PDA

View Full Version : Leuz's Task

Kindadar
03-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Commander Leuz is supposed to reply to amiable faction with CoV at the release of Skyshrine until the revamp. Currently testing this and he is not responding to hails or triggered words. Source - Allakhazam.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1255&p=2#comments
charm
#Mar 12 2002 at 2:40 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
i went to Skyshrine with a guild chanter tonight and tried to charm commander luiz to begin the quest. we were able to charm him but when i hailed him he did not acknowledge me as being able to start it. chanter did and she was able to get the note from him. with chanter charm, mob becomes pet so is amiable to chanter but was indifferent to me since i'm on Kael faction atm. so it seems that you may be able to do the quest (or at the least start it) with faction to CoV as low as amiable. not sure about charisa however.

Niese
60 Monk
Poison Arrow

Can anyone else confirm this?

Kin

EDIT: 3/12 @ 12:40 AM EST - Now Kindly and still does not reply to Hails/trigger words.

EDIT: 3/12 @ 3:53 AM EST - Seems to work at Warmly faction.

Xentin
03-12-2014, 02:06 PM
To add to this Scout Charisa was still Scowls to Kindadar at warmly CoV. She seems to be on the wrong faction maybe as Yelinak as her primary instead of CoV. Also if someone with the faction to get the tools from Skyshrine spawns the giants another person without faction should be able to loot the Broken Disk and turn it into Scout Charisa for the reward. Tried this twice last night with sneak turn in and Dictate, ate both times with no response at all.

MQ ?
#May 05 2003 at 3:48 AMRating: Decent
nachtkap
26 posts
can some1 with high enough faction get tools >> hand to scout >> kill captain >> some1 else loots disc (not high enough faction or kos to CoV)>> harmony/pacify scout and hand in ?

Edited, Mon May 5 04:10:01 2003
▲ Page top
RE: MQ ?
#May 13 2003 at 9:49 AMRating: Decent
Daylak the Wise
9 posts
Yes, and unless the person looting is KOS to the scout, you wouldn't even need to pacify the scout. When I got my Talisman I didn't have the faction to get the tools from Leuz, so I had a friend do it and I looted the disk.

Edited, Tue May 13 10:11:44 2003
▲ Page top
RE: MQ ?
#May 25 2003 at 5:40 AMRating: Decent
Apothecary
Scholar
33 posts
As of the day of this post having someone with Ally starting the quest then having someone with dubious faction did not work for me. I tried with my enchanter main (Ally to CoV) and had my druid(dubious to CoV)loot the broken disk for turn in she said "I will do nothing to aid beings like you." Had I thought about it I might have tried using hide or harmony of nature, but two days prior I did the same with my cleric alt (amiable to CoV) and it worked so I thought nothing of it. Basically my summation is somewhere between dubious and amiable is the cut off. I'll post back another time if I try again once my druid has a bit more faction. Either way it's still a wonderful quest given the reward, just sucks scout charisa is so rarely up when I'm in the area and the wait for a respawn... well Smiley: sleeper

Also to add to this the Kromzek Captain is on about a 10min respawn timer, so you essentially could farm Broken Disks all day and mass turn in with a bunch of people to all get your rewards.

Schortt
03-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Thread on this stuff over here gents:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142756

k, so here's how this works now.

-Charisa (bag taker) is on a 36000 second spawn.
-When you give her the bag, she depops and spawns a new Charisa and the giants. (I think this happens on eqlive still. Her face changed, and she had a bag equipped after I turned in scout tools)
-Charisa (disk taker) sets a 15 minute depop timer, won't accept the bag, but will accept the disks, and will exchange robe, bracer, talisman etc.

So, I set it at 15 minute despawn instead of 72. I think there might be some griefing issues if its longer because.. someone can hand her a sword or something, and replace the bag graphic in hand.

Also this quest was set for warmly. It will now require ally.

So some of this is fixed already but definitely add any evidence you have about faction required and Charisa's faction.