PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fiction

Rhambuk
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Fan fiction was a huge part of the classic exp for me.

mainly on patch days waiting for the servers to come up i would read peoples adventures and it really lured me into the game.

I was wondering if there was enough interest in p99 fan fiction to open a subtopic forum where we can share our stories!

Just an idea, i know i would enjoy reading them

Trelaboon
03-11-2014, 08:35 PM
I've thought of this before myself. I would love to see a fan fiction section opened.

Pheer
03-11-2014, 09:03 PM
i put on my robe and wizard hat

quido
03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
http://ibankcoin.com/flyblog/files/2013/01/OGRE.jpg

Samoht Farstrider
03-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Burned Woods

Lune
03-11-2014, 10:20 PM
The parody TMO blog was pretty good

Cyrano
03-12-2014, 02:48 PM
The parody TMO blog was pretty good

I'd love to read an Alarti where he talks about real life.

Erica
03-12-2014, 03:33 PM
I've never gotten into any fan fiction, or story writing myself but I'm bored and saw this thread so I figured I'd write something quickly :P I just started this last Friday. Here is the story of my half-elf bard (Karmina) and her first kill.

The adventures of Karmina the Mighty!

I woke up to find myself in East Freeport. Unsure of how I had gotten there. I checked to see what I had on me. A tattered note, small amount of food, drink, and a short sword. I had no armor, and was clothed in very little. I stumbled out from the city walls, and looked around only to find a field of bats, rats, skeletons as far as the eye could see. I then knew what I had to do.

Moving quickly, I sang a chant of battle and drew my steel, slashing at the bat from behind. It turned around and retaliated, biting me hard on the shoulder. The battle raged on for what seemed like an eternity, hacking away at the bat over and over as it kept biting me. I thought I had the upper hand, but my clothes quickly became soaked in my own blood. A moment later I fell to the ground, and everything went black.

It was an immediate blow to my confidence, being defeated by a tame bat. I returned to gather up my equipment. Filled with anger, I gripped my sword tightly and charged the bat. "Blood, valor, and victory!" Singing my song with a furious tone, I hacked and slashed madly at the bat. It had injured me again, but I soon found myself standing over its lifeless corpse. Breathing heavily, I kneeled down and ripped off its wing, and put it into my pack as a trophy. I had my revenge.

Lamil
03-12-2014, 04:19 PM
+1 for fan fiction

Swish
03-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Title ideas:-

"Confessions of an EC Fat Cat"
"The Highkeep Prison Cookbook" (foreward by Osargen)
"Not Sure If Mirage, Or Just Trolling" (a desert madman)
"Hysteria - The Tales of Isabella Cellus"

...the hipster ranger needs his own title too :D

Champion_Standing
03-12-2014, 06:03 PM
The closest thing I have come to reading EQ fan fiction was when i found an EQ novel at the dollar store like 5 years ago, i never read it but I did read the summary, what a waste of a friggin dollar.

Voland
03-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Title ideas:-

"Confessions of an EC Fat Cat"
"The Highkeep Prison Cookbook" (foreward by Osargen)
"Not Sure If Mirage, Or Just Trolling" (a desert madman)
"Hysteria - The Tales of Isabella Cellus"

...the hipster ranger needs his own title too :D

"If at first you don't succeed, try and try again" – by Fippy Darkpaw :)

Swish
03-12-2014, 06:13 PM
The closest thing I have come to reading EQ fan fiction was when i found an EQ novel at the dollar store like 5 years ago, i never read it but I did read the summary, what a waste of a friggin dollar.

I did something similar with a Warhammer 40k novel, so terribad.

"If at first you don't succeed, try and try again" – by Fippy Darkpaw :)

lol

Ajkuhuun
03-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Fan fiction section would be great, throw in a fan art section or combine them for those of us who scribble~

Trelaboon
03-15-2014, 12:46 AM

Haha, I did the same exact thing, I bought two of them, and I read one of them. It was definitely sub par at best, but I enjoyed it just for nostalgia.

Rhambuk
03-15-2014, 01:00 AM
maybe if we just start posting our fan fiction in the general section theyll make a new subforum.

Gotta at least show interest and intent before expecting them to change for us!

Danth
03-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Project1999 fan fiction is over-rated. I know what I'm talking about.

Danth

Rhambuk
03-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Project1999 fan fiction is over-rated. I know what I'm talking about.

Danth

If anyone knows its this man.

However, i believe over 75% of the server would disagree and would love to hear more about the erudite with gold shoes in ooc again.