PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Duster V in Ak'Anon

fwaits
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
So the Duster quest in Ak'Anon for the Bootstrutters Framed Pack, requires a drop from the Duster V and Duster X mobs. Both are clockwork rat models. The Duster X mob spawns fine and is easy to find. The Duster V model is supposed to be one of the pathing clockworks near the entrance, that roams by the PoD and on to other parts of the zone. From memory and from comments in the quest thread on Allakhazam's back in the day, he is pretty common.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010714075855/eqdb.allakhazam.com/quest.html?quest=11

What I think is going on is that either he spawns randomly on repop of the zone, or if he doesn't then it takes another zone/server repop or you need to kill the other roamer PHs to get him to pop. I know that wasn't necessary back on Live. These roamers should depop/repop after pathing a certain amount to my knowledge. I have been looking for him for a couple weeks now and have only seen Scrubber IV, clockwork scrubbers, clockwork cleaners, and clockwork sweepers. Can this spawn/script be looked at to see if he is in fact setup to work correctly? Thanks.

Droop
08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
I sat for hours when I first started the server as a Gnome wizzie, never saw it spawn. I think it's broken.

If I wasn't on my cell phone I'd go and link the route it's supposed to take, but alla and laces have it listen.

Itchybottom
08-13-2010, 11:24 AM
According to that link Duster X is supposed to be triggered by a hand-in, where-as currently he is a static mob. He's also supposed to path. I'm trying to find Duster V myself. I keep killing Scrubber IV by the king, since that's where he spawns on ProjectEQ.

Itchybottom
08-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Hmm he spawns in the square room, up and due southwest of the King. roughly 788,-173. The odd thing is though, I apparently already had a Duster V scrap metal (or it too is dropping the Duster X scrap metal -- no idea, I can't identify), I got the whole lore item nonsense. That reminds me that I stayed in Kaladim for a while and killed the cleaner there -- I think it dropped some scrap metal which I should still have in my bank. Here's hoping!

edit: And as I was walking out, he was roaming away from the priest of discord. He just has two place holders. Definitely already had the scrap metal in the bank from the kaladim rat. That needs to be fixed

fwaits
08-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the updated info Itchy. Yeah these mobs that walk that path should be depopping and respawning as a random other rat clockwork, one being the Duster V, but don't seem to. I don't really feel like killing my Ak'Anon faction just to get this so I'll wait patiently and hope that it gets fixed, or that I happen to walk into him by luck sometime soon.

Eccentricaa
09-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Not sure what has been updated since last post, but it seems that the PH's are not properly de-spawning after two cycles. Sitting in the spawn room, and Ive had the same Scrubber IV targeted for 6 pathing cycles now... and counting.

Behry
10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I've tried the same thing you before finding out about this spot. Looks like the despawn of placeholders was broken. So I gave it up.

And yesterday night, I ran into Duster V, walking his way through Ak'Anon.

Not sure if last patch solved it or if the PH finally despawned...

I did the quest right after i killed Duster V. So the quest is working just fine.

Frybread
11-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Same problem, no duster v. He was a common spawn on eqlive.

Alatar
05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I was going to post much the same thing so I'll sort of bump this thread.

I followed the Scrubber IVs (there were two walking the same route, which I believe to also be improper though less relevant clearly) along a dozen loops and they aren't despawning when they get all the way back into the castle so they can never even theoretically respawn as Duster V without a zone reset (or jacking up the PH but they're zone faction and clearly not intended to be killed).

Deadmantis
09-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I have had the scrap metal from the Duster X model for ages and was getting tired of checking on the Duster V spawn. So I started killing Scrubber IV models which are placeholders that don't despawn like they are supposed to. They conned indifferent and light blue to me at 18, easy to kill and gave a small amount of experience. They did not alert or cause any other mobs in the zone to aggro, nor did they give a faction hit or loot. After killing 3 of them about 10 minutes later the Duster V spawned, killed it and got the other scrap metal for the Bootstrutter Framed Backpack turn-in. :)

I have heard people saying not to kill the Scrubber models because they give an Akanon faction hit or they cause other clockworks to aggro. I think they may be referring to Clockwork Scrubbers. Different mob altogether.

Littlestgnome
02-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd prefer this quest work as it originally did in EQ, but if killing the scrubbers doesn't cause faction issues I will give it a shot.

Is this on the agenda to be fixed properly though? Just curious.

Flunklesnarkin
02-08-2012, 11:21 PM
I did this quest when i first start server a couple month ago and it worked fine.

Littlestgnome
02-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Having to kill Scrubber IVs because they won't despawn properly is not "working fine". It's a work-around. And if it achieves the goal then so be it. But if it's not going to be fixed properly -- and indeed if it never will be because people can use the work-around instead -- then I'd like to know if for no other reason than to post a note on the wiki quest for this server.

Verden
02-16-2012, 05:19 AM
2nd set of correct quest drops handed in to the correct amiably conning quest npc with no reward. I never really camped the npc's but still sucks to be out of the drops twice in a row with no reward. NPC responded to hails so scripts were working as far as I know.

Strant
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Having this same problem on the red server. It seems the Scrubber IV mobs do not want to despawn so that Duster V can spawn

gwideon
03-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Since the work around for this quest was broken by adding faction to the placeholder, Scrubber IV, can we get the spawn of Duster V to rotate as it should? He was a common spawn on live since the placeholders would despawn.

See patch comment: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100867&highlight=Duster

nilbog
03-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Fixed, pending update.

This was.. really bad.

-Duster V or PHs spawn, run their course, then depop at origin point. This allows for the cycle to continue without needing to kill the factioned npcs. Fixed the pathing.

-Duster X only spawns once someone turns in the note from Jogl to Dreknor regarding obsolete models needing shutdown. Dreknor indicates which note is returned from Jogl with particular text. Duster X, once spawned, doesn't despawn until killed. Duster X now has proper pathing and pauses.

-Duster V/X/phs have special emotes, and at waypoints increase their run speed.

-Clockwork XVIIC is a daytime spawn by Mine entrance and at night is replaced by XIXA. The same switch, albeit opposite, occurs on the first gates leading into the city.

-Clockwork XXVIIC pathing corrected. Absolutely horrible.

-Manik Compolten 'Series C Blackbox' quest now multiquestable. (Amiable or better.) 'Rusted Blackboxes' is multiquestable (Indifferent or better.) Fixed his replies for different faction levels. He now responds when asked for another keycard.