PDA

View Full Version : Static group question.

Tzeriel
03-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Friends have a Chanter/Shaman/Tank fairly static group. What'd be the best 4th? Thinking Druid. The tank is apparently the wildcard at times, so if it's a trio would the Druid be best still, or would a Mage slot in better? I should add my options are Bard, Mage, Druid. Also should add I'm now stuck at work for the day, so yay forums!

falkun
03-10-2014, 08:11 AM
What's the tank? Warrior?

Druid if you guys want to go places, mage if you just want to kill things the fastest, and bard for optimal pulling and most versatility. Avoid melee if the tank is the flaky member (bards provide plenty of support outside melee).

drktmplr12
03-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Druid would be nice to travel and utility.

Some things that come to mind:
Healing
Damage Shield
Snare
Teleports
Nukes
Roots

If the tank is a wildcard.. you can always kite/root rot. A nice outdoor zone would provide chanter and druid with a pet.

Trelaboon
03-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Of those options, the Druid would probably be best, yes. Your Enchanter will work amazingly with either shaman or Druid. If you really wanted to make the group awesome, you could roll a cleric

Lyrith
03-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Bard, Mage, Druid are your ONLY options?

Druid if that is the case, Bard if EXP penalties were gone already. imho. Mage just don't see many of them.

But if you have other options like, lets say... Monk. Monk/Shaman can do just about anything together. Your group's only dps is really the chanters charm. And if tank is gone, you can semi tank for the day/night depending on what you are doing.

Tzeriel
03-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Cleric is not in my wheelhouse at all :) Druid is, I've just always been scared of A) How many of them there are and B) The perception of them and welcome in general. I guess the other upside of Druid is I can make a ton of cash for my eventual main, be it Mage or Ranger, eh? :)

Tzeriel
03-10-2014, 09:11 AM
OMG I'd love love to be a monk. But there seem to be so damn many of them and I don't have any sort of means to twink one out :( I wish I did. Always wanted a monk. Maybe if I can farm up with the Druid a bit, I can twink a monk someday. That'd be amazing.

Lyrith
03-10-2014, 09:19 AM
OMG I'd love love to be a monk. But there seem to be so damn many of them and I don't have any sort of means to twink one out :( I wish I did. Always wanted a monk. Maybe if I can farm up with the Druid a bit, I can twink a monk someday. That'd be amazing.

Best thing about a monk is that they really aren't that gear dependent if playing with other people. Now if you're talking about soloing your way to 60, then yeah you better have about 300k to invest.

But seriously, keep your weight down and your fists get better almost every level. Not gear dependent that much at all.

Trelaboon
03-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Even though you said you're not interested in Cleric

Enchanter/Cleric > Monk/Shaman

webrunner5
03-10-2014, 11:07 AM
What level is the group now?? Druid heals don't cut it higher up. But work fine below say level 42 without a Enchanter.

Right now I would say you need a second DPS now a lot worse than another healer. The Mage would work out. But their pets are a pain in the ass sometimes with agro on Mezzed mobs. Your Chanter might be a unhappy camper at times. But I have found a Mage and its pet can kill a single mob, add, nearly as fast as the rest of the group on another one higher up. They are powerful as heck. A Rogue would be the BEST DPS. You also don't really have a puller unless the Tank happens to be a SK. And even then they suck at pulling till FD at level 30. Hard for a Warrior to split. But they do pull more than you think on here. They have a lot of HP and damage mitigation. With the Chanter you can park a few if he brings friends.

At low levels I would almost replace the Shaman with a Druid. The Enchanter and Shaman have a lot of overlapping spells. Thorns is a BIG help to a tank and so is Snare. You don't get hit for the last 18 to 16% when snared if not undead. That is pretty huge to the healer mana wise. Not counting Ports etc. Druids have some damn nice spells.

And having a Cleric in a group is great also. Superior Heal and Complete heal are so mana efficient it is scary. And they Rez. Hard to beat. So a Cleric. Tank, DPS, Enchanter, Druid is a killer group. The Druid is a GREAT outdoor puller with Harmony.

Swish
03-10-2014, 11:12 AM
If you put the chanter on slows, the shaman can concentrate on healing... and then add the mage for more dps out of those 3 (a rogue would be better but hey). He can dish out some nice weps for the chanter charmed pet too ;)

Druid ports aren't hard to find, the DS doesn't add much really for its recast time in a group like that. If you added a 5th I'd add a 2nd healer of some sort.

lecompte
03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I would go with mage if no other option. Ideally would be monk/ranger/rogue.

Tzeriel
03-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah. Chanter and Shaman are set. They're RL friends, seem to like what they're doing. Tank seems to be between 2-3 they always group with. Warrior being most common. Druid was my go to since they're the most versatile of the bunch with an assling exp bonus to boot. I guess monk would be awesome, too, but barring some rich retiring/philanthropist player handing me some monk gear, I think Mage or Druid is going to be the choice. I do believe Druids farm gear better than Mages when solo, correct? That might be the deciding factor, as my long term goal is a Ranger, Rogue or Monk.