PDA

View Full Version : WW - Velium Hounds

Rasah
03-11-2014, 07:25 AM
Velium Hounds in Western Wastes should not summon.

Here is a clip of a comment from the comments section:

These mobs have very large aggro range, they have about the same as a caster without extended range(200 for most spells).

They have low resists from what I've seen, they run very quickly and hit for 150+ on average, they are somewhat rare . Their furs drop about 1 out of each 3-4 kills roughly. I can safely assure everyone that they do not summon, no faction hits either.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6322

There are a number of other people talking about kiting them as well, with no mention of summoning.

nilbog
03-11-2014, 12:43 PM
From what I see, they range from 47-51, with one rarely being 51. That is the magic level for summon.

Rasah
03-11-2014, 07:17 PM
From what I see, they range from 47-51, with one rarely being 51. That is the magic level for summon.
For Kunark, I agree. But I know for a fact that the Ice Burrowers at 61 did not summon in WW from personal experience and based on this thread:

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/archive/index.php/t-13842.html

I also used to kite Velium Hounds with my wizard for their fur, and was never once summoned. Something tells me that even if 1 in 10 summoned, there would be someone crying on the allakhazam comments section that they summon and everyone else was wrong.

YendorLootmonkey
03-11-2014, 07:28 PM
I too leveled from 60-65 (post-Velious, obv) Panic Animal/Snare kiting Velium Hounds and for as many as I killed, I never had one summon me. Otherwise I would have stopped doing it. Unless the level 51 spawn was rare as hell and I got really lucky and never experienced it, but I spent weeks/months doing that inside the scar with the DN zone-in.

Yinikren
03-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Can confirm via memories on live the huge agro range and never being summoned by a velium hound.

Fuddwin
03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I too leveled from 60-65 (post-Velious, obv) Panic Animal/Snare kiting Velium Hounds and for as many as I killed, I never had one summon me. Otherwise I would have stopped doing it. Unless the level 51 spawn was rare as hell and I got really lucky and never experienced it, but I spent weeks/months doing that inside the scar with the DN zone-in.

Also would kite IB's when they were red cons, with a pet and never get summoned...

Edit x2: Maybe the summoning mechanic/lvl req was changed for velious/post velious?

happyhappy
03-13-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't recall them and the IBs summoning either, I quadded hounds and kited IBs on live and can't recall ever getting summoned.

Agro on IBs was a lot smaller, while wolves seemed a lot larger.

nilbog
08-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Pending update,

velium hounds nor ice burrowers will summon.