PDA

View Full Version : Were pets buffed from 99 to Live?

Arterian
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM
I was thinking about this the other day as I logged on to Live. I was always under the impression that the 1-60 pets on Live are the same stats as our pets here. I never recall any of the Classic-Velious pets getting a boost. Obviously when AA were added those could boost pet power, but the base spell summoned a pet the same as always.

ie. is 49 necro pet on live the same as here?

Anyone know if this holds true?

Asap
03-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Pet aggro mechanics were nerfed here a few years ago due to raid mobs being killed by pets only. Haynar has acknowledged that the pets need to be worked on, but him and other devs are extremely busy with Velious and most likely have put pets on the back burner for now.

Mage pet casting might be off as well, as it seems the pets do not cast their roots/stuns/DDs enough.

Nagash
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM
At some point after Velious (around PoP but don't quote me on that), pets were changed to be always summoned at the max level. However, aside from the benefits of the AA, I don't know if the pets themselves were boosted, nerved or untouched at all.

Arterian
03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
I see. So the general consensus is that the 1-60 pets from Live match up to ours? Atleast in terms of HP/dps, if not aggro?

falkun
03-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Doubt it, melee mechanics have altered a lot on Live, and I assume pets would be affected by those. Then there's focus gear (besides classic Sol Temple stuff) which I have no idea how/if that affects pets.

Daldaen
03-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Pet melee tables were changed a lot.

A pet summoned on live is far stronger than one summoned on this server. There's a reason the progression servers were dominated by magicians monks and SKs. Updated pets, updated fist DMG tables, updated HT.

Potus
03-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Pets initially were nerfed to shit after launch on live. If you went back in time and played EQ on the first day of launch you'd summon a mage/necro pet that hit like a truck and tanked better than player tanks. Then as the months progressed and the World Trade Center was about to get blown up, you'd log on via dialup and seethe in rage as Verant once again nerfed some mechanic of your pet. They got nerfed hard and were practically left gimpy from Kunark onwards. I believe that's the pet we get here, the kunark-era pet coding.

Pet Taunt currently on this server right now is not at all classic and never existed like this on live. Pets were always very good at taunting, very good at snap aggro (that's why the /pet taunt command exists).

Sony ended up buffing casters considerably during one of the later expansions, I want to say around the time Freeport got revamped. That included pets. And yeah, it makes progression servers a Mage-boxing shitstorm.

Fame
03-13-2014, 01:35 AM
pets are jokes just like mage bolts for last 3 years

koros
03-13-2014, 01:54 PM
To be fair... every pet mechanic is a best guess type of situation. They don't have EQs code.

Mirakk82
03-18-2014, 09:38 PM
How do we as a community get this fixed, honestly? I came to P99 wanting to play a necromancer again, and found that pet taunt is way off base. It's painfully obvious to those of us who have played before. I took a long break and came back with the urge to make a Mage, but only if they fixed the pets, and they're still broken.

How is Velious being prioritized over having basic elements of the game function as intended? We seriously need to raise our concerns about this issue if we want it to be fixed.

Potus
03-18-2014, 09:55 PM
How do we as a community get this fixed, honestly? I came to P99 wanting to play a necromancer again, and found that pet taunt is way off base. It's painfully obvious to those of us who have played before. I took a long break and came back with the urge to make a Mage, but only if they fixed the pets, and they're still broken.

How is Velious being prioritized over having basic elements of the game function as intended? We seriously need to raise our concerns about this issue if we want it to be fixed.

We've bug reported it like 30 times and got the classic "we'll look at it" response.

So bug report more.

azle
03-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Listen .,. http://portalpark.net/10204/17/w.png