PDA

View Full Version : Skyshrine - Sentry Emil/Eysa Florawhisper - Emil's Report

Ele
03-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Attempted this quest earlier with mixed success. There are several things that need correction or examination.

PC used: Elethia
Faction: Threateningly, Indifferent with Sneak

Method used to Quest:

Charmed Sentry Emil and brought him to the WL zone line. Pulled Eysa Florawhisper to the SS zone line.

Using Elethia /say to the charmed Sentry Emil, "I am interested in proving my worth". Received the report for Eysa. Zoned to WL and handed in the report to Eysa and received +TunareanCourt faction and Eysa's Token. Eysa immediately depopped and no longer appeared on tracking according to the druid standing next to the zone line.

Zoned back to SS to finish, Sentry Emil was still standing at zone in with charm broken and unaggroed. Used sneak to become indifferent for turn in of Eysa's Token and received nothing in return and no faction.

Issues that need addressing:

1.Eysa depopping after the first turn in. There is contemporaneous evidence (below) that both of them should be pullable to their respective zone lines and the quester can quickly go back and forth to complete the quest.

2. Sentry Emil eating Eysa's Token while I was indifferent via sneak, should still work no matter which version of Emil spawns. Should result in +CoV, +Yelinak, -Kromzek

https://web.archive.org/web/20010420012329/http://eqdb.allakhazam.com/quest.html?quest=1203

ou say, 'hail Sentry Emil'

Sentry Emil says 'Ah, hello, you must be the strangers that call yourselves friend to the Kin. Perhaps you would be interested in proving your worth?

You say, 'i am interested in proving my worth'

Sentry Emil says 'Good, then perhaps you wouldn't mind performing a small task then? With the betrayal of Kragen Morshire, the kin retreated from the Skyshrine and have taken up residence in the Tunare Court. Before I was called to guard the gate, I had been assigned to deliver a report to them. If you indeed wish to be friend to the kin, take this report to the Wakening. Eysa Florawhisper. She will give you a token indicating that she has received the message, return this to me and we may see a reward.

(Wakening lands, a ways north of -1657.65, -1547.41, -28.82 (north of the Faerie Dragon Cave))

Eysa Florawhisper says 'Ahh, why thank you, friend! We are greatful. I believe if we work together, those children of Zek can be driven back in time. Otherwise, survival hangs in the balance, for both of us. Take this token back to the sentry as a symbol of our acceptance.

Your faction standing with TunareanCourt got better

You gain experience!!

(Back in skyshrine)

Sentry Emil says 'Your service is appreciated, Aandaie . I cannot reward you well at this point but you have come closer to the kin, the citizens of Skyshrine. Continue to prove your loyalty and greater rewards you may see, perhaps the greatest of all. . . in time.

Your faction standing with ClawsofVeeshan got better
Your faction standing with Yelinak got better
Your faction standing with Kromzek got worse

You gain experience!!

The reward is a couple of plat. It may be that you get a better reward if your faction is higher.
Reward(s):

Evidence of multiple turn ins for Eysa:

April 2001
https://web.archive.org/web/20010420012329/http://eqdb.allakhazam.com/quest.html?quest=1203
I was doing this quest, had it set up up to do the quick way and did it about 5 or 6 times. Then all of the sudden I zoned into SS and was KoS, I have been amiable for quite some time to CoV faction. I went to from Aimable to Scowls in one trip back and forth into zone. I was told it will have to be submited as a bug, but meanwhile all my CoV faction is gone. Have only heard from a guide, still waiting from a responce a GM. Just wanted to warn others and maybe hear if this has happened to anyone else

March 2001
If you want to do this quest multiple times, best way to do it is as follows:

You will need about 3 people doing it at the same time. Pull Eysa to the skyshrine zone and have someone else hail her, zone over and grab sentry emil and pull him to zone too. Now all you have to do is zone back and forth. Zone over to Sentry and make a hot key that says 'i am interested in proving my worth' just hit the hot key, he will give you the message in bottle, zone over give it to Eysa, she will give you token, hail her once to keep her there. Then zone back and give token back to emil. I had an inventory hot key set up too so you could just grab it and hand it to him.

Once you hand it to him and get exp/faction hit the hot key and do it again.

This is excellent experience and faction. I literally got 3 yellow bubbles in lvl 52 in 6 hours doing this quest, and went from dubious to indifferent.

January 2001
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8694&highlight=sentry+emil
if you want tunarean court faction, run the message quest between sentry Emil in skyshrine and Eysa florawhisperer (sp) in wakening. If you attack Eysa and bring her to the zoneline of SS the entire quest just requires zoning two times. This quest was yielding incredible XP dividends and therefore the GM's perma killed Emil on my server, dont know about any of yours. But.. it also gives +Yelinak and CoV faction and the eysa part of the quest gives +tunarean court.

Log from turn in:
[Tue Mar 11 14:36:30 2014] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Tue Mar 11 14:36:47 2014] You have entered Skyshrine.
[Tue Mar 11 14:37:25 2014] Xasten begins to cast a spell.
[Tue Mar 11 14:37:25 2014] Sentry Emil hits Xasten for 64 points of damage.
[Tue Mar 11 14:37:28 2014] Sentry Emil tries to hit Xasten, but misses!
[Tue Mar 11 14:37:28 2014] Sentry Emil hits Xasten for 84 points of damage.
[Tue Mar 11 14:37:29 2014] Xasten regains concentration and continues casting.
Sentry Emil charmed to allow me to talk to him for the quest, since sneak questing doesn't work now since npcs don't respond to pcs they can't see
[Tue Mar 11 14:38:06 2014] You say, 'Hail, Sentry Emil'
[Tue Mar 11 14:38:06 2014] Sentry Emil says, 'Ah, hello, you must be the strangers that call yourselves friend to the Kin. Perhaps you would be interested in proving your worth?'
[Tue Mar 11 14:38:11 2014] You say, 'prove myself'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:06 2014] You say, 'I am interested in proving my worth'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:06 2014] Sentry Emil says, 'Good, then perhaps you wouldn't mind performing a small task then? With the betrayal of Kragen Morshire, the kin retreated from the Skyshrine and have taken up residence in the Tunare Court. Before I was called to guard the gate, I had been assigned to deliver a report to them. If you indeed wish to be friend to the kin, take this report to the Wakening. Eysa Florawhisper. She will give you a token indicating that she has received the message, return this to me and we may see a reward.'

[Tue Mar 11 14:39:10 2014] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:26 2014] You have entered The Wakening Lands.
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:27 2014] Eysa Florawhisper begins to cast a spell.
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:30 2014] You say, 'Hail, Eysa Florawhisper'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:30 2014] Eysa Florawhisper says, 'A pleasure to meet you. I am Countess Eysa Florawhisper of the Tunarean Court. Are you a friend of the court?'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:31 2014] Eysa Florawhisper is enveloped in blazing energy.
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:32 2014] Eysa Florawhisper looks over the report you have given her. She glances up at you with a suspicious eye, as though she doesn't fully trust you. 'I was supposed to meet with Dolvak on this matter, as he is the liason between the shrine and the court. Instead he sent you with this report? I guess I have no choice but to trust you are a friend of the shrine, as the seal bears its mark on this parchment. These papers show the Tunarean Court's progress with the giants so far. Do you have any idea why this report is so important?'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:32 2014] Your faction standing with TunareanCourt got better.
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:38 2014] Manatree says, 'What did you get?'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:39 2014] You say, 'wtf she depopped?'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:42 2014] You say, 'Eysa's Token'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:52 2014] You say, 'she still on track?'
[Tue Mar 11 14:39:56 2014] Manatree says, 'nope'
[Tue Mar 11 14:40:14 2014] You say, 'time for a bug report!'
[Tue Mar 11 14:40:53 2014] That item cannot be dropped, traded, or sold.

[Tue Mar 11 14:40:58 2014] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Tue Mar 11 14:41:15 2014] You have entered Skyshrine.
[Tue Mar 11 14:41:19 2014] Sentry Emil glares at you threateningly -- You could probably win this fight.
[Tue Mar 11 14:41:20 2014] You begin to sneak...
[Tue Mar 11 14:41:29 2014] Sentry Emil regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight.
Did the turn in and nothing happened
[Tue Mar 11 14:41:42 2014] You stop sneaking.
[Tue Mar 11 14:41:43 2014] Sentry Emil glares at you threateningly -- You could probably win this fight.
[Tue Mar 11 14:41:52 2014] You no longer have a target.

nilbog
06-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Fixed, pending update.