

ill give you my cell phone number.

call me any time day or night and I will help test coding.

this is not a troll.

and dont be mad buddy, sometimes you do come off as being rude but who gives a shit anyways.

no troll though anytime day or night I will assist you so that the coding released is the best you can make it.

Let me know. I guess instead of me bitching about it, I could offer my help.

tristantio
03-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Test server being Velious beta or is there another p99 test server?

skipdog
03-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Wow Haynar. You take this stuff way too personally. Man up, apologize for the lack of testing the code and move on. Would I complain about a bug? Never. I'm complaining about the complete lack of testing your sit aggro code. Sorry, but it was a major fuck-up to not test the code at all and you should be able to apologize to the player base for the oversight.

Acting like a diva and going 'i'm no nerd eq playing neckbard, i have a full time job, fine i'll just work on something else. enjoy your broken sit aggro SHITHEADS!!!' isn't doing anything but making you look pathetic.

Quineloe
03-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Test server being Velious beta or is there another p99 test server?

I'd like to test pet agro too.

Haynar
03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
and dont be mad buddy, sometimes you do come off as being rude ...
Not mad. But I am an ass. You can tell if I get mad easy enough. I don't post.

I cant stand stupid ppl.

But I do feel motivated to figure out a few new mechanics. Some of which are cool. Some of which suck.

H

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Not mad. But I am an ass. You can tell if I get mad easy enough. I don't post.

I cant stand stupid ppl.

But I do feel motivated to figure out a few new mechanics. Some of which are cool. Some of which suck.

H

Get my number from Rogean (if he still has it, hes scared of criminals) and ill help ya out on this.

loramin
03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Sorry, that just doesn't seem 'omg way too far over the line' as you are making it out to be

You know, I went back and looked at your posts, and you're completely right, they're all very polite and respectful:

Can't believe you are sitting here blaming players for your poorly written code

a dev causing a major fuck-up that is causing grief to hundreds of people.

The fact is, Haynar released code that has caused all of us grief, without even the slightest bit of testing.

when a developer makes a blatant fuck up like not even testing their own code

this shit shouldn't have happened and only sloppy devs would let something like this happen.

maybe if the devs didn't live in a 'everybody sucking up to them and thanking them profusely even when they blatantly fuck things up

And then your latest post is just as respectful:

it was a major fuck-up to not test the code at all and you should be able to apologize to the player base for the oversight ... isn't doing anything but making you look pathetic.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
You know, I went back and looked at your posts, and you're completely right, they're all very polite and respectful

Bro you wasted your time quoting that? Let it go bro server is up. Me, I will be playing farcry 3 blood dragon 4 shits and giggles

Haynar
03-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I am gonna go help my wife decorate cupcakes.

H

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 02:31 PM

H

Sounds fun, enjoy

Lojik
03-13-2014, 02:45 PM

H

Haynar srs question. Is your name something backwards like 1/2 the other devs.

Menaan
03-13-2014, 03:29 PM

H

Ok so this off topic from the original post but:

I'm still relatively new to the server. I did not know there was a testing server?? Where is it at? Are there notes posted about what is currently on it that needs testing somewhere? Is there a forum or email somewhere to send feedback about such things that need testing? Are there any functions in place to accelerate / auto grant levels / spells and such to facilitate being able to test those things, or maybe a character copy or something?

I'm a developer myself and have been thinking about poking some EMU code and sending some stuff over just to help out. But I'd also consider spend some time on a testing server to help out as well if there is something set up to facilitate doing that.

loramin
03-13-2014, 04:21 PM
I did not know there was a testing server?? Where is it at?
I'm not sure where the "normal" test server is, but the Velious test server (which certainly needs testing) is available from the server selection screen.

Are there notes posted about what is currently on it that needs testing somewhere?
I think for now the answer is just "Velious", but the idea of making a specific testing list just came up in a thread recently, and at least one GM thought it was a good idea, so we may have one soon.

Is there a forum or email somewhere to send feedback about such things that need testing?
Velious bugs should go in the appropriate sub-forum of "Velious Beta". Regular bugs go in the "Bugs" forum (unless they are PvP related).

Are there any functions in place to accelerate / auto grant levels / spells and such to facilitate being able to test those things, or maybe a character copy or something?
There is definitely a character copy feature on the Velious server, not sure about the rest.

I'm a developer myself and have been thinking about poking some EMU code and sending some stuff over just to help out.
If you're interested you should message Nilbog, as that's who Sirken told me to message. But a word of warning: I did that months ago and never heard back, so I'm not sure they're looking for more right now.

Or you can just test, because testers are always needed.