PDA

View Full Version : Easy solo spots for a 35 shaman on kunark

Roth
03-08-2014, 06:41 PM
So, I have a poison wind censor some cultural and some scaled mystic pieces. I mostly solo by going toe to toe with monsters. My easy solo spot up to this point where I need to just kill a few mobs to kill time or something has usually been in warslik woods, however a lot of stuff is turning green. Therefore I need to expand my soloing a bit.

I know of the servants under field of bone, but they're a little limited and sometimes people are doing them. I really want to make use of the other kunark zones but I don't know enough about them to really solo well. I would like to explore fv, fm, etc but I was hoping someone could just give me some good ideas on what to kill there and where to camp.

edit: just wanted to clarify some days I will be tired from work and have no energy. For this reason I want to find some solo spots with low risk and not a lot of effort needed. An example would be brutes by dalnir. In fv I was able to solo some but it was not relaxing at all to try to kill drachnids safely.

TWDL_Prexus
03-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Giant fort in Frontier Mountains. Wonderful exp and you can make some plat.

Swish
03-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Giants have a lot of HP compared to other mobs (though that can be said for most Kunark mobs compared to old world).

FV pirates meant to be pretty good. OT trash (except rhinos)...just to throw some other ideas out there.

webrunner5
03-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Almost EVERY mob in kunark has a lot more hp than classic. And oh boy wait till Velious. I would stay in Classic zones as long as you can solo.

Swish
03-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Almost EVERY mob in kunark has a lot more hp than classic. And oh boy wait till Velious. I would stay in Classic zones as long as you can solo.

Charmed a Kael giant the other night on the very quiet beta test server. Think it took about 3 minutes for one to finish off the other one with no haste. Very HP heavy :P

Good advice, keep away lol

Roth
03-08-2014, 08:10 PM

There is some truth in this, also kunark is just a lot harder typically... but I'm an iksar shaman. So it is beneficial for me to stay on kunark. There also are very very limited solo spots in the old world that I can actually use efficiently.

Kazi
03-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Burning woods? Don't think goblins have many hps

Swish
03-08-2014, 09:13 PM
There is some truth in this, also kunark is just a lot harder typically... but I'm an iksar shaman. So it is beneficial for me to stay on kunark. There also are very very limited solo spots in the old world that I can actually use efficiently.

You'd be surprised, Freeport guards around 40 (WFP near the EFP zoneline) are very good, both in coin/weapon loot and comparatively low HP.

Spectres from 39-48.

Sell at WC druid rings or Oasis vendors.

Roth
03-08-2014, 09:24 PM
You'd be surprised, Freeport guards around 40 (WFP near the EFP zoneline) are very good, both in coin/weapon loot and comparatively low HP.

Spectres from 39-48.

Sell at WC druid rings or Oasis vendors.

Okay, but I would prefer not to use the old world. I would rather find a spot on kunark. All of the suggestions so far have been helpful.

Asap
03-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Level 34-40ish - Now that your level 34 head over bridge to NK where you will find 2 human Qeynos guards standing watch, with a 3rd that roams up on a long walk. You can stand at zone-line and kill guards here until 39-42. The roaming guard drops FS and you can sell your wares at the gypsy camp up the path, again you can bind here to make selling easier. I usually waited until I was 400pds overweight to sell, luckily shamans don't need to move to kill. XP is very fast as spawn is very fast. (Don't forget to head to WK and buy your Pet spells up to level 49 from the female barb in WK, buy them all don't want to come back out here).

I decided to pack things up and eventually ended up in West Freeport killing guards. Staying safe near the NFP zone line, there are a couple guards that are blue cons, some that are even and yellow, and one that is red besides the gate guards.
For my style of killing (sometimes I have to afk for extended periods of time) I'm enjoying this and feel like the exp will move faster. Good FS drops, dented helmets if I ever get to turn them in, and NFP guard + priest of marr faction so I can bank in NFP eventually.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126844

There is a ton of other suggestions in the thread I linked

justin2090
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM
The only low hp mobs in Kunark I can think of are Bloodgills in loio. Probably doable at 45ish.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-09-2014, 03:46 AM
Burynai in fm have really low hp as well. That cave might be pretty sweet but I'm not sure if you can single pull it.

webrunner5
03-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Burynai in fm have really low hp as well. That cave might be pretty sweet but I'm not sure if you can single pull it.

Not at his level. His Root will not last long enough. Back to the Kunark mobs having more HP which equates to harder to do.

One GOOD thing about being a Iksar Shaman is who really gives a crap what faction you have. Your faction sucks to start with. So like Swish said kill everything that walks in Classic, guards and all.

Honestly I would just go to CoM and group. You can do it at your level. A little higher and you can solo there if no groups. Just make sure to bring your next two sets of Spells with you. Just stay there till 50 and go to KC. Or if Velious opens before then not sure. A hell of a lot of your epic is in CoM. So a good way to start it if you haven't already.

Swish
03-09-2014, 11:39 AM
One GOOD thing about being a Iksar Shaman is who really gives a crap what faction you have. Your faction sucks to start with. So like Swish said kill everything that walks in Classic, guards and all.

Hell for me was playing a high elf enchanter (blue "Swish", sold account in 2011ish) and having to dance around being careful about what I could charm solo because of faction issues.

Rolled an iksar necro and never looked back. Being evil really is the best thing to be in this game...enjoy it, slay everything :D

Roth
03-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Guys, I specifically asked for kunark solo spots and I said that I solo through meeleing mobs. Telling me to go to the classic zones isn't helpful at all. For real. I don't mind anymore tbh just saying it's really annoying for people to constantly keep linking classic zones instead of answering the question.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-09-2014, 06:22 PM
35 and melee on shaman...wat.

Roth
03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
35 and melee on shaman...wat.

I have a poison wind censor and decent ac because of crafted armor.

webrunner5
03-09-2014, 06:43 PM
WE are telling you there is NO damn mobs to solo at your level in Kunark. :p

Clark
03-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Highkeep Guards. Best xp bonus around.

mrmop520
03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
FV Pirates near the cliffs. was mentioned before, but this is the best mid 30s spot in kunark :)

Mirana
03-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Sry double post

Mirana
03-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Drolvargs along the east wall in FV die really fast. If you sit high up on the zone wall you "should" be safe from roamers. The higher level ones will be a bit tough but the lowest level ones (savages i think?) are super squishy.

Lyrith
03-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Best bet is to get that Melee Shaman idea out of your head about right now. Because my shaman geared HEAVILY and even soloing slowed mobs in CoM at 40 can wear me down quick if I don't root/dot them.

Wudan
03-10-2014, 11:27 AM
you could try soloing spiders in Kaesora if you have the balls. They are 29-36lvl range and great - and i mean GREAT - exp. I started soloing there at 37lvl on my untwinked shammy (mostly scaled mystic gear, no big melee capability) and i had a blast. Just have to know what you are doing. Have cures rdy and be fast on roots! Clear the first room on right when you drop down left from entrance and pull there. Just watch out for strathbone healers and Runelord (might be spawning at the bottom of broken floor room, not sure now, its been a long time). Once you get rythm its about as good as it gets. You can stay up to 40 and then move to CoM...

good luck!

Roth
03-10-2014, 11:27 AM
thanks all!

mgellan
03-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Cynthia in RM til 42 then specs in Feerrott.

Regards,
Mg

Champion_Standing
03-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Guys, I specifically asked for kunark solo spots and I said that I solo through meeleing mobs. Telling me to go to the classic zones isn't helpful at all. For real. I don't mind anymore tbh just saying it's really annoying for people to constantly keep linking classic zones instead of answering the question.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Zones#Kunark

There aren't very many zones to look through.

Asap
03-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Dude is getting pissed because we are doing the work for him by searching for specific zones and mobs he can melee easily. Search that shit yourself next time

Lamil
03-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Seriously dude wants to stay on Kunark and lvl by not actually having to do much... Also could everyone tell him where this easy low stress xp is.

Dude just watch someone else play on Twitch or something... That should be just about what you are looking for

loramin
03-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Best bet is to get that Melee Shaman idea out of your head about right now. Because my shaman geared HEAVILY and even soloing slowed mobs in CoM at 40 can wear me down quick if I don't root/dot them.

That's not completely true. I've leveled a shaman to 55 recently, and with a Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer it certainly seemed better to tank sometimes ... or at least it did before the nerf (I haven't been using mine much since the nerf so I can't say for sure now). Similarly with a JBB it can also make sense to tank, because it breaks root frequently.

With just a poison wind censor and no BSH or JBB though, I'm not so sure; OP really needs to do the math if they want to know for sure whether tanking is a good idea. It might seem like rooting always wins, since you get more mana and take less damage, but you also have to consider:

* the mana cost of root itself
* the time it takes to root
* the damage you'll still take (while rooting, when root breaks, etc.)
* the melee damage you won't deal

So it's not necessarily clear-cut.

P.S. To get back to the OP's original question: Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide)

Roth
03-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Dude is getting pissed because we are doing the work for him by searching for specific zones and mobs he can melee easily. Search that shit yourself next time

you can go to hell with this kind of thinking honestly... next time just don't answer the post if you have nothing good to say. I asked for kunark spots for anyone who wanted to answer. if someone wants to come in and say no do it this way then they shouldn't even reply instead of acting like they're all high and mighty. It's not a "we". you are not part of some special community. It was a question to anyone who wanted to answer, I wasn't asking you specifically so next time just go read another thread instead of coming in and acting like I owe you something.

if the situation was reversed and I saw a post like this, I would offer my own suggestions in regards to the question asked. I would not tell the op they were wrong or to do something else. I would also not act like the op owed me something because I copy and pasted a paragraph that someone else wrote.

Duckwalk
03-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Grouped with this clown in MM. He refused to heal, root, dot or essentially do anything besides cast his ~100 dmg nuke once per mob.

Ask me if I'm surprised he wants a easy melee shm spot in kunark and gets irritated a the community for suggesting vastly more efficient play styles and locations in old world...

Roth
03-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Grouped with this clown in MM. He refused to heal, root, dot or essentially do anything besides cast his ~100 dmg nuke once per mob.

Ask me if I'm surprised he wants a easy melee shm spot in kunark and gets irritated a the community for suggesting vastly more efficient play styles and locations in old world...

Except I don't go to mm... so that wasn't me. I also don't even use my nuke, I would have used my dot if I was going to. I grouped at mm once at level 30 as a healer, a couple weeks ago. So I don't know if you have me confused with someone else. In groups I don't play like you describe at all.

Lyrith
03-10-2014, 02:27 PM
That's not completely true. I've leveled a shaman to 55 recently, and with a Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer it certainly seemed better to tank sometimes ... or at least it did before the nerf (I haven't been using mine much since the nerf so I can't say for sure now). Similarly with a JBB it can also make sense to tank, because it breaks root frequently.

With just a poison wind censor and no BSH or JBB though, I'm not so sure; OP really needs to do the math if they want to know for sure whether tanking is a good idea. It might seem like rooting always wins, since you get more mana and take less damage, but you also have to consider:

* the mana cost of root itself
* the time it takes to root
* the damage you'll still take (while rooting, when root breaks, etc.)
* the melee damage you won't deal

So it's not necessarily clear-cut.

P.S. To get back to the OP's original question: Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide)

Yeah, but I doubt he has ANY of those items. I'm just saying with my Fungi/JBB/etc that sometimes I wonder if I should just be root parking mobs instead... I couldn't imagine trying to tank as a shaman without some of these high end items. I would consider Howling Harpoon high end as well since he is not twinked.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah, but I doubt he has ANY of those items. I'm just saying with my Fungi/JBB/etc that sometimes I wonder if I should just be root parking mobs instead... I couldn't imagine trying to tank as a shaman without some of these high end items. I would consider Howling Harpoon high end as well since he is not twinked.

This.

I had a Jade prod on my shaman and was AC/hp geared. Tanking was wayyyy slower than root dotting, and root dotting was wayyyy slower than duoing.

Roth
03-10-2014, 02:38 PM
This.

I had a Jade prod on my shaman and was AC/hp geared. Tanking was wayyyy slower than root dotting, and root dotting was wayyyy slower than duoing.

I will defend my point of view on this. If you look at the high end shaman items, they are not significantly different than cultural crafted gear in terms of pure grinding efficiency. So for example if you have an item with 16 ac and another item with 20 ac, overall the difference will not be enough to make an impact so significant that you won't be able to take hits. With full buffs I have around 750 ac. I can go through about 3 easy db/high lb mobs before needing to med roughly with meelee.

Maybe this is not the MOST efficient way to level, but it is a lot easier than root dotting mobs where if you make a mistake you will instantly die. Which is why I asked for easy solo spots, not necessarily the fastest exp per hour solo spots. If you look at iksar regen + regen buff it's not much downtime at all to level like this and I get more exp than grouping most likely because some easy mobs slow is not even necessary to kill them.

If I wanted to answer my own question, I would have said things like tundra yetis in dl, servants of sythrax in field of bone, brutes outside dalnir, giants in warslik. I was hoping with this post to find new areas to go in so I didn't have to use the same spots every time. Since posting I have done my own testing/exploring to find a spot I like. So it's not like I won't put in the work, I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

loramin
03-10-2014, 02:40 PM

I doubt it too, but still depending on the OP's level and armor the Poison Wind Censor *might* do enough damage to justify tanking. There are so many factors involved I just don't think it's as simple as "Shaman (with no fungi/JBB) should never tank". I think if you don't have those things, and are considering tanking, you should log a few fights and calculate what the best option is (or at least do "back of the napkin" math).

Lyrith
03-10-2014, 02:47 PM
This.

I've noticed about the same thing. I prefer a Monk with me and possibly a chanter charming as well. Exp flies in CoM like that compared to soloing.

I will defend my point of view on this. If you look at the high end shaman items, they are not significantly different than cultural crafted gear in terms of pure grinding efficiency. So for example if you have an item with 16 ac and another item with 20 ac, overall the difference will not be enough to make an impact so significant that you won't be able to take hits. With full buffs I have around 750 ac. I can go through about 3 easy db/high lb mobs before needing to med roughly with meelee.

Maybe this is not the MOST efficient way to level, but it is a lot easier than root dotting mobs where if you make a mistake you will instantly die. Which is why I asked for easy solo spots, not necessarily the fastest exp per hour solo spots. If you look at iksar regen + regen buff it's not much downtime at all to level like this and I get more exp than grouping most likely because some easy mobs slow is not even necessary to kill them.

If I wanted to answer my own question, I would have said things like tundra yetis in dl, servants of sythrax in field of bone, brutes outside dalnir, giants in warslik. I was hoping with this post to find new areas to go in so I didn't have to use the same spots every time. Since posting I have done my own testing/exploring to find a spot I like. So it's not like I won't put in the work, I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

Roth you need to be careful how you type because your context can be misconstrued and it appears you're attacking us again for helping you. Plus I don't think you understand the concept of root/rotting mobs if you think 1 mistake will kill you. It's not like your trying to fight mobs 10+ levels above you that are deep red. You are parking 3-4 mobs of the same level you are meleeing. This process seems longer but allows you to kill more mobs quicker in the long run. However it is not "THE EASIEST" thing to do. I think you may have played the wrong class if you are wanting to engage a mob and just hit auto-attack.

I doubt it too, but still depending on the OP's level and armor the Poison Wind Censor *might* do enough damage to justify tanking. There are so many factors involved I just don't think it's as simple as "Shaman (with no fungi/JBB) should never tank". I think if you don't have those things, and are considering tanking, you should log a few fights and calculate what the best option is (or at least do "back of the napkin" math).

Agreed, really a lot of variables. My shaman is my most enjoyed class, so I don't mind being the most efficient way to EXP, just like Roth is kind of saying above. However I love playing around and seeing that I can survive with 3 mobs on me.

Roth
03-10-2014, 02:50 PM
I've noticed about the same thing. I prefer a Monk with me and possibly a chanter charming as well. Exp flies in CoM like that compared to soloing.

Roth you need to be careful how you type because your context can be misconstrued and it appears you're attacking us again for helping you. Plus I don't think you understand the concept of root/rotting mobs if you think 1 mistake will kill you. It's not like your trying to fight mobs 10+ levels above you that are deep red. You are parking 3-4 mobs of the same level you are meleeing. This process seems longer but allows you to kill more mobs quicker in the long run. However it is not "THE EASIEST" thing to do. I think you may have played the wrong class if you are wanting to engage a mob and just hit auto-attack.

Agreed, really a lot of variables. My shaman is my most enjoyed class, so I don't mind being the most efficient way to EXP, just like Roth is kind of saying above. However I love playing around and seeing that I can survive with 3 mobs on me.

I am really annoyed with the mob mentality on these forums, so you would be somewhat correct on the context in which I'm posting. I am only defending my position really to show that I'm not an idiot. I have some idea of what I'm saying. I'm not delusional enough to post all this and still expect help or something, I'm more than prepared to let this thread die.

Lamil
03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Also if OP had posted this in the Priest/shaman forums he would have gotten better answers than throwing it out on server chat.

Lyrith
03-10-2014, 04:36 PM
I am really annoyed with the mob mentality on these forums, so you would be somewhat correct on the context in which I'm posting. I am only defending my position really to show that I'm not an idiot. I have some idea of what I'm saying. I'm not delusional enough to post all this and still expect help or something, I'm more than prepared to let this thread die.

Yeah these forums can be brutal at times... Crazy the amount of negative and hatred responses you will get on here compared to in the game. I don't think you are an idiot nor do I think other people were meaning that as well.

I believe you are like me, you are looking more for a camp with a single or 2 spawns that you can semi afk and kill easily without having to worry about pathers killing you while afk. This is at least the main way I read your post, but I read it that way because I play on a side screen while working a lot. If this is the case, sadly there just aren't many options in Kunark, classic zones were a lot safer.

Roth
03-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeah these forums can be brutal at times... Crazy the amount of negative and hatred responses you will get on here compared to in the game. I don't think you are an idiot nor do I think other people were meaning that as well.

I believe you are like me, you are looking more for a camp with a single or 2 spawns that you can semi afk and kill easily without having to worry about pathers killing you while afk. This is at least the main way I read your post, but I read it that way because I play on a side screen while working a lot. If this is the case, sadly there just aren't many options in Kunark, classic zones were a lot safer.

Yeah, I'm sorry for being hostile, that's mostly correct. I was looking for something I can basically afk at and kill semi casually and do alright. I mostly prefer grouping anyways, just haven't had as much time lately heh.

Asap
03-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Did you ever think that we are all posting old world zones and mobs because Kunark doesn't really have such options? Kunark mobs tend to have inflated HP and hit like a freight train, as compared to old world mobs.

You wanted to practically afk level by putting as little effort in as possible, so I provided you with the links, thinking I was being helpful.

Then you come and tell people to stop posting old world content, like it's wasting your time.

It's not a "we". you are not part of some special community.

I believe I'm part of this community, and It's a special community.

Furthermore, you post this;

Now, it may just be me, but this post came off as condescending. Telling people they are annoying you by providing you help, and you wonder where the hostility is coming from. Anyways, good luck

Ahldagor
03-11-2014, 04:24 AM
kunark mobs are the challenge. giant fort in FM is good, and you can snipe wandering mobs. you can also go to the cliffs in FV killing pirates and puppymen for pretty decent exp

webrunner5
03-12-2014, 12:12 AM
If the OP has NOT figured out where to go by page 5 like it looks like, he is wasting our time and his. :(