PDA

View Full Version : paladin gears

SamIamLegend
03-09-2014, 07:33 AM
anyone able to give me a good idea of what type of gear to get for a paladin? im assuming they use 1hs and shield till 30?

khandman
03-09-2014, 07:59 AM
After level 20 and the damage cap comes off, a 2H weapon is good for when your soloing.

Armour wise bronze is a good starter but is heavy. A lot of high HP items is a good start.

Asap
03-09-2014, 08:01 AM
You can literally find out everything you need to know with a simple search here and the wiki. Do people not know how to utilize the search function?

Ando
03-09-2014, 08:34 AM
You can literally find out everything you need to know with a simple search here and the wiki. Do people not know how to utilize the search function?

Maybe he wanted the community's input rather than a wiki page. Fuck him right?

Danth
03-09-2014, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't say he shouldn't post, but the class forum may be a better place for this type of question.

Paladin equipment tends to be cheap (aside from haste items) because there aren't many Paladins. Deepwater armor and Paladin-only weapons with good ratios are quite affordable to a Paladin by the time he's in his 30's if not sooner.

Danth

Asap
03-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Maybe he wanted the community's input rather than a wiki page. Fuck him right?

I think you misunderstood, there are literally 10+ threads on these forums with this exact same question. Do you even read?

webrunner5
03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
To the OP. You are probably better to go to the Tanks Forum. Most people on this forum are old timers with lots of plat to twink toons. So hard for us to just suggest starting things for characters. We have NO idea how much plat you have and what is your playing style.

And like it has been said, just do some searching on here and Google. Welcome aboard.

1hander till level 20. Then 2hander. You will probably never make it to 20 on a Paladin so I wouldn't worry about it lol.

Ando
03-09-2014, 12:02 PM
I think you misunderstood, there are literally 10+ threads on these forums with this exact same question. Do you even read?

How is read? Not gud at that. Teach me?

Swish
03-09-2014, 12:29 PM
I think I had some deepwater gauntlets/boots on my trader for a long time (might even still be there).

Paladin stuff doesn't move much in EC, so be sure to haggle down the EC fat cats because they've probably been holding it for weeks ;)

SamIamLegend
03-09-2014, 01:23 PM
why are paladins hated so much? they do okay damage and come in handy for spot heals and such

Skittlez
03-09-2014, 01:53 PM
anyone able to give me a good idea of what type of gear to get for a paladin? im assuming they use 1hs and shield till 30?

I used Bronze Armor until I was mid 30's and could solo most of the Ro armor quests. Buy your self a Baton of Faith for level 20+ and the best sword and board combo that you can afford asap. I still use Sword of Morning and Clay Guardian Shield.

Skittlez
03-09-2014, 01:56 PM
I used Bronze Armor until I was mid 30's and could solo most of the Ro armor quests. Buy your self a Baton of Faith for level 20+ and the best sword and board combo that you can afford asap. I still use Sword of Morning and Clay Guardian Shield.

Btw, with this set up I solo'd my self to 42 pretty much with only grouping a small hand full of times. Unrest was my solo spot from 20-40.

Skittlez
03-09-2014, 03:24 PM
why are paladins hated so much? they do okay damage and come in handy for spot heals and such

Because people here are a bunch of bitches basically. Bard and SK are the only Hybrids that people support. I am 99.99% sure that people just like SK over Paladin because they are like.. 'Omg dots and skeleton pets are so cool when you're a tank!' Now that might be an over simplified generalization, but pretty sure that's at least 75% of it.

Being the White Knight is more of a younger thing I think. At least it was with me. I loved being the 'Hero'. I still do love being the 'Hero', but I am also a huge kid at heart. *shrugs*

It's one of those examples of why so many people prefer the Dark Side of the Force rather than the Light Side, or why people prefer the Empire over the Rebellion now.

Danth
03-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I think you read into it a bit too much. Shadow Knights aren't very preferred over Paladins or Rangers...they're more common, sure, but still usually in the bottom 4 for popularity. That's a hollow victory at best. Shadow Knights generally solo a little more easily than Paladins past the low 20's so that explains that. P1999 tends to be more solo-centric than Live was.

Danth

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Because people here are a bunch of bitches basically. Bard and SK are the only Hybrids that people support. I am 99.99% sure that people just like SK over Paladin because they are like.. 'Omg dots and skeleton pets are so cool when you're a tank!' Now that might be an over simplified generalization, but pretty sure that's at least 75% of it.

Being the White Knight is more of a younger thing I think. At least it was with me. I loved being the 'Hero'. I still do love being the 'Hero', but I am also a huge kid at heart. *shrugs*

It's one of those examples of why so many people prefer the Dark Side of the Force rather than the Light Side, or why people prefer the Empire over the Rebellion now.

When I play my enchanter I vastly prefer paladins to shadow knights.

Shadow knights who break mezz with disease cloud should be shot. Literally only gets agro 1/2 the time so beware; it's going to go for your enchanter in break. At least with paladins a stun/fol won't break mezz...

sox7d
03-09-2014, 06:04 PM

I'd say being an edgy, hot-topic knight of darkness "i am evil incarnate" is a lot more childish than seeing the fun in being the classic lawful good.

To some people, the server should be nothing but warriors, enchanters, clerics, rogues and solo monks.

webrunner5
03-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Paladins hit like girls is why. No free Fungi with Troll, Ikky re-gen, no pet, no dots, no FD, no snare, no inviz other than undead, no lev, no enduring breath, no sneak, No Iksars, I could go on and on.

Come to the dark side. :p Its fun not to have to worry about faction. Just kill everything you see.

Aviann
03-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Paladins hit like girls is why. No free Fungi with Troll, Ikky re-gen, no pet, no dots, no FD, no snare, no inviz other than undead, no lev, no enduring breath, no sneak, No Iksars, I could go on and on.

Come to the dark side. :p Its fun not to have to worry about faction. Just kill everything you see.

oh wait.. shadowknights get shitty heals, no insta-huge mana heal every hour or so, no rez, shitty buffs, only paci against undead, no flame sword, and trolls and iksars smell like the zoo irl... also the above mentioned about aggro.

If you really want to let it boil down, aside from the FD, the pet, and sneak... every end game raider should have items that have those effects and clicks.. and they tend to not cost mana to cast.

Its mainly why I would have to guess they are given better gear at the current endgame ,but still... they have trouble competing.

Derubael
03-10-2014, 03:48 AM

Instead of making a condescending post to someone asking a question in Server Chat, you could direct them to the wiki or the class forums, or politely suggest they use the search function.

There has been entirely too much of this attitude in Server Chat lately. I understand, and agree with, the sentiment that people should try to find this information on their own before making a thread, but that doesn't mean we should be rude about it.

OP, you can find the class page for paladin on the wiki here. (http://wiki.project1999.com/Paladin#Pre-Planar) This link will take you directly to the pre-planar suggested gear options for a Paladin. The wiki has a wide range of tools for selecting class equipment, including a rough pricing guide, full list of equipment (sortable by class, slot, etc), and stats.

There are also class forums where you may be able to hammer out a more specific gear plan for your character. Good luck! Paladin is a tough class that can be very rewarding if you stick it out.

Funkutron5000
03-10-2014, 03:52 AM
Good luck! Paladin is a tough class that can be very rewarding if you stick it out.

This GM is spreading lies!

Paladin is actually super fun. Good luck!

Clark
03-10-2014, 07:32 AM

Good post.

drktmplr12
03-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Wasn't there a 1k twink guide on server chat? Let me find it..

Edit: Found it. (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138686&highlight=twink+guide)

Aviann
03-10-2014, 12:51 PM
This GM is spreading lies!

Paladin is actually super fun. Good luck!

Super fun, but sometimes tough. I can agree with an earlier post that we don't do much damage, but we can push the little dps we do for quite a while in a fight. Stick to undead(which is easy to do up until forever), and things will go smoothly!

jaybone
03-10-2014, 12:56 PM

Asap
03-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Instead of making a condescending post to someone asking a question in Server Chat, you could direct them to the wiki or the class forums, or politely suggest they use the search function.

If you look at his post history, every single one of his posts/threads are asking duplicate questions that have been answered numerous times, over and over again.

Perhaps I should have been more "polite" in regards to informing him how to use the search function, but I figured after all the posts he has, he would know how to use it.

Also, if you look at my post history, you will see that I post AT LEAST once per day in threads asking about class specifics or equipment help (including links and all). I help as much as I can with newbie questions, but sometimes I feel like people are extremely lazy and just want everyone else to do the research for them.

Danth
03-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Perhaps I should have been more "polite" in regards to informing him how to use the search function, but I figured after all the posts he has, he would know how to use it.

When I operated under EA's CS rules, I recall one of their guidelines at the time was, "Smile from the wrists down." That's good advice. It's true a lot of what you see might be inane, useless drivel. However, you have no means of judging the other person. You can't know whether he's some little kid, or some computer newbie, or just a little slow to pick up on stuff but trying his best. If you go out with guns blazing ultimately you'll just hurt feelings and make enemies without accomplishing anything productive since most of the time those types of folks don't understand what they're doing wrong.

I consider it more useful to save the full broadsides for the known forum trolls, who most certainly do know what they're doing.

Danth

webrunner5
03-12-2014, 12:24 AM
I said earlier that they hit like girls. Well there are some girls that do hit pretty hard. Ronda Rousey comes to mind. Play what you like on here not what we like. It is a long ways to 60 playing a toon you don't really like. :p

Erati
03-12-2014, 10:08 AM
I love my paladin ... and if ur a good one... others will love u too!

get a Ghoulbane or Baton asap and practice those root parking skills :)