PDA

View Full Version : Dear Rogean and crew.

Trelaboon
03-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Make me a happy man and release Velious by April 13th

My wife and kids are leaving town and I'm off for three days....make my life amazing!

Obviously I'm kidding, and just want to celebrate with the other married people, the greatness that is about to be thrust upon me.

I plan to put in a solid 30 hours in those three days!

bulbousaur
03-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Please folks, get over to the beta server and test stuff! It is a wasteland =(

baalzy
03-12-2014, 04:25 PM
If you're not putting in 50 hours during those 3 days you're doing it wrong.

lecompte
03-12-2014, 04:39 PM
If you're not putting in 50 hours during those 3 days you're doing it wrong.

BUMPPPP
The EQ diet:
Get home from work on Friday. Take all cloths off, take a shower and wash the stink of work off. Order a pizza. Play until 3AM.
Wake up at AM 5:30AM Saturday for a raid call or to group with the Euro players, kill merb(S) in a nearly comatose state. That pizza has to hold you until 3PM when the pizza shops start delivering again. By noon you'll have that camp you really wanted and won't give it up until you pass out. I think you can figure out Sunday.

Swish
03-12-2014, 05:17 PM

Think I noticed 20 people on beta around peak last night.

Eunomia
03-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Please test the beta. Not only do you need to log in, you need to complete bug reports in the proper section of the forum.

For those looking for a way to help the project, this is your time to shine.

The sooner the bugs are fixed, the sooner Velious will be released.

Alarti0001
03-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Please test the beta. Not only do you need to log in, you need to complete bug reports in the proper section of the forum.

For those looking for a way to help the project, this is your time to shine.

The sooner the bugs are fixed, the sooner Velious will be released.

WTB goals and guidelines. Test "everything" isnt a good direction. Weekly/Daily goals are a very good idea!

gwideon
03-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Gnomish Greetings!

You can have a character on Velious BETA at the same time you are on P99 Blue/Red. If you are just selling in the tunnel <points to you?> and reading posts, you could be testing stuffs.

They got gate staffs, and rez staffs, and summon corpse staffs so it take some of the frustration out of mistakes.

Swish
03-12-2014, 05:34 PM
WTB goals and guidelines. Test "everything" isnt a good direction. Weekly/Daily goals are a very good idea!

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/678/678633/30wareffort_1136354144.jpg

Eunomia
03-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Weekly/Daily goals are a very good idea!

I agree.

I'd also like to see teams assigned to certain areas of content.

Alarti0001
03-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I agree.

I'd also like to see teams assigned to certain areas of content.

Lets do it !

Lamil
03-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Honestly if there was a list of things that need to be checked I think this would be taken care of faster.

Lamil
03-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Maybe give zones a three day window to be checked? I'm guessing that would at least get the 30 people into specific areas.

Swish
03-12-2014, 07:51 PM

7pm EST... thriving!

http://i.imgur.com/Fs7gzpI.jpg

Eunomia
03-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Lets do it !

So divide by categories or areas?

Quest Bugs
Spells
Mechanics
Merchants
NPC Bugs
Pathing

(Which of these are locked yet?)

Cobalt Scar
Crystal Caverns
Dragon Necropolis
Eastern Wastes
Great Divide
Iceclad Ocean
Icewell Keep
Kael Drakkel
Kerafyrm's Lair (Sleeper's Tomb)
Plane of Growth
Plane of Mischief
Siren's Grotto
Skyshrine
Temple of Veeshan
The Wakening Land
Thurgadin
Tower of Frozen Shadow
Velketor's Labyrinth
Western Wastes

We can have team captains - Project Manager type
Bug Reporter - person who actually records data on the forum.

Brain storm with me please.

Haynar
03-12-2014, 09:22 PM
I will post you a paypal link you can donate to.

Kk

Thx

H

tristantio
03-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Is the majority of the testing to find glaring issues (XYZ mob stands in one place while being beat to death with nukes etc.) or to find things that are different between how it was back in Velious and how it is on p99 Velious?

I could assist with the former, but I didn't play much of Velious so have no frame of reference to tell if something is how it was in Velious.

Rararboker
03-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Is the majority of the testing to find glaring issues (XYZ mob stands in one place while being beat to death with nukes etc.) or to find things that are different between how it was back in Velious and how it is on p99 Velious?

I could assist with the former, but I didn't play much of Velious so have no frame of reference to tell if something is how it was in Velious.

Freakish
03-13-2014, 01:25 AM
I don't feel like grinding for hours and hours on end to test faction quests.

Clark
03-13-2014, 01:52 AM

Gotta agree. Also pretty sure it'll need more than a month to be released. Want it to be proper.

Alarti0001
03-13-2014, 01:53 AM

Kk

Thx

H

Proper direction requires cash?

bulbousaur
03-13-2014, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't mind a little direction also. Zones/mobs or any other types of testing that needs to be done? There aren't really many groups to be had so things that can be done solo/duo would help. Thanks.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 12:55 PM

Kk

Thx

H

Haynar whats up with you bra?

Some of your posts are just retarded and rude.

lecompte
03-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Haynar whats up with you bra?

Some of your posts are just retarded and rude.

Ever met a programmer/dev before? They are known for their very personable natures and ability to communicate at a high level.

Lamil
03-13-2014, 12:58 PM
I believe it was a joke about WTB hence the paypal link...

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
that sense of humor..

but he always askin for money tho...

maybe he doesnt work?

ssi maybe?

does this to pass time?

who the hell knows

if you critisize this dude he freaks the fuck out for some reason.

Daldaen
03-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Place gnomes in NRo.

Call them CoV, Coldain, Giant.

Killing them gives you a faction hit that puts you to max Ally with those factions.

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:03 PM
waiting for that 'you have banned' message.

happens when I speak my mind for some reason.

Hardly attacking anybody here, just posting shit the way I see it,

I don't know shit about EQ coding but I would never release untested code... isn't that the worst thing you can do as a coder?(off topic regarding sit aggro mechanics and LoS issues)

tristantio
03-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Well, in any endeavor a single criticism will normally outweigh hundreds (thousands) of thanks/good jobs as they tend to stick out a lot more (especially anything you're gifting/giving free to people), but yea, people person programmers are pretty rare (I'd like to think I'm one but I have my moments too hah)

tristantio
03-13-2014, 01:08 PM
waiting for that 'you have banned' message.

happens when I speak my mind for some reason.

Hardly attacking anybody here, just posting shit the way I see it,

I don't know shit about EQ coding but I would never release untested code... isn't that the worst thing you can do as a coder?(off topic regarding sit aggro mechanics and LoS issues)

I'd say on p99 live releasing code has more benefits than loss, you don't risk losing customers/revenue, as there is none (well, donations), while you gain a thousand testers putting it into real practice, vs a closed test with tens of people (if that), meaning the developer has to spend WAY more time testing different use cases.

Only time I would thoroughly test every edge case would be if it were a high risk update on a project (a bug or issue that could cause monetary or reputational harm etc.)

odiecat99
03-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Well, in any endeavor a single criticism will normally outweigh hundreds (thousands) of thanks/good jobs as they tend to stick out a lot more (especially anything you're gifting/giving free to people), but yea, people person programmers are pretty rare (I'd like to think I'm one but I have my moments too hah)

the point is you need to test coding out before releasing it to a live server.
if he needs help testing coding I'd gladly help out.

the whole 'this is free blah blah go somewhere else' is fucking old now.

I could give a fuck. two guilds will continue to dominate end game.

everyone else who doesnt live on pixelquest gets jack shit.

how is this reliving the classic everquest experience?

oh thats right, people were not complete assholes back on brell and most of the shit was on rotation.

look at the shit show raiding is now? BDA kills trak with 57 ppl...
tmo and fe merged because they just have to have all the pixels.

its pathetic IMO.

I am glad the server exsists for sure. Thankful even. This is my timesink when I am bored. but i dont eat sleep and shit p99..

THIF..