PDA

View Full Version : Best class for indoor soloing?

NirrtiXXX
03-12-2014, 01:33 PM
I am looking for a class that is good for someone who cannot twink and wants to have the ability to solo exp inside dungeons when grouping is hard to find.

Recycled Children
03-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Enchanter.

NirrtiXXX
03-12-2014, 01:39 PM
why so? I have a level 9 enchanter, and grouping is rediculously slow.... (maybe I forgot how slow it was) but way back when I played in the old days I always grouped I do not remember enchanters being a solo master.... I enjoyed the enchanter, but soling seemed to be what the end game players did....

Daldaen
03-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Charm, root, slow, mez, memblur, pacify

Honorable mention to necro who can do that stuff to undead, and who can pet tank when no charm available and who can root rot easily as well as FD in a pinch.

Shaman/Druid are tertiary with their ability to root / rot. Shamans become stronger at later levels doing this when they can slow and especially when they can torpor themselves.

NirrtiXXX
03-12-2014, 01:45 PM
what about mages? The main deal is I am trying to find a class I like that I can level fast, then worry about my favorite classes.... Enchanters are too frustrating at lower levels... some other classes fly through the low levels. So basically I want a list of classes that can level fast and can solo decently when needed other than enchanters LOL.

I forgot how hard starting out again is... in WoW I always helped get stuff for my alts with my mains money... then dungeon ed for the rest. It is hard when you cannot give yourself an easy start.

lecompte
03-12-2014, 01:47 PM
I would pick Shaman, mostly cause I find solo'ing on an enchanter to be painful except from a challenge perspective. Shaman is best late game solo'er also.

Swish
Probably necro over anything, they're able to do the most with the least amount of gear.

Enchanters need charisma gear to help stave off unwanted charm breaks/deaths.

lecompte
Mages are doable. Good sit on two spawns, kill, go afk, rinse and repeat class.

NirrtiXXX
03-12-2014, 01:52 PM
thx

Lune
03-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Enchanter is the answer to your original question. The combination of charm, crowd control, and defensive utility is just too powerful in an indoor environment relative to anything else.

You will do just fine with even a moderate amount of charisma, and charisma gear is cheap. A necromancer without HP gear isn't going to do much better than an enchanter without CHA gear indoors, IMO.

Since you seem averse to enchanters though, necromancer seems like a better choice for you.

NirrtiXXX
03-12-2014, 01:59 PM
well not adverse... jsut considering something other than one at the moment....

What about a Iksar Shaman? Wouold be that difficult for someone with no in game gold? I do not care as much about being able to solo inside as being able to be self sufficient when needed.

The other possibility is maybe a halfling druid... I have played one of those too...

I am trying to get my foot in the game and low level enchanting is too slow I would rather get another toon going first.

Trelaboon
03-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Without gear, Shaman will be tougher and slower than Enchanter, until you have canni an your pet, etc.

Still, it's way more rewarding than most classes (as is Enchanter). I have a 55 Enchanter and its easily the most fun and OP class I've ever played...Shaman being second. Sometimes you have to be able to handle the tough times of getting started in order to have a class that suits your wants.

With calm and a charmed pet, you can drop some of the best money-making camps in the game, plus with a goblin gazughi ring, soloing is cake.

Lune
03-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Poorly geared shamans are downright terrible at soloing from maybe 10ish to 24, at which point you're only mediocre until you get your epic. If you don't have the patience for that, you might consider something else.

But given the fact you've ignored all the input in both these threads and keep asking questions people have already answered, I'd say again go with a necro because they can be played effectively by a vegetable, in addition to being excellent soloists, desirable in groups, and not at all gear dependent.

Druids are similar, but far less capable soloists, and the higher they get the less desirable they are in groups.

NirrtiXXX
03-12-2014, 03:14 PM
lune i have not ignored what has been said. Some people have said mixed things.

Based on what others have said what classes are useful in a group, that can be independent that are not dependent on gear? I am truly not trying to troll, jsut trying to know what my options are. I have not played Kunurk in a long time.

speedis
03-12-2014, 10:59 PM
If your patient - Enchanter or Shaman. Both better at later levels.

Ir your not patient Necro or Mage. Both consistently good soloers from the get-go IMO.

UrsusMajor
03-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Necro is a little more difficult in dungeons though as the main way for necros to level is fear kiting, unless you don't mind pet tanking and recasting pets when they die. There are some dungeons though that can be done with fear kiting like the Mines of Nurga.

Mostly though as a necro, you'd much rather level outside so you are free to fear mobs and not worry about other shit aggroing you.

Yanomamo
03-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Best class for indoor soloing?

Enchanter.

So basically I want a list of classes that can level fast and can solo decently when needed other than enchanters LOL.

Druid or Necro. Druid probably won't be soloing inside, however. For max exp you will want to quad. Although i guess you could charm too. I would recommend a nice level 49 Druid. Great first/alternate character. Needs very little gear, can Powerlevel for your friends or for cash, can port around and track stuff sometimes (better in velious).

Trelaboon
03-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Necro charm is way more effective than fear kiting. If you have a CoS you're set.

sulpher01
03-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Necro if its an undead zone, enchanter or shaman otherwise.

Growlers
03-13-2014, 12:27 PM
OR just quit while your ahead and go outside.

It's so cold in the D.